SandandSandandSand - An OU RMT

'Lo everyone, I'm quite new on Smogon, and because I've been working on a team for quite a while, I decided to post it here because I'm bad at a lot of aspects of competitive battling. I'm good at the battling itself, but team building is a chore, and fixing the team up is an absolute NIGHTMARE. Just ignore that bad tile, I'm bad at making those.

I've always liked Terrakion for his Double Dancer set, and I've tried to slap it onto every single team I make. That doesn't work though, so I wanted to make a team around him instead.

I heard Landorus is a excellent partner for Terrakion, so I slapped him onto the team just to try it out. They had little defensive synergy, but offensively, they were monsters.

What do you need for Landorus? Sand. Tyranitar is the biggest, baddest sand starter around, and he isn't dead weight after starting it, either. I chose his Choice Band set for two reasons: One, he wouldn't lose to Politoed or Ninetales if we sent both of 'em out first, and two for his immense wallbreaking power.

I'm sure I could've chose another pokemon for setting entry hazards, but Deoxys-D is one of the only things that would fit. He's ridiculously bulky, and decently fast as well.

With Deoxys-D setting mountains of hazards, I needed a spinner to make sure they weren't spun away. MYSTICgar was my set of choice, as with sand and Substitutes he would be killed off way too quickly, and protect let me check out my opponent's move of choice, too.

I wanted Lucario on the team because his SD set is amazing, and he's nearly impossible to revenge kill because of ExtremeSpeed. I changed Terrakion to a Bander, and Tyranitar to a scarfer, because having two CB pokemon on a team is rather unneccesary.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch​

Lucario's the main sweeper of my team because I said so. Really, he can either be a good thing to send in at the beginning of the game, an excellent late-game sweeper, or even a revenge killer with ExtremeSpeed. The first three moves are self-explainitory, and crunch is there for pesky ghosts and psychic types that I can reliably outspeed. If not, I'd have to resort to Tyranitar.​

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Gravity
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice​

Landorus is a great pokemon for this team, because it can really take advantage of just about everyone on it. Terrakion? 'Ol Lando here really likes how much damage Terrakion can do to the opponents team. Tyranitar? Landorus looooooves the sand for how much more powerful it makes him. Deoxys-D? Loves those entry hazards, and Gravity even makes everything get hit by spikes. Lucario doesn't contribute a lot, but ExtremeSpeed sure lets Lucario take advantage of him! Even though Gengar has nearly nothing to do with Landorus, he appreciates the information Gengar can provide him with Protect.​

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Quick Attack​

Terrakion is always a monster, no matter what, so it makes sense that CB Terrakion is a devil. Close Combat hits almost everything for a lot of damage, even things that resist it. The only thing things that don't are Ghost types. Stone Edge hits a lot more things, and the extra chance for a critical hit really makes up for the lack of accuracy. X-Scissor is almost unnecessary. Quick Attack is quite useful to knock off a tiny bit of HP, and is actually a fine choice against things with bad defense, like Tentacruel. It still doesn't do much, after all, it's Quick Attack.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

Tyranitar starts up sand that Terrakion and Landorus revere, and also traps that annoying thing called ghost types. Espeon is also a pain to face, and Tyranitar makes it turn into absolutely nothing. His lacking speed hardly matters because of his Choice Scarf, and it can even beat Scarf Latios if it has just used Draco Meteor. Really, this team wouldn't even be 1/3 as effective if it didn't have Tyranitar.​

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Fire​

Gengar is basically a spinblocker. That's his job. He doesn't do much else. He can scout with Protect and beat Blissey if it doesn't have Thunder Wave, but Gengar really doesn't have a real role. If there's a spinner, block it. End role. I often double switch if my opponent sends in Starmie, throwing in Gengar to block Rapid Spin, and switching to Tyranitar to KO the offending starfish with Pursuit.​

Deoxys-Defense @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Magic Coat​

Deoxys-D is definitly the single best lead in OU. Maybe even in Ubers. He can set rocks and a layer of spikes without fail, and he beats EVERY SINGLE common non-offensive lead. Anything with Taunt? Perhaps even something that might have Taunt? Magic Coat and the opposing pokemon is the one with a bad situation. You can taunt slower pokemon, but Magic Coat is definitly the best option. The one thing that can stop Deo-D from doing it's job is Magic Bounce, and that is stopped with Tyranitar.​

Well anyway, I thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope you'll give me some tips. Particularly ones that tell me how to
STOP GENESECT.

