The Book of Eruptions

Introduction

Hello All I am Usatoday and I have decided to create a sun team that focused around the key idea of setting up sun and then sweeping with an specs eruption heatran however since the only nature allowed is quiet I created a semi Trick Sun team which has surprisingly worked out quite well. So lets get into the team shall we?

Team Preview

Team Building Process

Obviously if I'm going to use a sun team I would want to use the only pokemon allowed in OU besides vulpix with drought so Ninetales was my only choice, Too bad it doesn't have a decent special attack stat so I decided to make this sun team quite defensive.

Next off since the one problem with sun is that hazards a detrimental to any sun team I wanted a way to ensure that hazards would never be up on the field this came in the form of a duo and since I have a rather strong dislike for forretress in the Overused Tier I decided to go with a pokemon that could check the many dragons common today with Ice shard in the form of donphan.

I decided to use Xatu over espeon for the fact that it has measurable bulk and allows for me to set up trick room much more reliably and also gave me quite a good switch in to ferrothorn, blissey, forretress, and deoxys defense, all of which donphan has a hard time touching. So with Xatu within the ranks combined with donphan it is almost certain I will get rid of hazards at one point of the match.

Next off I wanted a pokemon that could switch into just about any threat that rain would throw at me so I looked for a pokemon that could tank a hit from politoed and status it as well as be a back up trick roomer incase Xatu went down and I found it lurking in the depths of RU going by the name of Slowking with a base 110 special defense It fit the team perfectly because of the way I play it I am constantly switching around with these four making slowking an even better fit since it has regenerator allowing it to heal any damage a offensive politoed wanted to throw at it.

Next off I wanted the main sweeper himself in the form of heatran This thing will utterly annihilate an unexpecting opponent if they are not prepared to deal with heatran a specs sun boosted eruption has the ability to ohko a full health terrakion now that is power. Heatran also served as a good check to opposing sun teams since if I see a ninetales I'll lead with heatran and destroy something with eruption.

Next off the team desperate needed a speedy pokemon that could help me assist in picking off weakened pokemon so I naturally went with Venusaur since it could annihilate heatran with earthquake and run dual stab with giga drain and sludge bomb.

However after a while Venusaur just didn't have the coverage I was looking for so I went down to the depth of NU and found there was a sun abuser that fit my needs perfectly in the form of Shiftry as it gets nature power, and low kick allowing shiftry to destroy tyranitar and crush politoed with a stab grass attack. Shiftry also had something else over venusaur it gets access to a stab sucker punch which I desperately needed as otherwise latias and latios walked all over my team.

Now after one final test the team went through a major change Donphan was replaced with landorus therian for a better terrakion check while I tried out reuniclus and it worked better than Xatu had lately so Reuniclus was added, and Finally with slowking not being able to do much I threw in a spinner and a specially bulky water type to take which turned out to be tentacruel a great check to rain teams.

In Depth Look

Vesuvius (Heatran) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Eruption
Moves First up on the team we have a unique pokemon that is commonly seen on just about every team since the dawn of genesects revival however with the recent banning of Genesect heatran might fall out of usage as much as it was however this is perhaps my personal favorite heatran set as it can annihilate any pokemon that doesn't deserve to be on the same field as this amazing creation. With the power of a base 150 power move with a boost from sun, stab, and potentially flash fire coming off a base 130 special attack stat added onto choice specs you get the best power that you could perhaps find. Eruption should be fairly obvious assuming I dont have any hazards on my side of the field I set up the sun and trick room and then abuse it for three turns or four if I get lucky initially saying 4 pokemon die with stealth rocks up. Fire blast is a secondary option for a stab move that won't rely on keeping heatran at full health. Next off is hidden power ice which allows heatran to destroy any dragon types namely dragonite and salamence. Finally there is one final move to round out heatrans moveset which is namely called earth power which allows heatran to outslow and hit opposing heatran assuming they haven't died from nature power or low kick already.

Evs The evs should be fairly self evident maximizing the special attacking stat while maximizing the health stat as well and finally the four random evs in defense for no apparent reason.

Squidisish (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 204 HP / 60 SAtk / 224 SDef / 20 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
Moves Squidward makes his appearance in the sun and for once doesn't dry out into a square block. Sludge bomb is here for a few reasons the first off there is breloom, virizion who scald does not hit hard, so a stab super effective sludge bomb will ohko breloom and severely dent virizion, while it also serves the purpose of having a reliable stab move in sun and also letting me deal out a decent chunk of damage in politoed and not have to rely on scald to burn it. Rapid spin allows me to obviously spin away the entry hazards. Protect allows for me to scout out a choiced opponent more importantly Jirachi, Thundurus Therian, and the rare specs gastrodon. Finally there is scald incase I want to fish for a burn on my opponent such as metagross.

Evs
The evs are fairly evident the health evs make it a perfect number for black sludge recovery. The special attack and speed evs allow me to outspeed breloom and always ohko it with sludge bomb. The rest are put into special defense to be able to sponge hurricanes from Tornadus therian better.

