5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Have you considered starting a save, getting your parameters off it, RNGing the Genesect on that save, then temporarily trading Genesect to another game (yours or a friend's) while you delete the save and RNG your IDs?
I know that would be a relatively easy solution, but I'd rather not do that because I am not sure how I want to RNG the Genesect yet, and I also like to collect/save the actual WonderCards (until I run out of space).

Can I do what I am planning on doing, or do I need a pre-existing save file in order to accurately get my parameters via IVs?

I have White2, doing stationary abuse for Reshiram, using synchronizer, getting the correct IVs but not correct nature, I am doing frame advancements also- with the Chatot, can the seed be glitched? And the nature I am getting is nowhere on the RNG reporter PIDRNG list lol.
May you give us the seed you have hit, the nature you are looking for and the nature you have got? That probably would make the toubleshooting a bit easier.

The only thing I can think of is the starting frame being wrong is that the starting frame was shifted. It usually should not happen unless there are random moving NPCs in this area (there aren't any). Then again, the nature at hand should be in the list when you generate it. Unless you somehow got trolled by the Timer0, which can cause you hitting another seed, but in that case the IVs would change. Are you sure that you hit the correct seed and that the IVs are always the same?

I know that would be a relatively easy solution, but I'd rather not do that because I am not sure how I want to RNG the Genesect yet, and I also like to collect/save the actual WonderCards (until I run out of space).

Can I do what I am planning on doing, or do I need a pre-existing save file in order to accurately get my parameters via IVs?
It's not that you need a pre-existing save, but that I don't know if you'd be able to get to the point where you could get a Pokemon to check without advancing the IV frame, which'd ruin the attempt.

I don't think you can.

There is one way I can think of that'd solve your problem, but it's a bit...sketchy. And would require an outside purchase.

Not-so-clever question but I'm being a little lost right now. Started recently RNGing on B2 to get my timer0. At first, I would mostly get 1106s, a little more 1103s and rarely 1104. After that, 1103s appeared more commonly and the last three tries were 1104/1105. Is there something I can do?

On a side note, my VCount is 82, Gxstat and VFrame is 6.

Not-so-clever question but I'm being a little lost right now. Started recently RNGing on B2 to get my timer0. At first, I would mostly get 1106s, a little more 1103s and rarely 1104. After that, 1103s appeared more commonly and the last three tries were 1104/1105. Is there something I can do?

In your RNGReporter/PPRNG profile, you can specify a range of timer0's. For example, you could set the min timer0 = 1103 and max timer0 = 1106. Then just note the timer0 you get when you search for the seed in Seed Searcher or TimeFinder.

Once you get that timer0, that's the one you want to hit. There really is no way to tell which one you'll hit. Persistence and consistency (in terms of when you press and release your buttons) is the only way in BW2.

Hey guys I have a question, I know that in previous versions you had to catch a shiny pokemon to be able to access your secret ID. I was wondering if it works to find your secret ID if you used the shiny gible given to you or the shiny haxorus?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys I have a question, I know that in previous versions you had to catch a shiny pokemon to be able to access your secret ID. I was wondering if it works to find your secret ID if you used the shiny gible given to you or the shiny haxorus?
Why not just use Pokecheck to find your SID?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No. It worked in previous generations because PID and IVs were related, but that was changed in Gen 5. The only way to get your SID now is using Pokécheck, AR, 3rd party hardware to back up your save file, or trading one of your Pokémon to someone who can do one of those things.

If you find yourself consistently getting a different result, you could reverse engineer the seed in parameter search to find the timer0 you keep hitting. Then simply find a seed on that timer0. I had to do that when RNGing a Zekrom on timer0 1106. I kept getting different results. I plugged the seed into parameter search, hit 1104 and search for a 1104 seed. got it on my first try.

When attempting to RNG my ID/SID, is there any way to use the results to "verify" my other parameters besides Timer0 (VCount, VFrame, GxStat), in case I messed up during calibration?