Hey!

Good team already, so I only have some small suggestions for you. You're pretty weak to Genesect as you mentioned, Lucario isn't that great, and I think Landorus could be more efficient for your team archetype.

First, try Choice Band Tyranitar instead of Choice Scarf. EVs are: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe with an Adamant nature. Choice Band Tyranitar will be much bulkier and stronger. It revenges pretty much the exact same things that Choice Scarf does, except for maybe Gengar. However, with the extra power, you can threat Pokemon like Jellicent, Politoed, and Ninetales much more easily. It's also a good back up check to Rock Polish Genesect since that is a pretty tough Pokemon for you to handle.

Next, I'd advocate changing Lucario to Life Orb Latios. Lucario is pretty bad in this metagame mostly because Rock Polish Genesect is a huge threat. Lucario loses to every Genesect, and when Genesect is the biggest threat in the metagame, that's pretty alarming. Latios will give you a much better check to Rain teams. Right now, you have no Water resists. That's especially worrisome when Scarf Keldeo is very popular. It would just 6-0 your team as is. Latios naturally lures out Genesect and a couple Surfs or Draco Meteors will limit Genesect for the rest of the match. Some Special offensive presence on your team wouldn't hurt either since you are very weak to Pokemon like Skarmory.

Finally, you should use Rock Polish Landorus. Earth Power is so strong it's almost ridiculous. Aside from Latias or some weird special defensive Pokemon, Special Rock Polish Landorus has no real counters. The hardest thing is setting Landorus up because people know how threatening it is. As I mentioned earlier with Latios, you could also you a little Special Offense to deal with Skarmory, Gliscor, etc. Special Attacks are the best they've ever been, so take advantage of that!

Good luck!

Sure, I'll try those changes out. I've already updated the team on the PO teambuilder, but my Internet is down (and won't be working 'till next week or so, and these library computers aren't advanced enough for PS, plus they've blocked PO, so it'll probably take a while.) Just looking at it though, I'm wondering if two banded Pokemon on the same team will be slightly redundant.

I'm also liking how because of Tyranitar, people might thing that Lando is a physically based one, while in reality it's actually a special one. Also, would you say Modest or Timid? After all, I do have Rock Polish.

I'm also liking how because of Tyranitar, people might thing that Lando is a physically based one, while in reality it's actually a special one. Also, would you say Modest or Timid? After all, I do have Rock Polish.

I don't find this true at all. In almost 100 battles, I saw like one scarf physical Landorus and a ton of special ones. Rock polish is the most common set now, even on sand teams.

For the nature, I recommend timid so you can outspeed any non choice Jirachi and be able to risk the speed tie against other Landorus or Thundurus-T if you absolutely have to. Modest lets you forgo some more speed EVs for bulk, but I don't find it worth the speed loss just to OHKO Genesect with no prior damage (who you don't even outspeed anymore due to modest).

This team is actually very similar to one of mine (3 different pokemon, but 2 serve similar roles) and I definitely see it being very weak to Genesect. I got around it and other fast threats by running two scarfers + Breloom. You'll be able to handle Genesect better by running scarf Terrakion rather than band, and Breloom rather than Lucario. Band can OHKO and live any RPsect's hit, but you lose to scarf as U-turn will wear you down after a few switch ins. Scarf can switch into RP, fire off a hit to where Breloom can finish the job with mach punch. If it's not RP, then you're safe and can just close combat away. Kind of a shoddy way to handle Genesect offensively, but it worked pretty well for me.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This team, even with the good changes suggested by Undisputed, is 6-0'd by Weavile. Only Deoxys-D isn't 0HKO but he can't do much in return. Obviously Weavile isn't a common threat, but you're weak to the Ice/Fighting combo pretty hard. So the point wouldn't be how to fix Weavile's weakness, but how to make this team less weak to this combo.
Mamoswine could be a big threat too, since he has access to Superpower and Ice Shard, both moves that are really threatening to you.

