Extreme Pokemon Makeover Contest Redesign Time! (See Post #41)

What Pokemon Line Should Be Redesigned?

• Chikorita

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Fatecrasher's Suggestion (See Post #19)

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Klink

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Three Regis

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Trubbish

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Vullaby

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
oh wow lol

vullaby line is horrendous, and klink and trubbish lines are fantastically cute

i don't think we're ever going to get anywhere polling this!

The regis could be good, but if so, I'd probably include all three as the same challenge; create your version of all three regis... (excluding regigigas).

My current poll so far:

Trubbish
Klink
Chikorita
The Three Regis
Fatecrasher's Suggestion(see post 19)

Although I'm still looking for one more... I have no beef with the Torchic line and the Vullaby line isn't that bad...
Personally, I would say either Trubbish or Klink, leaning more toward Trubbish.

Additionally, although I would gladly enter this contest, I'm not sure if I would be able to upload the "finished product," because I don't exactly have the best camera equipment (that's always accessible).
EDIT: I feel as if Trubbish's design is a little too abstract for my tastes, so to say, and Klink is a little bland; Spiritomb and the Regis are more original, in my opinion.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Supporting Cobraroll's Regi idea (although I personally like their designs) and Fatecrasher's suggestion. Redesigning Trubbish and Klink line are legit, too

I'd like to nominate Spiritomb and Maractus ;0

oh wow lol

vullaby line is horrendous, and klink and trubbish lines are fantastically cute

i don't think we're ever going to get anywhere polling this!
Hey hey hey, that's opinion. As you can see, Kirbyofthestars and Pocket both feel that Klink and Trubbish could be good to redesign. I chose Klink for its great mechanical concept, but the execution is lazy and uncreative in my opinion. That being said, I'll add the Vullaby line to the poll.

So er... current poll options:

Trubbish
Klink
Vullaby
All 3 Regis
Chikorita
Fatecrasher's Suggestion (post 19)

Ok changing my mind a little, I'm gonna vote based more on my opinions of "underdone concepts" than "bad design"

Klink, Vullaby

Garbage bag mon just doesn't agree with me as a concept. Grass Dino...maybe another day? I find the above listed more (de)pressingly underdone. Gearmon could have been more complex, and Vulturemon a bit more...tasteful? (that mascara D:)

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i don't see how klink has untapped potential in the same way the regi line does, but if it's gonna be polled then that's fine by me

3 Regis and Vullaby. I think the 3 regis in a new way would be pretty cool, and Vullaby would be interesting to see what it looks like with a new style. Maybe something more threatening looking (I will admit though, that eyeliner is pretty tough looking).

Ok, I've posted the poll. The poll is multiple choice, as I know many people like the idea of several of these options. Another poll will go up afterwards if:

• Fatecrasher's suggestion wins the poll
  • Two or three options appear frontrunners, and are very equal in votes
This poll will close in two days, so get voting!

Okay, poll closed and a winner has emerged with a semi-landslide victory.

Round TWO
Redesign all 3 Regi Pokemon.

Yes, your task is to redesign Registeel, Regice and Regirock! Now, go wild with your designs and be creative, but there are some rules which your redesigns must adhere to.

• Your design of each pokemon must keep the same typing
  • Your design of each pokemon must keep to the golem concept (interprate that in your own way)
And the general rules:

• Design matters as well as art! Just because you're not an excellent artist doesn't mean you shouldn't participate! If your design is great, and you prove that you're inventive, then that will be noted by the judges.
  • Sketches, supporting artwork and your basic thought process behind your Pokeon chain are all permitted.
  • WIPs are permitted, although spamming is disallowed. Be sensible with the amount of times you post your WIPs/Finished Product in this thread.
  • Feedback and comments are definitely welcome by non-judges.
  • You can still participate if you didn't participate in Round 1.
  • From this point onwards, no posts with joke-like intentions. Art, questions and feedback are permitted, along with any other posts you deem necessary, but no silly posts.
Deadline: NOT January 1st(It has now been extended due to lack of submissions)

Judges will be Kevin Garrett, Quanyails and myself. We will each provide a rating out of 10 for your finished product, accompanied by comments on why we feel the product deserved that score.

Good luck, and get designing!

Okay guys...

It's been a week, and not one submission or even WIP has been posted. Come on people, get designing! I would have expected some submissions by now, since you members were the ones who chose the pokemon we have to redesign. Yes, there's still two weeks left, but it wouldn't hurt to post WIPs at the moment; there's more time for feedback.

Okay guys...

It's been a week, and not one submission or even WIP has been posted. Come on people, get designing! I would have expected some submissions by now, since you members were the ones who chose the pokemon we have to redesign. Yes, there's still two weeks left, but it wouldn't hurt to post WIPs at the moment; there's more time for feedback.
I have concetps of all but Registeel (albeit with no color, only pencil shading); I have been unable to upload them because of a lack of cameras/scanners.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I had my last exam today, and haven't prioritized drawing. I have concepts ready, but need to finish them. Should have ample time now that the holiday has begun.

There's 8 days left, and no submissions! Get redesigning and post here before January the 1st, we really need your submissions!

There's 8 days left, and no submissions! Get redesigning and post here before December the 1st, we really need your submissions!
I have all the WIPs done (not colored; they share the same color scheme). I'll just edit them into this post after I've (hopefully...) scanned them.

Hey, I've been trying to save this thread from a slow and painful death, but I can't find a way to upload the image properly. All I get when I preview my post is a little image icon.

What's the image host you guys use?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I've been trying to save this thread from a slow and painful death, but I can't find a way to upload the image properly. All I get when I preview my post is a little image icon.

What's the image host you guys use?
imgur.com

minus.com

Get the direct link for that image and then put it within image tags. Or grab the code the uploader provides themselves.

Code:
[IMG]url[/IMG]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)