Shark Attack! (BW2 OU Rain team by LucaroarkZ and Bestow5000)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Shark Attack!

BW2 OU Rain team by LucaroarkZ and Bestow5000​

EDIT: Ok so yeah Genesect got banned literally an hour after I posted this... Guess I'm gonna be looking for a replacement!

My comments are in purple. Bestow5000's are in red.

So, yeah. A rain team. Until recently, I didn't think I'd be using one of these. But, once upon a time in a Skype chat, Bestow5000 and I were discussing underrated Pokemon. One of the ones I brought up was Zoroark (surprised?), and he brought up Sharpedo. Now, I knew Sharpedo had the potential to be a threat, but I had never used it before. So, I thought of how a Politoed + Sharpedo + Magnezone core would work out for the team. Then, he followed up by suggesting GeneTrio for the team, because GeneTrio makes 110% of teams better. Then, finally, he suggested Latias to cover Techniloom, who would be deadly without even one resist. Then, I picked sets for the Pokemon and tested the team out, and hot damn, I was legitimately amazed by how well the team worked. I had never made any particularly good Rain teams before, so this was a very amazing experience.

You heard what he said? Yep. Somehow I felt that Sharpedo still has the unseen potential under the rain, so I decide "Let's throw in a Sharpedo and suggest it to him because I used him many times before in the past!". And here is it. Along with the infamous GeneTrio combo, and Latias as the only coverage to Fighting-Types. But enough of that, you'll need to scroll down to take a look at the team in order to know how each of them function.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Perish Song

Picking Choice Scarf Politoed was pretty simple for me. Just looking at the combination of the six Pokemon, I could tell that this was a no-nonsense offensive team, so I felt that defensive Politoed would slow the team down too much. ScarfToed is pretty cool, outspeeding Tornadus-T is awesome. Additionally, this gives the team a back-up to Adamant DDNite in case Genesect goes down. Although it primarily holds an offensive role on this team, Politoed is still a fantastic user of Perish Song. Need to cripple Baton Pass teams without Mr. Mime? Politoed. SubCM Jirachi being a little bitch? It's not staying in for long if it's under the effects of Perish Song.

While Politeod can be a devastating offensive attacker, he can also provide another backup, and that is him taking certain few moves in order to save your teammates and counter-attack with a very powerful Hydro Pump. If a Pokemon decide to switch out to take a move, it'll sure be a Pokemon that one of your teammates can handle well and switch in safely. One Hydro Pump is capable of 2HKO'ing a Pokemon or even OHKO. This Politeod means business.

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Yeah, Sharpedo's just amazing. This was my first time using it as I said in the intro, and it's awesome. With enough Speed Boosts under its belt, priority is pretty much the only way you're eliminating this thing late-game. Waterfall in the rain is absolutely powerful, especially in conjunction with Life Orb. Of course, Waterfall doesn't hit everything you need it to. So, to cover Jellicent, you gotta have Crunch, and Ice Fang helps against stuff like Salamence.

So why did I suggest Sharpedo? Is it because of the JAWS movie? Nah. Anyway, I used to run Sharpedo under the rain 2 years ago, and I can agree that he is by far the best late-game sweeper under the rain. There is absolutely no doubt about it. Sharpedo is much like a Speed Boosting Blaziken, but except he's slightly weaker and has no boosting moves. But who cares? Because with the combination of Ice Fang and Crunch along with a rain boosted Waterfall and Life Orb, this guy can tear through just about almost anything in sight. You know the purpose of Protect, so I do not have to explain that. All Sharpedo needs is any of his counters to be cleaned up if you can, then Sharpedo can say hello to victory.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

As a Pokemon, Magnezone is pretty average, in my opinion. It traps Steels, and that's pretty much it. However, on this team, trapping Steels is a pretty big deal, for one main reason: That motherfucking Spikeball named Ferrothorn. Thing's fucking annoying to face with a Rain team in my opinion, so solution's simple: Chuck a SpecsZone on the team and call it a day. Even with the Rain taken into account, HP Fire still 2HKOes Ferrothorn, so nothing to worry about there. Additionally, it helps to beat Scizors and shit, because Sharpedo doesn't even like resisted priority. Otherwise, it just hits really hard with Specs Thunder, and that's pretty awesome in its own right.