Pumba (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Moves Say hello to perhaps one of my new favorite defensive pivots in the game now i had initially not wanted to use him in this team because I seem to be using him everywhere on every team I have. Earthquake is a stab move that allows me to nail tentacruel who I don't have to fear in sun, Toxicroak who I only have to fear ice punch from, and allows me to crucify jolteon if I can predict the electric move from the specs set correctly. U-Turn allows for me to come in take a hit and then switch out also letting me hit celebi, shiftry, and lilligant. Next off is stealth rock this move allows for me to cripple many common pokemon such as tornadus therian, thundurus therian, victini, and ninetales. Finally there is stone edge for one main reason DRAGONITE this thing is such a pain in my side especially the mixed life orb sets i've been seeing around everywhere they are so annoying to face with this team.

Evs
The evs again should be evident the hp evs allow for the maximum recovery for leftovers while near max defense, allowing for me to put some attack evs into landorus therian incase I decide to go on the offensive.

Enchantress (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 200 HP / 212 SDef / 96 Spd
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball
Moves Say hello to the enchantressized vixen in all of her beauty Ninetales is one of those pokemon that just sort of sucks however it's ability is one of the best around the market you could ask for. Drought the ability to summon unlimited sun one of which is what is essential in for this team to function properly as it reduces the water weakness for ninetales making it a good asset to have around. Flamethrower gives ninetales a move that is essentially double stab on it allowing me to roast pokemon such as ferrothorn and scizor. Pain split is the only recovery move that ninetales receives outside of an even more unreliable rest making Ninetales almost a deadweight if I can't keep it healthy and bring it in on a pokemon such as forretress to heal. Will-O-Wisp allows ninetales to burn pokemon that attempt to set up on ninetales such as dragonite, and lucario. Finally I have energy ball to hit politoed and tyranitar for some damage upon switch in for about 20% which makes all the much easier for me to deal with the two of them.

Evs The evs are fairly self evident 96 gives ninetales enough speed any positive base 80 namely called mamoswine while the hp evs allow for me to have a perfect amount of leftovers gain allowing to move some of the evs that would go into hp into the specially defensive stat.

Fluffy (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Nature Power
- Leaf Storm
- Low Kick
Moves Now say hello to the driad from hell that will demolish just about any other weather starter not named abomasnow. Shiftry has the movepool of a god as it has a neutral move for just about anything first off there is Low kick which allows shiftry to come in and absolutely destroy balloon heatran while maintaining the ability to ohko the standard tyranitar assuming its not a chople berry version of it which can only really fire blast me but at that point it's extremely weakened to the point where ninetales doesnt have to worry about it. Low kick also allows for my shiftry to nail one common threat named ferrothorn and it is a solid two hit ko upon. Up next is nature power otherwise known as earthquake which absolutely annihilates specially defensive heatran which otherwise gives sun teams a really hard time it also allows shiftry to outpace choice scarf infernape which seem to have gotten quite popular and ohko it with a life orb boosted earthquake. Next off I have chosen leaf storm over seed bomb for the physically defensive walls that think they can wall shiftry mainly being gliscor and hippowdown as a life orb boosted leaf storm will destroy the two of them with a little stealth rocks damage. It also serves the purpose of getting rid of the threat called defensive politoed which besides slowking I can't touch without slowking. Finally obviously there is sucker punch which is a priority I very much needed it works mainly for damaging tornadus therian after stealth rock as I have a chance to get rid of it after a 25% reduction from stealth rock assuming I can set them up with donphan.

Evs The evs are fairly self evident with max attack to optimize the damage output that shiftry can do while putting the remaining four evs into special attack to again optimize the damage output I can do with leaf storm before My stats get reduced.

The Librarian (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Moves Final up on the list we have the replacement for Xatu and a rather good one it goes by the name of reuniclus now reuniclus is quite nice to have in my opinion for the sheer fact that it has the ability magic guard the ability to absorb any status, entry hazard damage, or more specifically life orb damage. Trick room should be evident as my only user of trick room I really on this thing quite a lot to support heatran. However this reuniclus is meant to go on the offensive if heatran can't pound through the pokemon I need it to. Hidden power fire is quite a nice surprise to through upon forretress ferrothorn and more importantly scizor meaning I don't have rely on focus blast to actually hit. Focus blast nails heatran, tyranitar, and houndoom. Finally obviously every pokemon needs a stab move in this case psychic which allows me to nail gengar, venusaur, and the therian genies.

Evs Pretty self evident for the sheer fact that you maximize special attack and maximizing hp to hit and take hits to the best of its ability while throwing the random four evs into special defense.

