5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I downloaded RNG Reporter on a new computer last night, entered in my profile information, and got this message. Today I deleted the RNG .zip file, re-downloaded, and did the same thing. Same error message. What is the problem/how can I fix it?

edit: and the embedding apparently doesn't work, here is the link http://imgur.com/jcJ39

edit 2: fixed and in hide tags

I find it to be easier on the original, but I guess it depends on how use you are to the console.
Neither is any easier than the other to hit a seed on though, correct?

For that matter, aside from the lack of a seconds hand on the DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL menu clock necessitating an external timer, is the addition of more possible Timer0 values the only thing that makes it any easier to hit a seed on 1 model of DS than another?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
For that matter, aside from the lack of a seconds hand on the DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL menu clock necessitating an external timer, is the addition of more possible Timer0 values the only thing that makes it any easier to hit a seed on 1 model of DS than another?
pretty much

I'm assuming this would be hard to predict as the phenomenons don't always occur at specific steps? Or should I just keep resetting to hope I encounter a phenomenon within the 128 steps?
Well, technically, it advances once every 128 steps, but the step counter for the current 128 steps gets carried over with your save. So I'd strongly suggest that, when searching for a seed, you assume that you'll be advancing the IV frame that way at least once, and try to walk exactly 128 (or 256 if you need to) steps.

Well, technically, it advances once every 128 steps, but the step counter for the current 128 steps gets carried over with your save. So I'd strongly suggest that, when searching for a seed, you assume that you'll be advancing the IV frame that way at least once, and try to walk exactly 128 (or 256 if you need to) steps.
So just to clarify, I walk to said cave and it took me 50 steps to get there and save. So when I set the date and get back into the game the counter for the 128 steps will start from 50 and not back from 0? Do we know when the counter is reset, or where it's at at any given time? Since I'll be walking MOST DEFINITELY would it just be a better idea to stick with advancing the PIDRNG this way or should I bring Chatot just in case? Although I don't see how that would work since as soon as you walk into the phenomenon you initiate the battle. Wow this seems a lot harder than I thought it would be.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I should've known better than to post so close to the bottom with a question that I think very few will be able to answer.

I downloaded RNG Reporter on a new computer last night, entered in my profile information, and got this message. Today I deleted the RNG .zip file, re-downloaded, and did the same thing. Same error message. What is the problem/how can I fix it?

edit: and the embedding apparently doesn't work, here is the link http://imgur.com/jcJ39

edit 2: fixed and in hide tags

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Yes, it is the exact same. I just RNG'd my ID about twenty minutes ago using the same exact process as I did in BW. You need to account for the additional Timer0 values, though.

So just to clarify, I walk to said cave and it took me 50 steps to get there and save. So when I set the date and get back into the game the counter for the 128 steps will start from 50 and not back from 0?
No. You're not counting where it was before you took those 50 steps.

Do we know when the counter is reset, or where it's at at any given time?
The only "reset" or way to know where it is (on a retail cart, anyway) is when the advancement happens and it starts counting another 128, which of course you can't reasonably find short of testing every step until you find the IV frame advanced. That's why we tell people to walk exactly 128 steps: it's the only way to know for sure how many times you've advanced the IV frame short of getting into your battle.

...Actually, that's why you should normally stick to IV frames of 1: because advancing the IV frame just isn't worth it when there's stuff like this to deal with, especially when you have the PIDRNG to advance, too, and you can get the same results without it.

Since I'll be walking MOST DEFINITELY would it just be a better idea to stick with advancing the PIDRNG this way or should I bring Chatot just in case? Although I don't see how that would work since as soon as you walk into the phenomenon you initiate the battle. Wow this seems a lot harder than I thought it would be.
Bring a Chatot and treat the steps like a bunch of moving NPCs: make the same number of turns & steps, go for your target, find your Shifted Starting Frame, and adjust with Chatot.

You can rng it from the e4, but only for shininess and nature. If you want to rng ivs, then no.
Basically, once it's roaming everything is set. The the only thing you can do is faint it and rng it from the e4, but you won't be able to rng ivs.

What does rng it from the e4 mean? Besides, I thought Thundurus does not appear again if it is fainted.

I want to RNG a flawless haxorus with mold breaker but I do not know how to determine if mold breaker is ability0 or ability1. Please help. I am using the latest RNG Reporter.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
I want to RNG a flawless haxorus with mold breaker but I do not know how to determine if mold breaker is ability0 or ability1. Please help. I am using the latest RNG Reporter.
Mold Breaker is Ability 1.

The Pokedex-IV checker option in Reporter showcases A0 and A1 for each Pokemon, so use that as a reference.

Is it possible to RNG a flawless ditto in Giant chasm ( Plains)? You can not use sweet scent there and I do not really know any other way of RNGing wild pokemon :(
The encouter slots are 3 and 6 for a ditto in B1, right?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You can get rid of the fog to be able to Sweet Scent. Save inside the Giant Chasm, change the month to a different season, load the game, battle something. After the battle, the fog will be gone, so you can save again and then RNG it like any other wild encounter. Note that this works for all forms of weather, so you could use it to get rid of the sandstorm in the desert for instance.

I should've known better than to post so close to the bottom with a question that I think very few will be able to answer.
Right click -> Run as admin is about all I can think of.

If that doesn't work, install it somewhere else. Like in your My Documents folder, or on the desktop.

I always get a lvl 53 metang or a lvl 52 piloswine instead of the ditto to I am trying to RNG. I checked 3 and 6 only for the encounter slots and am pretty sure I am hitting my target time since I am using Eontimer. Would appreciate any help/.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I always get a lvl 53 metang or a lvl 52 piloswine instead of the ditto to I am trying to RNG. I checked 3 and 6 only for the encounter slots and am pretty sure I am hitting my target time since I am using Eontimer. Would appreciate any help/.
You're probably not advancing the PID, which controls the encounter slots. Paste the seed in the main page, calculate your initial PID frame, look for a frame that has the encounter slots for ditto, advance discordantly.

If I want to RNG a shiny pokemon do I use the time finder or the main page to find a seed?
Another question. On the time finder it says nearby shiny and frame. Are they not the same thing?
Another question. What is the fastest way to hit a shiny seed of frame 8000?

If I want to RNG a shiny pokemon do I use the time finder or the main page to find a seed?
Time Finder. You can't even use the main page to find a seed in the first place.

Another question. On the time finder it says nearby shiny and frame. Are they not the same thing?
Click the Nearby Shiny box in Time Finder and it'll ask you how far you want to advance for it. No, they're not the same as IV frames, as you've already been told.

Another question. What is the fastest way to hit a shiny seed of frame 8000?
...By not being insane/idiotic enough to use a seed with a frame that ridiculously high.

Is there a list of the routes and their respective WNPCs in BW2? I wanted to know to RNG Terrakion, Virizion, Azelf, Cresselia and Uxie.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Out of those five, Uxie and Terrakion have WNPCs (Seven and one, respectively).

Is there anyone that can help me acquire my SID. It seems that my ISP is blocking access to Pokecheck and I do not have AR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 32)