Pokèmon BW2 EV-Training Hot Spots

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I'm not going to post a full guide to EV Training (use this guide). However since the guide only has BW1 EV Training spots, we need a hotspot guide for BW2.

The ideal EV Training hotspot has the following criteria:

• Wild Pokemon encounter rates for the desired EV are over 60% (100% is preferred)
  • Wild Pokemon are as low a level as possible (not strictly necessary)
  • Not dependent on version exclusivity or swarms
  • Requires minimal use of field moves
  • Lowest variety of Pokemon
Here is what I come up with. Can anyone come up with better?

HP

• Grimer (Castelia Sewers) - Requires Surf - Level 15-17 - 1 HP ** Spring/Summer only
  • Stunfisk (Icirrus City) - Requires Surf - Level 47 - 2 HP
  • Audino (almost everywhere) - Shaking Grass - Various - 2 HP ** Shaking Grass

Attack

• Sandile / Darumaka / Scraggy (Route 4) - Level 14-17) - 1 Attack ** 75% Encounter Rate
  • Mienshao / Druddigon / Golurk (Dragonspiral Tower 1F)- Level 55-58 - 2 Attack
  • Golurk (Dragonspiral Tower 2F) - Level 55-58 - 2 Attack
  • Banette / Golurk (Victory Road Entrance) - Level 47-50 - 2 Attack
  • Druddigon / Zweilous (Victory Road Northeast Cave) - Level 47-50 - 2 Attack
  • Patrat / Lillipup / Pidove / Riolu (Floccesy Ranch) - Level 4-7 - 1 Attack ** 65% encounter chance
  • Patrat (Route 19) - Level 2-4 - 1 Attack ** 50% encounter rate

Defense

• Sandshrew / Yamask (Relic Castle 1F - 1BF) - Level 18-21 - 1 Defense ** 60% Encounter Rate
  • Nosepass / Ferroseed / Klink (Chargestone Cave 1F) - Level 26-28 - 1 Defense ** 54% encounter rate without Magnet Pull, 76% with Magnet Pull

Special Attack

• Litwick (Celestial Tower - 2F) - Level 27-30 - 1 SpA

Special Defense

• Frillish (Verbank City) - Requires Surf - Level 7-15 - 1 SpD
  • Baltoy (Relic Castle - Volcarona's Room) - Level 27-30 - 1 SpD

Speed

• Purrloin (Route 19) - Level 2-4 - 1 Speed ** 50% Encounter Rate
  • Basculin (Route 19) - Requires Surf - Level 5-15 - 2 Speed
  • Rattata/Zubat (Castelia Sewers) - Levels 14-17 - 1 Speed ** 90% Encounter Rate

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You should mention Audino for HP, even if it isn't the most efficient way to get EVs, it's still great for leveling stuff up.

Also, Route 19 has only Patrat (Atk) and Purrloin (Spe), with a 50% for each iirc.

Victory Road levels with Banette/Golurk and Zwelious/Druddigon each give two Atk EVs each, and don't require to beat the E4.

Castelia Sewers walking encounters finds only Zubat/Ratatta, which is 1 Spe each.

The forest area for the Victory Road on W2 (which is worth mentioning despite being version exclusive) gives only Petilil and Roselia, which is 1 and 2 SpA EVs, respectively.

Edit:

Also, Nosepass/Onix/Lairon/Durant/Boldore in the Clay Road all give Def (1 for Nosepass/Onix, 2 for Lairon/Durant and 1 Def/Atk from Boldore).

Agonist

No, but otherwise you find Palpitoad (which is HP iirc), Croagunk, Shelmet, and Karrablast.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Elgyem also gives 1 spatk point in celestial tower.
The problem with Celestial Tower is that, 3F and above you also encounter Golbats, unlike BW1. So 2F is the only ideal spot for SpAtk training.

Castelia Sewers you have a 90% chance at a Zubat or Rattata, so adding. Other than Basculin farming this is probably the highest rate out there.

Victory Road is not ideal due to the high level (Celestial Tower is a better location due to Litwick being 20 levels lower) and due to the version exclusive.

Also any area where you have to fight Roggenrola or Boldore kind of suck. Roggenrola has Sturdy, Boldore has Sturdy and grants Attack EVs, which are undesirable if you only want Defense EVs. Unfortunately both BW1 and BW2 are plagued with poor areas to train in Defense.

Agonist

• Grimer/Zubat (Castelia Sewers) - Levels 14-17 - 1 Speed ** 90% Encounter Chance
Think you mean Ratatta instead of Grimer. :p

Anyway, this is a neat little guide, so thanks for putting the effort into it!

So far as Defense is concerned, wouldn't using Magnet Pull in Chargestone work? Both Klink & Ferroseed would get drawn in and both only give Defense EVs.

I think it works even if the Magnet Puller is KO'd, too (not 100% sure though)

It should be mentioned that the Grimer HP grinding spot isn't year-round (The water in the sewers is drained during Autumn/Winter)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
So far as Defense is concerned, wouldn't using Magnet Pull in Chargestone work? Both Klink & Ferroseed would get drawn in and both only give Defense EVs.

I think it works even if the Magnet Puller is KO'd, too (not 100% sure though)
That's definitely an idea. I'll go ahead and add it since without Magnet Pull the encounter rate is 54% anyway (including Nosepass which is 1 Defense EV as well)

So far as Defense is concerned, wouldn't using Magnet Pull in Chargestone work?
If the effect of magnet pull works even when the leading pokemon is KO'ed, I would add to the guide that the probability increases to 76%.

Routes 1 and 2 are nice for attack, because watchog and herdier(2 each) are very common. Additionally, in shaking grass you might find stoutland who gives 3 evs

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Swanna for Speed on Marvelous Bridge, gives 2 Spe EVs. Also, you can pick up Wings which also help for simplified EV training. That is the place I use the most.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I seem to be the only person who runs into grimers by walking.
Its really not surf only, they are just fairly rare (I used one though).
Anyway, nice guide. Especially since I am still doing the LC OIP for the week the EV training could really help since they kinda need the EVs. Could you maybe add a little more special attack though? There has got to be more than litwick worthy to put in the OP!

There are some EV training hotspots on victory road you missed.

In a lot of cave parts (but not all), you only encounter Onix and Boldore, who give defense EVs.

In the outside parts, you encounter basculin and buizel by surfing, both give speed EVs.
By fishing in the cave you encounter basculin and poliwag (poliwhirl and poliwrath in bubling water), all of whom, excluding poliwrath, give speed EVs.

In the grove, you encounter roselia and petilil (cottonee in B2), who give special attack EVs.

There are some EV training hotspots on victory road you missed.

In a lot of cave parts (but not all), you only encounter Onix and Boldore, who give defense EVs.

In the outside parts, you encounter basculin and buizel by surfing, both give speed EVs.
By fishing in the cave you encounter basculin and poliwag (poliwhirl and poliwrath in bubling water), all of whom, excluding poliwrath, give speed EVs.

In the grove, you encounter roselia and petilil (cottonee in B2), who give special attack EVs.
Boldore gives +1 Atk in addition to +1 Def.

The other 2 are inferior to the other options, which have the same EVs and are lower in level too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)