Your Gengar is only here to Spin Block? You should not use a Gengar for this matter. Instead take a Jellicent. I'd say a mixed one to not get simply killed by any Pursuit.
Moreover you get a resistance to Ice, an immunity to water. You fix Keldeo's weakness. You're not so weak to Bullet Punch and Mach Punch as before.
This is cool.

EDIT : I wasn't talking about meeting both obviously. And switching won't work, the LO versions are more common.
Weavile outspeed everything so have fun switching :p
Mamoswine Jolly outspeed a large part, and while you can ignore Weavile weakness, you can't ignore this one. LO Jolly Mamo will sweep you easily, you're only chance is to find a room to switch on Terrakion.. this won't be easy and at this point, you need a serious change.

I recommend using a Heatran with an Air Balloon over your Gengar. Remedy did point out a glaring weakness to Weavile an Mamoswine, but thankfully both of those are fairly uncommon in OU (at least in my experience), and I've never seen someone run both on the same team. Most Weavile and Mamoswine I have encountered are either Banded or Scarfed, which could easily be countered by switching out to another member of your team.

You mentioned a problem with Genesect, to which Heatran is really the de facto counter to. Heatran benefits on your team from a Special Defense boost from the Sandstorm, which helps to wall Rock Polish Genesect's attempts to sweep with a boost. Heatran is also just a great general wall to use, able to take a few hits and return them (although he doesn't really have much long-term durability due to a lack of healing moves). I recommend a set such as this:

Heatran (Calm or Bold, your call)@ Air Balloon
252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 Sp Def
~Lava Plume
~Earth Power
~Protect
~Roar

Due to your Deoxys-D, you are basically guaranteed hazards, which Heatran can really benefit from with this Roar set. Protect is for scouting out moves, and Lava Plume/Earth Power help out with killing things. Roar also helps kill the momentum of VoltTurn teams, which although rare, seem to pose a possible problem to this team.

Also, Rock Polish Landorus > Gravity Landorus.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool team!

Your team looks pretty solid; the Weavile weakness does stand out a bit but I think your biggest problem is your lopsided-ness. 4 out of 5 of your attackers are physical, with only Gengar as a special attacker- which leaves you trouble getting past common walls like Skarmory, Ferrothorn, or Forretress. You do have Deo-D to help stop them from supporting, but Ferrothorn can still do a lot of damage with Power Whip, as can Forretress with Gyro Ball. For this reason, I think it's a good idea to make your Landorus Sheer Force Rock Polish, just like Undisputed said.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Modest / 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Earth Power / Rock Polish / Focus Blast / HP Ice

Rock Polish Landorus will definitely help your team in many ways. Focus Blast can 2HKO Defensive Skarm, Forretress, and Ferrothorn, it's so crazy powerful. Earth Power hits Steels hard, and is a very stable and powerful STAB to spam (almost 250 BP, no drawbacks) HP Ice is for coverage, since Lati@s and Gliscor and opposing Landoruses could be annoying. Modest is for more power, and also for the fact that not much outspeeds you after Rock Polish anyway.

A great solution to your problem with Ice types / Mamo would be to ditch Lucario altogether. It's not helping your team take hits, and it's slow to start up- so I think a better pokemon for the slot would be Techniloom.

Breloom @ Leftovers
Jolly / 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore / Swords Dance / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed

Albeit not the best water resist in the metagame, Breloom does cover up some more spots without adding too many weaknesses in the process. Loom's Mach Punch will surely dispose of all Weaviles coming your way, and Bullet Seed takes care of those Adamant Mamoswines. Spore duds a pokemon from your opponent's team if you use it well, and can be used to combat walls. Swords Dance lets you keep Luc's sweeping capabilities, and Bullet Seed destroys slower Ground / Water types such as Politoed or Donphan. Loom significantly lowers your weakness to water types by not only being able to absorb a hit but also to KO back with ease or set up.