That's true with what he said. It also takes on Jirachi that well because that annoying thing just needs to be 2HKO'd to die and before that thing can die, she'll just do something like crippling your main star and sweeper of the team. Magnezone can also serve as a decent powerhouse to dish out a large amount of damage. Like Sharpedo, he is capable of 2HKO'ing or OHKO'ing anything that isn't Thundurus or a specially defensive Ferrothorn under the rain, and maybe even other electric Pokes and such.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Anyway, as much as I hate suggesting this, I really am. GeneTrio! I just wonder who loves that annoying combination? HOHOHO, only the users does! Ahem, anyway, as I was saying, as much as I hate suggesting that combo, I just randomly did. I really did not know why I did in the first place, but I just did. And it seem to actually worked pretty well than I expected. Genesect can provide you with your U-Turning shenanigans, and then hit other Pokes hard, and stuff. Really, though, I do not know much about Genesect since I rarely use it. So, you'll take the spotlight for this one, Ryuu.

Alright. Anyway, enter Genesect, A.K.A. the robotic Kabutops. Thing's pretty much taken the OU metagame over. What can I say? It's amazing. U-turning shenanigans, yeah, keep your Special walls in to tank those! Dragonite ain't got nothing on this badass motherfucker. It's so amazing people want to ban it! Ok, back on topic, Genesect is pretty simple: Get a certain Download boost, hit shit hard, sit back, relax, and enjoy some music while you watch everything DIE. Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit, but seriously, this thing covers so much crap; Lati@s, Haxorus, Hydreigon, and pretty much any Psychic-type. If I went down the whole list, I'd be 40 years old by the time I'm done naming everything.

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento

Next up, Dugtrio. Part of the combination, and the best thing about this little three headed guy that we do not know how his body looks like, is one of the more effective Pokes. Especially if you're planning to kill a weather starter quickly to instantly win the weather war. Other than that, he's just there to be brought in once your Genesect U-Turn on something that can take his hits, and then you'll have to switch advantage into Dugtrio for the finishing blow. Sweet, eh? Stealth Rocks is standard and so as the obvious Earthquake and Reversal. Also, Memento over Sucker Punch and I don't know why, so Ryuu, you're up next to explain the rest.

Ah, yes. I run Memento over moves like Sucker Punch and Stone Edge for a few simple reasons. First, Rock Polish Special Landorus is annoying as hell and should die. Second, DDMence is annoying as hell because Genesect is my fastest scarfer and can go die. Third, Volcarona can go die. Don't like those damn things, they get on my nerves. Plus, Memento comes in handy to cripple something once Dugtrio's done its job, which it does incredibly well. Tyranitars? Well, it's pretty much as simple as getting Dugtrio in before Stealth Rocks go up. Ninetales? Well, not like Ninetales has anything on Dugtrio or anything. Pretty much all I can't cover with Dugtrio are Hippowdon and Abomasnow; Hippowdon's weak to a bunch of crap on this team while it's not like Abomasnow likes facing Genesect.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

Latias is really cool. Has some decent bulk, resists everything from Techniloom, kills Terrakions, etc. While having Latias as the only Fighting resist seems to be hurtful, it's been a non-issue to me since Latias seems to never ever die. Anyway, this is the best team I've used LO Latias on by far because more often than not things like Tyranitar and Scizor are out of play before I have Latias doing anything big. Other than checking Technilooms and stuff, it still hits like a truck, I mean, Draco Meteor is Draco Meteor.

Originally, I suggested Latias to take fighting hits and I thought he would think I mean the typical Calm Mind set, but he used a weird offensive Life Orb set which boggles my mind for a while. But I can tell you that Latias with Life Orb is no joke. I mean, DAAAMN it just 2HKO (once again) or OHKO (once again) almost anything in sight. Sure, because it's an offensive Latias means she'll be less bulkier, but the upside is that she is a strong offensive Poke. And I got to admit, she is way better than Latios. Like, seriously, I am not even lying. Latias still has the natural bulk to take hits, so it's all fine and dandy and good. Recovery also helps to heal up to maintain her offensive momentum.

---

So, yeah. Just a Rain team with Sharpedo that Bestow5000 and I worked on. Hope you enjoyed this RMT and any advice is greatly appreciated!

And that is all now so happy something, everyone. I'll be replying to your posts on my own Smogon account on this thread later when I find the time.

Importable:

Code:
Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Perish Song

Sharpedo (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover

Hey LucaroarkZ i got your request and nice team LucaroarkZ and Bestow5000!

