We Are Not Alone - Peaked #1810

You know my name
You know my face
You'd know my heart
If you knew my place
I'll walk straight down
As far as I can go ~​

WE ARE NOT ALONE – a BW2 RMT by Dwayne

Hey everyone! I've recently been urged to write an RMT about my rain team, something that I've always wanted to do but never had the time- and now because exams are over and I’ve pretty much nothing else to do, here it is:

This team was made about two weeks ago when I was first introduced to Meloetta and I fell in love with it almost immediately. It is one of the most underrated and a very hard pokemon to use especially the Relic Mix set. With its wide movepool of support and offense, access to an alternate form with Close Combat and the fact the pokemon itself can cover its weakness by changing forms meant I had to try it. And I don't regret that decision.
This team is modeled after one of my personal favorite albums - We Are Not Alone, by Breaking Benjamin. One of the songs that it's famous for is Rain and because this was a Rain team, I decided to connect the two concepts. Just so you guys know I ladder for a day with this team on PS and reached upto 1810.

Relatively short team building process: (please do read for better understanding)​

Meldeo started the team. It was a decent offensive core, sporting two 'mixed' attackers (remember Secret Sword hits defense and Close Combat ) with decent speed. They also had near perfect synergy- Keldeo could take the numerous U-Turns and Crunches with its x2 resistance to both. Meloetta, on the other hand, could take Psychic and Psyshock pretty decently with its natural base 128 Special Defence.

After Meldeo, Ferrothorn joined the group as the hazard setter of my choice. He set rocks, and Leech Seed while also providing the ability to induce status in the form of Thunder Wace. His great bulk and weakened fire resistance in rain allowed it to act as the wall of the team. It also became my main answer Gastrodon and patched up keldeo’s grass weakness.

Now, we needed some more firepower. Meloetta and Keldeo were outstanding attackers, but they weren't exactly powerful enough to sweep whole teams. The team needed not a strong attacker. Tornadus-T was chosen not because it hit hard with Hurricane. It fit in snugly. Its typing also allowed it to take ground type moves.

Now, defensively, my special side was lacking. Sub CM Jirachi, was my choice of a special wall as well as a set up sweeper. It was even better at setting up than CM Meloetta, and could act as a go-to special wall as well. Its ability to set up on a lot of the pokemon that wall it was also a great factor too. After seeing people rage quit on SubCM Jirachi numerous times during matches, I knew it would work well.

Finally, Defensive Politoed was added. The rain let Jirachi use the more powerful and more haxful Thunder as its main weapon of attack. It also lessened Jirachi and Ferrothorn’s fire weakness, added another weapon against sun, Boosted Hurricane’s accuracy for Tornadus-T and acted as a bulky physical wall that also spread status and locked set up sweepers into their set up moves. Scald burns eased up a lot of prediction. Politoed's typing also helped a bunch, tanking ice beams for Tornadus-T. Toxic Protect Stall set was used to spread status as stall out other mons.

After some consideration and advice given by the smogon raters, sadly, meloetta had to leave the team but it did not leave in vain as its replacement is the another underrated set which strikes fear in the heart of its opponents once it sets up. The beast by the name of Landorus-T enters the team as a rampaging beast providing an electric resist and countering a few of the teams problems not to mention being an unstoppable sweeper after set up.

Descriptions

To lie here under you,
Is all that I could ever do,
To lie here under you is all,
To lie here under you is all that i could ever do,
To lie here under you is all ~

Rain (Politoed) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Politoed is obviously essential to my team, since it does rely quite heavily on Rain for it to be effective. In choosing Politoed for my team, I knew that I wanted to use the physically defensive set with toxic protect so that I could win weather wars such as against Sun. Politoed is the teams primary wall. Scald for general STAB boosted with Rain as well as crippling any physical attackers with a burn, Toxic to cripple Quagsire and Gastrodon, both common switch in’s to Politoed, and protect to stall out pokemon thus increasing toxic damage. Perish Song to ruin baton pass chains and stop set up sweepers before they can cause significant damage such as Toxicroak, Dragonite and Rachi. It's really obvious why I chose to name Politoed the way it is- it brings Rain, what else.

