Genesect while you can!

GENESECT WHILE YOU CAN
BECAUSE FUCK FIRE TYPES​

There was once a metagame, a metagame that thrived off the tears of children and unshaven young adults caused by the sheer number of people running the same weather teams over and over and over again. This metagame was, many agreed, the worst in all the land. Politoed, a once cute, yet oft forgotten, Pokémon, saw the trends of the nearby metagame called "Ubers" and decided he would become as influential as the mighty Kyogre. So Politoed learned the ways of Drizzle and led an army of strong and powerful Pokémon to take over the metagame. Others like Ninetales, Tyranitar, and their retarded friend Abomasnow, tried to stop the tyrant Politoed, but to no avail. It seemed as though all was lost; nothing could stop the powerful rains that swept the lands. But then, seemingly out of nowhere a lone warrior came to bring power back to the people who didn't WANT to have to use weather to beat other players. A warrior with such amazing and formidable coverage, the mere mention of his name struck fear into the hearts of Pokémon like Tornadus-Therian and Ferrothorn. Yes, that Pokémon was none other than:

Wait, no. Fuck that guy. The real warrior was the mighty GENESECT

Unfortunately, there's a good chance that Genesect might be banished to the Ubers Tier before too long. Realizing that this was a very real possibility, about two weeks ago, I made a team centered around Rock Polish Genesect, which I had never really used before. Also, not to plug or anything, but Genesect should totally stay OU, just saying.

ANYWAY

There are certain problems that Genesect runs into no matter what set he runs, but specifically there are Pokémon that Rock Polish Genesect especially has problems with, namely (despite what the subtitle might lead you to believe): Fire types. So the main goal of this team was to facilitate a Genesect sweep by following a few steps:
1. Set up as many hazards as possible.

2. Eliminate Fire types.

3. Use hyper offensive Pokémon to apply pressure to the opponent, forcing them to weaken themselves by switching.

4. Sweep with Genesect.

5. PROFIT $$$

So that's what I set out to do. There were a few Pokémon I knew right off the bat I was going to try.

I knew that I wanted this core to start with:

Which is't really so much of a core as it is three Pokémon who work really, really well together but don't really cover each other's weaknesses at all. I knew that Deoxys-D was going to be really helpful on the team, as he is clearly the best hazards setter in OU right now, and I had assumed that Dugtrio would also be very helpful since I knew I was going to have problems with Fire types, and I know people often say that Dugtrio works really well against Genesect's counters. WHile that may be true, Dugtrio just wasn't working out for me. Not only did I actually run into a few Shed Shell Heatran (I have NEVER actually seen one! I thought they were just a myth!), but Volcarona+Spinner was still a huge problem, as were other things like Scarf Mence, Scarf Keldeo, Scarf Infernape...basically a lot of Scarfers gave me trouble. So I replaced Dugtrio with something a little faster which still filled a similar role.

So I replaced Dugtrio with Scarf Landorus, and I was pleased with the results. I could now revenge kill all Scarfed Base 100s and +1 Volcarona and Salamence. Next I figured some wall breaking would be nice, so I added a few of the best offensive Pokémon that also help me deal with certain threats.

So I added these guys to be the muscle of the team. Their main job is taking care of that "hyper offensive pressure" I was talking about before in step 3. They each help me deal with certain threats (rain, sun, Terrakion, Tornadus, etc.), which I will discuss later in more detail. And by later, I mean now.

Deoxys-D @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid

• Stealth Rock
• Spikes
Thunder Wave (Courtesy of Remedy, thanks!)
• Taunt

Deoxys-D is, as I said before, the best hazards setter in the game. Not only that, but he is probably the most important Pokémon on my team besides Genesect, as a Rock Polish Genesect sweep is a lot easier to pull of with Stealth Rocks and a few layers of Spikes. Taunt is used to prevent things from setting up in my face like Dragonite before I've gotten my rocks down, as well as preventing Baton pass teams right off the bat by taunting Ninjask. Of course, Deoxys-D is a suicide lead, which means that by the end of turn 4 or so, I am most likely down 5-6. No one likes being down right away, but it's worth the extra slot if I get those sweet sweet hazards up. I decided to keep Taunt instead of Magic Coat because stoping things from using any set up move is, I have found through testing, better for my team than knocking Taunts and hazards back. Thunder Wave was added and I haven't looked back since. I even crippled a Rock Polish Genesect as it tried to set up (YES!). Again, thanks to Remedy for that change.