Threat List
Go into ninetales and roast it with flamethrower
Break its sash at some point in the match most likely with slowking and then go into shiftry or donphan to kill it with priority.
Go into to xatu force it out with psyshock or damage it with rocky helmet and u turn out into shiftry to low kick it to death.
Xatu stops it cold
Heatran and ninetales torch it with their stab fire moves.
Same proccess as blissey
Hopefully have it come in on Xatu and go into to slowking or shiftry to fire blast it or leaf storm it.
Xatu stops it cold again.
Xatu ware it down with pyshock and U Turns.
Yet again xatu stops it cold.
Switch into xatu on the Dragon dance tank a hit to break its multiscale with rocky helmet go into donphan to ohko it.
Play carefully with ninetales and heatran make sure the donphan and xatu are in on it to stop it cold.
Shiftry Heatran and Xatu all destroy it.
Xatu will stop it cold and on the second time go into donphan predicting the volt switch.
Huge threat go into to donphan as the primary check and if Donphan goes down switch out automatically into slowking.
Xatu and Shiftry stop it cold it can't touch either of them unless its a specs set.
Go directly out into ninetales if sub disable its really annoying to get rid of.
Go into slowking freeze it with an ice beam and donphan is a back up check to it.
A huge threat to my team considering I have nothing besides maybe xatu for it so Im wondering what your thoughts on Hidden power electric for slowking are?
Donphan and Xatu together can check it with the correct predictions.
Break its balloon with either low kick or energy ball and then earthquake it with donphan or shiftry.
Leaf storm it with shiftry or ice beam it with slowking.
A surprisingly large threat if its choiced its easier to deal with my initial switch in is slowking but may be ninetales if I think he will predict that.
Slowking does a pretty good job of dealing with infernape and donphan and xatu can work well as back up checks.
Shiftry makes it wish it wasn't born.
Donphan is a great switch in for this thing as it can't touch donphan with just about any move with the sun up.
Go into donphan and block volt switch the first time then the second time go into ninetales to bait the hidden power grass or ice.
Slowking and Xatu can check it if its not in rain.
Heatran smashes it into the ground with a stab fire blast.
Go into xatu predicting earth power then double switch into slowking.
Donphan and Xatu combo yet again as I typically do.
Slowking can sponge any hit from it allowing me to double switch into shiftry to sucker punch it.
Same as latias.
Keep donphan at full health so I can bring it in on the predicted swords dance and survive with sturdy.
Not a threat destroyed by heatran ninetales donphan and shiftry.
Annoying but handled well by slowking.
Slowking frys it with a fire blast.
Bring in heatran and essentially get a free kill with eruption.
Lead with tales to scout out whether its scarfed or not and then switch out to slowking and toxic it.
Big ass threat however a specs fire blast ohkos the standard trick room variant so switch around to stall out trick room.
Stopped cold by shiftry however if played right very annoying.
Same idea as dragonite and haxorus.
Switch to xatu if predicting bullet punch or go to donphan predicting U Turn.
Troll it with xatu and donphan and then go into slowking for the surprise fire blast.
Go into slowking and switch around to toxic stall it.
Xatu trolls this thing for days with the sun up.
Close combat go into slowking to scout the set stone edge go into donphan.
Weaken it with stealth rock to the point where ice shard will kill it.
Switch to slowking and set up a trick room on its U Turn.
Switch to ninetales to get the sun up and then out to Xatu.
Shiftry ohkos it with low kick.
Toxic it and stall it out to the point where leaf storm will kill it.
Xatu and Ninetales together troll it.
Go instantly out to heatran and fire off a sun boosted spec eruption on the second quiver dance and do massive damage.

Importable
Vesuvius (Heatran) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Eruption

Pumba (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Squidisish (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 204 HP / 60 SAtk / 224 SDef / 20 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Enchantress (Ninetales) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 200 HP / 212 SDef / 96 Spd
Timid Nature
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Energy Ball

Fluffy (Shiftry) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Nature Power
- Leaf Storm
- Low Kick

The Librarian (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Retired Members

Pumba (Donphan) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def / 52 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
Moves Donphan is a pokemon that is quite unique with access to sturdy stealth rock rapid spin and ice shard its no wonder why this thing is used in the overused metagame not to mention that donphan is a staple spinner for the standard sun team with prority ice shard to hit dragons like dragonite and salamence it does its job perfectly. Rapid spin should be obvious as it allows for domphan combined with Xatu to keep the hazards off of my side of the field. Stealth rock allows for me to break multiscale and severely cripple volcarona upon switch in while hurting the therian genies severely. Finally there is earthquake for a solid coverage and stab move to hit tyranitar and jirachi.

Evs The evs may seem weird but yet again they lead to a perfect amount of leftovers gain allowing me to run some speed investment to outrun gastrodon and standard specially defensive tyranitar.

Xenophon (Xatu) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Roost
- Psyshock
Moves I swear this thing has to be my favorite pokemon ever since I started to use it on just about every team I make and for good reason it can play mind games with tyranitar with pursuit and crunch while trolling many hazard setters such as donphan, forretress, ferrothorn and skarmory. However while most of these pokemon fear a heat wave from Xatu I don't run it as I primarily want a primary trick room user and with access to u turn to predict switches and scout or simply U Turn out it works out quite well as I can U Turn into heatran to potentially get a flash fire boost and then three things automatically die. Roost should be fairly evident for healing purposes while allowing me to troll defensive politoeds as they attempt to ice beam me. Psyshock is the last move to hit blissey amoonguss and tentacruel.

Evs The evs are fairly obvious as they ensure an odd hp stat while fifty six evs are put into special attack to ensure a two hit ko upon tentacruel even in rain. While the rest are put into defense so that pursuit only does around 40% as I roost and the u turn making him think i'm staying in.

