The Power Of The LandLord

The Power Of The LandLord (Changes are in red)

Introduction

Whats up my Shroomish's and Breloom's? This is TheSuperSayianBreloom bring you a rmt based around RP Landorus. After teams and teams of failures I previously built, I got frustraed and decided to start all over from the beginning and make a new team. With all the knowledge I had I was able to construct a brand new team that surprisingly did kinda well. It was kinda fun to use as well. But without farther ado lets get into this rmt.

Team at a glance

Team Building Process

I want a really good sweeper and one thing that popped in my mind is RP Landorus.

I need something to take down the checks and counter to Landorus. So I picked
Tyranitar since it counters Latios and Latias. It can also set up rocks.

Now I need something to check/counter Starmie, Keldeo, and other water types
that are vunlerable to electric. Rotom-W is my best choice since it can sponge all of
the special hits very well. It can also check Keldeos that are locked into Hydro Pump/ Surf.

Rotom-W is also a threat to Landorus and I have nothing for it. So I picked Breloom.

I also need a scarfer because dragon's are a big threat to my team since once they set up it's over. So I choose Terrakion.

Now I need to patch up the remaining weaknesses. So I picked Skarmory since my biggest
weakness is that I have nothing to take physical hits well.

Keldeo that aren't choice shits on my team with Secret Sword. Skarmory gets raped by either
Surf or Hydro Pump. So I replaced Breloom with Latias.

The Team

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry

Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP/ 4 Atk
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch

Tyranitar is my counter to Latias and Latios. It also sets up Stealth Rocks for me and gets rid of the opposing weather. Sassy nature is so that I don't have my Sp.Attack being lowered. Ice beam kills Landorus and Gliscor's and other ground types that like to switch into Tyranitar. (One time I lost to a Dragonite because I got nothing to kill it with and my other Poke's were dead. Fire Blast wasn't being that useful anyways.) I can trap shit with Pursuit and Crunch is for when pokes stay in and die because they figured that they're trapped anyways. Also my main stab move.

Latias (F) (shiny) @ Life Orb

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 244 Spd / 72 HP / 192 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Psyshock

Latias is my check to Keldeo's that aren't choiced. 72 Hp is so that I take one less damage from lo since it hits a lo recoil number. 252 Spd is so my speed is maxed out. The rest are dumped into Sp.Atk so I can do some damage. Timid nature makes it so that I hit the max speed number for Latias. Draco Meteor is a strong stab move for Latias. Hidden Power Fire allows me to kill steel types that like to switch into Latias like, Scizor, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, etc. Except for Heatran. Recover lets me stay longer and Psyshock murder pokemon on the physical side like Keldeo since I don't need them sweeping my team with CM. The fat blobs also can't wall me.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Terrakion is my revenge killer. Dragons are a very big threat to my team since they will sweep my whole entire team. Jolly nature is so that I can outspeed shit since i'm scarf. Close Combat is a great stab move. Stone Edge kills flying types like Dragonite, Salamence, Gyarados and a whole bunch of stuff that resist my shit. Rock Slide is so that I don't have to rely on Stone Edge horrible acrruary. X-Scissor kills psychic types that wall me.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Star of the team. Landorus is my late game sweeper. Sheer Force is so powerful on Landorus that even with a Timid nature you can't even wall him. I prefer to out speed things and I don't need the extra power so Timid is there. Earth Power destroys anything that is not resisted by it. Focus Blast is a great coverage that blows up Steel types. Rock Polish lets me outspeed everything. Hidden Power Ice is to kill anything that resist all of my shit.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Ah one of the best physical walls in the game. Skarmory walls anything my team can't take. Like fighting types. Brave Bird kills fighting types and is another great stab move for Skarmory. Spikes is my entry hazards so stuff takes damage from switching in. Whirdwind blows anything away that tries to set up on me. Roost lets me live longer because Skarmory is important.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry

EVs: 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Where would this team be without this thing. I'm sure glad all the Rotom forms had lost there ghost typing because it had benefited this thing. 248 Hp and 228 SDef is so that I can take special hits for this team. Calm nature boosts the Sp.def stat. Volt switch is for momentum and also kills Tornadus-t. Hydro Pump is a great stab move for Rotom-W. Toxic? WTF? I know what your thinking and you're probably thinking i'm a retard but trust me. It works. These Gastrodon's don't know what hit them. Pain Split gives me hp so I can live longer. Plus the opponent loses hp. Although Rotom-W job is taken over by Latias, it still could not be replaceable.