Looking at your team it just seems to me that Dugtrio is quite out of place. Sure it helps your team trap and beat Tyranitar and Ninetales but Genesect already does good against Tyranitar and Latias does good against sun teams as well as Choice Scarf Politoed who can revenge kill pokemon like Venesaur outpseeding them and beating them with Ice Beam. Not to mention your teams boosted Water-type moves will make Tyranitar and Ninetales reluctant to switch in. With no Rapid Spin user Dugtrio will often get its Focus Sash broken by hazards limiting its potential by not letting it abuse max power Reversals or letting Dugtrio die before he can dish out damage. Your team would also appreciate a Rapid Spin user in general because seeing as your teams goal is to sweep with Sharpedo you will want hazards of the field because Sharpedos low bulk combined with Life Orb reciol and hazard damage will often make him to weak to preform a sweep. Politoed also gets worn out by hazards quickly seeing as it has no recovery and has to constantly switch in to change weather or revenge kill a pokemon.

To help give your team a good Rapid Spin user i suggest Donphan>Dugtrio Donphan provides your team with some nice defensive back bone and the move Rapid Spin so you can keep your pokemon healthy particularily Politoed and Sharpedo who will get worn down by hazards quickly. Donphan also carries Stealth Rock like Dugtrio and has the same Ground-type so the loss of Dugtrio isn't to bad. As i mentioned in the opening paragraph Dugtrio seems sort of out of place in this team anyway seeing as it doesn't have to much problems with other weathers, you lack a rapid spinner to abuse Dugtrios Focus Sash and Genesect just got banned so you can't make the GeneDuggy core. Donphan can also revenge kill out of hand Dragon-types like Dragonite and Salamence with Ice Shard.

With Genesect banned you need a replacement and preferably a Choice Scarf pokemon to act as a revenge killer. I suggest Choice Scarf Salamence>Genesect Salamence is a great revenge killer in Genesects place having high speed and Moxie to boot. Your team can really abuse Salamence to its fullest if you decide to go with Donphan so you can provide Salamence with some Rapid Spin support. Salamence is also a great late game cleaner with Moxie and Outrage and synergises well with your team resisting the Grass-type moves your team hates while his three weaknesses are resisted by Magnezone (Rock, Dragon, Ice). Seeing as you are running a rain team you can use Hydro Pump on Salamence as apposed to Fire Blast so you can smash Gliscor and Hippowdon switch ins. If you feel that without Genesect you are more weak to Tyranitar you can also use Brick Break in that spot. If you are using Brick Break over Hydro Pump or Fire Blast be sure to use a Jolly nature.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Donphan @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Impish | 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Earthqauke | Ice Shard

Salamence @ Choice Scarf | Moxie
Naive | 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Outrage | Dragon Claw | Earthqauke | Fire Blast

Tl;dr

Donphan--->Dugtrio

Salamence--->Genesect

~Superpowerdude

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so got about an hour before school, I'm gonna reply to stuff.

Dugtrio's been ok with Genesect (I used it by sending it out before Rocks went up), but with Genesect gone, I'm really unsure about how Dugtrio would work out, except maybe to trap Tyranitars to make Latias's life easier. I haven't actually used Donphan much, but of the few times I used it, it worked pretty well. I'll probably end up investing in a little more Attack to get Ice Shard to hit just a bit harder.

Now, Scarf Salamence. The way I see it right now, this is just going to help a lot. It would help a lot with Volcarona (who runs HP Rock Volcarona again? Nobody, right?), though I'll probably end up trying Aqua Tail > Fire Blast or Hydro Pump to hit Volcarona a little harder without sacrificing too much coverage. I'll try Hydro Pump if that doesn't work out well since Hydro Pump hits Skarmory and Forretress harder than Fire Blast in the rain, but I do have Magnezone for those pesky Steels.

Thanks! I'll get to testing these ASAP.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. Got your request. Nice team. Anyways, now that Genesect is banned, I'd really like you to use ScarfChomp or ScarfMence (preferably the former) in its place. Both dragons work well with Magnezone, provide wonderful Dragon STAB, incredible revenge killing capabilities courtesy of their great Speed stats, and incredible physical strength, but they both have their fair share of advantages and disadvantages. The former boasts a resistance to Stealth Rock, Rough Skin, and good bulk, allowing it to take on Terrakion for the rest of your team members. Garchomp's SR resistance also reduces your need for a spinner, allowing you to replace Dugtrio with something that can take on Tornadus-T a little more easily, taking some stress off Politoed and Latias to keep it down. However, this comes at the cost of a slightly more restrictive movepool and relative disability to run a mixed Scarf set. Meanwhile, if you choose to go with Salamence, you get a powerful late-game sweeper that boasts an immunity to Ground-type moves, as well as a more expansive movepool. Salamence also boasts a Fighting and Grass resistance, allowing it to take on Breloom, which can be problematic if Latias goes down prematurely. However, it burdens your team slightly by forcing you to run a Rapid Spinner over Dugtrio to keep its SR weakness at bay, depriving your team of a member that could serve another function.