The Librarian (Slowking) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 184 Def / 108 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
Moves: Now the final member of this team is the librarian himself as he is responsible for putting the books of eruption into action by blowing them out with a powerful water attack not. This thing is a beast at what I need for it which is to get rid of politoed and set up trick room late game which is what it is designed to do and all I really use it for besides sponging a draco meteor from a latios or more commonly a life orb latias. Toxic allows me to status pokemon that I really need toxiced instead of burned by ninetales such as politoed and gastrodon. Ice beam allows me to demolish the specially based dragon types such as hydreigon and latios. While fire blast is great for nailing ferrothorn and forretress upon the initial switch in or better yet fry an abomasnow as they expect to come in for free. Finally I have Trick room to do one of two things the first is to go on the offensive with Ice beam and Fire blast, which surprisingly have amazing coverage on anything not named a water type or to either demolish the opponent as i'm about to die as I set up Trick room and then send out heatran to clean up the rest of my opponents team.

Evs The evs may seem weird but they work quite well as they allow me have a 14% chance of surviving two +1 dragon claws from a dragonite while maintaining a perfect number for the leftovers recovery while the rest are put into the special defensive stat which quaintly enough allows slowking to live two hidden power grasses from a specs politoed.

Hi Usatoday,

This team is crazy checked by Water types that use that water / ice move set which is easily going to sweep this team. For this reason, I recommend switching your Donphan to SubSalac Keldeo. You already have Xatu as entry hazard support so he will take rapid spin issues away. Keldeo also checks Blissey and Chansey, a big threat to your team. This set is only walled by Jellicent and Lati@s but those are checked by the rest of your team. Keldeo has two great STABs as well. Fighting Smashes through steels and ground types are smoked. Calm Mind lets you survive some unexpected T-Bolts. Of course, 4/6 of your team is weak to electric but Ninetales is Dedicated specially, and shiftry resists it. Here is the set.

Keldeo-R @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Trait: Jolly
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Next, since this team is built around Eruption Heatran, I would use the Dual Screen set on Xatu to maximize your bulk to let you set up more easily on Keldeo and get stronger Eruptions. Change Rocky Helmet to Light Clay and sacrifice PsyShock and Roost for Dual Screens (Light Screen + Reflect).

Your last threat is Dragon-Types and the Therians. Don't say Ice Shard takes care of them and there is no need to switch it for Keldeo because Ice Shard is super weak because 80 BP with super-effectiveness is crappy. I would sacrifice your Low Kick on Shiftry for Hidden Power [Ice]. You really need a good check and why the heck are you using Low Kick in the first place? Well, doesn't matter because Keldeo has a fighting-type move which shows how much your team will appreciate him.

Well, thats all! This is a great TR team but needs more support. I'll leave the rest to the other raters!

Hey!

Solid sun team; I can tell you've got some experience under your belt. I think your team is pretty cool, especially the use of Specs Heatran. It's an underrated threat, but no one ever wants to try it due to the prevalence of Rain. Since your team is pretty unique, I can't think of any profound changes. I do, however, think you could make more of Slowking's slot.

My suggestion for you would be to use LO TR Reuniclus. It's got the same typing, but it basically does the job Slowking is currently doing and does it a lot better. It will also give you a great second Trick Room Sweeper. It's a natural lure for stuff like Scizor, which you can take advantage of and get Heatran in. Many people rely on Tyranitar to beat Reuniclus, and you can take advantage of that in a big way as a Sun based team.

Before I go, I'll throw out Head Smash instead of Ice Shard. I think Ice Shard is pretty weak and generally useless. Head Smash is a cool option to nail Gengar and other Flying types that you would use Ice Shard on anyway. If you think Ice Shard is really important, I'd say keep it, but I find Head Smash pretty useful at times. If Donphan is at full health, it can also check Gyarados which you mentioned gave you a hard time.

Good luck!

Hi Usatoday,

This team is crazy checked by Water types that use that water / ice move set which is easily going to sweep this team. For this reason, I recommend switching your Donphan to SubSalac Keldeo. You already have Xatu as entry hazard support so he will take rapid spin issues away. Keldeo also checks Blissey and Chansey, a big threat to your team. This set is only walled by Jellicent and Lati@s but those are checked by the rest of your team. Keldeo has two great STABs as well. Fighting Smashes through steels and ground types are smoked. Calm Mind lets you survive some unexpected T-Bolts. Of course, 4/6 of your team is weak to electric but Ninetales is Dedicated specially, and shiftry resists it. Here is the set.

Keldeo-R @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Trait: Jolly
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Next, since this team is built around Eruption Heatran, I would use the Dual Screen set on Xatu to maximize your bulk to let you set up more easily on Keldeo and get stronger Eruptions. Change Rocky Helmet to Light Clay and sacrifice PsyShock and Roost for Dual Screens (Light Screen + Reflect).

Your last threat is Dragon-Types and the Therians. Don't say Ice Shard takes care of them and there is no need to switch it for Keldeo because Ice Shard is super weak because 80 BP with super-effectiveness is crappy. I would sacrifice your Low Kick on Shiftry for Hidden Power [Ice]. You really need a good check and why the heck are you using Low Kick in the first place? Well, doesn't matter because Keldeo has a fighting-type move which shows how much your team will appreciate him.