Conclusion

Shoutout a to a guy called Jirachee for tutoring me. He has definately helped me got this far and the Apprentice Program is a great place.

Importable
Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 168 SDef / 252 HP / 88 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 188 Spd / 252 SAtk / 68 HP
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 Spd / 72 HP / 192 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover
- Psyshock

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Threat list:
Vaporeon: This thing is a bitch to take out. Landorus gets fucked by scald. I can't do shit to it with any of my other Pokemon's. Hydration gets rid of the Toxic I put on it. It's Sp.def is too good. Best thing to do is to win the weather win so it can't wall me with the Hydration bullshit. Good thing it's uncommon.

Toxicroak: The SubPunch set is a threat to my team. It 3 hit ko's Skarmory and with the way Focus Punch works, it ain't fun to deal with this set. If I roost I get rape because I lost my flying type and whirlwind allows it to hit me with a Focus Punch leaving me very low. Especially if I have to switch into it. Sucker Punch rapes my Latias. Another thing that's uncommon though.

Jirachi: The sub calm mind Jirachi set is hard to take down if it starts setting up. I can't phaze it out with Skarmory because Thunder will murder me. Latias and Rotom-w can't do much. The way I deal with this thing is that I break it's sub with Rotom-w then find a way to go into Landorus and kill it .

Hello there,

A nice sand offense team you have there. Hopefully with this rate, it will become even better! The team is pretty solidly built, so there really isn't much to say about it. If you find that the presence of Stealth Rock on your side of the field becomes an issue, you can use Starmie > Rotom-W. The bulky Starmie set can help with any issues with Keldeo you may have as well as Rapid Spin as needed. With that change, Tornadus-T can be a minor issue for your team as nothing really would want to switch into a strong hit. For that, I'd recommend using a more specially defensive spread on your Skarmory over your current one. With a spread of 248 HP 252 Sp Def and 8 Speed, Skarmory can take more special hits and be able to Roost of the damage at ease. For Otherwise, it's a really solid team. User Jirachee must have done a good job teaching you the proper team building etiquette.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SDef / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Good luck! Jirachee sucks.

Hello there,

A nice sand offense team you have there. Hopefully with this rate, it will become even better! The team is pretty solidly built, so there really isn't much to say about it. If you find that the presence of Stealth Rock on your side of the field becomes an issue, you can use Starmie > Rotom-W. The bulky Starmie set can help with any issues with Keldeo you may have as well as Rapid Spin as needed. With that change, Tornadus-T can be a minor issue for your team as nothing really would want to switch into a strong hit. For that, I'd recommend using a more specially defensive spread on your Skarmory over your current one. With a spread of 248 HP 252 Sp Def and 8 Speed, Skarmory can take more special hits and be able to Roost of the damage at ease. For Otherwise, it's a really solid team. User Jirachee must have done a good job teaching you the proper team building etiquette.

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SDef / 216 Spd
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Good luck! Jirachee sucks.
Hey. Thx's for the rate. I will be sure to try it out :] but I would have to worry about tyranitar more

Sup TSSB nice team! Jirachee is a cute user n_n

This team seems pretty solid as it is so i only have a few minor nitpicks for you. Firstly i honestly thing you should use Will-o-Wisp>Toxic on Rotom-W. While Toxic is good to nail Gastrodon Will-o-Wisp still does a good enough job of wearing Gastrodon down by chipping away at its hp forcing it to Recover. Will-o-Wisp does have the added benefit of crippling physical attackers which is great to open up more set up oppurtunities for Landorus. Speaking of Landorus i honestly think that Modest>Timid is the way to go. After all you only really bring out Landorus for a late game sweep and after a Rock Polish you outspeed practically everything. Modest on the other hand will give you extra fire power to muscle through your opponents team late game.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