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 64 HP/4 Def/252 SpA/188 Spe
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Mild

Earth Power
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ice
Rock Polish

So, as Gengarsnemisis and others suggested, I changed my Scarf Landorus into Sheer Force Rock Polish Landorus. I love this Pokémon to a degree that many of you may want to turn off your computer before I start describing all the wonderful things I want to do to him. But maybe instead I'll just talk about the set. This guy complements Genesect really well, being able to take out Heatran and other fire types like Ninetales. It also wrecks sun teams, which had previously given me some trouble, as Infernape was my only counter to them, and he is not exactly known for his defenses. Because he now lacks a Rock type move, Infernape is now my answer to Volcarona, which I like better because he can at least take a Fiery Dance if I predict wrong and Volcarona attacks instead of setting up. His Hidden Power Ice is also more powerful now, which means I have a better was to KO Dragon types. All in all a fantastic switch.

Latios @Choice Scarf
EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Levitate

Draco Meteor
• Psyshock
• Surf
• Thunderbolt

At first, this Latios was Specs, because I wanted the extra power, but faster Scarfed Pokémon like Terrakion and Keldeo were giving me touble, as was Alakazam, so I made this to revenge kill all of those guys. Not only that, but Latios also has Surf to deal with those stupid Fire Types that give me so much trouble. Thunderbolt used to be Trick, in order to cripple special walls (looking at you Jellicent) but I changed it to Thunderbolt in order to deal with Gyarados, which gives Genesect quite a hard time when he has Giga Drain over Thunder/Thunderbolt. Latios is one of two rain counters I have on this team, able to revenge things like Tornadus-T and Calm Mind/Scarf Keldeo, and also tanking Scalds all day, every day. But essentially latios does what he always does: kill everything as fast as he can. And he's damn good at it.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA/4 SpD/252 Spe
Ability: Justified

• Hydro Pump
• Secret Sword
• Hidden Power Ghost
• Calm Mind

OH MY GOD I HATE HYDRO PUMP

Anyway, Keldeo is my other answer to rain, as well as my main answer to things like Blissey and Chansey. At first I had Substitute and Calm Mind, but Jellicent and Latias walled him too hard; I had to go with HP Ghost. But Keldeo is still one of the best wall breakers in the game thanks to Secret Sword. Hydro Pump sucks, but without the extra power boost from rain, Surf just doesn't cut it. Keldeo is given 4 SpD EVs in order to give Genesect the Attack boost from Download so he doesn't kill my majestic pony with Thunder/Thunderbolt/Giga Drain.

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Jolly

• Flare Blitz
• Close Combat
U-Turn
• Stone Edge

Not really too much to say about Infernape. Most people say that He isn't good in this metagame, but I would respectfully disagree. i think that he has just enough offensive presence and speed to make him very effective. For me, Infernape is the closest thing to a sun team counter that I have. Venusaur (at least the ones I've run into on the ladder) don't seem to be able to kill it without Earthquake, and few run that anyway. Mach Punch also helps me deal with Terrakion and it's my only form of priority on my team (which is kind of a problem). Infernape is also able to revenge Genesect if I keep him at full health, since even Thunderbolt doesn't do too much damage to Infernape (he can survive ONE +1 Thunderbolt ok?), and he can KO back with Flare Blitz. Now that he's also my main scarf Pokémon, I use him to grab momentum and KO weak Psychics like Alakazam.

AND NOW THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR, THE GREATEST POKÉMON EVER TO GRACE THE OU TIER:

Wait, what? NO. Go home Electivire! You had your chance!

Genesect @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD/228 Spe
Ability: Download
Nature: Modest (subject to change)

• Flamethrower
• Ice Beam
• Giga Drain
• Rock Polish

This is the entire reason I made the team in the first place. I'm such a Genesect fangirl it hurts (yeah I'm a dude and a fangirl, what of it?). This set focuses on the fact that Genesect can't KO Fire types, so why even bother? I gave him Giga Drain to be able to KO Rotom-W as well as Gastrodon, who otherwise give him a whole lotta trouble. If I'm playing an offensive team, Genesect will be able to sweep late game so long as I keep him at full health. People say he isn't weak to priority, and he's not, but Breloom's Mach Punch hurst if I've been worn down by hazards, as does CB Dragonite's Extremespeed. Not much else can be said about Genesect that other people can't say better. He KO's a majority of the top 20 used Pokémon in OU and he is easily the most influential threat in the tier (besides you Politoed.) Added the extra bulk and I wouldn't change it at all. Besides having to be wary of what I can and can't outspeed, the added HP really helps. I can survive lots of things now that I couldn't before. Thanks to LilOuOn for the suggestion!

