Meet the Team

Alright, so this time, I didn't go towards any specific theme, rather just gathered Pokemon that seemed to work well together for me. As such, I went for a similar structure to a good team in another game. And so here, we meet the team.

Well, I had to start with a scout. Someone who goes in, tries to take out a thing or two, and then retreat quickly to reload. And who better to start with than Mienshao?

Well with that there, I need some basic offense. Someone fast who can deal with a lot of different threats, and then some. So, why not a Soldier and Heavy?

With these two in there, they might need some extra help. Insert Demo.

With that set, they're going to need some support. Someone who can come in and take out some troublesome folks. Like a sniper.

Oh, right, a sentry gun might do some good for the team. So someone go Engineer.

Well, my soldier wasn't really helping too much. I needed something else. Something more... spylike.

Spy didn't fit. So let's bring in a new soldier. Someone who can take hits better.

=======Team In Depth=======

"BONK!"
Scout (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- HP Ice
- U-turn​
Scout does what Scout needs to. He starts out there, hits with Fake Out, tries to take out something if he can, and then U-Turns out. HJK is for a powerful STAB, and HP Ice can hit most flying types hard enough, and, as Undisputed said, Stone Edge's accuracy is absurdly annoying, like when I miss four times in a row.

"Not one o' ya's gonna survive this!"
Demoman (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​
An offensive Demo can cause mayhem wherever he goes. Outrage because STAB. Fire Fang covers Jirachi and others, Earthquake provides good STAB coverage, and Stone Edge because more rocks. Rough Skin and Helmet provide extra damage to those like Breloom and Scizor with Mach and Bullet Punch.

"I have yet to meet man who can outsmart bullet."
Heavy (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear​
Heavies, when used correctly, are capable of mowing down entire teams. Since he's sashed, he can safely do a Shell Smash without getting OHKO'ed, or two if I'm feeling cocky. After which he can obliterate anything unless there's weather, since Ice Shard can take care of things like Breloom.

"Everything above your head is gonna be a fine red mist!"
Sniper (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed​
The Sniper hides, and comes out when he can shoot. SubPunch is more fun than I expected. I'll sub, essentially hoping the opponent doesn't take it out, then zoom in for a Focus Punch.

"Sentry goin' up!"
Engineer (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch​
Sentries, sentries. Hazards can be a pain, especially for Heavy, so something needs to be there to spin them away, and even set up my own. Volt Switch is there so I can get away from Magnezone.

"C,mere, cupcake!"
Soldier (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Icy Wind
Scarf Keldeo adds a wonderful water resist to the team. It can take advantage of weakened Lati's thanks to Breloom. His counters can also be taken out by the Sniper too. He can also pressure Blissey with Secret Sword. HP Grass fives him a wider coverage as well.

=======Weaknesses=======

--Any ghosts. Scout can't hit them with Fake Out or Hi Jump Kick, and he has to retreat right away hoping he isn't outsped. Which, the only real problem would be a Speed-natured Gengar.

--Gengar specifically. Speed-natured Gengar outspeeds everything bar Keldeo, and his Surf doesn't hit hard enough to OHKO it.

--Latios. IT outspeeds everything except Keldeo, who can't hit it hard enough to take it out.

--Scarfed Thundurus-T. It outspeeds everything except Keldeo, who can't hit it super-effectively to take it out in one hit.

--Deoxys-D. Somehow, whenever I use it, it manages to go down in one hit. But when someone else uses it, it walls my entire team, and it's extremely frustrating.

--Wobbuffet. I've always thought that Wobbuffet was banished to Ubers, and so it caught me by surprise when I came across one in OU. Although I now have a Spy to deal with him, assuming I have Scout or Engineer when he comes in.

--Sandstorm, and less commonly, Hail Teams. They essentially prevent Heavy from working well, and damage, damage everywhere.

--Anything with priority. Prevents Heavy from making more than a dent, and a non-boosted Breloom managed to take out everything with Mach Punch.

Code:
Scout (Mienshao) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Demoman (Garchomp) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Heavy (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear

Sniper (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed

Engineer (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch

Soldier (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

=======A Final Glance=======

Hey!

Solid team you've got here. I've got some pretty minor changes for you that I think will help you out.

First, you should definitely use HP Ice on Mienshao. Most of the time, you should be Jump Kicking for tons of damage, so HP Ice is mostly a support move. It will help you deal with Pokemon like Landorus and Gliscor more effectively. It also hits Flying types hard enough to get the job done, so HP Ice really only has upside. I can't think of many situations where Stone Edge will KO something that HP Ice won't, and Stone Edge's accuracy is always infuriating.