If you do end up going with Garchomp, then you have another slot freed up for a member that can take on Tornadus-T. I'd recommend using Specially Defensive Jirachi over Dugtrio. This not only gives you something that can take on Tornadus-T, but also a Stealth Rock and paralysis inducer, Wish supporter, momentum grabber (thanks to U-turn), and Dragon resist, taking quite a bit of pressure off Magnezone. The Wish support also helps keep the rest of your team alive for longer periods of time.

You'll need a Rapid Spinner if you want to use Salamence, and I feel that Physically Defensive Forretress is the best spinner for your team. It packs a resistance to Dragon-type moves, and can take on dragons that threaten your team with ease. It also gives your team the perenially-valuable Stealth Rock and a means of securing momentum with Volt Switch. Don't get me wrong, Donphan is good, but I feel that it opens up more holes for your team than it closes.

A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage | Earthquake | Aqua Tail | Dual Chop

Outrage | Earthquake | Aqua Tail | Dragon Claw

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Careful | 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Iron Head | Body Slam | Wish | Stealth Rock

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Bold | 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD | 2 Spe
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Hidden Power

Nitpicks:
  • Genesect ----> Garchomp or Salamence
  • Dugtrio ----> Jirachi or Forretress

Sorry for the briefness of this rate. It was hard finding ways to improve this team, since it was already very solid. Good luck. Luvdisc'd, and also...
DOUBLE SHARK ATTACK YES

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey LucaroarkZ, nice team!

First of all I agree with Superpowerdude's suggestions, I really think an extra fighting resist in Salamence, who also resists the secondary STAB of common fighting types (Breloom's Bullet Seed, Keldeo's Hydro pump etc) will be beneficial for the team, especially considering Latias is trapped by Tyranitar, a common partner for the likes of Keldeo and Breloom. However, with Genesect gone you are now much weaker to Lati@s (physical dragons really aren't that more threatening than they previously were due to the addition of Donphan, and they're often some sort of dancing variant, so they lack the immediate threat level that Lati@s carries.) They can both come in on Politoed locked into Surf / Hydro Pump / Perish Song, Donphan, and Salamence locked into Fire Blast / Earthquake. They can then fire off their devastatingly powerful Draco Meteor's, your only steel-type is Magnezone, a steel-type that lacks good Special bulk and HP, and has no bulk investment. Needless to say, your Magnezone is far from a reliable Lati@s switch-in, and Lati@s can just hit-and-run your team, essentially taking out a mon everytime they come in. To help remedy this situation, I suggest running a spread of: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe and a Modest nature over your current spread and Timid nature on Magnezone. This spread provides the absolute minimum speed needed to outspeed standard Skarmory while giving you as much bulk as possible to take on Lati@s. This spread guarentees surviving a Draco Meteor and a -2 Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios after Stealth Rock, it also gives you a very good chance of surviving a Draco Meteor and a -2 Draco Meteor from even a Choice Specs Latios. This isn't the most reliable solution in the world, but if you do manage to survive 2 Draco Meteor's then you can either Flash Cannon if they're in KO range, or if they aren't in KO range, you can Volt Switch out to something that forces them out and save Magnezone as death fodder. With Magnezone as death fodder, you can sac it the next time Lati@s comes out, meaning the first 2 times they come in only one pokemon dies and the rest don't have a scratch on them. The Modest nature also guarentees the 2HKO on standard Ferrothorn if they lack protect, and overall gives you some nice extra power behind your attacks.