Well, thats all! This is a great TR team but needs more support. I'll leave the rest to the other raters!
Okay I really appreciate the rate however If i run dual screens xatu I lose the defensive bulk i rely on some times not to mention I have no growther or set up sweeper on this team which is why dual screens is usually run. I run low kick on shiftry for the fact that I can pretty much near two hit ko any other weather starter not named abomasnow as well as ohkoing ttar hitting balloon tran and for kyurem black. HP ice is an option however shiftry's movepool does not contain enough room for that plus the ones i currently have. Also no way am I using keldeo on a sun team however slowking is getting psyshock and xatu will get heat wave to damage some pokemon very easily.
Hey!

Solid sun team; I can tell you've got some experience under your belt. I think your team is pretty cool, especially the use of Specs Heatran. It's an underrated threat, but no one ever wants to try it due to the prevalence of Rain. Since your team is pretty unique, I can't think of any profound changes. I do, however, think you could make more of Slowking's slot.

My suggestion for you would be to use LO TR Reuniclus. It's got the same typing, but it basically does the job Slowking is currently doing and does it a lot better. It will also give you a great second Trick Room Sweeper. It's a natural lure for stuff like Scizor, which you can take advantage of and get Heatran in. Many people rely on Tyranitar to beat Reuniclus, and you can take advantage of that in a big way as a Sun based team.

Before I go, I'll throw out Head Smash instead of Ice Shard. I think Ice Shard is pretty weak and generally useless. Head Smash is a cool option to nail Gengar and other Flying types that you would use Ice Shard on anyway. If you think Ice Shard is really important, I'd say keep it, but I find Head Smash pretty useful at times. If Donphan is at full health, it can also check Gyarados which you mentioned gave you a hard time.

Good luck!
My only problem with using head smash over ice shard is I lose one of the few ways to check rock polish lando as well as scarf mence when its locked into outrage. However head smash would help with gyarados truly. I will definitely try out a reuniclus however again my problem is that I have nothing to take a draco meteor from latios besides heatran who I almost never bring in unless truely neccessary but I will try

Team just went through a revamp what are your opinions now? my only problem with it is no secondary trick room user

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey there Usatoday!

This team is very neat; I tried the concept of Trick Room Sun awhile ago and it worked brilliantly. It's actually very difficult to suggest anything since I don't see any major holes, but I see just a few small critiques.

On Tentacruel, if you use 16 SAtk EVs + Sludge Wave, you'll always OHKO 4 HP Breloom. Yeah, the chances to poison are somewhat lower, but relying on a 30% chance for something shouldn't be a goal anyway. This leaves you with a few extra EVs. The most efficient spread after this becomes as follows: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 224 SDef / 16 Spd. The investment in speed gives you a jump in points to outspeed Breloom speed creepers such as Gliscor or Celebi. I decided on suggesting full fledged max HP simply because Tentacruel has a valuable fighting resist (which of course is normally seen physically) which can come into play against Breloom; who can still do a number with a +2 Mach Punch (252 +2 Atk Fighting Gem Technician Breloom (+Atk) Mach Punch vs 204 HP/0 Def Tentacruel: 65.06% - 76.7% (2 hits to KO)). The rest of the EVs were dumped into SDef.
(F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 224 SDef / 16 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Wave
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Speaking of Breloom, this little mushroom really worries me in terms of your team's ability to handle it. Tentacruel of course outspeeds and OHKOs, but if it gets weakened from the excruciatingly powerful moves seen on many rain teams (from Specs Hydro Pumps to Life Orb Hurricanes), Breloom will be able to take it down sooner or later. All it needs is about 40% of prior damage and a Swords Dance boost which it can get from a sleeping Reuniclus or Landorus-T. Landorus-T can't exactly touch Breloom outside of U-turn, which is a 70 base power non-STAB move coming off of a hardly boosted attack stat. Once your opponent sees Heatran's Eruption, they'll know it's a Quiet nature and can put it to sleep to get a boost as well. I feel like it would be highly beneficial for you to have a second sure-fire resist that can also take it out with a single move. And going by the flow of your team... Trick Room Victini definitely fills this role. Even though Heatran's move is your team's namesake, it really becomes dead weight at times especially when it's not under Trick Room. And since you only have 1 Trick Roomer that has no recovery, this can be quite common. Plus, rain teams are just way too common for Heatran to work as effectively as it would want. Eruption in sun is powerful, yes, but when seemingly half your opponents have a fire resist that also brings in rain, it can be a downer at times. Victini, on the other hand, is able to set up Trick Room all by itself, hit Water types extremely hard with the newly released Bolt Strike, AND resist Fighting, all of which Heatran can only dream of doing. Here's the set:
@ Charcoal
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break / Sunny Day

In case it isn't obvious, V-create lowers your speed so you outspeed(outslow?) a ton of Pokemon under Trick Room. The last slot is flexible, but I feel like Brick Break would be most beneficial to your team. I experimented with both, and while Sunny Day is nice to play around Tyranitar and Politoed, Brick Break allows you to hit both Heatran and Tyranitar, making it easier for the rest of your team to do its job. Once you sleep fodder something on your team, Breloom will be a non-issue with Victini's great bulk + HP investment. Also, Charcoal hides your item early game and powers up V-create without sacrificing HP.

So try it out! Trick Room Victini has certainly been the reason I won a few games of my own. Good luck!

