Weather Wars: The Phantom Toad A war story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi welcome to my first war story an I hope to make far better ones in future but you've got to start somewhere so here it goes.

Dane joined.
cheeey joined.
Format: OU
Rated battle
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Moody Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
cheeey's team:
Politoed / Celebi / Jirachi / Keldeo / Scizor / Tornadus-Therian

Dane's team:
Politoed / Ferrothorn / Latios / Tentacruel / Gliscor / Dragonite

Battle between Dane and cheeey started!
Dane sent out Politoed!
cheeey sent out Tornadus-Therian!

The foe's Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!

Turn 1
Vs

The foe's Politoed used Protect!
The foe's Politoed protected itself!
Tornadus-Therian used U-turn!

I switch in tornadous thinking he was going to use ferrothorn first, but instead the rain dancing toed comes out in his place and I feel like keeping my prize for later as his speed and power will help me picked off his weakened team.

Turn 2
>>
Vs

Tornadus-Therian used U-turn!
The foe's Politoed lost 15% of its health!
Tornadus-Therian lost some of its HP!
cheeey called Tornadus-Therian back!
cheeey sent out Celebi!
The foe's Politoed used Scald!
It's not very effective... Celebi lost 19% of its health!
The foe's Politoed restored HP using its Leftovers!

A quick U turn into celebi to threaten his politoed, meanwhile i can get Sr up so his dragonite will be of little problem in the future.

Turn 3
Vs

Celebi used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

Perfect he protects and i get a fre chance to get up SR, I think he is going to switch in nite but I feel like i'd take my chances and kill this toed before he spreads toxic to my team.

Turn 4
Vs
>>

Dane called Politoed back!
Dane sent out Tentacruel!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Tentacruel!
Celebi used Leaf Storm!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 65% of its health!
Celebi's Special Attack harshly fell!
Celebi lost some of its HP!
The foe's Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!
The foe's Tentacruel restored HP using its Leftovers!

So I assume he dose not want SR, so the battle begins to get rid of tentacruel and keep SR on my side of the field as his nite must be very crucial to him if he wants rid of it

Turn 5
Vs

Celebi used Earth Power!
It's super effective! The foe's Tentacruel lost 29% of its health!
The foe's Tentacruel used Rapid Spin!
Celebi lost 3% of its health!
The pointed stones disappeared from around the foe's team!

I got for earth power thinking it would be enough and if leafstorm where tto miss or fail to ko I'd be in trouble, unfortunately it fails to ko but I plan on setting up SR again int he hopes he won't spin

Turn 6
Vs

The foe's Tentacruel used Protect!
The foe's Tentacruel protected itself!
Celebi used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

It worked tentacruel weakened protects which is a relief as I can now deal with dragonite efectively with keldeo, he will either let tena die knowing he is no use anymore or switch to dragonite o set up what I think is likely a DD dragonite, due to him protecting against SR with only 30% Hp leaf tena will die to leaf storm.

Turn 7
Vs
koed >>

Celebi used Leaf Storm!
The foe's Tentacruel lost 30% of its health!
Celebi's Special Attack harshly fell!
The foe's Tentacruel fainted!
Dane sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!

Now nite comes in and I am certain he is going to set up a DD, so I quickly switch to keldeo in preperation, hoping he would not outrage or hurt keldeo increase he is packing ES then it would be GG possibly.

Turn 8
>>
Vs

cheeey called Celebi back!
cheeey sent out Keldeo!
The foe's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Dragonite's Attack rose!
The foe's Dragonite's Speed rose!
The foe's Dragonite restored HP using its Leftovers!

As i thought he dragon danced and now it's time to end his little game, i fear he will switch into ferrothorn knowing I have a scarf.

Turn 9
Vs

The foe's Dragonite used Protect!
The foe's Dragonite protected itself!
Keldeo used Hidden Power!

Protect??? How bizzard, but now he definitely knows it's scarfed keldeo!!! Dam I plan on switching to scizor so I can lay the pain on ferrothron when he comes out.

Turn 10
>>
Vs

cheeey called Keldeo back!
cheeey sent out Scizor!
The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!
It's not very effective... Scizor lost 51% of its health!

Oh god, half my health stripped off, I was sure he was going to switch, i really don't want any of my team taking a 1+ outrage so I decide to scarfice scizor and BP dragonite.