tl;dr
Rotom-W
.Toxic--->Will-o-Wisp

Landorus
.Timid--->Modest

~Superpowerdude

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there,

Like other users have said, this team is pretty solid and little needs to be changed. However, I do see ways to help optimize your movesets/EV spreads. So Rock Polish Landorus is a really dangerous sweeper, but it really appreciates all the power it can get. For this reason I would suggest using a Modest Nature on it like Superpowerdude suggested. I would also recommend changing Landorus's EV spread to 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd. This spread outspeeds all relevant threats at +2, while giving you a little bit more bulk to work with. This may seem like a rather insignificant change, but having a little bit more bulk to work with can be helpful at times and can make or break sweeps. One other EV optimization I would make is making Latias 244 Spd / 72 HP / 192 SAtk. This is also another minor EV optimization, but it is slightly more efficient than your current spread. Due to Hidden Power Fire's imperfect Speed, its often better to just focus on outspeeding Base 108's. This spread cuts down on wasteful EV's and outspeeds relevant threats, while maintaining same bulk/LO number. The final EV change I would recommend is adding 64 EV's to Tyranitars Special Attack. This guarantees that Ice Beam OHKO's 252/0 Gliscor, while giving it a chance to OHKO Landorus-t. If you want, more EVs can be used to guarantee the OHKO on Landorus-t. Also like Superpowerdude said, I would use Will-o-Wisp over Toxic on Rotom-W. This still whittles down Gastrodon, but also has the added affect of neutering physical attackers and Pokemon like Ferrothorn. Anyways, cool team gl.

and I agree Jirachee sucks ~n_n~

Sup TSSB nice team! Jirachee is a cute user n_n

This team seems pretty solid as it is so i only have a few minor nitpicks for you. Firstly i honestly thing you should use Will-o-Wisp>Toxic on Rotom-W. While Toxic is good to nail Gastrodon Will-o-Wisp still does a good enough job of wearing Gastrodon down by chipping away at its hp forcing it to Recover. Will-o-Wisp does have the added benefit of crippling physical attackers which is great to open up more set up oppurtunities for Landorus. Speaking of Landorus i honestly think that Modest>Timid is the way to go. After all you only really bring out Landorus for a late game sweep and after a Rock Polish you outspeed practically everything. Modest on the other hand will give you extra fire power to muscle through your opponents team late game.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

tl;dr
Rotom-W
.Toxic--->Will-o-Wisp

Landorus
.Timid--->Modest

~Superpowerdude
Thx's for the awesome suggestion :D

Hey there,

Like other users have said, this team is pretty solid and little needs to be changed. However, I do see ways to help optimize your movesets/EV spreads. So Rock Polish Landorus is a really dangerous sweeper, but it really appreciates all the power it can get. For this reason I would suggest using a Modest Nature on it like Superpowerdude suggested. I would also recommend changing Landorus's EV spread to 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 188 Spd. This spread outspeeds all relevant threats at +2, while giving you a little bit more bulk to work with. This may seem like a rather insignificant change, but having a little bit more bulk to work with can be helpful at times and can make or break sweeps. One other EV optimization I would make is making Latias 244 Spd / 72 HP / 192 SAtk. This is also another minor EV optimization, but it is slightly more efficient than your current spread. Due to Hidden Power Fire's imperfect Speed, its often better to just focus on outspeeding Base 108's. This spread cuts down on wasteful EV's and outspeeds relevant threats, while maintaining same bulk/LO number. The final EV change I would recommend is adding 64 EV's to Tyranitars Special Attack. This guarantees that Ice Beam OHKO's 252/0 Gliscor, while giving it a chance to OHKO Landorus-t. If you want, more EVs can be used to guarantee the OHKO on Landorus-t. Also like Superpowerdude said, I would use Will-o-Wisp over Toxic on Rotom-W. This still whittles down Gastrodon, but also has the added affect of neutering physical attackers and Pokemon like Ferrothorn. Anyways, cool team gl.
Thx's for the rate. :D

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The team is solid for the most part especially with the previous rates, but like dragonuser said you should try will o wisp over toxic on rotom-w. Toxic is only really helpful against bulky waters, but rotom has volt switch to hit them hard, and will o wisp is still good residual damage on gastrodon and hits tentacruel which could be annoying. It also helps with my next suggestion.

Additionally, you could try keldeo over Terrakion. Keldeo has great synergy with tyranitar and can still check dragons pretty well with icy wind/hp ice. Tyranitar handles the latis and jellicent for keldeo to have its counters weakened for a late game sweep. You have Skarmory as a counter to most dragons as well if you don't want to bring keldeo in early.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

hope i helped !