Summary of Changes

• change Sludge Bomb to Sludge Wave
    • EVs: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 224 SDef / 16 Spd
    • change to Trick Room Victini
      • Victini @ Charcoal
        - V-create
        - Trick Room
        - Bolt Strike
        - Brick Break / Sunny Day

Hey there Usatoday!

This team is very neat; I tried the concept of Trick Room Sun awhile ago and it worked brilliantly. It's actually very difficult to suggest anything since I don't see any major holes, but I see just a few small critiques.

On Tentacruel, if you use 16 SAtk EVs + Sludge Wave, you'll always OHKO 4 HP Breloom. Yeah, the chances to poison are somewhat lower, but relying on a 30% chance for something shouldn't be a goal anyway. This leaves you with a few extra EVs. The most efficient spread after this becomes as follows: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 224 SDef / 16 Spd. The investment in speed gives you a jump in points to outspeed Breloom speed creepers such as Gliscor or Celebi. I decided on suggesting full fledged max HP simply because Tentacruel has a valuable fighting resist (which of course is normally seen physically) which can come into play against Breloom; who can still do a number with a +2 Mach Punch (252 +2 Atk Fighting Gem Technician Breloom (+Atk) Mach Punch vs 204 HP/0 Def Tentacruel: 65.06% - 76.7% (2 hits to KO)). The rest of the EVs were dumped into SDef.
(F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 224 SDef / 16 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Wave
- Protect
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

Speaking of Breloom, this little mushroom really worries me in terms of your team's ability to handle it. Tentacruel of course outspeeds and OHKOs, but if it gets weakened from the excruciatingly powerful moves seen on many rain teams (from Specs Hydro Pumps to Life Orb Hurricanes), Breloom will be able to take it down sooner or later. All it needs is about 40% of prior damage and a Swords Dance boost which it can get from a sleeping Reuniclus or Landorus-T. Landorus-T can't exactly touch Breloom outside of U-turn, which is a 70 base power non-STAB move coming off of a hardly boosted attack stat. Once your opponent sees Heatran's Eruption, they'll know it's a Quiet nature and can put it to sleep to get a boost as well. I feel like it would be highly beneficial for you to have a second sure-fire resist that can also take it out with a single move. And going by the flow of your team... Trick Room Victini definitely fills this role. Even though Heatran's move is your team's namesake, it really becomes dead weight at times especially when it's not under Trick Room. And since you only have 1 Trick Roomer that has no recovery, this can be quite common. Plus, rain teams are just way too common for Heatran to work as effectively as it would want. Eruption in sun is powerful, yes, but when seemingly half your opponents have a fire resist that also brings in rain, it can be a downer at times. Victini, on the other hand, is able to set up Trick Room all by itself, hit Water types extremely hard with the newly released Bolt Strike, AND resist Fighting, all of which Heatran can only dream of doing. Here's the set:
@ Charcoal
- V-create
- Trick Room
- Bolt Strike
- Morning Sun / Brick Break / Sunny Day

In case it isn't obvious, V-create lowers your speed so you outspeed(outslow?) a ton of Pokemon under Trick Room. The last slot is flexible, but I feel like Morning Sun would be most beneficial to your team. I experimented with all 3, and while Brick Break is nice to hit TTar and Heatran, Morning Sun allows you to set up Trick Room more times than once during a battle and weaken fire resists until they die. It's also great in tandem with your HP investment since Victini has quite a bit of bulk. It can afford to switch into stuff (mainly fighting) and heal it off as a good pivot. Once you sleep fodder something on your team, Breloom will be a non-issue with Victini's great bulk + HP investment. Also, Charcoal hides your item early game and powers up V-create without sacrificing HP.

So try it out! Trick Room Victini has certainly been the reason I won a few games of my own. Good luck!

Summary of Changes

• change Sludge Bomb to Sludge Wave
    • EVs: 252 HP / 16 SAtk / 224 SDef / 16 Spd
    • change to Trick Room Victini
      • Victini @ Charcoal
        - V-create
        - Trick Room
        - Bolt Strike
        - Morning Sun / Brick Break / Sunny Day
Thank you very much for this ^__^ but yes I will make sure to try out victini

Hey Usatoday, I like this little Sun Trick Room team you have. I'm only going to make one suggestion for your team.

I feel that you need a better abuser of Chlorophyll. Now the reason why I say this is because, Shiftry is very vulnerable to Mach Punch from Conkeldurr and the ever so popular Swords dance breloom that they will stop your sweep. Plus your team is alreay weak to STAB fighting types like those two threats. Now you have Sucker Punch as proirty but neither of those threats I mention are going to be taking serious damage. I suggest you switch out Shiftry for Growth Victreebel.

