Colored base stats bars for LC

Greetings

Currently, when one looks at a Pokemon's LC analysis, the stats are by default set to level 5. However, most base stats have glaring red colors, indicating how "bad" it is (for level 100 FE Pokemon). My suggestion is the following:

When the LC analysis of a Pokemon is selected, the base stats bars' colors change to something that represents LC's standards. For example, an LC Pokemon with great bulk would have yellow defensive stats and a Pokemon such as Mienfoo would have a green Attack stat (because 75 is pretty good).

It would help newer players greatly and it would also give the analysis some more colors. Thoughts?

To be honest, I kind of really like this idea, and sorry for bumping it since I didn't notice it. I think this would be rather amazing for newer players to understand the Pokemon.

I just don't know how feasible it would be. If it is feasible I'd love to see this implemented.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
this was something eric asked for way back, I think it just got kind of lost in the shuffle since it was never a huge priority given how long site updates already take. iirc SDS might have had something, so talk to him about it?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What do we do about mons that can still be used in LC but also have Eviolite sets for higher tiers?

Stat matrixes are already separated by metagame. Example:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ferroseed/ru
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/ferroseed/lc

I mean I suppose we could adjust the colors of the stat bar for every single metagame respective to the average stats in that meta, but that would be a very time-consuming project and would need to be adjusted every once in a while

btw I'm sorry for not suggesting coloring when I suggested different levels for the bars to Arti. It didn't occur to me :(

Edit: ik blara I was responding to deck knight

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I mean I suppose we could adjust the colors of the stat bar for every single metagame respective to the average stats in that meta, but that would be a very time-consuming project and would need to be adjusted every once in a while
Can this even be done? If not I'm going to whine about it to some admins

I agree, if this is possible then it would be really really really beneficial in helping people get to know lower tiers better. Having colored bars based on the averages of the tier will REALLY be useful for newer players in learning what's good and why.

v

well what I meant is: if it can be done manually, we can crowdsource the work so it gets done pretty quickly. if not, we'll have to ask the admins, and I have no idea at all how long it'll take to implement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)