Listen, I know this isn't the best made RMT, especially since I accidentally hit the post thread button when I wasn't even close to being done, and I promise I will do more with it like include a threat list and and exportable and stuff tomorrow when I don't have two papers to write that I've put off to till the last minute. This is a relatively new team, so I'm open to whatever changes you guys suggest. I hope you guys enjoy the team, and I hope you Genesect while you can!

Threat List
Major Threats

I audibly groan every time I face a Latias. I think it's just because it's so fast and also has the SpD to survive a Dragon Pulse from my Latios and hit me almost as hard back. Psyshock variants can KO my Keldeo. HP Fire variants sometimes know when I'm not Scarf Genesect and stay in and KO with HP Fire. Usually, I just U-Turn with Landorus into Genesect and then KO with Ice Beam. Problem is, they usually switch out and thus my not-scarfed-ness is revealed, or they stay in and KO with HP Fire, which makes my chance of a Genesect sweep 0%.

Honestly, the only way I can deal with Venusaur is with Infernape, which just isn't reliable at all. Actually, that's not entirely true. A lot of times I run into Modest Venusaur and that means Latios can outspeed and KO with Psyshock. But Timid can absolutely kill my team if it gets a Growth boost.

Average Threats

Not specifically Forretress, but all spinners give me trouble. I don't have a spin blocker so my only option when it comes to Rapid Spinners is KILL THEM AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. Starmie gives me quite a bit of trouble, which is why I added him to the list of spinners. I just need a spin blocker, but I'm not sure what to get rid of/add.

Reuniclus is a pain in the ass. Especially the Trick Room kind. Nothing I have can OHKO it and if it sets up TR then I'm in for a sweeping. Not fun to deal with, but I don't know what to change to deal with it.

Scarf Genesect is easy enough to play around, but if RP Genesect is able to set up on me, well I just have to hope that Infernape can survive whatever coverage moves it has up its sleeves, which it usually can, but some people ACTUALLY run HP Water now. It's not usually a problem anyway, since every Pokémon on my team gives Genesect an Attack boost anyway.

Breloom isn't always a problem, really its just the Low Sweep Variants, because I have nothing that can switch into into it except Latios and still KO. This usually means that when I face one of these, something on my team is gonna die. Thankfully they're pretty rare, so I don't have to deal with it often.

Minor Threats

I've been screwed by Sash Alakazam more times than I care to admit. Ever had a spoon telekinetically shoved in your anus? It's not fun. Anyway, if Landorus is weakened or taken down, I don't have anything that can safely switch into Alakazam. He was a much bigger threat before I got Scarf Latios. Now I have two Pokémon that check him, but nothing that feels even remotely safe around this guy.

This guys is really only a problem because sometimes I psych myself out about what set it's running. If I think it's Scarfed, but it ends up being Dragon Dance and gets 2 up, that's pretty much GG. CEPT PSYCH BECAUSE NOW MY GENESECT CAN SURVIVE A +3 OUTRAGE FROM SALAMENCE 57% OF THE TIME AND KO WITH ICE BEAM! Thanks to LilOuOn for the slightly better added bulk!

This isn't really a threat, it's just, if it comes in on anything besides Latios locked into Dragon Pulse or Infernape, something is going to die. That's normal for HO teams, but it's annoying. The worst is when they sub up on my Deoxys-D and then I have to deal with a SUB Kyu-B. Not fun.

Importable (I mean, if you want to)
Deoxys-Defense @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 24 HP / 228 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain
- Rock Polish

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 188 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 64 HP
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Thunderbolt

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Calm Mind

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hey man! Nice team you have here! However, i would recommend only few things....

First of all, use Magic Coat > Taunt, this works with other pokes faster than you (kaboom mew for example) that try to taunt you, set rocks and then explode :[

Second, use Rocky Helmet > Leftovers because, usually the attacks going to deo-d are physical, so getting that 13% of damage without doing nothing is something that your HO team would like. Also that helps the sweep of your pokes, slowly decreasing opponent's pokemon's hp.