When Calibrating for BW2 how far apart will your ranges usually be? Also when calibrating with Key Presses will they typically raise your Timer0? I ask because of the following:

No Key Presses Timer0: 10F3

1 Key Press Timer0: 10F3

2 Key Presses Timer0: 10F2

3 Key Presses Timer0: 10F5

As you can see the Timer0 was lower when doing a total of TWO key presses while it was one higher when not holding any at all or holding just one. All in all this is just after about 5-6 calibration attempts with 10F3 being the most common so far with NONE or ONE Key presses. Just trying to get the general idea. How many times should I be aiming to calibrate both with and without key presses?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
When attempting to RNG my ID/SID, is there any way to use the results to "verify" my other parameters besides Timer0 (VCount, VFrame, GxStat), in case I messed up during calibration?
GxStat is always 6 (unless you're soft resetting). VCount and VFrame should be consistent unless you're using a 3DS, in which case VCount might vary slightly, but I don't think there's a way to verify it.
When Calibrating for BW2 how far apart will your ranges usually be? Also when calibrating with Key Presses will they typically raise your Timer0? I ask because of the following:

No Key Presses Timer0: 10F3

1 Key Press Timer0: 10F3

2 Key Presses Timer0: 10F2

3 Key Presses Timer0: 10F5

As you can see the Timer0 was lower when doing a total of TWO key presses while it was one higher when not holding any at all or holding just one. All in all this is just after about 5-6 calibration attempts with 10F3 being the most common so far with NONE or ONE Key presses. Just trying to get the general idea. How many times should I be aiming to calibrate both with and without key presses?
As Cereza said, keypresses have nothing to do with Timer0, so just go for whichever one is most common over all calibration attempts.

GxStat is always 6 (unless you're soft resetting). VCount and VFrame should be consistent unless you're using a 3DS, in which case VCount might vary slightly, but I don't think there's a way to verify it.
VCount varies depending on the system, while VFrame is always 6 or 8 (but strictly one or the other), right? There's no way to verify either when attempting to RNG my ID/SID in B2/W2?

Help getting a shiny

Hi,
I'm using RNG reporter 9.96.5 beta for my white version on my ds lite. I able to hit my seed and get the ivs that I want for wild pokemon using chatots to advance the PIDRNG. The problem I am having is in RNG reporter is says that a pokemon will be shiny and it isn't. I catch the exact pokemon it says I'm going to catch except for it not be shiny. I'll give an example here are my parameters:

Vcount: 60
GxStat: 6
VFrame: 6
timeer0: c7f
ds Mac address: 23CCDE140F

I'm trying to hit this seed: 303660EDAEF88385 with three PIDRNG advances with a starting frame of 41 (ending on frame 44). I get a Naughty boldore with the correct IVS but its not shiny.

What am I doing wrong?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
VCount varies depending on the system, while VFrame is always 6 or 8 (but strictly one or the other), right? There's no way to verify either when attempting to RNG my ID/SID in B2/W2?
Not that I know of, but then I've never tried to do it.
Hi,
I'm using RNG reporter 9.96.5 beta for my white version on my ds lite. I able to hit my seed and get the ivs that I want for wild pokemon using chatots to advance the PIDRNG. The problem I am having is in RNG reporter is says that a pokemon will be shiny and it isn't. I catch the exact pokemon it says I'm going to catch except for it not be shiny. I'll give an example here are my parameters:

I'm trying to hit this seed: 303660EDAEF88385 with three PIDRNG advances with a starting frame of 41 (ending on frame 44). I get a Naughty boldore with the correct IVS but its not shiny.

What am I doing wrong?
Most likely one (or both) of two things:
1) Your ID/SID weren't entered correctly.
2) There are wandering NPCs in the area that are throwing off your PIDRNG frame.

Not that I know of, but then I've never tried to do it.

Most likely one (or both) of two things:
1) Your ID/SID weren't entered correctly.
2) There are wandering NPCs in the area that are throwing off your PIDRNG frame.
I double checked my id/sid on pokecheck.org and they were correct and I'm in the 7th floor of victory road so there are not wondering npcs.

Hi,

What am I doing wrong?
posting a screenshot of TimeFinder and the main window of RNGReporter would be helpful. it may be a stupid question, but what are the encounter types you're using in TimeFinder and in the main window?

I restarted RNG reporter and it worked, I don't know what I was doing wrong but Its working great now. Thanks for all the help.

Hi all,

I am new to all this RNG stuff. I recently just learn the standard abuse and had mixed success with it but I have some questions/ problems that might appreciate some helps.

So far, I have caught 3 desired pokemon. Each of them took me around three hours to get. The main reason is that I can't seem to hit my seed on time. I have a DS Lite and I hit my seed 1 second before the time indicated on RNG Reporter. Sometime it works, sometime it doesnt; I haven't figure out the problem why. I read all the guides that are out there, follow exactly what they do and somehow still can't my seed 90% of the time. For example, I was trying to catch a Brave Timburr in cold storage with 31/31/31/X/31/0. I got a list of around 20 seeds. I tried 10 of them, each of them around 10 times. 1 seed worked for me 50% of the time and Timburr never showed up for the other seeds. I made sure that my settings are right: encounter slot 3,6, wild pokemon, etc. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or how can I improve.