Show me how it ends it's alright
Show me how defenseless you really are
satisfied and empty inside
Well, that's alright, let's give this another try ~

So Cold (Landorus-Therian) @ Muscle Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus-T is commonly viewed as a bulky pivot that can set up Stealth Rock and gain momentum through U-turn. The sweeping part is typically done by his other forme, Landorus. However, Landorus-T has one huge thing going for it, namely its sky-high base 145 Attack stat. With Intimidate in hand, it can set up in the face of a plethora of physical threats. These include unboosted Scarf Salamence, Dragonite, and Terrakion. Landorus-T can easily get a Rock Polish set up and destroy entire teams through its offensive strength. Offensive teams will often struggle against this set after a Rock Polish thanks to the strong attacking power it has. It also has solid coverage in the form of Edge-Quake along with great Defense to take most priority move comfortably aside from an Ice Shard. Swords Dance is oriented towards slower and more defensive teams in which it can break through walls after +2. Even strong physical tanks such as Hippowdon and Skamory fear this beast after +2, being 2HKOed rather easily. Muscle Band gives you a bit more power and allows an immediate Rock Polish to be more threatening. Landorus-T provides a lot of resistances to the team including but not limited to Terrakion and Sand and Sun teams in general as well as a fighting resist and another ground type resist.
So Cold is the only song which comes to my mind when im thinking of this Therian. If allowed to get both its boost up virtually everything is 2HKO'ed and ice shard is the only feared move after set up which the rest of my team handles effectively.

Sooner or later you're gonna hate it
Go ahead and throw your life away
Driving me under, leaving me out there
Go ahead and throw your life away ~

Sooner or Later (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power Ice
- Superpower
- U-Turn

Bird is the word. Tornadus.-T joins the team as a rampaging tailed bird. This is the main destroyer on my team. Like Meloetta, this thing doesn’t need to set up in order to the threatening. Usually I just spam Hurricane and kill shit fairly easily. Thundurus-T is actually fairly important on this team, since it turns the tables mid-game into a mindgame if my opponent has Jolteon, Rotom W or a Thundurus. It’s also a decent answer to stall teams, since with a little bit of prior damage, it can clean sweep nuke down the stall team, crippling special walls. The best part is, even when im facing an offensive team, I can abuse my excellent 129 base speed and pretty much kill everything with a LO boosted Hurricane. 56 attack investment insures that I can KO Tyranitar with a kife orb boosted Superpower thus surprising the opponent and winning the weather war. On a practical level, Tornadus-T is also pretty important as a fighting resist and provides ground immunity.
Sooner or Later is the perfect song to describe the legendary bird as it likely to single handedly ruin teams once the rain is up and Sooner or Later you all gonna hate it as It will be the sole reason for your loss.

Don't tread the water
Just stay still
I'll not be bothered
By you until
I'm picking sides
And pulling the strings
I'm living lies
And shedding the skin ~

Believe (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my teams secondary physical wall and acts as my teams mixed wall. The moveset goes like this. Firstly, I had Power Whip for STAB against waters, I don’t use it often but even without investment it does a heavy ton to any water type. Stealth Rock is Stealth Rock which every half decent team needs, I need it to cripple all the SR weak pokes in this metagame to name but a few such as Dragonite and the Therians. Leech Seed is a partial recovery move making sure that the opponent is losing HP while trying to take me down. T-wave is my only direct status move crippling faster pokemons making them easier for one of my other sweepers to deal with. Ferrothorn serves as my best check to powerful water moves as well as taking Electric Attacks. It gives me a dragon resist, which is fairly nice, and it just fills so many holes on my team, so I am pretty happy with it.
You only need to read a part of the lyrics to understand why I named Ferrothorn after the song Believe. This steel type monster will not bother taking any hits in the rain and can wall half the physical sweepers in this metagame with its fire weakness toned down in the rain.