And last but not least, change the evs spread of Genesect.
Here im giving you the set that is made to outspeed all relevant threats once you get the RP and gives gene more bulk.

Genesect set:
Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 228 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Hope i helped! :]

~LilOu

Thanks, I'll test out those changes for Deoxys and get back to you! As for the changes in the EV spread, it sounds great, but is there anything specific that the 24 HP EVs help you survive, or is it just added bulk for added bulk's sake and making sure I'm not wasting Speed EVs that I don't need?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Well, generally, you dont need those speed EVs, so they are just there for nothing (once you used RP), so they are added to the hp stat to have that extra bulk that you always need.

I REPEAT, YOU DONT NEED THOSE 24 EVS IN SPEED.

Cool team, I love rock polish genesect, he's absolutely amazing if you can get that sp attack boost up.
I see a big problem in your team though.
You said your number 1 goal was to get hazards up, but you have no means of spin blocking on this team. So it kinda makes Deoxys-D feel all for not. it's kinda hard to find one on this team that is a perfect fit, but one that comes to mind is Chandelure with hp ground/fighting. His synergy with Genesect is amazing. I'd consider dropping Infernape for one of the chandelure sub sets. You can switch into a spin and set up substitute easily.

Have you considered RP landorus? Double rock polish sweepers is scarey as hell, and these two feed of eachother (genesect setting up on ice attack for example).

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 68 Hp / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Rock Polish
If you do make this change I reccomend choice scarf infernape over you current set, you can keep your current set or add u-turn if you wish. Hope I helped! Anways great team and I loved the story and electrivire (LOL) luvdisc'd!
Oh and btw I use flame charge heatran XD

Cool team, I love rock polish genesect, he's absolutely amazing if you can get that sp attack boost up.
I see a big problem in your team though.
You said your number 1 goal was to get hazards up, but you have no means of spin blocking on this team. So it kinda makes Deoxys-D feel all for not. it's kinda hard to find one on this team that is a perfect fit, but one that comes to mind is Chandelure with hp ground/fighting. His synergy with Genesect is amazing. I'd consider dropping Infernape for one of the chandelure sub sets. You can switch into a spin and set up substitute easily.
Have you considered RP landorus? Double rock polish sweepers is scarey as hell, and these two feed of eachother (genesect setting up on ice attack for example).

Landorus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 68 Hp / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
- Rock Polish
If you do make this change I reccomend choice scarf infernape over you current set, you can keep your current set or add u-turn if you wish. Hope I helped! Anways great team and I loved the story and electrivire (LOL) luvdisc'd!
I'm hesitant to replace either Infernape or Landorus because I don't want to be too much on the special side, but I agree with both of your sentiments. I LOVE Rock Polish Landorus so I might try that. I will also try a few battles with a spin blocking Chandelure becaue you're right, I do need a spin blocker really badly. Thanks for the rates!

First of all, I laughed so hard at the Electivire thing, very nice presentation! As for your team, I would keep Taunt on Deoxys-D since with it you can stop some of the slower walls like Blissey from doing annoying things like T-Wave/Toxic/Stealth Rock. I agree with Gengarsnemisis, you should use Rock Polish Landorus. I've used the two together and they have really good synergy. But if you do take his advice and use Scarf Infernape, you should give him U-Turn over Mach Punch. That way you can still (sort of) deal with Alakazam. Good team though! Luvdisc'd!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi,

it's sure well presented, but I'm afraid that the team in itself is pretty weak.
First you build your team around Genesect but there is nothing to easier his sweep.

Moreover it's pretty funny to see that you can be swept cleanly by a Rain version of Genesect with Thunder if he comes on Deoxys-D.
Let's say they start Politoed, you SR, they switch to Genesect. You lost.

For this matter you could at least change Night Shade for Thunder-Wave. This would be the minimal change. A Deoxys-D in a HO will not have 4 turns to set every hazards, then get damage with Night Shade... I rather use Magic Coat/Thunder Wave on the atacking slot.

I tried to arrange stuff I say, because this was pretty long and ugly to read.

Draco Meteor :
Dragon Pulse on a Scarf set for Latios is not good most of the time. 2 Draco Meteor in a row do as much as 2 Dragon Pulse. So why would you bother, since your Latios will not stay in. He's your revenge killer, will get stuck into a move, and anyway every decent team got an answer to this pokemon. You better try to get the more damage you can on the check they switch to.