This set I recommend

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
EVs:120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Growth
Leaf Blade
Sludge Bomb
Weather Ball

Here are some calucations of Mixed Growth After one Growth from Victreebel

+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Ninetales: 50 - 59.14%
120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 50.47 - 59.87%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 50.97 - 60.06%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 152 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 51.03 - 60.17%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 52.48 - 61.7%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Dragonite: 52.59 - 61.91%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 54.67 - 64.56%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 54.82 - 64.72%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados: 54.82 - 64.72%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 54.96 - 64.88%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 54.96 - 64.88%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 55.95 - 66.06%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 56.06 - 66.3%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 57.28 - 67.54%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 57.6 - 68%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 57.7 - 68.37%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Reuniclus: 58.01 - 68.39%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Tentacruel: 57.96 - 68.68%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 58.25 - 68.86%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 192 HP / 52 SpD Venusaur: 58.45 - 69.34%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 59.25 - 70.08%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 62.6 - 73.91%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 62.88 - 74.22%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 62.83 - 74.32%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Tentacruel: 63.46 - 75%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 63.35 - 75.19%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 65.25 - 77.03%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 65.89 - 77.81%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 66.55 - 78.13%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 66.24 - 78.17%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 66.66 - 78.7%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 66.87 - 78.94%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 66.87 - 78.94%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 66.88 - 79.09%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 67.17 - 79.14%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 120 HP / 136 SpD Conkeldurr: 66.92 - 79.26%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Conkeldurr: 67.1 - 79.37%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 136 HP / 0 SpD Ninetales: 67.28 - 79.43%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Hippowdon: 67.38 - 80.47%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 71.52 - 84.43%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 71.73 - 84.53%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 71.76 - 84.71%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 72.08 - 85.27%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 88 Def Gyarados: 73.11 - 86.1%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Donphan: 73.69 - 87.23%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Conkeldurr: 74.39 - 87.68%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ninetales: 75.26 - 88.85%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 75.86 - 89.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 75.86 - 89.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 75.86 - 89.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 77.97 - 91.88%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 78.59 - 92.97%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Celebi: 79.2 - 93.31%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 80.36 - 95.46%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Hippowdon: 83.57 - 98.33%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T: 87 - 102.66%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 87.31 - 103.02%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tornadus-T: 87.95 - 103.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 92.99 - 109.9%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 94.38 - 111.23%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 95.69 - 112.91%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 97.61 - 115.01%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 97.27 - 115.3%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 97.61 - 115.69%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 98.29 - 115.98%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 98.17 - 116.4%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Espeon: 99.1 - 117.06%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 99.47 - 117.7%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Espeon: 99.7 - 117.96%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 100.99 - 119.8%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 100.99 - 119.8%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 102.48 - 120.59%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 104.68 - 123.74%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Abomasnow: 106.25 - 126.04%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 106.93 - 126.23%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 106.93 - 126.23%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 244 HP / 136+ Def Vaporeon: 108 - 127.27%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 107.36 - 127.36%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 108.27 - 127.81%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 109.21 - 128.32%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 220 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 109.09 - 128.78%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 112.2 - 132.46%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 119.29 - 141.52%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jolteon: 122.14 - 144.28%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jolteon: 122.87 - 145.38%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 212 Def Vaporeon: 124.43 - 146.63%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 126.31 - 149.12%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Cloyster: 133.99 - 157.42%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 134.23 - 158.96%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 135.71 - 160.71%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 137.29 - 163.03%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 236 HP / 212+ SpD Breloom: 139.06 - 164.06%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Jellicent: 139.6 - 164.6%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 184 HP / 4 Def Rotom-W: 144.94 - 171.08%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 146.35 - 172.65%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 146.81 - 172.85%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 146.4 - 173.2%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 149.38 - 175.61%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 149.84 - 176.16%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 149.84 - 176.16%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 154.42 - 181.51%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 153.89 - 182.24%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 156.48 - 183.64%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 163.88 - 193.25%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 171.9 - 204.13%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 174.53 - 205.9%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Cloyster: 186.72 - 219.91%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 193.51 - 227.09%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 194.25 - 227.96%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 204.68 - 241.25%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 248.1 - 292.42%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gastrodon: 283.09 - 334.5%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 160 HP / 36 Def Gastrodon: 283.87 - 336.72%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 32 Def Dugtrio: 343.6 - 404.26%

Also i should mention that you outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion, who are common on opposing Sun teams. Terrakion is a major threat to sun teams, so you need have a Pokemon tocheck this threat. Plus even if you manage to get a +1 from growth and your opponent changes the weather on you, Victreebel can KO all versions of Politoed, no questions ask.

I hoped I helped and good luck with your team.

Does Victini learn Morning Sun? (O.o)

I've cross checked most databases with a Pokemon's available moves and haven't found where it learns Morning Sun.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Yeah, my bad. I edited my post.

For some reason, I randomly decided out of nowhere that it learned Morning Sun. I'm not sure what was going on in my head. I was thinking about Espeon and somehow crossed it over, lol. Anyway, the edited posts depicts reasons why both Brick Break and Sunny Day are useful. In summary, Brick Break hits TTar and Heatran which are huge enemies to Sun teams, while Sunny Day allows you to play around Toed and TTar much more easily. If you lose the weather war, you can have manual sun to play around with as well.

Hey Usatoday, I like this little Sun Trick Room team you have. I'm only going to make one suggestion for your team.

I feel that you need a better abuser of Chlorophyll. Now the reason why I say this is because, Shiftry is very vulnerable to Mach Punch from Conkeldurr and the ever so popular Swords dance breloom that they will stop your sweep. Plus your team is alreay weak to STAB fighting types like those two threats. Now you have Sucker Punch as proirty but neither of those threats I mention are going to be taking serious damage. I suggest you switch out Shiftry for Growth Victreebel.

