Happy 5th Birthday, CAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Today, November 27th, is the fifth birthday of the Create-A-Pokemon project!

Five years ago from this day, Cooper started up a a brand new project in Stark Mountain, the equivalent of our Smogon Metagames forum. He likely didn't understand the gravity of what he was beginning; CAP has evolved into one of the most successful aspects of Smogon since that time. Currently, we've created fifteen Pokemon, which can be viewed on our CAP site. Our latest CAP, Aurumoth, is still in playtesting; you can learn more about that here.

For me personally, I've lurked CAP for about three years and actively posting for one. This is one of the best communities I've found on the Internet; it's a joy to talk with you all in #cap and on the forums on a daily basis. We're celebrated all across the Internet for our killer designs and attention to competitive detail. This project wouldn't be what it is if we didn't have such an awesome community. Throughout the years, we've likely had hundreds, if not thousands, of contributors pass through. To each and every one of you, from our artists to our battlers, and everything in between: thanks for making CAP the absolute gem that it is. So here's to CAP! We've had a fantastic run so far; let's keep on doing what we do best.

Happy Birthday!

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At precisely five o'clock (GMT) five years ago, a great creature was born.

To celebrate, please enjoy this art thingy that I did way too quickly.

Also Birkal and I had an agreement that in lieu of funny logs we'd all draw pictures

I suppose the above is as poor a start as any but hey CELEBRATION TIME

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Obligatory pun. :)

But wow, it's been five years--imagine! I'm impressed with how far this project has come and how it's still fresh and exciting!

Oh wow, I didn't even know the project went back this far. I assumed we've only been at this for 3-4 years, but that shows how much I really know.

Here's to CAP. May the next 14 mons we create surpass the expectations of an already respectable roster of Pokemon. Happy Birthday.

Edit: Excellent picture there, bmb! I couldn't help but grin at the smaller details, like Stratagem's head being the birdie and the atmosphere Mollux is providing.

Bull of Heaven

Has it been five years already? Where did the time go? Here's hoping for at least five more. Competitive Pokemon may be what brought me to Smogon, but CAP is why I stay.

Oh, and seconding the love for bmb's picture.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Obligatory art history-related posting. "I Saw the Figure 5 in Gold" is punny given our most recent CAP's name.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow, happy birthday to CAP! Seems like such a short time ago I was joining to help design Fidgit.. time flies..

Wow, we've come so far! Happy birthday, CAP! I look forward for more brilliant designs from you in the future! :D

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Happy birthday CAP!

I've spent a lot of time over the past few weeks writing an insane amount of detail about the past five years of CAP history, and you'll be seeing all that soon in Policy Review. So I won't bother repeating any of it here. Suffice to say -- it's been a helluva ride!

Congratulations everyone, but especially DJD; you've done a great job in keeping this process intact and popular.

Happy Birthday!

Today is the day I joined Smogon too! Let's celebrate with some fun smileys:
:pimp::toast::nerd::naughty::heart::pirate::adam::jump::justin::cloud::avatar2::avatar::justin2::kongler::evan::chaos:.
I got carried away but I still think that the Create-A-Pokemon project deserves to be celebrated about. Yippee! I love my life! Go CAP! Go CAP! If you accuse me of spamming I accuse you of not being in party mood for the 5th birthday of the CAP project. WOOT!

Today is the day I joined Smogon too! Let's celebrate with some fun smileys:
:pimp::toast::nerd::naughty::heart::pirate::adam::jump::justin::cloud::avatar2::avatar::justin2::kongler::evan::chaos:.
I got carried away but I still think that the Create-A-Pokemon project deserves to be celebrated about. Yippee! I love my life! Go CAP! Go CAP! If you accuse me of spamming I accuse you of not being in party mood for the 5th birthday of the CAP project. WOOT!
...... how many Red Bulls did you DRINK?

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I have only been around for a small part of the life of this project, I have enjoyed every minute of my time here.
Happy 5th Birthday CAP, and here's to many, many more!

Wow, 5 years. Happy birthday CAP, haven't been here long but I hope to be able to spend a few years here.

Nice picture, bmb.

As the more observant among us have already noted, I haven't been here anywhere near 5 years. I am thankful that others put the work in over those years in order to discover and share information as well as streamline and improve CAP for today and in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)