Here could be an example of a full special set

Victini @ life orb/ choice specs
Timid nature
252 spat 252 spd 4def
Blue flare
Thunderbolt
Grassknot/ energyball
Hp ice

Blue flare would be the obvious stab move of choice. Thunderbolt would be for bulky water types, energyball/grassknot for tyranitar who would otherwise wall this set and hp icw for slower dragons such as draonite and haxorous.

Unfortunatley this set will be know ruined by a lax nature, but still will run calcs

Unable to do calcs of damage at the moment but will add them later

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blue Flare might be weaker than V-Create but 1. it doesn't lower your stats (which leads to Victini to be forced out, which is bad for a pokemon so vulnerable to Pursuit and entry hazards), 2. Victini's checks tend to have higher defense than special defense so the damage output would be similiar.
Blue Flare is a very worthwhile move and I can easily see a special set outperforming the physical one given that your opponent expects the latter.
1) Victini's theoretical gamble is thus: if sun is up and anything offensive switches in, it dies. Period. Most defensive Pokemon, like Hippowdon or Gastrodon, will not outpace him even at -1, so he can go for the 2HKO. Tyranitar is the only Pursuit mon that's even trying to mess with Victini, but a non-Choice set can easily go for the OHKO with Brick Break; CBTar is still slower at -1 and TankTar is slower at -2.

#2 is completely wrong. Tyranitar, Latios, Latias; we're already at three common Victini checks that take Blue Flare with no problems whatsoever. Then we can add Gastrodon, and Pokemon with equal defenses such as Rotom-W and Starmie where Blue Flare is just a weaker move. I'm going off the top of my head and that's already too many. Using a special set also leaves you walled by Chansey and Blissey, whereas a physical set is walled by nothing.

The whopping 50 BP difference eclipses any kind of Def/SpDef disparity his switch-ins may have. If you sit down and do some calcs, you'll notice that raw damage output increases more quickly with BP than raw stats. Both have a similar effect on the damage formula (EX: if stat is doubled damage is doubled; if BP is doubled, damage is also doubled), but there is a much wider array of move power differences than than stat differences among OU Pokemon. You'll see move BP double easily among Pokemon (Ice Shard -> Extremespeed) but not stats (Brelooms base 60 = 156; Tentacruel's base 120 = 276).

In short, stronger moves make stronger Pokemon. This is why Victini outdamages everything in OU with V-create, including Kyurem-B, and why special Victini won't be viable in OU even with a slightly stronger Fire Blast.

Timid nature
252 spat 252 spd 4def
Blue flare
Thunderbolt
Grassknot/ energyball
Hp ice

Blue flare would be the obvious stab move of choice. Thunderbolt would be for bulky water types, energyball/grassknot for tyranitar who would otherwise wall this set and hp icw for slower dragons such as draonite and haxorous.

Unfortunatley this set will be know ruined by a lax nature, but still will run calcs

Why HP ice over Glaciate? it's only 5 BP difference and Glaciate always drops speed by 1 stage. Focus blast would probably be better than Thunderbolt or Grass knot as it hits Tyranitar much harder and 77% accuracy is not too shabby.

I'm afraid I've found further confirmation regarding this Victini's nature :(

http://www.4gamer.net/games/148/G014842/20121116050/

That page shows a screenshot of Victini's summary, and I compared the 1st page of it to the list of natures on the following page:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_natures_in_other_languages

I dunno how much you guys trust the validity of Wiki sites in general, but the nature in question does indeed match the one given in the summary. Lax. Yep.

They better not pull that crap with my DW Snivy.

Well we can still hope for a christmas miracle. If that screenshot is the only source that it has been circling arround then it could be just a random nature. Then again it´s trollfreak so let´s just waint until it´s released

SJCrew

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Victini is actually really interesting at the moment. It is a good check to a lot of troubling Pokemon, Genesect and Breloom mainly, and can provide good momentum. Its pretty obvious that Choice Scarf is its best set currently (largely due to how fast the metagame is), but I was wondering if anyone has had success with a CB set or TR set. We all know how dangerous Reuniclus can be if it gets a Trick Room up, and Victini is no exception. I have used both sets to a lot of success on Sun, but I was wondering if people have used them on other team types and if so how successful they have been with them.

