Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Marshall, you are challenged to make use of every in-game trade available to you (in areas with multiple in-game trades available like at Cinnabar, pick one). These Pokemon must participate in at least one gym battle as something more than healfodder before they can be cycled out of your team.

@Marshall: When facing Mister, you cannot use any Pokemon that are resistant to water-type attacks, or that can cause super-effective damage to water types. (Basically any Pokemon but water, dragon, grass, and electric types)

Alright so as of right now:
-No items in any major battle (so I assume rivals, gym leaders, Giovanni, E4)
-Must use all in game trades in a gym battle (Nuzlocke style first per route):
-Abra for Mr. Mime
-Nidoran trade
-Poliwhirl for Jynx
-Slowbro for Lickitung
-farfetch'd
-One of Raichu/Venonat/Ponyta for electrode/Tangela/seel
-And no resists/super effective moves or Pokemon for Misty (ouch).

All three accepted! Feel free to keep making suggestions.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Not sure is this counts, but something I want to see: Nickname every pokemon you catch or are enabled to own (trading, starter) with a move or ability that it does not currently have but you think it should.

Marshall, if it's OK, for Silph Co you should take a typical Team Rocket Pokemon and lead with it for all the battles. (You can decide whether or not you regard a Pokemon species as "typical Team Rocket").

Marshall, if it's OK, for Silph Co you should take a typical Team Rocket Pokemon and lead with it for all the battles. (You can decide whether or not you regard a Pokemon species as "typical Team Rocket").
I'll accept this challenge for sure.

Here's what I would consider typical team rocket:
-Rattata
-Zubat
-Ekans
-Koffing

Bulbapedia's Silph Co trainer list has these as well that show up:
-Grimer
-Cubone
-Machop
-Sandshrew

For the sake of this exercise, I will exclude Magnemite/voltorb lines used by the many scientists. But those base Pokemon and their evolutions are fair game for use in Silph Co.

So I still need challenges for the 1st, 3rd, and 8th gyms I believe.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Not sure is this counts, but something I want to see: Nickname every pokemon you catch or are enabled to own (trading, starter) with a move or ability that it does not currently have but you think it should.
If I can give you 2, marshall, then let's have the one above, but as for the 1st gym challenge...

KO at least one of Brock's pokemon with a bug type pokemon. You only need to deal the final blow, but good luck switching a butterfree in safely! :P

Marshall, for the 8th gym, you cannot use any pokemon who's types deal SE damage to Giovanni's team:
1). Ground (Nidos and Rhyhorns)
2). Grass (Dug and Rhyhorns)
3). Water (Entire team)
4). Psychic (Nidos)
5). Ice (Entire team)
6). Fighting (Rhyhorns)

Furthermore, you cannot use STAB.

Marshall, for the 8th gym, you cannot use any pokemon who's types deal SE damage to Giovanni's team:
3). Water (Entire team)
4). Psychic (Nidos)
5). Ice (Entire team)

Accepted. This is going to be brutal. And awesome. Probably going to have to use Hitmonlee or Normal spam to get through this one.

@celever: I don't really understand your first challenge in terms of how it affects my gameplay, so that one is declined. I like to name my teammates myself (this time probably Finnish names). However I accept your bug type challenge.

3). Water (Entire team)
4). Psychic (Nidos)
5). Ice (Entire team)

What about Fighting for the Rhyhorns?

Accepted. This is going to be brutal. And awesome. Probably going to have to use Hitmonlee or Normal spam to get through this one.

@celever: I don't really understand your first challenge in terms of how it affects my gameplay, so that one is declined. I like to name my teammates myself (this time probably Finnish names). However I accept your bug type challenge.
What about Fighting for the Rhyhorns?
Ah, yes, I forgot about Fighting. Marshall, let me edit that in :P

Ah, yes, I forgot about Fighting. Marshall, let me edit that in :P
Wow forgot about that. So just to clarify, I cannot use those move types at all in the battle, even if they hit one of Giovanni's pokemon for neutral damage? Or I cannot use Pokemon of those types?

So a Toxic/Leech Seed combination, since it doesn't deal SE damage, is legal?

And without stab, yikes. So it's going to be a hell of a battle. Grinding it out with a flying type move or something... Still accepted nonetheless.

You cannot use pokemon that have that Typing. No STAB is just an added pinch of salt in the wounds.
Okay perfect so that's at least reasonable. I can use non-stab super effective moves on Pokemon who do not have an advantageous typing. Narrows my options but I'll make do.