Starmie :
You are also pretty weak to any offensive version of Starmie, especially the Scarf version that deal a nice amount of damage to any of your pokemons. I'd say that against an opposite Deoxys-D HO who usually goes Deoxys-D (Magic Coat), Gengar, Starmie, Genesect you'll have a lot of issues.

Rain :
You'll also struggle against the classic Rain teams. Tornadus-T kills half your team (well, no big deal), Landorus is killed by the Rain abuser (let's say scarf Keldeo or anything spamming water moves). Only left your Latios, who can't do much against Ferrothorn at all. Basically they just have to switch in a sweeper, start the sweep and switch to Ferrothorn when you attempt to revenge kill.
Jirachi can repeat this scheme instead of Ferrothorn.

Scarfers' choice :
It's also pretty annoying that both your scarf have a common weakness. I mean, once again, it can seem to be no big deal, but this common weakness is Ice. And Ice means Ice shard. To sum up, your two speed houses are killed by the same priority.

Sun :
You will also struggle against Sun teams. Not only Heatran can wall Latios and Genesect but your team is not really strong enough to take their hits.
Your resistances to Grass and Fire are Infernape and Latios. Infernape is damn weak (especially given SR neutrality and LO) and by no mean a decent switch in. Latios is bulkier, but once against, the enemy just has to switch to Heatran and hit whatever you switch in pretty damn hard (for instance Magma Storm under Sun by a Timid Air Balloon 252SpA Heatran does 70% to Infernape, 50% to Keldeo and 0HKO Landorus and as he will have easy time coming in, you'll get beaten fast after some switching).
Keldeo will see his offensive power reduced to Secret Sword, being a pretty easy set-up bait.

Basically my issue is that your weapons to fight the weathers are too weak. You have no weather, but it doesn't mean that you enemy won't have one and to me you're beaten by any generic Rain or Sun team.

Sand :
And against Sand it's maybe worse. Hippowdon walls Infernape and Landorus damn hard (yes HP Ice is not enough, and you will get stuck in a move you don't want to spam), and let's say Rotom-W (once of the most classic Water resistance in a Sand team), can Wall both Keldeo and Latios.
Of course you got Genesect, but as you said it's the biggest threat in OU currently, I doubt that any decent player will leave his team free to be swept by him since you prepare nothing.

Being walled by two pokemons in any team is seriously no good for a HO. Not even saying that you got no Spin Blocker which cripples a lot your team. You switch a spin blocker for a sweeper, but your sweeping power is still not strong enough.

Priority :
Another thing bothering me is the lack of strong priority (yes you got Infernape, but bar Terrakion, really weakened Genesect, it doesn't have enough coverage or power to do the whole job like a Technician Breloom). This is not a "MUST HAVE" but in an HO team... it's seriously pretty much needed most of the time. You got two scarf, but switching them in and out for the revenge killing costs you turns. You could kill faster threats by Ice Sharding them, or Bullet Punching them, and you will lose no turn in theory after.

Team synergy :
Rock Polish Genesect fits better in a HO built around a sweeping chain (basically you sacrify a sweeper to open a hole/get a turn of set-up, to sweep).
To illustrate what I mean, consider the combo Dragonite DD and Genesect.
Well let's say Deoxys-D did his job with taunt, and you put enough pressure to not let your enemy set SR.
You got a free turn of set-up with Dragonite to DD thanks to MultiScale, and now you Outrage stuff.
What can kill you? A scarfed Ice move, or a Scarfed Dragon move probably.
=> Genesect comes after and set-up on any of them since they are stuck (there is Ice Shard, but Genesect full HP can set up on Mamoswine and 0HKO with SR thanks to Giga Drain).
This is a classic strategy, and here you build no "combination" to make your sweeping chain effective. You even slow down the tempo by overloading your HO with scarf pokemons.
Basically I'd prefer 1 scarf + flexible revenge killer with priority than 2 scarf.
Moreover these scarfs make the spinning really easier since any Forretress can come on Landorus and spin, or on Latios (once they see no HP fire).

Magic Bounce :
And you got no way to deal with Magic Bouncers, they switch in everytime they see Deoxys-D and can even set things like screens that will screw you pretty hard.