The team is solid for the most part especially with the previous rates, but like dragonuser said you should try will o wisp over toxic on rotom-w. Toxic is only really helpful against bulky waters, but rotom has volt switch to hit them hard, and will o wisp is still good residual damage on gastrodon and hits tentacruel which could be annoying. It also helps with my next suggestion.

Additionally, you could try keldeo over Terrakion. Keldeo has great synergy with tyranitar and can still check dragons pretty well with icy wind/hp ice. Tyranitar handles the latis and jellicent for keldeo to have its counters weakened for a late game sweep. You have Skarmory as a counter to most dragons as well if you don't want to bring keldeo in early.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

hope i helped !
Thanks a lot for the rate. This is very helpful. :]

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Just saying that 4 HP on Terrak is not a good thing - an even # of HP increases SR damage. Change to 4 SDef for PO Gene / Less SR damage.

Considering TTar pwns Lati@s and Toxi is a bigger threat (all but Skarm, which rain easily threatens) I would use EQ over XScissor on Rak.

Use Chople on TTar for Tornadus-T checking. I would even use SE over Ice Beam. I would personally use another EV spread but it would be too Shurtugalfied to post on smogon so meh :/ Or you could do what the others suggest and run SAtk evs to nail stuff with Ice Beam though missing the oppurtunity to run SE and OHKO Torn-T (i imply running more attack) is kinda sad imo.

As for Latias' spread, I persoanlly run bulk. However, I would still hit maximum speed to outspeed things like Keldy and Terrak. I would go as far to say that you don't need HP Fire since Skarm walls Scizor and Wash checks it. I would use 72 Hp / 184 SAtk / 252 spe so your fat Latias beats sun easier and stuff. The speed tier is important imo.

I would use HP Grass over WoW just to make life easier vs. Gastro. You got spikes + Skarm for phy threats anyway.

Like the team. Pretty standard, too much so for my tastes, but it seems that your new so I wish you luck in your conquest to mastering Pokemon!

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Ok i've used a bit this team on the ladder and i must say its solid overall, but it has some weaknesses hard to spot and to fix, but ill try anyway.

The first i noticed is that your entire team does not like status, mainly Toxic and burn from scald, commonly used on rainstall teams, by Politoed or Tentacruel.
Since Latias, which is one of your two water resistor does not like Toxic or a burn at all, and the same is for Rotom-w, which can be stalled out if toxiced easily, i suggest you to use a chesto berry variant on Rotom-w. This, not only let you cure your status, but also it gives you a better recovery move, since pain split can maybe suck if your opponent has low hp. Generally i've never used it more than once on offensive teams, because your opponent already lost before you can think about clicking rest again.

Now moving into your tyranitar, i think you should run a different set and spread. Honestly ice beam is useless, you said that it hits Dragonite but there is an another move that hits it without having to go mixed, which is Stone edge. Stone edge not only lets you hit dragon types, but also Therians like Tornadus-t and Thundurus-t, , and in combination with chople berry you can take an hit and strike a ko back. Chople berry also can win the 1vs1 against common focus blast users like Gengar or Alakazam. Stone edge also does something to steel types like Heatran or something like a scizor in predict, which is better than nothing.

Now i would like to change your skarmory into something else, its really pointless to me in this team since it slows down your momentum incredibly. The change i have in mind is the Standard Choice Band Scizor. Honestly i think that having a revenge killer in a pinch is quite good; scizor still does good against almost any Dragon, as well as helping against Terrakion, which is a little problematic since it can be problematic once your opponent eliminated Latias, as well as doing better against Mamoswine and Kyurem-b. It also helps quite a bit revenge killing Venusaur in case you have lost the weather war, as well as seriously damage tornadus-t. Its also good to murder Deo-d avoiding the spikes, im sure crunch of ttar barely does a 2ko so you probably have sr+spikes on the field if you lead with it, and nothing else can seriously damage it. For the rest, it has u-turn and its good to gaining momentum, i dont think i have to explain why its best partner for Rotom-w. The choice between quick attack and pursuit is yours, i dont think pursuit is that usefull since tar con already trap Lati@s and the like, and quick attakc can hit water-fire-eletric pokemon for greater damages, but yeah its your choice.
thats it, i hope i helped!

Set:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack / Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SDef / 88 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

Pain Split > Rest
Leftovers > Chesto berry

Just saying that 4 HP on Terrak is not a good thing - an even # of HP increases SR damage. Change to 4 SDef for PO Gene / Less SR damage.