On Gengar, I would definitely use Substitute over Protect. Protect is actually a pretty useful move for Gengar, but for your team, I think Substitute will benefit more. Sub lets you beat Blissey no matter what, as well as get an upper hand when you force switches. Substitute also lets Gengar display a more offensive presence- besides just being there to Spinblock. After all, that 130 SpA shouldn't ever be overlooked. Substitute will buy you the time you need to nab crucial 2HKO's.

Good luck!

EDIT: Genesect does look a bit problematic, but I do think you have the tools to beat it. Your best card against it wpuld be your Terrakion- as, in Sand, it can take many hits with impunity and KO back. When facing Genesect, you should try to get hazards up- as it's one thing every Genesect hates. Then, just play smart- Giga Drain versions hate Gengar, and non-Giga hate Terrak. @ttar can come in on a resisted hit, and Deo D can as well to set hazards.

For the nature, I recommend timid so you can outspeed any non choice Jirachi and be able to risk the speed tie against other Landorus or Thundurus-T if you absolutely have to.

This team is actually very similar to one of mine (3 different pokemon, but 2 serve similar roles) and I definitely see it being very weak to Genesect. I got around it and other fast threats by running two scarfers + Breloom. You'll be able to handle Genesect better by running scarf Terrakion rather than band, and Breloom rather than Lucario.
Well, I've gotten all of my questions answered! I'll change up my team in the teambuilder (again) but I still can't test due to my internet problems.

Your Gengar is only here to Spin Block? You should not use a Gengar for this matter. Instead take a Jellicent. I'd say a mixed one to not get simply killed by any Pursuit.
Moreover you get a resistance to Ice, an immunity to water. You fix Keldeo's weakness. You're not so weak to Bullet Punch and Mach Punch as before.
This is cool.
Would this EV spread (248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe with a Bold nature) be effective?

I recommend using a Heatran with an Air Balloon over your Gengar.

Heatran (Calm or Bold, your call)@ Air Balloon
252 HP/4 SpAtk/252 Sp Def
~Lava Plume
~Earth Power
~Protect
~Roar

Also, Rock Polish Landorus > Gravity Landorus.
I've gotten the message about Landorus several times, so I'm definitly going to test that. But I don't really like defensive Heatran, and I'm probably going to try out Scarf Terrakion + Techniloom so I don't think I need the Heatran. I'll try it out if I have enough time, though.

I think it's a good idea to make your Landorus Sheer Force Rock Polish, just like Undisputed said.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Modest / 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Earth Power / Rock Polish / Focus Blast / HP Ice

A great solution to your problem with Ice types / Mamo would be to ditch Lucario altogether. It's not helping your team take hits, and it's slow to start up- so I think a better pokemon for the slot would be Techniloom.

Breloom @ Leftovers
Jolly / 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore / Swords Dance / Mach Punch / Bullet Seed
Well it sure seems like Sheer Force Landorus is just about the biggest change offered, so yes, I'll definitly do that (with a Timid nature though and also the Breloom.

Thanks for all of your rates!

Hey Chastin! One thing that's a noticeable weakness in your team is your easily swept by water types (Keldeo) and Tornadus-T. I suggest using Rotom-W and/or Gastrodon over either Landorus and/or Gengar. A specially Defensive Rotom could take the hit from water types and Volt switch out. On the other hand Gastrodon can take the water moves in with Storm Drain and it doesn't take sand storm damage.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Calm
EV's: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Or If you want a Gastrodon set

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EV's: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earthquake / Earth Power
- Ice Beam / Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

EDIT: After reading your above post, i realize water is not as big as a weakness for you. But i will leave my suggestions for you just in case you want to try them out.

Hey man i got your request solid sand team!

Looking at your team i would have to agree with Remedy that your team is quite weak to pokemon with Ice and Fighting-type coverage. Weavile is a big threat outspeeding your whole team and hitting all of them super effectively with Low Kick, Pursuit and Ice Punch. Ice+Fighting coverage is also common on pokemon like Conkeldurr who can also set up Bulk Ups on Terrakion, and Tyranitar and Mamoswine who can be hard to switch into for your team. Choice Scarf Terrakion also looks quite painful seeing as it can outspeed and beat Tyranitar, Terrakion and Lucario with Close Combat and Gengar and Landoru would not like taking a Stone Edge. Rain teams also look troublesome for your team as you have 3 water-type weaknesses and no resists which is an extreme flaw in a metagame where rain is one of the most common and dominant play styles.