How can I believe when this cloud hangs over me
You're the part of me that I don't wanna see
Forget it ~

Forget It (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder

I don’t need to tell you anything as everyone knows how powerful and dangerous this set is. After a Calm Mind, it has more bulk than its Specially Defensive counterpart- and has a lot more offense and speed as well. Once it gets safely behind a Substitute against your specially attacking wall / tank ang gets a few CM’s up it pretty much game over at that point. Jirachi's typing and stats give it so many opportunities to set up. With max speed and max HP, it can outspeed Genesect, and tie with Salamence. It can make Substitutes not even Blissey/Chansey can break in one hit.Not only that thanks to Calm Mind it can tank many neutral hits with ease. Thunder is an extremely powerful move in the rain which thanks to serene grace now has a 60% chance to paralyze opponents pokes thus making it easier for my other sweepers to clean up. Jirachi serves as my main check to Tornadus-T. I chose to run Psyshock over Water Pulse so that Gastrodon and Amoonguss can’t outright wall me.
Forget it is apt song for Sub CM Rachi as once it has effectively set up you can forget about winning the match as its pretty much gg at the point as behind a sub with a few Calm Minds under its belt means that nothing can completely counter this set and it laughs over Specially Defensive Rachi who can’t touch the Sub CM set.

You fought me once but not again
You let me feel your heavy hand
I will clean your fucking mess
And leave no trace of evidence ~

Break My Fall (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ice
- Surf

Keldeo, my teams revenge killer and late game sweeper. Under Rain, Hydro Pump hits hard on a lot of things, and it’s pretty successful at sweeping late game. I usually use Keldeo as a cleaner, since its going to outspeed pretty much everything late game, and Secret Sword / Hydro Pump is strong enough to take out weakened targets late game. As mentioned before Keldeo also happens to be my revenge killer KO’ing faster threats when a scarf set isn’t expected. The moveset goes like this. Firstly, Hydro Pump is a STAB powerful water type move used in rain to KO anything that doesn’t resist it. Secret Sword is a STAB powerful fighting type move which hits defense OHKO’ing blissey and making Keldeo a mixed sweeper. The last 2 slots are not used as much. HP ice helps deal with dragons better making them easier to deal with while Surf is a powerful water type STAB which I use when I can’t afford a Hydro Pump miss. This Pony is not to be underestimated and had once turned a 3-1 loss situation to a win situation for me so this just goes to show you the power a pony can wield.
Break My Fall is the only song which comes to my mind when I think about Keldeo because that is exactly what it does late game changing a loss situation to a win situation for me and acts as a very powerful sweeper in the rain.

ONE LAST LOOK

Thanks for taking time off for reading this RMT. Be sure to give your comments and suggestions as I will take most of your suggestions into consideration and if you like the team be sure to click the like button on the top right and give me that luvdisc!

Currently working on the following changes: [recently added so do comment on these]

1)Taunt over U-Turn on Tornadus-T
reason: Once Torandus-T comes in it usually stays in and i have Hidden Power Ice for Lati's anyways.

2)Leftovers over Muscle Band on Landorus-T
reason: Currently i fake this as my choiced pokemon with the use of Muscle band. Leftovers provides a form of recovery and fakes a defensive pivot set.

3)A spread of 252 HP / 212 Def / 4 SAtk / 40 SpDef on politoed
reason: For a more mixed wall as compared to a fully physical wall on the toed.

4)Toxic over Hydro Pump on Keldeo-R
reason: TBH out of all the times i used hydro pump its only hit 1/10 times costing me matches and thats starting to annoy me a lot.

Importable:
Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Landorus-Therian @ Muscle Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power Ice
- Superpower
- U-Turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunder

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ice
- Surf

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Dwayne,

What a shame that nobody comments this team :)

You ask, I come, but I must admit this was pretty hard for me to patch the weakness I saw. First because there aren't many, and second because they are tough to change.

For the weaknesses :

- I think Latias walls a too large part of your team, only Keldeo can hit it hard enough, and Tornadus-T U-Turn, but that's not a move you can really spam.

- The balanced Sand teams will give you some troubles. For instance a SDef Hippowdon can switch in anything in your team bar your scarfer. Tornadus-T can't 2HKO it most of the time with Hurricane, provided you hit twice already :\
Meloetta Psychic is not hitting him hard enough at all. So he will eventually come pretty freely and switch the weather. Your team don't like fighting too much for its weather and is pretty dependent.