Also, since I do not have a chatot in possession, I cannot do PIGRNG abuse. So all the nature are randomized. I have sync in place for that, but some seed works for sync and some seed doesnt.

So I just want some tips/ helps to get the seed right. After watching Bearsfan's video, I even started using EonTimer but it doesn't help. I do not know what to put in the calibration section so I left it at the -95 default number. Also, I want to do some PIGRNG abuse later. Right now, I only have B+W cartriges; I do not have HGSS. Where can I get a Chatot?

If there are things that I missed or any tips to hit my seed, that would greatly help me.

Thanks all and have a nice Christmas!

Hi all,

I am new to all this RNG stuff. I recently just learn the standard abuse and had mixed success with it but I have some questions/ problems that might appreciate some helps.

So far, I have caught 3 desired pokemon. Each of them took me around three hours to get. The main reason is that I can't seem to hit my seed on time. I have a DS Lite and I hit my seed 1 second before the time indicated on RNG Reporter. Sometime it works, sometime it doesnt; I haven't figure out the problem why. I read all the guides that are out there, follow exactly what they do and somehow still can't my seed 90% of the time. For example, I was trying to catch a Brave Timburr in cold storage with 31/31/31/X/31/0. I got a list of around 20 seeds. I tried 10 of them, each of them around 10 times. 1 seed worked for me 50% of the time and Timburr never showed up for the other seeds. I made sure that my settings are right: encounter slot 3,6, wild pokemon, etc. I have no idea what I am doing wrong or how can I improve.

Also, since I do not have a chatot in possession, I cannot do PIGRNG abuse. So all the nature are randomized. I have sync in place for that, but some seed works for sync and some seed doesnt.

So I just want some tips/ helps to get the seed right. After watching Bearsfan's video, I even started using EonTimer but it doesn't help. I do not know what to put in the calibration section so I left it at the -95 default number. Also, I want to do some PIGRNG abuse later. Right now, I only have B+W cartriges; I do not have HGSS. Where can I get a Chatot?

If there are things that I missed or any tips to hit my seed, that would greatly help me.

Thanks all and have a nice Christmas!
You might be missing your seed because your timer0 is fluctuating. One timer0 will be more common than the other and you should always abuse on the more common one.

On the timburr, you need to advance the PIDRNG to change the encounter slot when you get in game. I'm not sure if theres any wandering NPCs in the area as they advance the PIDRNG frame erratically.

Unfortunately, there is no place to capture Chatot in B/W (or BW2 for that matter) However, everytime you save the game, the PIDRNG is advanced by 1. Meaning if the nature and ability is 3 frames down from your starting frame, you would need to save the game twice (initial frame - target frame = advances required) to get the mon your looking for.

Also if you really want Chatots, (which makes PIDRNG abuse and Breeding so much easier) You could always hop on the GTS and try and trade for a few, or just download them from http://www.pokecheck.org/

Hope this info helps ;)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
There are WNPCs in the Cold Storage (two iirc), so that's what is throwing you off. A better place to RNG the Timburr line would be in Twist Mountain, where there are multiple rooms without any NPCs in them at all.

Hi all, new RNG abuser here so bear with me.

After calibrating numerous times (not many, but enough to see a most common one). I determined my Timer0 to be 10F5. I proceeded to use this profile and set the following parameter for abuse (using it on Reshiram to test). RNG reporter 9.96.5 beta, and game version is White 2.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19036338/RNG.png

The frame is 5, so I brought 4 pokemon to Reshiram. I tried walking exactly 128 steps as well as overshoot a little to test things out. But so far, not only was I not able to get the desired IV, I can't consistently reproduce ANY combination of IV despite always starting the game at the same time (in this specific case, 8:13:11, August 8th 2009). I do not think it is a problem with my timing, since I am always spot-on when performing calibration. I am not certain what I am doing wrong, considering if I understand correctly, I should get the same IV combination even if I have the wrong Timer0, since the time at which I start the game is consistent? I am using a Synchronizer, but I don't think that should cause the IV value to fluctuate.

I also tried other Timer0 that have appeared less frequently and still have similar results, so I am at a loss here.

Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need any more information.

Actually, your IVs do change when your Timer0 fluctuates. From what I know it does not have much to do with your timing but how fast the game boots - nothing you can really influence. Because it may take some time depending on your luck, so you may narrow your Min/Max Frame to 1. It saves you some time determining your Seed, really, do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)