5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Thanks. So now that I'm calibrated, I'm trying to do TID/SID abuse. I found a seed, generated a TID/SID combination, and now I'm trying to find my initial frame. Every time I do it, though, no valid initial frame pops up.

Is that because I haven't hit my most probable timer0 value yet, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm having an issue with RNG Reporter where I can't click the "send results to profile" button after getting the IV's for the pokemon is there any way I can fix this issue

Have you actually found a value? Try the seconds around the the second you are aiming for. I for example always press the buttons too early, resulting in my actual seconds being one below the timer settings (Target second 20, the actual second I am hitting is 19).

Also: Does anyone know how I can search for seeds over hundreds of years? I don't like to enter the year every time.

If I perform a system update on my 3DS XL (currently running version 4.1.0-8U), is there any chance that my B2/W2 parameters for that system will change?

Thanks. So now that I'm calibrated, I'm trying to do TID/SID abuse. I found a seed, generated a TID/SID combination, and now I'm trying to find my initial frame. Every time I do it, though, no valid initial frame pops up in Pandora's Box.

Is that because I haven't hit my most probable timer0 value yet, or am I doing something wrong?
New page.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
so there's no way to rng a shiny starter without having got the parameters before you restart
Start a new game and calibrate. Then delete your file and start over for the shiny starter.

If I perform a system update on my 3DS XL (currently running version 4.1.0-8U), is there any chance that my B2/W2 parameters for that system will change?
I guess it's possible but I've never seen it so I doubt it will.

Thanks. So now that I'm calibrated, I'm trying to do TID/SID abuse. I found a seed, generated a TID/SID combination, and now I'm trying to find my initial frame. Every time I do it, though, no valid initial frame pops up.

Finding the initial frame isn't really unnecessary because RNG Reporter's calculations of initial frames are 100% accurate. Just find a seed and start trying to hit it. When you miss it means you're on the wrong timer0 or counted incorrectly for advances.

Hello, I am a first time poster although I've been using Smogon for years now. I started RNGing on B2 yesterday and already have a flawless/shiny Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Azelf, and Mesprit. The Cobalion was the trickiest one so far, the WNPC advanced the frame by 9. Is that normal? My main question is to those that have successfully RNG'd Uxie, how many frames did the WNPCs advance?

The Zorua given to you by one of the Sages would be considered stationary or gift?

Also is it able to be shiny, and I'm assuming the Scraggy running in circles will be a pain in my side when doing the PIDRNG frame advances?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello, I am a first time poster although I've been using Smogon for years now. I started RNGing on B2 yesterday and already have a flawless/shiny Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Azelf, and Mesprit. The Cobalion was the trickiest one so far, the WNPC advanced the frame by 9. Is that normal? My main question is to those that have successfully RNG'd Uxie, how many frames did the WNPCs advance?
NPC advancements are different for every person, because it depends on their position when you last saved and also what seed you're using. When I did Uxie they advanced around 20 frames IIRC, but you'll have to figure out the exact number for your own setup.
The Zorua given to you by one of the Sages would be considered stationary or gift?

Also is it able to be shiny, and I'm assuming the Scraggy running in circles will be a pain in my side when doing the PIDRNG frame advances?
N's Zorua? It's always 30/30/30/30/30/30 Hasty, and the ID/SID/PID are also static so it can't be shiny either.

However, anything that a NPC gives you that can be RNG'd would be a gift, it's only a stationary if you battle it.

N's Zorua? It's always 30/30/30/30/30/30 Hasty, and the ID/SID/PID are also static so it can't be shiny either.

However, anything that a NPC gives you that can be RNG'd would be a gift, it's only a stationary if you battle it.
Um not sure it's the one given to you by one of the seven sages in Driftveil City, it might be N's Zorua. I might have missed that detail since I tend to button mash A while talking with NPC's lol story line is never relevant to me. But if that IS N's Zorua, that sucks.

Good to know on the whole gift/stationary distinguishing factor.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear

Voodoo already covered the Zorua part, bu for future reference, anything that moves in a set pattern doesn't advance the PIDRNG. Generally it's a good idea to check out where you're RNGing to see if there is anyone that moves in an unpredictable pattern, and if so, then they'll advance the PIDRNG.

Voodoo already covered the Zorua part, bu for future reference, anything that moves in a set pattern doesn't advance the PIDRNG. Generally it's a good idea to check out where you're RNGing to see if there is anyone that moves in an unpredictable pattern, and if so, then they'll advance the PIDRNG.
Ah! I was under the impression that anything that moved advanced it. So anything like trainers that move in a set pattern like the ones that walk up and down and turn won't advance it. Good to know. Thanks for that.

While Starly's evolutions have a DW ability, Starly itself actually doesn't. You will never be able to RNG breed for a DW Starly. You will have to RNG a Staravia in Entralink.

That isn't entirely true. While Starly does not have a DW Ability, if you hit the right frame when you get the egg (and fulfilled all necessary requirements to breed a DW ability onto it), it will evolve into a Staravia with the ability Reckless.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
That isn't entirely true. While Starly does not have a DW Ability, if you hit the right frame when you get the egg (and fulfilled all necessary requirements to breed a DW ability onto it), it will evolve into a Staravia with the ability Reckless.
Indeed - note the (DW) after the ability. It may not have a different ability, but the flag is still set for when it evolves.

Can I accurately get my parameters by IVs in B2/W2 if I have no save file, I start a new game, then check a Pokémon's stats/IVs without ever saving and restarting (assuming I inputted the right date/time at which I loaded the game from the 3DS XL's menu), or do I need to have a preexisting save file for it to work correctly? I want to RNG my ID/SID but don't want to lose my Genesect WonderCard by creating and deleting a save file.

I have White2, doing stationary abuse for Reshiram, using synchronizer, getting the correct IVs but not correct nature, I am doing frame advancements also- with the Chatot, can the seed be glitched? And the nature I am getting is nowhere on the RNG reporter PIDRNG list lol.

Can I accurately get my parameters by IVs in B2/W2 if I have no save file, I start a new game, then check a Pokémon's stats/IVs without ever saving and restarting (assuming I inputted the right date/time at which I loaded the game from the 3DS XL's menu), or do I need to have a preexisting save file for it to work correctly? I want to RNG my ID/SID but don't want to lose my Genesect WonderCard by creating and deleting a save file.
Have you considered starting a save, getting your parameters off it, RNGing the Genesect on that save, then temporarily trading Genesect to another game (yours or a friend's) while you delete the save and RNG your IDs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)