To help your team against Mamoswine, Terrakion and Weavile while also providing your team with a great spin blocker and pokemon to use against rain teams i suggest Jellicent>Gengar with Jellicents Water/Ghost-typing and awesome ability in Water Absorb Jellicent is immune to Fighting and Water-type attacks while resisting Ice making him a great pokemon for this team seeing as you are weak to those types. Jellicent can also block rapid spin attempts from your opponent keeping your hazards intact. With Will-o-Wisp Jellicent provides your team with great support giving your more frail pokemon like Lucario have an easier time setting up. With Taunt Jellicent can stop pokemon like Forretress and Skarmory from getting hazards up which is great seeing as your team lacks a Rapid Spin user.

On Lucario you can use Bullet Punch>Extreme Speed while it is a weaker move it still gains stab still has priority and can hit pokemon like Mamoswine, Terrakion and Weavile super effectively which is good seeing as your team doesn't do to well against them.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Jellicent @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Bold | 248 Hp / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Surf | Will-o-Wisp | Recover | Taunt

Tl;dr

Jellicent--->Gengar

Lucario
.Bullet Punch--->Extreme Speed

~Superpowerdude

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. You asked for a rate, so here it is. Sorry for it being late. Before I go on, nice team. Now, onto the substance of my rate. For one, I wholeheartedly agree with everyone above that you should replace your Gravity Landorus with a Sheer Force Landorus. This gives you a very reliable sweeper that can almost always clean house without a sweat. Also, I'd go with Choice Band Tyranitar over your ScarfTar, since it provides you a Rock Polish Genesect check and wall-breaker. If you decide to actually use those changes, I'd recommend shifting your CB Terrakion to a SubSalac Terrakion. This gives you a Pokemon that can break apart opposing Deoxys-D hyper offense teams and walls that can actually stop Sheer Force Landorus without a sweat, as well as sweep on a good day. You lose a Scarfer in the process, but that can be remedied by using Choice Scarf Latios over Lucario, who isn't as good in this metagame as it used to be. Scarf Latios gives you a Water resist, as well as a quick revenge killer that can make Scarf Genesect, Keldeo, and Terrakion cry. Finally, if you really just want Gengar to spinblock, I'd encourage you to try out my Destiny Bond Gengar over your current Gengar. It reliably beats EVERY common spinner in OU, and if it doesn't take down the opponent's spinner, it'll leave them in such a state where they can't do anything to take hazards off their side of the field.

Any suggestions here aren't mandated, unlike the ones in the previous paragraph. First off, I'd recommend trying out my Thunder Wave Deoxys-D over your current Deoxys-D set. For one, if an opponent leads with Volcarona against your Deoxys-D, then they can easily grab a boost and sweep your team clean. Thunder Wave ruins that proposition and allows you to use Terrakion or Tyranitar to keep it down. This countermeasure also works against Rock Polish Genesect that aim to set up on your Deoxys-D. A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Latios @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid | 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Draco Meteor | Surf | Hidden Power | Trick

Gengar @ Focus Sash | Levitate
Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Shadow Ball | Hidden Power | Thunder | Destiny Bond

Deoxys [Defense] @ Mental Herb | Pressure
Timid | 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | 0 Atk
Stealth Rock | Spikes | Taunt | Thunder Wave

Landorus @ Life Orb | Sheer Force
Modest | 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe | 2 Atk / 30 Def
Rock Polish | Earth Power | Focus Blast | Hidden Power

Terrakion @ Salac Berry | Justified
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Substitute | Swords Dance | Close Combat | Stone Edge

Nitpicks:
  • SD Lucario ----> Scarf Latios
  • Sub + 3 Attacks Gengar ----> Destiny Bond Gengar
  • Scarf Tyranitar ----> Band Tyranitar*
  • Magic Coat Deoxys-D ----> Thunder Wave Deoxys-D*
  • Gravity Landorus ----> Sheer Force Landorus
  • Band Terrakion ----> SubSalac Terrakion
*: optional

Despite the length of this rate (and list), these are all just nitpicks that you can try out. Have fun with these, and good luck!