Turn 11
Koed
Vs

Scizor used Bullet Punch!
The foe's Dragonite lost 54% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite used Outrage!
It's not very effective... Scizor lost 49% of its health!
Scizor fainted!
The foe's Dragonite's rampage ended!
The foe's Dragonite became confused!
cheeey sent out Keldeo!

Dam and he is even confused, which means keldeo will not net the ko for certain.

Turn 12
Vs

Dane called Dragonite back!
Dane sent out Politoed!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Politoed!
Keldeo used Hidden Power!
It's not very effective... The foe's Politoed lost 11% of its health!

and he switches into politoed, who will likely use toxic to try and cripple him or anything on the switch. At least drgaonite will no longer be much of an issue

Turn 13
>>
Vs

cheeey called Keldeo back!
cheeey sent out Celebi!
The foe's Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! Celebi lost 38% of its health!

And he see's celebi coming, but not to worry the damage is minimal and I can recover it off and see if he switches into dragonite and let celebi live for later or sarfice it.

Turn 14
Vs
>>

Dane called Politoed back!
Dane sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!
Celebi used Recover!
Celebi regained health!

It's latios and I assume he's picked him as dragonite is weakened and will proove to be ineffective as he can't dd with out the risk of bumping into keldeo. I plan on sending rachi to take the draco heading my way

Turn 15
>>
vs

cheeey called Celebi back!
cheeey sent out Jirachi!
The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
It's not very effective... Jirachi lost 66% of its health!
The foe's Latios's Special Attack harshly fell!

why hello choice specs, dam it, if only scizor were here. anyways he probally won't ko me as i know how much damage this thing normally dose so I sacrifce rachi and hope I cripple it with thunder and at 60% odds of ruining it, I am feeling Lucky

Turn 16
vs

It's not very effective... Jirachi lost 32% of its health!
Jirachi used Thunder!
It's not very effective... The foe's Latios lost 18% of its health!

The word I am looking for is dam, but I am sure this weakened beat is something tornaous-t can handle, R.I.P little jirachi.

Turn 17
>>
VS

It's not very effective... Jirachi lost 2% of its health!
Jirachi fainted!
cheeey sent out Tornadus-Therian!

Time to die to latios, nothing can switch into tornadous, nothing and gl if they do it's just and other rack on the kill count.

Turn 18
VS
>>

Dane called Latios back!
Dane sent out Ferrothorn!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Ferrothorn!
Tornadus-Therian used Hurricane!
The foe's Ferrothorn lost 61% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn restored HP using its Leftovers!

As I was saying nothing on his team could switch into tornadous-t and as a result one of his more, threatening pokemon to my team is gone forever and thing's are going to be getting much easier from here.

Turn 19
VS
>>

The foe's Ferrothorn lost 39% of its health!
The foe's Ferrothorn fainted!
Dane sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!

Trying to bluff a choice scarf eh? Hoping I won't ko eh? well it won't work see? Okay enough looney toones gangster talk, what ever his reasons for sending latios in IDK it's dead and it's only a matter of time before his team is.

Turn 20
VS
>>

The foe's Latios lost 58% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!
cheeey: nice try
cheeey: but that kind of damage to jirachi is only from a specs set
Dane sent out Dragonite!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Dragonite!

And his latios dose indeed die, thats one hard hitting hurricane. After he sends in nite who is begning to worry me that bizzar set of his contains extreme speed, well it won't ko I don't think so I'll go for the kill.

Turn 21
VS

The foe's Dragonite used Protect!

And he decided to scount of what I was going to do and now I am sure he will es me.

Turn 22
VS
>>

The foe's Dragonite used ExtremeSpeed!
Tornadus-Therian lost 47% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!
Dane sent out Politoed!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Politoed!

And thats nite now and now he sends in politoed and I am going in for the kill he only has bulky politoed and gliscizor left something i can handle with keldeo celebi and my own politoed o I think it's best to maine politoed to me it easier for the others.

Turn 23
VS

an he protects, not such a bad idea when you need all the health you can get

Turn 24
>>
VS

cheeey: GG
The foe's Politoed lost 66% of its health!
The foe's Politoed used Ice Beam!
It's super effective! Tornadus-Therian lost 5% of its health!
Tornadus-Therian fainted!
cheeey sent out Keldeo!