Next, Cloyster. I'm not a personal fan of Cloyster, but it does work. I think Focus Sash is a waste for you though. You have no weather guarantee, so sometimes Focus Sash will be useless. With all the priority flying around BW2, how many times do you use Focus Sash and sweep an entire team? I'd guess not many times. One item that I think you could use, and if I ever used Cloyster I would use it too, is King's Rock. With it, you'll have almost a 50% flinch rate to continue your sweep. If you can flinch counters close to half the time, the opponent will have a difficult time answering Cloyster.

I'd be doing you an injustice if I let you leave without Spore on Breloom. I know Sub-Punch is a cool gimmick when it works, but Spore is so good you can't not have it. Essentially, any Spored Pokemon is a non-issue during the match and you nabbed yourself a free KO. My recommendation is just use Spore over Substitute. It basically functions the same way. You Spore something slower, or something that can't KO you, and then you Focus Punch on the next turn. Most people will switch, and between Spore and Focus Punch, you basically nabbed yourself two KOes. It does a great job at taking out Tornadus-t and Lati@s as well.

Finally, Ditto doesn't fit your team. A better choice would be Scarf Keldeo. Adds a great Water resist for you. It can take advantage of weakened Lati's thanks to Breloom. Keldeo's counters are conveniently beaten by Breloom too, so Keldeo is really great. Thundurus-t won't bother you much anymore (boosted Surfs almost OHKO, and certainly OHKO with SR). You can also pressure Blissey with Secret Sword.

Good luck!

Hey!

Solid team you've got here. I've got some pretty minor changes for you that I think will help you out.

First, you should definitely use HP Ice on Mienshao. Most of the time, you should be Jump Kicking for tons of damage, so HP Ice is mostly a support move. It will help you deal with Pokemon like Landorus and Gliscor more effectively. It also hits Flying types hard enough to get the job done, so HP Ice really only has upside. I can't think of many situations where Stone Edge will KO something that HP Ice won't, and Stone Edge's accuracy is always infuriating.

I've come across Volcarona leads carrying Psychic more than once, and Hi Jump Kick doesn't get to do much against it, and neither would HP Ice.

Next, Cloyster. I'm not a personal fan of Cloyster, but it does work. I think Focus Sash is a waste for you though. You have no weather guarantee, so sometimes Focus Sash will be useless. With all the priority flying around BW2, how many times do you use Focus Sash and sweep an entire team? I'd guess not many times. One item that I think you could use, and if I ever used Cloyster I would use it too, is King's Rock. With it, you'll have almost a 50% flinch rate to continue your sweep. If you can flinch counters close to half the time, the opponent will have a difficult time answering Cloyster.

When he holds Kings Rock, he doesn't really ever get a chance to do anything, since he's outsped by almost everything he comes across. Focus Sash guarantees at least one Shell Smash for him, which lets me take out at least 1 thing, or the rest of the opponent's team if he doesn't carry priority. Which, as I found during playtesting, is surprisingly often.

I'd be doing you an injustice if I let you leave without Spore on Breloom. I know Sub-Punch is a cool gimmick when it works, but Spore is so good you can't not have it. Essentially, any Spored Pokemon is a non-issue during the match and you nabbed yourself a free KO. My recommendation is just use Spore over Substitute. It basically functions the same way. You Spore something slower, or something that can't KO you, and then you Focus Punch on the next turn. Most people will switch, and between Spore and Focus Punch, you basically nabbed yourself two KOes. It does a great job at taking out Tornadus-t and Lati@s as well.

Oh my god Sproe is so amazing. I didn't consider using it on this one, but thank you.

Finally, Ditto doesn't fit your team. A better choice would be Scarf Keldeo. Adds a great Water resist for you. It can take advantage of weakened Lati's thanks to Breloom. Keldeo's counters are conveniently beaten by Breloom too, so Keldeo is really great. Thundurus-t won't bother you much anymore (boosted Surfs almost OHKO, and certainly OHKO with SR). You can also pressure Blissey with Secret Sword.

So Keldeo turned out to be really helpful here. Although I still would like to keep Ditto as an alternate option, I'm probably going to be going with Keldeo.

Good luck!
Going to edit the OP in a little bit, I'm gonna play some TF2 first.

EDIT: Alright, it's fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)