Victini is actually really interesting at the moment. It is a good check to a lot of troubling Pokemon, Genesect and Breloom mainly, and can provide good momentum. Its pretty obvious that Choice Scarf is its best set currently (largely due to how fast the metagame is), but I was wondering if anyone has had success with a CB set or TR set. We all know how dangerous Reuniclus can be if it gets a Trick Room up, and Victini is no exception. I have used both sets to a lot of success on Sun, but I was wondering if people have used them on other team types and if so how successful they have been with them.
I was under the impression that CB was its most common set. Honestly i haven't used Victini since Lavos Spawn's genesun team, but when that was popular, almost every victini i saw was choice banded. IMO, it's his best set, but I haven't used Victini recently since i stopped using that team.

I was under the impression that CB was its most common set. Honestly i haven't used Victini since Lavos Spawn's genesun team, but when that was popular, almost every victini i saw was choice banded. IMO, it's his best set, but I haven't used Victini recently since i stopped using that team.
I checked the usage stats; from the suspect test last month, it was about 30% each for Band and Scarf, with another ~10% using Life Orb.

A guy in another forum has posted the Victini of the Bolt Strike's Victini Event .pgf data(more or less the data of the given mon) and apparently the Nature is random(any)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Could we please cite actual sources instead of "some guy" on "some forum?" Unless you have any .pkm and/or .pgf files and photos, please don't post anything regarding the event Victini. Thanks!

Could we please cite actual sources instead of "some guy" on "some forum?" Unless you have any .pkm and/or .pgf files and photos, please don't post anything regarding the event Victini. Thanks!
The .pgf and .pkm files are from an user who lives in Japan who is usually uploading events from that country.

An another user of the forum who is usually trading event mons and checking .pkm and .pgf files has confirmed that the files are legit.

Captured screens made by myself from the .pgf and .pkm files that he has uploaded, loaded with Pokemon Generator.
The link for downloading the event, if someone wants to check it too(it is taken from Black2)

https://hotfile.com/dl/180863185/dc5881a/Victini_Tohoku.zip.html

I'm very happy that it turned out to be able to be any nature, as oppose to only Lax. I see Victini's usage going up, and It will be even more difficult to switch into, LO will certainly much more usage, since I suspect a LO Boltstrike 2koes pretty much every bulky water there is. Okay there's Gastrodon, Swampert, Quagsire, but they are very slow (victini will outspeed with -1 speed) and I suspect they will get 2koed by V-Create in the sun. HP grass/GK will easily deal with them.

I don't see any real change. Bolt strike might be powerful, but the main reason victini is used is for v create. Its not like Politoad switch into fusion bolt freely anyways. On the other hand choiced electric are infamous for getting stuck easily.

SJCrew

People who say this will be a major change for Victini or that Victini will drastically rise in usage are not being realistic lol. This is only a boon for Victini players. I use a non-Choice Victini habitually, so the extra help to KO Toed on the way in (as in, he doesn't fucking get to switch back out if you predict correctly) is very welcome. I might mess with Glaciate one of these days, but let's get real, what are you replacing for it, U-turn? That's probably the move I use least on Victini.

Put it simply, there is a real change, but it's subtle (EX: Good chance of 2HKOing Leftovers defensive Tar with Bolt Strike after rocks). It's not enough to affect his usage significantly outside of the day or two in testing where people people want to see "Victini used Bolt Strike!" (hint: I do)

Actually you can use bolt strike right now on showdown (it says illegal but you can still use it normally) and i´ve been testing it in UU and like SJCrew said the change it´s only subtle. Sure it helps but it´s not something that´s gonna change the whole metagame

SJCrew

Yeah, I know. I tested it the moment Zarel showed up on the day of the event (I knew that crafty bastard was up to something...) and have been telling people to ignore the 'illegal' tag in teambuilder ever since. It will be updated to parity eventually.