This next suggestion is more of a preference thing, but I suggest trying out Zen Headbutt over Ice Fang on Sharpedo. The main appeal of Zen Headbutt is Keldeo, it's probably the single most common revenge killer at the moment, and you currently can't even 2HKO with your rain boosted Waterfall. But Zen Headbutt has a very high chance of OHKOing after Stealth Rock, and still a decent chance without Stealth Rock, and that's without factoring in the flinch chance, preventing Keldeo from ruining your sweep. Alot of dragons are going to be either trying to sweep you or put as big of a hole in your team as possible, all the dragons that give Sharpedo trouble are weak to Stealth Rock and your team handles most dragons relatively well, so they're often dead and gone by the time you bring out Sharpedo for a late game sweep. Even if they aren't, Zen Headbutt has an incredibly high chance to OHKO Salamence after 2 switch-ins to Stealth Rock, making Ice Fang quite redundant at times.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

Hey there! nice team you've got here.
Since Genesect has been banned your team requires a substitute now.
Though, I would like to propose a different route.
Have you considered Scarf Jirachi? He can also protect you against psychic type like Latios, Latias and Alakazam, while still keeping momentum with U-turn, and making easier dugtrio's job.
Set:
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Hope it helped, good luck!

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey. Got your request. Nice team. Anyways, now that Genesect is banned, I'd really like you to use ScarfChomp or ScarfMence (preferably the former) in its place. Both dragons work well with Magnezone, provide wonderful Dragon STAB, incredible revenge killing capabilities courtesy of their great Speed stats, and incredible physical strength, but they both have their fair share of advantages and disadvantages. The former boasts a resistance to Stealth Rock, Rough Skin, and good bulk, allowing it to take on Terrakion for the rest of your team members. Garchomp's SR resistance also reduces your need for a spinner, allowing you to replace Dugtrio with something that can take on Tornadus-T a little more easily, taking some stress off Politoed and Latias to keep it down. However, this comes at the cost of a slightly more restrictive movepool and relative disability to run a mixed Scarf set. Meanwhile, if you choose to go with Salamence, you get a powerful late-game sweeper that boasts an immunity to Ground-type moves, as well as a more expansive movepool. Salamence also boasts a Fighting and Grass resistance, allowing it to take on Breloom, which can be problematic if Latias goes down prematurely. However, it burdens your team slightly by forcing you to run a Rapid Spinner over Dugtrio to keep its SR weakness at bay, depriving your team of a member that could serve another function.

If you do end up going with Garchomp, then you have another slot freed up for a member that can take on Tornadus-T. I'd recommend using Specially Defensive Jirachi over Dugtrio. This not only gives you something that can take on Tornadus-T, but also a Stealth Rock and paralysis inducer, Wish supporter, momentum grabber (thanks to U-turn), and Dragon resist, taking quite a bit of pressure off Magnezone. The Wish support also helps keep the rest of your team alive for longer periods of time.

You'll need a Rapid Spinner if you want to use Salamence, and I feel that Physically Defensive Forretress is the best spinner for your team. It packs a resistance to Dragon-type moves, and can take on dragons that threaten your team with ease. It also gives your team the perenially-valuable Stealth Rock and a means of securing momentum with Volt Switch. Don't get me wrong, Donphan is good, but I feel that it opens up more holes for your team than it closes.

A summarized list of changes can be found below.

Sets:

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Outrage | Earthquake | Aqua Tail | Dual Chop

Outrage | Earthquake | Aqua Tail | Dragon Claw

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Careful | 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Iron Head | Body Slam | Wish | Stealth Rock

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Bold | 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD | 2 Spe
Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Hidden Power

Nitpicks:
  • Genesect ----> Garchomp or Salamence
  • Dugtrio ----> Jirachi or Forretress

Sorry for the briefness of this rate. It was hard finding ways to improve this team, since it was already very solid. Good luck. Luvdisc'd, and also...
DOUBLE SHARK ATTACK YES
I just tested ScarfChomp + SpD Jirachi (though SpD Rachi w/ Thunder for Xatu, I assume you meant to put Thunder there anyway) and I'm really liking these changes. Surprisingly, Garchomp's actually bulky enough to take Techniloom Mach Punches fairly well. However, I'm not making any changes to the thread until I find out how ScarfMence + Spinner works out. Thanks for the rate!

Hey LucaroarkZ, nice team!