- A SubSalak Terrakion seems really annoying if he set-up somewhere (a Keldeo locked in HP Ice for instance... seems a mere thing? don't you remember that it's the only move you got to hit Dragons like Latias ! so it shouldn't be too hard for him to find a room like this !). Since after a SD and a +Spe he kills everybody, and you need to rely on a tie with Keldeo. Well obviously it's Terrakion, you need to be aware of that but there isn't much you can do.
Basically he Sub, you switch to someone who can kill it, he keep using Sub, he gets the +Spe, SD when you kill the sub and sweep the whole team.

The first weaknesses come from on single yet crucial thing.
Meloetta and Jirachi roles collaspe with each other too much. I'd get rid of Meloetta, sadly :\

Why keep Jirachi and leave Meloetta ?

Jirachi is better in my opinion for the pressure he can put straight. Meloetta wastes a moveslot for Relic Song, and fails to threaten all the stuff she would like to threat because of the one turn delay to switch forms (basically a Volt-Turn strategy is better to keep the tempo while switching offensive power).
Moreover, Jirachi defensive typing and stats are far better, which make Meloetta a less reliable bulky sweeper. As you said, Meloetta relies on the prediction to work out, that's why I would keep Jirachi for all the things he actually brings to the team (it's a huge asset, able to dismantle opposing Rain Teams, what Meloetta can't really do).

So, I see only one pokemon that could patch these weaknesses at once :

@

Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable

What can he do against Latias ?

He can survive a Dragon Pulse from the LO version and attack back with Shadow Ball. Obviously this is a speed tie, however he can still work as a security net, dealing ~75% on Latias with Shadow Ball.
This means that if the opposing Latias got 75% or less, he will be forced to run away. Your team also run a Jirachi with Thunder and a Ferrothorn with Thunder Wave, you got a decent chance to have this Latias paralysed, hence unable to beat Gengar.

What can he do against Hippowdon ?

Basically it all depends on the moves Hippowdon is running. If he only has Earthquake as attack he will have to Roar you away or to switch. In both case you can get some damage on his pokemons.
If he has Ice Fang, it's even easier, you just have to Disable it and he's forced to switch away, leaving you a free turn to Substitute and see how you can deal with the new pokemon facing you.

What can he do against Terrakion ?

As I said, the version giving you troubles is the SubSalak one.
You just need to get a Substitute up to scout the Stone Edge, then Disable it. It is a sure way to shut down a Terrakion, who will be forced to switch away. Moreover you can kill him with Focus Blast, but it's better to Disable Stone Edge after you Substitute, because else he can spam Substitute untill he gets the +Spe and kill you right after.

I hope that I helped, good luck, that's all I got.

TL;DR :
Sub/Disable Gengar > Meloetta

Neliel

Sacred Sword
The first thing i noticed about this team is that sunny teams are problematic, politoed is your best switch-in to ninetales but since it has will-o-wisp you will have a politoed burned for the rest of the match, which sucks, ninetales also has sunny day making Venusaur even more threatening.

Another thing that i noticed is that any set of terrakion can be threatening: your only fight type resistor, tornadus-t, is crippled by Stone edge, meaning that you can not switch-in safely to it. Other fighting types like Breloom or keldeo can also be problematic. Tornadus cant be considered as a check of breloom because it cannot switch into it, since otherwhise it get spored, and the same is for keldeo, it can spam the right stab move to murder all your pokemon.

I also have to say that you are somewhat weak to eletric pokemon, you only have one resistance but ferrothorn cant do much anyway to Thundurus due to focus blast, it can not switch-in safely into magnezone because it can have Substitute, and also Rotom-w can burn Ferrothorn making it more threatening.

I also see a weakness to Rock polish Landorus: it can find a chance to setup if your keldeo is locked into secret sword or against Jirachi and Ferrothorn, then sweep you completely with Earth power, Hidden power ice and Focus blast.