Now, we know Bolt Strike is good. But who's been messing around with Blue Flare and Glaciate? Any mixed gimmicks to share?

I haven't been able to use Bolt Strike much yet, but the TR set seems to be doing particularly well. Whether it sets up TR itself or switches in, I've noticed that once Victini is in in TR you pretty much kill 1-3 pokemon just by spamming V-Create. The fact that Victini resists the most common priority moves in Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Ice Shard (and if you're playing your cards right Sun should be up so Aqua Jet should be doing shit damage) also helps because it makes it really hard to "outspeed" and shut down with TR active. The only problem is getting the little guy in in the first place. The 248 HP EVs and 100/100/100 defenses help, but with SR and EQ and Stone edge everywhere it can be difficult sometimes. Typically I've found Ninetales and Breloom the easiest to come in on, if you have something else asleep already.

Victini @ Life Orb
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 80 Atk/252 SpA/176 Spd
Rash nature (+SpA, -SpD)
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike/Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Glaciate

This set murders a lot of it's common switch-ins. Tyannitar, Heatran are stomped in the ground with Focus Blast. Glaciate punches through many of the x4 weaknesses, most notably Dragonite, and defensive Salamence. Very few pokemon can safely wall this set, Hippowdon and Latios are 2koed my glaciate and your safest bet is probably Latias or Gastrodon.

Timid nature
252 spat 252 spd 4def
Blue flare
Thunderbolt
Grassknot/ energyball
Hp ice

Woah, tested and was amazing as Linkin Park. 40 BP is nothing especially when its spammable... still, use glaciate and focus blast

SJCrew

I see Steel Dragon is catching onto the LO movement. However, for all of the EVs you put into Focus Blast for trolling Ttar and Heatran, you are neglecting your two best moves in the process (V-create, Bolt Strike). Brick Break with Att+ destroys 252 HP Ttar and Heatran after rocks with no risk. Focus Blast has virtually no chance to kill Sp. Def Tar after rocks and with that miss chance, you don't want to be using it anyway.

Glaciate doesn't need EVs to be effective. OHKOs Nite, Mence, and Gliscor after SR. However, your chances of KOing 252 Lando-T after rocks with no Sp. Att EVs are not good, so throwing a few spare EVs in for him might be profitable.

I wouldn't regard a 50% chance of OHKOing after SR as straight OHKOing. To compare: LO-HP[Ice] has a chance higher than 80% to OHKO Gliscor and Dragonite after SR, so it does have its merit.
On the other side Glaciate can pick on certain checks like Latios and defensive Starmie who might come in V-Create, force you out and Recover off the damage. Latois falls after SR-Glaciate-V-Create and Starmie after Glaciate-Bolt Strike.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
In need of some advices about Victini.
I'm thinking about using it in an OU team. Basically I want a pokemon resisting Psychic and Ice. Especially Ice.
I want him to potentially replace Genesect and set-up on a scarf pokemon that would revenge my Dragon with an Ice move (think about a Keldeo stuck on HPice).

So here is the build I "thought" about :

Victini @ Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Substitute
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- U-Turn / Double Edge / Glaciate* / Sunny Day

The idea is to Substitute on the switch and threaten anything thanks to Victini's coverage. Substitute would also come pretty handly after spamming a couple of V Create.
For the last slot, I don't want to be a set-up bait for a Lati@s.. at all. I got a Pursuiter so an U-Turn could be pretty useful. Double Edge hits pretty hard anything... Sunny Day could turn the tide of a game against a weather team in a pinch. Blue Flare to hit the Dragons/Ground pokemons and potentially cancel the sweep of a pokemon.

I really want some advices, I'm just theorymoning things for now. Maybe swap LO for an Expert-Belt/some kind of berry to make the enemy believe that I'm using a choiced set.

What seems awful in this set? What would you change about it as Victini players ?

*EDIT : Thanks Enguarde, I messed up and was confused by all these flashy legendary moves. I indeed meant Glaciate :<
Obviously I'd change the Nature if I take this option ;p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)