Yes I criticized alot, I could go on (I mean why change stuff if you don't see the reason why), but I think it's time to start helping with changes :

- Deoxys-D : Thunder Wave somewhere, at least untill you can have a go-to-go answer to Genesect. When you will have this Genesect answer, you'll be able to swap it for Magic Coat in my opinion.

- You'd need a Pursuiter maybe. For these magic bouncers that TERRIBLY screw any not prepared Deoxys-D team. I'd say, go Tyranitar over Landorus. A CB Tyranitar forms a great partner with Keldeo.

- But Tyranitar is "easily" walled by a lot of annoying stuff. Basically you need some Ice coverage. That's why I would go Mamoswine over Infernape. A LO set (there is a thread currently on Mamoswine, go cast a glance on it).

- And now basically I'd change Latios to Dragonite (to have a nice offensive core with Genesect, now you could cast a glance on the famous The Art Of Peer pressure that you already know probably... or on my own team :> ). This also patch almost any weakness to Sun teams, as Dragonite handle them quite well. You need to have Outrage and Dragon Dance obviously, you can mix FirePunch/Xspeed/EQ for the last two slots.

- And (yes that's a lot of changes, sorry, I usually try to limit these but...) I feel like moving Keldeo to Scarf. He does so much with this version against Rain teams, in my opinion it should be the way to go to scarf him, excepted for special cases.

These changes fix pretty much any of your threats by the way.

I hope I helped, the team (you should check it, and you should check also the Art of Peer Pressure team) I made lastly was not similar, but had some common points. That's why I'm pretty confident about the stuff I advise you since I laddered quite a lot with a similar team pattern.
You still have no way to Spin Block, so well, you will need to rely on your ability to put a non-stop pressure.

tl;dr changes :

=> TWave>NightShade

@
>

@
>

@
>

=>

EDIT : Yes, sorry for being a little rough, these changes are what I'd have done, basically you don't have to follow them at the foot of the letter. Being skeptical about the changes people tell you is logical and necessary for a healthy RMT process in my opinion.
Especially when they are so many changes. I stated what I think is weak, it's up to you to find other ways to solve it, the changes I proposed aren't undebatable and unique.
You caught people's attention and received some luvidisc, this means you have some potential in here anyway.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
You said that you didn't want to replace scarf on landorus, but a rock polish lando is a great secondary check to sun if you wanted to keep latios healthy. I would recommend the set as it has more power than the scarf one, and generally poses as a much bigger threat, albeit not being able to net a few surprise uturn kills. An opposing rock polish genesect can clean sweep you as is, and your only check is the life-orbed, hazard-prone, frail-as-glass infernape. To top it off genesect sets up freely on 4 out of your 6 mons, which is astonishingly easy. To remedy that I would recommend something like band tar (a set Remedy had already suggested) over your infenape to break walls. It lives an hit and ohkos gene back, and also poses as a bigger threat than nape half the time. Good luck with the team!

@Remedy

Wow, well, other than my self confidence in teambuilding being shot down in a fiery ball of disappointment, you make extremely solid (and very well presented) points. The part about having two scarfers killing my momentum is actually really true, and I feel afraid to use anything BUT U-Turn on Landorus for fear of losing all my momentum. I don't really like the idea of changing half my team members, BUT I said I was open to any changes, and it's still a relatively new team so I can live with it. Your changes seem awesome, by the way, so I'll test them out either tonight or tomorrow.

I haven't gotten a chance to test out RP Landorus yet, but that's next on my list with the addition of Scarf Infernape or maybe Keldeo. After that I will specifically test out Banded Tyranitar over Infernape as suggested by CTC, because it really does help with my huge Psychic problem.

Thank you all for the advice, I'll be sure to test it out and get back to you!

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow I had so much fun using this team today! Genesect for me at least, will greatly be missed. I....HATE RAIN! Seeing Genesect go will most likely cause Rain to be the king of OU, AKA Politoad having close to 25% usage. Genesect was the cherry on top of my last RMT team that acted as more of a Terrakion, Dragon, and Reuniclus check with it's amazing mixed capabilities. It sucks that this thing is just so versatile, because versatility and usage really threw Gene under the bus. *Sigh*.... well off to the drawing bored again! Anyways, great team, keep up the good work! Electivire thing made me lol :D

Just wondering if maybe Iron Fist would be better on Infernape for the Mach Punch boost? 20% isn't a lot but it's more reliable than Blaze generally is, and Blaze is only going to boost Flare Blitz, which given the recoil, is rather counterproductive at low HP, since it'll only hasten Infernape's death.