A quick fix would be to put Orb Latias instead of Meloetta.
Latias here help with all the things i mentioned, being a nice switch-in for Ninetales since drago meteor will do a ton to it, it provides a nice check to Terrakion, Breloom and Keldeo and other fighting types in general, it also resists eletric, and its a nice check to Rotom-w, Thundurus and Magnezone. It can also take a hit from sheer force Landorus and ko in return with surf.
I know that you will lose the star of the team, but i dont even think that meloetta is that effective, relic song is not that good because you risk to be koed while you do this move, and the coverage is not even that good anyway...

If you think that Ninetales is still a problem you can put Refresh somewhere on Politoed, probably instead of Protect, but thats optional. I would also try Taunt instead of Hidden power ice on Tornadus because its a nice move to prevent something like Ferrothorn to setup Stealth rock, as well as preventing slow pokemon to use recover or to try to status Tornadus. I also think you should use the standard evs spread on Tornadus-t, tyranitar can have chople berry anyway so putting those evs into attack its useless.

Latias set:
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Tornadus set:
Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Taunt

Tl;dr:
Latias > Meloetta
Taunt> Hp ice
252 / 252 over your current spread

Hey!

This looks like a pretty classic Rain team to me, so it's obviously solid. I don't like how unreliable Meloetta is though. If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to hit Relic Song to become the fighting version, and that means you're going to have to predict. Normal Meloetta's move pool is pretty small though, so it's going to be hard to force any switches. The other big issue, is you'll have a really difficult time switching into Sand teams. A common combo of Rotom-w and Tyranitar/Hippowdon is going to give you tons of trouble because they'll wall your entire team.

First off, I think you really need to switch Meloetta. It's a creative touch, but I don't think it's the best option for your team. In my mind, you really should something that gives Sand a lot of trouble. My suggestion for you is to try Double Dance Landorus-t. It's the boss. Aside from Stone Edge's accuracy issues, Landorus-t is such a huge threat. It scares off Pokemon like Tyranitar. It can switch into Hippowdon with ease. You can destroy Special walls like Gastrodon, which would give you some problems right now as it is. Also, since you have Ferrothorn, you can easily bluff Stealth Rock with Landorus-t and get a free boost and open up a match. It's a very good, underrated Pokemon.

Next, I've got some smaller changes for you.

Drop Perish Song on Politoed in favor of Ice Beam. Perish Song is becoming more and more out-dated as it is. Last Pokemon Reuniclus isn't really an issue for your team, and if something like Toxicroak set up once, it can set up again. Ice Beam will give you options against stuff like Dragonite, Latios, Salamence, and other Pokemon that think they can set up for free.

After that, I'd highly recommend Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn instead of Thunder Wave. Leech Seed and Thunder Wave are a tad redundant in my experience. Most Pokemon either can't do anything to Ferro or they completely force it to switch. So basically, if you have time to Thunder Wave and Leech Seed another Pokemon, they're not going to beat Ferro anyway. I like Leech Seed for the extra health, but if you think TWave is good, then drop Leech Seed. Gyro Ball will help you vs. Lati@s and Tornadus-t a lot. Terrakion and crew can't switch in safely either.

For your consideration, maybe give Jirachi Flash Cannon. I've been using that recently because it's a very solid move. Slams Ttar and gives you a decent option vs. Hippowdon. Psyshock and Flash Cannon both have their pros and cons, so if you're unsatisfied with Psyshock, definitely try FC.

Finally, possibly try Toxic instead of Hydro Pump on Keldeo. A little strange you might think, but it's not a bad option at all. You know how Jellicent, Lati@s, and Gastrodon love to try and wall Keldeo? Well with one well timed Toxic, you're pretty much free of all of them. The rest of your Pokemon will have an easy time getting past them as Toxic wears them down.

Good luck!

Hi Dwayne,

What a shame that nobody comments this team :)

You ask, I come, but I must admit this was pretty hard for me to patch the weakness I saw. First because there aren't many, and second because they are tough to change.

For the weaknesses :

- I think Latias walls a too large part of your team, only Keldeo can hit it hard enough, and Tornadus-T U-Turn, but that's not a move you can really spam.