Considering TTar pwns Lati@s and Toxi is a bigger threat (all but Skarm, which rain easily threatens) I would use EQ over XScissor on Rak.

Use Chople on TTar for Tornadus-T checking. I would even use SE over Ice Beam. I would personally use another EV spread but it would be too Shurtugalfied to post on smogon so meh :/ Or you could do what the others suggest and run SAtk evs to nail stuff with Ice Beam though missing the oppurtunity to run SE and OHKO Torn-T (i imply running more attack) is kinda sad imo.

As for Latias' spread, I persoanlly run bulk. However, I would still hit maximum speed to outspeed things like Keldy and Terrak. I would go as far to say that you don't need HP Fire since Skarm walls Scizor and Wash checks it. I would use 72 Hp / 184 SAtk / 252 spe so your fat Latias beats sun easier and stuff. The speed tier is important imo.

I would use HP Grass over WoW just to make life easier vs. Gastro. You got spikes + Skarm for phy threats anyway.

Like the team. Pretty standard, too much so for my tastes, but it seems that your new so I wish you luck in your conquest to mastering Pokemon!
Thx's for the rate. :] and no i'm not new lol. i have been playing ou for a year. just ain't that good.

Ok i've used a bit this team on the ladder and i must say its solid overall, but it has some weaknesses hard to spot and to fix, but ill try anyway.

The first i noticed is that your entire team does not like status, mainly Toxic and burn from scald, commonly used on rainstall teams, by Politoed or Tentacruel.
Since Latias, which is one of your two water resistor does not like Toxic or a burn at all, and the same is for Rotom-w, which can be stalled out if toxiced easily, i suggest you to use a chesto berry variant on Rotom-w. This, not only let you cure your status, but also it gives you a better recovery move, since pain split can maybe suck if your opponent has low hp. Generally i've never used it more than once on offensive teams, because your opponent already lost before you can think about clicking rest again.

Now moving into your tyranitar, i think you should run a different set and spread. Honestly ice beam is useless, you said that it hits Dragonite but there is an another move that hits it without having to go mixed, which is Stone edge. Stone edge not only lets you hit dragon types, but also Therians like Tornadus-t and Thundurus-t, , and in combination with chople berry you can take an hit and strike a ko back. Chople berry also can win the 1vs1 against common focus blast users like Gengar or Alakazam. Stone edge also does something to steel types like Heatran or something like a scizor in predict, which is better than nothing.

Now i would like to change your skarmory into something else, its really pointless to me in this team since it slows down your momentum incredibly. The change i have in mind is the Standard Choice Band Scizor. Honestly i think that having a revenge killer in a pinch is quite good; scizor still does good against almost any Dragon, as well as helping against Terrakion, which is a little problematic since it can be problematic once your opponent eliminated Latias, as well as doing better against Mamoswine and Kyurem-b. It also helps quite a bit revenge killing Venusaur in case you have lost the weather war, as well as seriously damage tornadus-t. Its also good to murder Deo-d avoiding the spikes, im sure crunch of ttar barely does a 2ko so you probably have sr+spikes on the field if you lead with it, and nothing else can seriously damage it. For the rest, it has u-turn and its good to gaining momentum, i dont think i have to explain why its best partner for Rotom-w. The choice between quick attack and pursuit is yours, i dont think pursuit is that usefull since tar con already trap Lati@s and the like, and quick attakc can hit water-fire-eletric pokemon for greater damages, but yeah its your choice.
thats it, i hope i helped!

Set:
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack / Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SDef / 88 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

Pain Split > Rest
Leftovers > Chesto berry
Thx's alot. Cb Scizor actually seems like a good choice and is something I will consider.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey SuperSaiyanBreloom, nice team!

You provided a nice threatlist, so I'll try and help mitigate your problems with the threats found on that list as well as trying to provide the best way to beat that threat if you don't want to take the suggestion I provide.

