5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Out of curiousity, who said that the starting IV frame for Dntralink Polemon is 26?
Notes about BW2/RNG Reporter 9.96, read before posting:
RNG Reporter has updated to .NET Framework 4.5 (download here) allowing searches to be significantly faster. This does mean that Windows XP is no longer supported. I'll make a final XP compatible version after everything has settled down.
  • Certain Languages are nto supported on DSi, if you want to help us out look here.
  • Dream radar is currently not supported in Reporter
  • CGear seeds no longer exist, turning on the CGear advances the IVRNG by 2 frames and advances the PIDRNG like usual
  • Entralink starts on frame 26
  • Memory linking offsets the PIDRNG initial frame by 1 so check the box for it in your profile if you have memory linked.
  • Timer0 ranges are much wider. Some people have 12-15 different Timer0s. Tip: Using Eon Timer to hit your seed greatly increases your consistency for hitting a specific Timer0.
  • Breeding is a total mess, don't even try to breed in BW2 for now. It might never be possible to do much of any breeding. Be happy there's no new egg moves I know of.
  • Shiny Charm support will be added at a later date due to the vast amount of work to implement it.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gonna have to talk with Slashmolder and chiizu about that, since I've found it to be frame 25 (there shouldn't be any major difference between PPRNG and RNG Reporter in seed searches).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I want to RNG cresselia on marvelous bridge and hit the highlighted seed, I have tried several times with no results.
Timer0 troll sucks, just keep at it and eventually you'll hit. Also, why are you using a Bashful sync?

Gonna have to talk with Slashmolder and chiizu about that, since I've found it to be frame 25 (there shouldn't be any major difference between PPRNG and RNG Reporter in seed searches).
Yeah, same here, I've always used IV frame 25 without a problem.

Timer0 troll sucks, just keep at it and eventually you'll hit. Also, why are you using a Bashful sync?

I decided to find which timer0 is consistent by repeatedly findind DS parameters. Btw, I sometimes increase/decrease the hard-reset time by 1 second and search again if I didn't get any seed. Should keep dong it?

Though the Pokemon characteristics/PID frame given on RNGReporter and the time given to hit actually said frame seem to be off a bit. Maybe it's not a problem with RNGReporter but the online stopwatch I'm using.

Quick question about breeding in BW1, in the latest version of RNG Reporter do you still have to search for Min/Max frame of 8 for easy RNG abuse?

Thanks I was trying for like 20 minutes with no luck, I'll drop it down to 1.
I'm not sure you understand: you don't search eggs by IV frames at all anymore. The Min/Max Advances in the Egg tab is for PID, not IVs. 1 isn't going to happen.

If it says Min/Max Frame then you're on the wrong tab.

I'm not sure you understand: you don't search eggs by IV frames at all anymore. The Min/Max Advances in the Egg tab is for PID, not IVs. 1 isn't going to happen.

If it says Min/Max Frame then you're on the wrong tab.
So in the Eggs tab IVs are already accounted for and the Min/Max advances are for PIDRNG?

Question about breeding mechanics on B/W. I'm trying to breed a Dream World Nidoran♂ and I'm currently trying to figure out how far the NPC on Route 3 advances my frame - according to Titan's guide, do I go ahead and do chatters when trying to find this out or do I just pick up the egg and hatch it?

Question about breeding mechanics on B/W. I'm trying to breed a Dream World Nidoran♂ and I'm currently trying to figure out how far the NPC on Route 3 advances my frame - according to Titan's guide, do I go ahead and do chatters when trying to find this out or do I just pick up the egg and hatch it?
In B/W1: Do at least one chatter, grab the egg, and figure out how many PID frames the NPCs advanced you by. Adjust as necessary.

In B/W2: Stop now.

Does anyone have any tips for breeding Male DW Nidoran's on pokemon black? I can't seem to figure out what my starting frame is so I can actually hatch the pokemon I want.

Been at this for about two days now and I can't seem to figure out my Shifted Starting Frame (in other words, I have no idea how much the NPCs advance my frames around the day care) at all, is there some trick/hint I'm missing in terms of breeding nidorans? (For reference I'm using Titan's RNG Guide

(For Reference here are the screenshots I have - the main RNG window *target frame is 64* and the IVs of my current Nidoran that I just hatched)

I am trying to RNG Dreamyard Latias on White 2 (ENG) and am having some trouble (PPRNG). First, I'm not sure if there's a glitch in the program but when I enter the information into the standard seed searcher I choose "stationary" for my encounter method and "none" for my lead ability; however, when I double click to go to the seed inspector changes to "Grass/Cave" and "Synchronize" (see pics below).