- The balanced Sand teams will give you some troubles. For instance a SDef Hippowdon can switch in anything in your team bar your scarfer. Tornadus-T can't 2HKO it most of the time with Hurricane, provided you hit twice already :\
Meloetta Psychic is not hitting him hard enough at all. So he will eventually come pretty freely and switch the weather. Your team don't like fighting too much for its weather and is pretty dependent.

- A SubSalak Terrakion seems really annoying if he set-up somewhere (a Keldeo locked in HP Ice for instance... seems a mere thing? don't you remember that it's the only move you got to hit Dragons like Latias ! so it shouldn't be too hard for him to find a room like this !). Since after a SD and a +Spe he kills everybody, and you need to rely on a tie with Keldeo. Well obviously it's Terrakion, you need to be aware of that but there isn't much you can do.
Basically he Sub, you switch to someone who can kill it, he keep using Sub, he gets the +Spe, SD when you kill the sub and sweep the whole team.

The first weaknesses come from on single yet crucial thing.
Meloetta and Jirachi roles collaspe with each other too much. I'd get rid of Meloetta, sadly :\

Why keep Jirachi and leave Meloetta ?

So, I see only one pokemon that could patch these weaknesses at once :

@

Timid Nature
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Disable

What can he do against Latias ?

What can he do against Hippowdon ?

What can he do against Terrakion ?

I hope that I helped, good luck, that's all I got.

TL;DR :
Sub/Disable Gengar > Meloetta
The first thing i noticed about this team is that sunny teams are problematic, politoed is your best switch-in to ninetales but since it has will-o-wisp you will have a politoed burned for the rest of the match, which sucks, ninetales also has sunny day making Venusaur even more threatening.

Another thing that i noticed is that any set of terrakion can be threatening: your only fight type resistor, tornadus-t, is crippled by Stone edge, meaning that you can not switch-in safely to it. Other fighting types like Breloom or keldeo can also be problematic. Tornadus cant be considered as a check of breloom because it cannot switch into it, since otherwhise it get spored, and the same is for keldeo, it can spam the right stab move to murder all your pokemon.

I also have to say that you are somewhat weak to eletric pokemon, you only have one resistance but ferrothorn cant do much anyway to Thundurus due to focus blast, it can not switch-in safely into magnezone because it can have Substitute, and also Rotom-w can burn Ferrothorn making it more threatening.

I also see a weakness to Rock polish Landorus: it can find a chance to setup if your keldeo is locked into secret sword or against Jirachi and Ferrothorn, then sweep you completely with Earth power, Hidden power ice and Focus blast.

A quick fix would be to put Orb Latias instead of Meloetta.
Latias here help with all the things i mentioned, being a nice switch-in for Ninetales since drago meteor will do a ton to it, it provides a nice check to Terrakion, Breloom and Keldeo and other fighting types in general, it also resists eletric, and its a nice check to Rotom-w, Thundurus and Magnezone. It can also take a hit from sheer force Landorus and ko in return with surf.
I know that you will lose the star of the team, but i dont even think that meloetta is that effective, relic song is not that good because you risk to be koed while you do this move, and the coverage is not even that good anyway...

If you think that Ninetales is still a problem you can put Refresh somewhere on Politoed, probably instead of Protect, but thats optional. I would also try Taunt instead of Hidden power ice on Tornadus because its a nice move to prevent something like Ferrothorn to setup Stealth rock, as well as preventing slow pokemon to use recover or to try to status Tornadus. I also think you should use the standard evs spread on Tornadus-t, tyranitar can have chople berry anyway so putting those evs into attack its useless.

Latias set:
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Recover

Tornadus set:
Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Taunt

Tl;dr:
Latias > Meloetta
Taunt> Hp ice
252 / 252 over your current spread
Hey!

This looks like a pretty classic Rain team to me, so it's obviously solid. I don't like how unreliable Meloetta is though. If I'm not mistaken, you'll need to hit Relic Song to become the fighting version, and that means you're going to have to predict. Normal Meloetta's move pool is pretty small though, so it's going to be hard to force any switches. The other big issue, is you'll have a really difficult time switching into Sand teams. A common combo of Rotom-w and Tyranitar/Hippowdon is going to give you tons of trouble because they'll wall your entire team.