Vaporeon: This thing must be painful for you to face, your best bet is probably just to keep as much offensive pressure on it and try give it as little switch-in oppurtunities as possible, such as killing something with Draco Meteor and then letting Vaporeon just come in and wall the -2 Latias. In the process of doing so, you're also going to want to win the weather war, if you do that then Vaporeon can't just spam Rest, and if it can't do that then it's easy to take down. None of this is at all reliable and you definitely need a better answer to Vaporeon. The easiest fix would be to run Thunderbolt over Volt Switch on Rotom-W. Thunderbolt from your Rotom-W does 49.68% - 58.75% to standard Hydration Wall Vaporeon (248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd), that's a 65.42% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, guarenteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Stealth Rock damage, etc. This means that Vaporeon can't stall you out with Rest unless you're Toxic'd (even then you'll have multiple chances to crit and if you take Neliel Tu Oderschvank's Resto Chesto Rotom-W suggestion, which I recommend, you can get rid of the status and beat Vaporeon.) The loss of momentum and Rotom-W's amazing defensive pivot skills really sucks, but Vaporeon is just way too much of a threat and Thunderbolt also helps out against SubDD Gyrados, Jellicent (and pretty much any slow, bulky water type for that matter), etc.

Toxicroak: Big threat to your team, Toxicroak can easily setup on Terrakion (who is brought in every single time you need to revenge something) and Tyranitar (who is brought in every single time you need to change the weather, setup rocks, trap Lati@s, tank a hit, etc. This gives Toxicroak many setup oppurtunities, and then after one Swords Dance everything that outspeeds it is either OHKOd by Sucker Punch (Except for Landorus, but 2 switch-ins to Stealth Rock is all it takes) or they can't OHKO Toxicroak and they're OHKOd back and everything slower than it is OHKOd by Drain Punch, except Skarmory. Skarmory is really your only option against SD Toxicroak, but even then Toxicroak could be paired with a Magnezone, their could be other pokemon in their team that Skarmory needs to take hits from that could wear it down to Drain Punch range, the rare Cross Chop does 69.46% - 82.04% at +2 so a very small amount of residual damage and then Skarmory is likely down for the count, crits can happen etc. Overall, with a bit of team support / luck Toxicroak can sweep your team late-game. And that's just the Swords Dance set, SubPunch can be incredibly problematic too due to the reasons you mentioned in the OP. Your only real strategy to beat Toxicroak is to keep Skarmory alive and well, which is much easier said than done. The best fix would definitely be Shurtugal's suggestion of Earthquake over X-Scissor on Terrakion. With Earthquake, you OHKO all SD variants of Toxicroak and you beat Subpunch variants 1v1 if you break their sub, unless you freeze. You may not want to lose X-Scissor, but really, when you look at the choice between X-Scissor and Earthquake on Scarf Terrakion, it's pretty much just a choice between whether you want to beat Toxicroak or Celebi, they are the only 2 pokemon in OU that are hit significantly harder by a coverage move than they are by one of Terrakion's dual STABs (there's only a 20 Base Power difference between super-effective Earthquake and STAB Close Combat and a 10 BP difference between a super-effective X-Scissor and STAB Stone Edge.) You could argue that Magnezone and Heatran are hit significantly harder by Earthquake, but Close Combat easily OHKOs both of them, so Toxicroak and Celebi are the only ones that really matter. The only other reasons to use Earthquake are to hit Jirachi / Metagross 20 BP harder and to not lower your defenses when doing so and he only other reasons to use X-Scissor are to hit Lati@s / Reuniclus / Deoxys-D / Espeon / Alakazam 10 BP harder with more accuracy. In your case you're not only much weaker to Toxicroak than you are Celebi, but you also have a Tyranitar to trap alot of those hit harder by X-Scissor anyway, therefore Earthquake is a much better choice.

Jirachi: This thing isn't that bad tbh. Against the SubCM variant Tyranitar's Crunch does 27.48% - 32.67%, always breaking sub, and with it's mass Special Defense under the sand it'll barely be scratched by anything Jirachi has to offer. the worst it could possibly have is Flash Cannon which does a measly 20.79% - 25.25% at +0, 31.19% - 37.13% at +1, etc. Whether Tyranitar is beaten by Jirachi or not, it doesn't really matter, because as long as it's knocked down to 53.96% at the very least, Terrakion can revenge with Earthquake. Without some pretty extreme hax, the worst case scenario would be losing one pokemon in exchange for your opponent losing Jirachi. Keep in mind that Terrakion gets the amazing Special Defense boost that Tyranitar does as well, and although your current Landorus is slow than Jirachi, it's really great against Flash Cannon variants, so you really do have quite a few options against Jirachi. If you're still really worried about it you can always run Earthquake over Stone Edge on Tyranitar. This will allow you to 3HKO Jirachi at the very least with Tyranitar and it'll give you a good chance of beating Jirachi 1v1. This also helps against the likes of Heatran, who is quite an annoyance for your team. Nothing likes switching in on Lava Plume and risking the burn, nor does anything, other than Skarm (switching in Skarmory on Heatran is suicide though, lol), like switching in on Toxic. Your Latias also doesn't carry Surf, so it's walled by Heatran, making it an infuriating pokemon to face (all of this is another good reason to take Neliel Tu Oderschvank's Resto Chesto Rotom-W suggestion.) Earthquake also catches the likes of Terrakion on the switch, and it OHKOs pesky Magnezone's that want to trap Skarmory.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Lucdisc'd :)