First of all I agree with Superpowerdude's suggestions, I really think an extra fighting resist in Salamence, who also resists the secondary STAB of common fighting types (Breloom's Bullet Seed, Keldeo's Hydro pump etc) will be beneficial for the team, especially considering Latias is trapped by Tyranitar, a common partner for the likes of Keldeo and Breloom. However, with Genesect gone you are now much weaker to Lati@s (physical dragons really aren't that more threatening than they previously were due to the addition of Donphan, and they're often some sort of dancing variant, so they lack the immediate threat level that Lati@s carries.) They can both come in on Politoed locked into Surf / Hydro Pump / Perish Song, Donphan, and Salamence locked into Fire Blast / Earthquake. They can then fire off their devastatingly powerful Draco Meteor's, your only steel-type is Magnezone, a steel-type that lacks good Special bulk and HP, and has no bulk investment. Needless to say, your Magnezone is far from a reliable Lati@s switch-in, and Lati@s can just hit-and-run your team, essentially taking out a mon everytime they come in. To help remedy this situation, I suggest running a spread of: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe and a Modest nature over your current spread and Timid nature on Magnezone. This spread provides the absolute minimum speed needed to outspeed standard Skarmory while giving you as much bulk as possible to take on Lati@s. This spread guarentees surviving a Draco Meteor and a -2 Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios after Stealth Rock, it also gives you a very good chance of surviving a Draco Meteor and a -2 Draco Meteor from even a Choice Specs Latios. This isn't the most reliable solution in the world, but if you do manage to survive 2 Draco Meteor's then you can either Flash Cannon if they're in KO range, or if they aren't in KO range, you can Volt Switch out to something that forces them out and save Magnezone as death fodder. With Magnezone as death fodder, you can sac it the next time Lati@s comes out, meaning the first 2 times they come in only one pokemon dies and the rest don't have a scratch on them. The Modest nature also guarentees the 2HKO on standard Ferrothorn if they lack protect, and overall gives you some nice extra power behind your attacks.

This next suggestion is more of a preference thing, but I suggest trying out Zen Headbutt over Ice Fang on Sharpedo. The main appeal of Zen Headbutt is Keldeo, it's probably the single most common revenge killer at the moment, and you currently can't even 2HKO with your rain boosted Waterfall. But Zen Headbutt has a very high chance of OHKOing after Stealth Rock, and still a decent chance without Stealth Rock, and that's without factoring in the flinch chance, preventing Keldeo from ruining your sweep. Alot of dragons are going to be either trying to sweep you or put as big of a hole in your team as possible, all the dragons that give Sharpedo trouble are weak to Stealth Rock and your team handles most dragons relatively well, so they're often dead and gone by the time you bring out Sharpedo for a late game sweep. Even if they aren't, Zen Headbutt has an incredibly high chance to OHKO Salamence after 2 switch-ins to Stealth Rock, making Ice Fang quite redundant at times.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)
Thanks for the rate! Tested Zen Headbutt and it's been working very well. Also went ahead and changed Magnezone's EVs and that's helped a lot too. I haven't actually tested ScarfMence yet, though, though I imagine that if ScarfChomp worked well on this team, ScarfMence will too. I should convince Bestow5000 to help me out with testing all this stuff because I'm a lazy ass

Hey there! nice team you've got here.
Since Genesect has been banned your team requires a substitute now.
Though, I would like to propose a different route.
Have you considered Scarf Jirachi? He can also protect you against psychic type like Latios, Latias and Alakazam, while still keeping momentum with U-turn, and making easier dugtrio's job.
Set:
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Trick

Hope it helped, good luck!
Thanks for the rate! I've used ScarfRachi before and I love it. I'll test it out on this team when I get around to it, though if I end up using SpD Jirachi over Dugtrio I obviously won't be able to.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just tested ScarfChomp + SpD Jirachi (though SpD Rachi w/ Thunder for Xatu, I assume you meant to put Thunder there anyway) and I'm really liking these changes. Surprisingly, Garchomp's actually bulky enough to take Techniloom Mach Punches fairly well. However, I'm not making any changes to the thread until I find out how ScarfMence + Spinner works out. Thanks for the rate!
Yea, my mistake. I meant to place Thunder over Body Slam and Sassy as the proper nature. Sorry about that.

hi Lucaroark! All I can say is, nice team, as all the changes I wanted to suggest have been made already, so the best I can do is agree with them. This leads me to believe that the best suggestion is trinitrotoluene's suggestion of choice scarf garchomp in place of genesect. Great synergy with magnezone and sharpedo, and, as trini added, DOUBLE SHARK ATTACK!!!

Also, luvdisc'd. nice team!

Thanks for the suggestion, guys! I like the idea of Garchomp best. Me and LucaroarkZ will test it out. So far he said it's bee working pretty darn well. And I must really try it out on Wi-Fi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)