First off, I think you really need to switch Meloetta. It's a creative touch, but I don't think it's the best option for your team. In my mind, you really should something that gives Sand a lot of trouble. My suggestion for you is to try Double Dance Landorus-t. It's the boss. Aside from Stone Edge's accuracy issues, Landorus-t is such a huge threat. It scares off Pokemon like Tyranitar. It can switch into Hippowdon with ease. You can destroy Special walls like Gastrodon, which would give you some problems right now as it is. Also, since you have Ferrothorn, you can easily bluff Stealth Rock with Landorus-t and get a free boost and open up a match. It's a very good, underrated Pokemon.

Next, I've got some smaller changes for you.

Drop Perish Song on Politoed in favor of Ice Beam. Perish Song is becoming more and more out-dated as it is. Last Pokemon Reuniclus isn't really an issue for your team, and if something like Toxicroak set up once, it can set up again. Ice Beam will give you options against stuff like Dragonite, Latios, Salamence, and other Pokemon that think they can set up for free.

After that, I'd highly recommend Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn instead of Thunder Wave. Leech Seed and Thunder Wave are a tad redundant in my experience. Most Pokemon either can't do anything to Ferro or they completely force it to switch. So basically, if you have time to Thunder Wave and Leech Seed another Pokemon, they're not going to beat Ferro anyway. I like Leech Seed for the extra health, but if you think TWave is good, then drop Leech Seed. Gyro Ball will help you vs. Lati@s and Tornadus-t a lot. Terrakion and crew can't switch in safely either.

For your consideration, maybe give Jirachi Flash Cannon. I've been using that recently because it's a very solid move. Slams Ttar and gives you a decent option vs. Hippowdon. Psyshock and Flash Cannon both have their pros and cons, so if you're unsatisfied with Psyshock, definitely try FC.

Finally, possibly try Toxic instead of Hydro Pump on Keldeo. A little strange you might think, but it's not a bad option at all. You know how Jellicent, Lati@s, and Gastrodon love to try and wall Keldeo? Well with one well timed Toxic, you're pretty much free of all of them. The rest of your Pokemon will have an easy time getting past them as Toxic wears them down.

Good luck!
Thanks for the rate guys. It helped a lot. Now lets get into them individually.

@Remedy: Thanks a lot for the rate. Your rate started it all and without it i probably wouldn't have got any other rates so thumbs up for that. As suggested i tried Sub-Disable gengar over Meloetta to patch up the weaknesses you mentioned. Though Sub Disable gengar is a bitch (trust me i know) its a bit too frail for my liking and doesn't help much against sun teams though it does counter the weaknesses that you mentioned. Thanks once again :)

@Neliel Tu Oderschvank: Thanks a lot for the rate. Thanks to you i realised the sun and electric weakness that you mentioned. As suggested i tried out Latias which is a more improved Meloetta in a way with more resistances. Latias would have definately been a team member had undisputed not suggested Landorus Therian which is a better counter to Sun teams and electric type moves and also a good answer to Sand teams. Now coming to your second suggestion i've decided to stick with my spread over the standard as i still need superpower to hit common switch ins to Tornadus-T such as heatran and T-Tar. However, i am going to try Taunt on Tornadus-T as Hazards are starting to become a big problem for the team. Thanks once again :)

@Undisputed: Thanks a lot for the rate. Landorus-Therian is just what the team needed. It is a great set up sweeper and intimidate is very useful and i get the electric resist. Usually a single dance is all i need to start damaging pokes depending on the other team but if i get dual dance up with him Landorus-T is unstoppable unless you have an ice sharder left. Coming to the smaller changes i'm still testing Ice beam over Perish Song and it seems to work out pretty well. I dont know about you but T-wave + Leech Seed is a combo which works really well for me so im not giving that up just yet. I'll go into the details of that combo later when i have time. I'd rather have Psyshock over Flash Cannon to deal with Dedicated special walls so that i can hit their physical side for considerable damage. Im still testing Toxic on Keldeo over Hydro Pump as the miss is really starting to annoy me costing quite a few matches late game (you'd think Hydro Pump would have perfect accuracy in rain but Game Freak is too smart for us). Thanks once again :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)