Hey SuperSaiyanBreloom, nice team!

You provided a nice threatlist, so I'll try and help mitigate your problems with the threats found on that list as well as trying to provide the best way to beat that threat if you don't want to take the suggestion I provide.

Vaporeon: This thing must be painful for you to face, your best bet is probably just to keep as much offensive pressure on it and try give it as little switch-in oppurtunities as possible, such as killing something with Draco Meteor and then letting Vaporeon just come in and wall the -2 Latias. In the process of doing so, you're also going to want to win the weather war, if you do that then Vaporeon can't just spam Rest, and if it can't do that then it's easy to take down. None of this is at all reliable and you definitely need a better answer to Vaporeon. The easiest fix would be to run Thunderbolt over Volt Switch on Rotom-W. Thunderbolt from your Rotom-W does 49.68% - 58.75% to standard Hydration Wall Vaporeon (248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd), that's a 65.42% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, guarenteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery and Stealth Rock damage, etc. This means that Vaporeon can't stall you out with Rest unless you're Toxic'd (even then you'll have multiple chances to crit and if you take Neliel Tu Oderschvank's Resto Chesto Rotom-W suggestion, which I recommend, you can get rid of the status and beat Vaporeon.) The loss of momentum and Rotom-W's amazing defensive pivot skills really sucks, but Vaporeon is just way too much of a threat and Thunderbolt also helps out against SubDD Gyrados, Jellicent (and pretty much any slow, bulky water type for that matter), etc.

Toxicroak: Big threat to your team, Toxicroak can easily setup on Terrakion (who is brought in every single time you need to revenge something) and Tyranitar (who is brought in every single time you need to change the weather, setup rocks, trap Lati@s, tank a hit, etc. This gives Toxicroak many setup oppurtunities, and then after one Swords Dance everything that outspeeds it is either OHKOd by Sucker Punch (Except for Landorus, but 2 switch-ins to Stealth Rock is all it takes) or they can't OHKO Toxicroak and they're OHKOd back and everything slower than it is OHKOd by Drain Punch, except Skarmory. Skarmory is really your only option against SD Toxicroak, but even then Toxicroak could be paired with a Magnezone, their could be other pokemon in their team that Skarmory needs to take hits from that could wear it down to Drain Punch range, the rare Cross Chop does 69.46% - 82.04% at +2 so a very small amount of residual damage and then Skarmory is likely down for the count, crits can happen etc. Overall, with a bit of team support / luck Toxicroak can sweep your team late-game. And that's just the Swords Dance set, SubPunch can be incredibly problematic too due to the reasons you mentioned in the OP. Your only real strategy to beat Toxicroak is to keep Skarmory alive and well, which is much easier said than done. The best fix would definitely be Shurtugal's suggestion of Earthquake over X-Scissor on Terrakion. With Earthquake, you OHKO all SD variants of Toxicroak and you beat Subpunch variants 1v1 if you break their sub, unless you freeze. You may not want to lose X-Scissor, but really, when you look at the choice between X-Scissor and Earthquake on Scarf Terrakion, it's pretty much just a choice between whether you want to beat Toxicroak or Celebi, they are the only 2 pokemon in OU that are hit significantly harder by a coverage move than they are by one of Terrakion's dual STABs (there's only a 20 Base Power difference between super-effective Earthquake and STAB Close Combat and a 10 BP difference between a super-effective X-Scissor and STAB Stone Edge.) You could argue that Magnezone and Heatran are hit significantly harder by Earthquake, but Close Combat easily OHKOs both of them, so Toxicroak and Celebi are the only ones that really matter. The only other reasons to use Earthquake are to hit Jirachi / Metagross 20 BP harder and to not lower your defenses when doing so and he only other reasons to use X-Scissor are to hit Lati@s / Reuniclus / Deoxys-D / Espeon / Alakazam 10 BP harder with more accuracy. In your case you're not only much weaker to Toxicroak than you are Celebi, but you also have a Tyranitar to trap alot of those hit harder by X-Scissor anyway, therefore Earthquake is a much better choice.