When I switch them back to my initial search the results do change but I can't seem to hit the seed. I understand that the timer0 is different and more dificult to hit but I have successfully RNG generated and caught Ditto (hidden hollow) and Genesect (event) with relatively little trouble. I am not sure if I am searching correctly for Latias or something. Any advice will be appreciated and if you need more information or clarity please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Does anyone have any tips for breeding Male DW Nidoran's on pokemon black? I can't seem to figure out what my starting frame is so I can actually hatch the pokemon I want.

Been at this for about two days now and I can't seem to figure out my Shifted Starting Frame (in other words, I have no idea how much the NPCs advance my frames around the day care) at all, is there some trick/hint I'm missing in terms of breeding nidorans? (For reference I'm using Titan's RNG Guide

(For Reference here are the screenshots I have - the main RNG window *target frame is 64* and the IVs of my current Nidoran that I just hatched)

According to those screenshot, you didn't hit your timer0 as the IVs do not match any of the frames. A tip from me would be to remove the everstone and use international parents, that will still give you shiny seeds but because the same nature won't be clustered together, finding your SSF will be much easier.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I am trying to RNG Dreamyard Latias on White 2 (ENG) and am having some trouble (PPRNG). First, I'm not sure if there's a glitch in the program but when I enter the information into the standard seed searcher I choose "stationary" for my encounter method and "none" for my lead ability; however, when I double click to go to the seed inspector changes to "Grass/Cave" and "Synchronize" (see pics below).
This is probably a minor glitch (it's supposed to open with the encounter type you prioritized), however I'm not sure at the moment what leaving all Lead Ability choices unchecked does. Regardless, if the inspector shows the right data when you change the encounter type to stationary and the encounter lead to whatever your lead is (I would recommend a sync if you have it) then everything should be fine.

When I switch them back to my initial search the results do change but I can't seem to hit the seed. I understand that the timer0 is different and more dificult to hit but I have successfully RNG generated and caught Ditto (hidden hollow) and Genesect (event) with relatively little trouble. I am not sure if I am searching correctly for Latias or something. Any advice will be appreciated and if you need more information or clarity please let me know. Thanks in advance.
If you are not getting the correct IVs, you are not hitting your seed. There is an Adjacents tab in the Seed Inspector that will help you find what seed you are hitting.

I heard that memory linking advances the frame by 3. Does this mean I will have to advance the frame by 5 instead of 8 ( for a stationary pokemon) if I got a 9 as my target frame?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I heard that memory linking advances the frame by 3. Does this mean I will have to advance the frame by 5 instead of 8 ( for a stationary pokemon) if I got a 9 as my target frame?
Memory linking offsets the PIDRNG initial frame by 1, I believe that's all there is to it.

Is fog advancing the frames or is it just blocking Sweet Scent?
It just blocks Sweet Scent

IN BW2, the amount of timer0s you can hit is well >10. That means you should calibrate until you know for sure which of them you hit more often.
Easier said than done. I decided to wait until I can get a hold of an older model DS to RNG on for the few BW2 RNG's that I need to perform. To this day, I have only ever hit my Timer0 correctly on my Black 2 once.

To the makers of the RNG Reporter: there is an option to "Skip L/R" buttons. My DS's trigger buttons work fine but every calibration that I have attempted has failed when trying to use the D-Pad. Would be possible to add a "Skip" for all buttons to the profiles?

Also, is there any word on PC users getting the ability to RNG the Dream Radar Pokemon?

Has gotten back into RNG now since BW and got a flawless shiny Gible (the gift) and I wonder if there is a easy method to get the right natures with giftpokemon(next step is the DW Eevee) that I can use in the latest RNG reporter since it seems I cant advance the frame which determined the nature by saving in this it seems?

I´m not used to PIDRNG but softresetting for nature is ok as long as I wont have to check every frame that is listed.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Memory linking offsets the PIDRNG initial frame by 1, I believe that's all there is to it.
Memory Link results in the same or fewer PIDRNG advancements compared to when it has not been performed, never additional advancements. The actual difference depends on the seed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)