Just wondering if maybe Iron Fist would be better on Infernape for the Mach Punch boost? 20% isn't a lot but it's more reliable than Blaze generally is, and Blaze is only going to boost Flare Blitz, which given the recoil, is rather counterproductive at low HP, since it'll only hasten Infernape's death.
Um...yeah...absolutely. To tell the truth, I just didn't know Iron Fist had come out yet haha. With Iron Fist, would it be better for me to run Fire Punch? It's not as strong, but 90 Base Power is not too shabby, and there's no recoil from it either. But yes, I'll change his ability to Iron Fist!

EDIT: Also, I've made some major changes to the team, I took Gengarsnemis's advice and have replaced Scarf Landorus with RP Landorus and I have gotten great results. I also changed Infernape to Scarf and gave him U-Turn over Mach Punch, and he's been working out well too. I think right now the alt I'm using to test is at like 14-2, so it's working out quite nicely, thanks! Keep the rates coming!

EDIT2: Also, thank you very much Gary2346! I'm glad you enjoyed playing with the team! I too am not looking forward to the impending Genesect ban, but I'm sure as hell going to use him as much as I can until then!

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
With Thunder Wave Deoxys-D, I feel like Mental Herb would be the best item. You can't really capitalize on Thunder Wave with Rocky Helmet. If Terrakion or Azelf tries to taunt you, you can Thunder Wave and then Taunt them.

Additionally, you kept the naive nature on Special Lando when it should be running Modest/Timid; I don't think you made the nature change lol. When you often use Rock Polish the power from Modest will definitely help but Timid is great if you want to KO stuff like Rachi, Volcarona, Gene etc. It really depends on your playstyle.

Lastly, with Latios and RP Landorus, your matchup against sun is pretty good. Infernape is really not necessary and it's still a glass cannon. Because of that I feel like infernape doesn't really have a niche on the team and could be replaced.

Opposing Deo-D teams (esp ones with Dnite) could potentially be troubling for you so I suggest you use a Mamoswine on your team over Ape. Mamoswine is trouble for offensive teams as anything that switches in to it is 2hko'd. It's a check to Tornadus, latios, and dnite without relying on your latios itself. You don't want to use your Latios all the time to revenge stuff especially when it can be set up on after it uses Draco.

With Thunder Wave Deoxys-D, I feel like Mental Herb would be the best item. You can't really capitalize on Thunder Wave with Rocky Helmet. If Terrakion or Azelf tries to taunt you, you can Thunder Wave and then Taunt them.

Additionally, you kept the naive nature on Special Lando when it should be running Modest/Timid; I don't think you made the nature change lol. When you often use Rock Polish the power from Modest will definitely help but Timid is great if you want to KO stuff like Rachi, Volcarona, Gene etc. It really depends on your playstyle.

Lastly, with Latios and RP Landorus, your matchup against sun is pretty good. Infernape is really not necessary and it's still a glass cannon. Because of that I feel like infernape doesn't really have a niche on the team and could be replaced.

Opposing Deo-D teams (esp ones with Dnite) could potentially be troubling for you so I suggest you use a Mamoswine on your team over Ape. Mamoswine is trouble for offensive teams as anything that switches in to it is 2hko'd. It's a check to Tornadus, latios, and dnite without relying on your latios itself. You don't want to use your Latios all the time to revenge stuff especially when it can be set up on after it uses Draco.
Actually, the nature I'm using on Landorus is Mild so that Genesect will get an Attack boost if it comes in on Landorus. Even so, the Nature in the OP was wrong lol. If you think Modest would be more beneficial though, I don't see why not try it. As for Mamoswine, that sounds really good actually, I'll test it out! Thanks for the rate!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'll try Mental Herb too!

Yep, I guess he's banned now. Anyway, this team was really good, guys. I'm not saying it was at a super high level of play or anything, but I had a lot of fun making it, this Rate My Team, and playing with it on the ladder. Also, I would just like to point out that I tested all of Remedy's changes and they were also really effective. It was a great team and I'm really gonna miss being able to use it. But thanks for all of your help guys, it was a blast!

lol, genesect was banned literally 28 hours after this RMT was posted. Guess OP was right when he said to genesect while you could. Nice team btw, admiral.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)