Jirachi: This thing isn't that bad tbh. Against the SubCM variant Tyranitar's Crunch does 27.48% - 32.67%, always breaking sub, and with it's mass Special Defense under the sand it'll barely be scratched by anything Jirachi has to offer. the worst it could possibly have is Flash Cannon which does a measly 20.79% - 25.25% at +0, 31.19% - 37.13% at +1, etc. Whether Tyranitar is beaten by Jirachi or not, it doesn't really matter, because as long as it's knocked down to 53.96% at the very least, Terrakion can revenge with Earthquake. Without some pretty extreme hax, the worst case scenario would be losing one pokemon in exchange for your opponent losing Jirachi. Keep in mind that Terrakion gets the amazing Special Defense boost that Tyranitar does as well, and although your current Landorus is slow than Jirachi, it's really great against Flash Cannon variants, so you really do have quite a few options against Jirachi. If you're still really worried about it you can always run Earthquake over Stone Edge on Tyranitar. This will allow you to 3HKO Jirachi at the very least with Tyranitar and it'll give you a good chance of beating Jirachi 1v1. This also helps against the likes of Heatran, who is quite an annoyance for your team. Nothing likes switching in on Lava Plume and risking the burn, nor does anything, other than Skarm (switching in Skarmory on Heatran is suicide though, lol), like switching in on Toxic. Your Latias also doesn't carry Surf, so it's walled by Heatran, making it an infuriating pokemon to face (all of this is another good reason to take Neliel Tu Oderschvank's Resto Chesto Rotom-W suggestion.) Earthquake also catches the likes of Terrakion on the switch, and it OHKOs pesky Magnezone's that want to trap Skarmory.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Lucdisc'd :)
thx's for the rate and luvdic! :D

Hey, this team is rather awesomesauce. Most of my suggestions have been covered by the people before me, so I just want to offer a couple things, they aren't really huge differences, but I think they will help. First I suggest (if you keep terrakion) Using X-scissor over rock slide, though this is because when I ran a similiar Terrakion set w rock slide I almost never used it. X-scissor benefitted me greatly when pesky psychics would switch in and try and force me out. Though if your main goal for Terrakion is a counter to dragons, I suggest instead running a set with an ice move. My 2 favorite anti-dragons/revenge killers both share the same move types as terrakion, so you won't be missing out there. First I have this Lucario

Lucario w/ Choice Scarf
Jolly 252 Spe/252 Atk/4 SpD
Justified/Inner Foucus
-Ice Punch
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge/Extremespeed
-Earthquake/Extremespeed

Ice punch will do x4 to both Garchomp and Dragonite, who seem to be on every other team in the tier. You may not want Stone edge as with the other moves you already have good coverage, but can use stone edge to counter Gyarados if necessary, though with Rotom-w and Skarmory I think you'll be fine. Extremespeed will help you with other scarfers if you want it

Mamoswine w/ Choice Band/Life Orb
Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Thick Fat
-Ice Shard
-Superpower
-Earthquake
-Stone edge/Icicle Crash

This Bulky Mamoswine is the perfect counter to dragons who have set up a few dances, as Ice Shard is a priority move, and with the help of band/LO, it can easily OHKO most dragons. The EV Spread I picked is due to the fact that even with invested in speed, Mamoswine isn't going to win alot of speed wars, so it's better to just go with one who can take a hit, then destroy the opponent. It's up to you whether you want I-Crash or Stone Edge, Stone edge countering Gyarados while I-Crash providing a stronger stab than Ice Shard.

Hope my advice works for you

Very solid Sand Team!
I think the team is already very good, if there's something I would like to add, it's that I will be concern for the toxic spikes set up by Forrothorn or Forrestress (in a team with scarf moxie Salamence or Garchomp) as it ruins Terrakion's checking or revenge killing ability. I guess the starmine set up similar to Funkasaurus in post 2 may help in alternative set up:

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spd
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

However, this set might make the team too explosed to scizor's bug type attack......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)