It's time Frodo, poor tornadous-t you won me this match and make no mistake, but now it's keldeo's turn and it's a shame you had to die.

Turn 25
VS

Keldeo used Hydro Pump!

I used hydro pump as I knew the little bugger would do that and I was not sure how much a scarf surf would do, I wnated him dead and i needed all the power I could get, celebi and poli could do the rest should I miss.

Turn 26
VS
>>

Keldeo used Hydro Pump!
It's not very effective... The foe's Politoed lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Politoed fainted!
Dane sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Gliscor!

He is pumped hard by a rain boosted stab hydro pump from a pony of insane power speed and rtaher decent bulk.

Turn 27
vs

The foe's Gliscor used Protect!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!
Keldeo used Hydro Pump!
The foe's Gliscor protected itself!
The foe's Gliscor's Toxic Orb activated!
The foe's Gliscor was badly poisoned!#

I am sure he did that just to annoy me, but it's sure better than a rage quit.

Turn 28
vs

Register an account to protect your ladder rating!
Register
Keldeo used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective! The foe's Gliscor lost 88% of its health!
The foe's Gliscor fainted!
cheeey won the battle!

It's over and tornadous and keldeo did me proud both of them absing the rain to net me the win or there other charming aspects.

Mon of the match

Nice layout and was easyto read. However it was a poor battle with lots of misplays on your part. The battle was boring and definately not warstory worthy. The oponent seemed like a noob with little understanding of the game, (protect dragonite, wtf). A lack of props an slops upsets me too.
4/10

Nice layout and was easyto read. However it was a poor battle with lots of misplays on your part. The battle was boring and definately not warstory worthy. The oponent seemed like a noob with little understanding of the game, (protect dragonite, wtf). A lack of props an slops upsets me too.
4/10
Lots? I know I made a few like switching into scizor and using tornadous as the lead, but I would not say lots lol.

Ye the battle was pretty bland and the guy was a noob making him awkward to play against as you don't know what to expect from someone with inexperience.

Lots? I know I made a few like switching into scizor and using tornadous as the lead, but I would not say lots lol.

Ye the battle was pretty bland and the guy was a noob making him awkward to play against as you don't know what to expect from someone with inexperience.
Okay okay I apoligise for my negative attitude, if it was against a better battler the warstory would be undoubtebly better. However what is the point in wasrstorying a bad battle

Okay okay I apoligise for my negative attitude, if it was against a better battler the warstory would be undoubtebly better. However what is the point in wasrstorying a bad battle
True true true, i deluded myslef into thinking it was a good battle tbh as that team in the right hands would cause me a lot of grief. I wish showdown let me keep the good ones but it's almost random when it lets you upload a reply for some reason.

If anything comes from this is the next one with a good battle looking like this would be much better no?

True true true, i deluded myslef into thinking it was a good battle tbh as that team in the right hands would cause me a lot of grief. I wish showdown let me keep the good ones but it's almost random when it lets you upload a reply for some reason.

If anything comes from this is the next one with a good battle looking like this would be much better no?

Yeah it was well writen and easy to read, all you need now is a good battle

The war story itself lacks a lot of description, but I guess this is intertwined with the fact that the battle itself was pretty 'meh'. Posting a warstory that shows how you pretty much swept another guy's team with a Tornadus-T doesn't make it good.

The formatting was pretty good though.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good layout and all man, but like everyone said war stories are supposed to be epic, and battles that you don't normally have every day. A typical Torn-T sweep is something that I DO see every day, and you pretty much easily wrecked his team with your decent plays and his bad decisions. Most War stories should be very close battles and so on, so make sure next time your battle is of epic proportions. Anyways, good win though.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You should have not posted this war story for that reason alone, not to mention the huge amount of spelling and grammatical errors throughout. I'm telling you this as a writer myself, you need to at least spell the names of your Pokemon correctly. Once you have that down, you should definitely do a spell check and use correct punctuation and capitalization. That's the only way people will take your writing seriously on this site. I recommend you read some existing warstories to see what the standards are. The most recent one is here, by Kidogo and CTC. It is well-formatted and the commentary is brief but detailed. Also check out the 5th Generation Warstory Archive. Those are pre BW2 but they are an example of what makes a good warstory.

There really should be an easier way to get to the archive since it's hidden away in Closed Forums right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)