This set I recommend

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
EVs:120 Atk / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Growth
Leaf Blade
Sludge Bomb
Weather Ball

Here are some calucations of Mixed Growth After one Growth from Victreebel

+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Ninetales: 50 - 59.14%
120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 50.47 - 59.87%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 50.97 - 60.06%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 152 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 51.03 - 60.17%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 52.48 - 61.7%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Dragonite: 52.59 - 61.91%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 54.67 - 64.56%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 55.95 - 66.06%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 56.06 - 66.3%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 57.28 - 67.54%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 57.6 - 68%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 57.7 - 68.37%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Reuniclus: 58.01 - 68.39%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 236+ Def Tentacruel: 57.96 - 68.68%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Reuniclus: 58.25 - 68.86%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 192 HP / 52 SpD Venusaur: 58.45 - 69.34%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 160 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 59.25 - 70.08%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 62.6 - 73.91%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 62.88 - 74.22%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 192 HP / 64 Def Reuniclus: 62.83 - 74.32%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 240 Def Tentacruel: 63.46 - 75%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 63.35 - 75.19%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 65.25 - 77.03%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 65.89 - 77.81%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 66.55 - 78.13%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Salamence: 66.24 - 78.17%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 66.66 - 78.7%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Dragonite: 66.87 - 78.94%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 66.87 - 78.94%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 66.88 - 79.09%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Blissey: 67.17 - 79.14%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 120 HP / 136 SpD Conkeldurr: 66.92 - 79.26%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 128 HP / 128 SpD Conkeldurr: 67.1 - 79.37%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 136 HP / 0 SpD Ninetales: 67.28 - 79.43%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Hippowdon: 67.38 - 80.47%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 71.52 - 84.43%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 176 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 71.73 - 84.53%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Venusaur: 71.76 - 84.71%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 72.08 - 85.27%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 88 Def Gyarados: 73.11 - 86.1%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Donphan: 73.69 - 87.23%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Conkeldurr: 74.39 - 87.68%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ninetales: 75.26 - 88.85%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus: 75.86 - 89.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 75.86 - 89.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 75.86 - 89.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Gyarados: 77.97 - 91.88%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 78.59 - 92.97%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Celebi: 79.2 - 93.31%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 80.36 - 95.46%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4+ Def Hippowdon: 83.57 - 98.33%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus-T: 87 - 102.66%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Salamence: 87.31 - 103.02%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Tornadus-T: 87.95 - 103.34%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Hippowdon: 92.99 - 109.9%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vaporeon: 94.38 - 111.23%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 95.69 - 112.91%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Infernape: 97.61 - 115.01%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 97.27 - 115.3%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Infernape: 97.61 - 115.69%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Haxorus: 98.29 - 115.98%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 98.17 - 116.4%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Espeon: 99.1 - 117.06%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Politoed: 99.47 - 117.7%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Espeon: 99.7 - 117.96%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Jellicent: 102.48 - 120.59%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 104.68 - 123.74%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Abomasnow: 106.25 - 126.04%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 244 HP / 136+ Def Vaporeon: 108 - 127.27%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 107.36 - 127.36%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 232 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 108.27 - 127.81%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Infernape: 109.21 - 128.32%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 220 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 109.09 - 128.78%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 176 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 112.2 - 132.46%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 119.29 - 141.52%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jolteon: 122.14 - 144.28%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jolteon: 122.87 - 145.38%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 212 Def Vaporeon: 124.43 - 146.63%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 126.31 - 149.12%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Cloyster: 133.99 - 157.42%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 188 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 134.23 - 158.96%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 135.71 - 160.71%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 137.29 - 163.03%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 236 HP / 212+ SpD Breloom: 139.06 - 164.06%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 36 Def Jellicent: 139.6 - 164.6%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 184 HP / 4 Def Rotom-W: 144.94 - 171.08%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 146.35 - 172.65%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mamoswine: 146.81 - 172.85%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mamoswine: 146.4 - 173.2%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 149.38 - 175.61%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 149.84 - 176.16%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 149.84 - 176.16%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Jellicent: 154.42 - 181.51%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 153.89 - 182.24%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 156.48 - 183.64%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 163.88 - 193.25%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 171.9 - 204.13%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Politoed: 174.53 - 205.9%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Cloyster: 186.72 - 219.91%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 193.51 - 227.09%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 194.25 - 227.96%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 204.68 - 241.25%
+1 136 SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 248.1 - 292.42%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gastrodon: 283.09 - 334.5%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 160 HP / 36 Def Gastrodon: 283.87 - 336.72%
+1 120 Atk Life Orb Victreebel Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 32 Def Dugtrio: 343.6 - 404.26%

Also i should mention that you outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion, who are common on opposing Sun teams. Terrakion is a major threat to sun teams, so you need have a Pokemon tocheck this threat. Plus even if you manage to get a +1 from growth and your opponent changes the weather on you, Victreebel can KO all versions of Politoed, no questions ask.

I hoped I helped and good luck with your team.
Honestly I use shiftry more for wallbreaking purposes than I do set up sweeping however im considering changing heatrans set to a scarf tran and getting rid of eruption and replacing reuniclus with latias for a bit more speed thoughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)