Alright so I'm pretty much ready to get doing at this point. Thanks for the challenges folks!

Edit: My Beedrill defeated Brock's Geodude, so that's the first gym challenge out of the way!

Some three months later, a wild EndQuote appears! (To hopefully revitalize this thread)
For all of you waiting anxiously on the edge of your seat (nobody), I finally beat Gardenia in my Diamond Gauntlet! -pause for applause-

This Gauntlet Challenge has been amazingly fun, with no dull moments, so, while I update my progress, I need TWO TEMPORARY CHALLENGES, from my current location in the Eterna City gym to defeating Crasher Wake and Maylene.

TLDNR of my permanent challenges:
Can only use Water, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dragon, and Dark-types, and a Shinx.
Cannot buy from Pokemarts.

Some three months later, a wild EndQuote appears! (To hopefully revitalize this thread)
For all of you waiting anxiously on the edge of your seat (nobody), I finally beat Gardenia in my Diamond Gauntlet! -pause for applause-

This Gauntlet Challenge has been amazingly fun, with no dull moments, so, while I update my progress, I need TWO TEMPORARY CHALLENGES, from my current location in the Eterna City gym to defeating Crasher Wake and Maylene.

TLDNR of my permanent challenges:
Can only use Water, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dragon, and Dark-types, and a Shinx.
Cannot buy from Pokemarts.
Okay, here's a gauntlet!

You have to catch a pokemon you get from a honey tree. But you can't just save in front and restart and restart and restart. Once you find out what pokemon it is, you have to catch it. There is a certain loophole you can abuse, though, if you know about honey trees (:. Anyway, the challenge is to solo all of Crasher Wake's gym, and one of Crasher Wake's pokemon. (Also, this rule ignores the typing gauntlets from earlier) GL;HF!

Hey EndQuote! Great to see you again. I just finally learned what your name and avatar were referring to a couple weeks ago XD I have a full new appreciation for your pixelated avatar now.

So anyway, you need another challenge right? Well, you are challenged to beat Maylene while constantly under the effects of some sort of weather. Good luck!

Oh, and you should swing by the Scramble Thread again sometime, I know I can't be the only one who would welcome your well crafted challenges and pixelated visage back!

Great to see you too, Jimera, and thanks for the challenge!
I'm glad you discovered Cave Story, it's probably my all-time favorite game. XD

I am looking for a Gauntlet for a playthrough of LeafGreen!

-I am unable to trade
-Challenge Level: Difficult (with minimal grinding, if at all possible)
-I would like two whole-game challenges
-I would like one temporary challenge for each gym (or for each stretch of game between gyms)
-Unless otherwise specified, I will be tackling Erika, Koga, and Sabrina in that order (feel free to change this!)
-Last but not least, name my protagonist!

Thank you and have a nice day!

Whole-Game rules:
-I must play as if all of my moves have half as much PP as they do (rounded up). Going over this half-limit requires me to discard every item in my bag and PC that can be bought at a Pokemart or Department Store.
-I may not use Poison or Psychic-type moves in battle
-I may not use the following moves in battle: Pain Split, Pay Day, Peck, Perish Song, Petal Dance, Pin Missle, Pound, Powder Snow, Present, Protect, Psych Up, Pursuit

Bone Dragon, you are challenged to play as if all your Pokemon had half as much PP as they do (Rounded up, so a move with 5 PP would have 3 PP effectively). If you accidentally use (or are forced to use, in a trainer battle) more than half of one of your Pokemon's move's PP, then you must discard every last item in your bag that can be bought at a Pokemart or Department store (not going to make you throw away stuff you can't replace) as soon as the battle ends or you realize the error.

Good luck!
Bone Dragon, name your protagonist NoPe. You may not use any Poison-type moves or Psychic-type moves in battle, as well as any other move beginning with the letter P.

Bone Dragon, you are challenged to play as if all your Pokemon had half as much PP as they do (Rounded up, so a move with 5 PP would have 3 PP effectively). If you accidentally use (or are forced to use, in a trainer battle) more than half of one of your Pokemon's move's PP, then you must discard every last item in your bag that can be bought at a Pokemart or Department store (not going to make you throw away stuff you can't replace) as soon as the battle ends or you realize the error.

Good luck!

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bone Dragon, name your protagonist NoPe. You may not use any Poison-type moves or Psychic-type moves in battle, as well as any other move beginning with the letter P.

Thank you as well!

I am still looking for a temporary rule for the first gym, or from the beginning of the game until the first gym.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)