Gengar. It reliably beats EVERY common spinner in OU
No it doesn't. It loses to Starmie, even if you're sashed. A competent player will just attack on the obvious switch and then go for the kill next turn.

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
One thing I would like to point out is your weakness to scarf Salamence. Not only is your scarfer (Tyranitar) slower than it, but your steel type and priority user (Lucario) can't take a +1 outrage and fail to OHKO Salamence back. It can practically clean up your team with very little prior damage.

The easiest fix to this without changing the team too much would be to use scarf Terrakion over CB, or simply replacing Lucario with a scarf Jirachi. You can then play around with the sets on Ttar and Terrakion, probably with a CB Ttar and SubSalac Terrakion.

However, the problem with the above is it doesn't solve the lack of water resist that has been pointed out by other people. For this reason, I recommend either scarf Keldeo (over Terrakion) or Latios over Landorus (specs or life orb should work nicely). If using Scarf Keldeo, you can keep SD Lucario, while if you choose Latios, I believe Scarf Jirachi is a necessity. I think SD Lucario will once again become a potent threat if Genesect does get banished to ubers.

In summary:
Keep Gengar, Tyranitar, Deoxys-D

either use SubSalac Terrakion - Scarf Jirachi - LO Latios, or
Scarf Keldeo - SD Lucario - LO Landorus

Hope this helped, sorry for the poorly structured rate.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
No it doesn't. It loses to Starmie, even if you're sashed. A competent player will just attack on the obvious switch and then go for the kill next turn.
Try to see further please, he atacks and then? he kills Gengar and get trapped and killed by the Scarf Ttar. End of the story Gengar did his job.
And that's in the worst case, if he doesn't predict you well it's even easier.

And as you guess, a "competent player" will not do it knowing there is a Pursuiter, they rarely counter play the "obvious" stuff.

Ah I completely forgot scarftar was on this team. I thought he had banded Ttar. My bad. Against bandtar or any other variant you'd just be able to spin against Tyranitar and win in the end. Deoxys-D is usually the first thing to die so sacrificing Starmie to spin wouldn't be too bad of an idea to keep hazards off unless you need it for something else.

Ok, I won't be quoting this time because I'm on an iPhone, so I'll just answer to stuff here.

Trinitrotoluene, I'll try using the SubSalac Terrakion and Scarf Latios over Band Terrakion and Lucario, but I've been trying out Jellicent over Gengar, so I think I won't be using the Gengar. Also, I'm going to use a Sheer Force Landorus for sure, but I prefer the simple and infinitely easier to type 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe with a Timid Nature. And also, yes on Banded Tyranitar, and no on the Thunder Wave Deo-D, I do need a way to beat faster Taunters.

Superpowerdude, I shall definitely do the Jellicent, but after being told (and doing some testing) I've found that it is true that Lucario just isn't as good as Latios, or even Breloom.

gr8astard, I don't agree with Scarf Jirachi, mainly because I hate Jirachi, but I did say yes to SubSalac Terrakion as well as a Latios earlier in this post.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey there got your request. You have a pretty solid team but it has a huge fighting weakness. With two of your weaks being choiced, Terrakion (especially subsalac variants) and Keldeo are going to have a field day on your team.

I would definitely add in a LO Lati@s over Lucario or Terrakion. It gives you a solid answer to late game Keldeo and another answer to fighting types to take pressure off Gengar. Additionally, it thrives with hazards support as it can forces a lot of switches with its fantastic coverage and compliments Sheer Force Landorus well. You currently have 0 switch ins to water types so it gives you another answer to those as well.

Replacing Gengar for Jellicent like others have suggested would also help you handle rain teams as well. It puts less pressure on your opponents team but it can definitely save you from getting swept if Latios gets low on hp.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Recover

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)