Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Is there a way to dispell the hail in Route 216-217, in Platinum? I tried setting the DS clock ahead by a month, but it didn't do squat. :/

Edit: Nvm. I completely forgot you can't change weather in G4.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm saying M4 is unnatural and doesn't happen on retail game carts. Only R/S can get M4 via the GC title Box R/S, and that's for only a few mons.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well wild mons might be M4 sometimes but I haven't seen anyone even claim to have a M4 stationary from retail cart Emerald.

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Help with Diamond Shiny Starter

My shiny starter hunt is helped by the fact that I have an R4i SaveDongle, which lets me determine the PID and exact IVs of received Pokemon.

My issue is that while I can find the seed that was used to generate the Pokemon, it isn't even near the Delay I think I'm hitting.

Trying to hit delay in the high 8000's
Actually hitting delay in mid 2000's and ~1m15s off

Starting timer at clock
Starting game at first countdown
Starting battle at second countdown

EDIT: Hozu, you might wanna rethink that.
I hit Sweet Scented M4 spreads on my retail Emerald on an official SP.
And it wasn't H-4 either; it was straight-up M4.

EDIT2: Wow, I'm supposed to hit Continue at the second timer, aren't I?
The TID abuse got to my head.

EDIT3: Sure enough, that was it.
Did it once, found out I needed to switch my Delay, got it Shiny second try!

It is possible to generate a flawless Reshiram/Zekrom, but not a shiny one. There is an "Unshiny"-check on those ones that prevents them from being shiny, even with a potential shiny PID. Why? Because Game Freaks wants it that way.

For future reference, there is a thread for RNG questions about the 5th gen, so you may ask there.

quick question. is it possible to rng on 4th gen(platinum/pearl) with a 3ds
using the current rng reporter. ive seen you can do it in b/w

just got a 3ds for xmas and plan on getting back into pokemon

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
4th Gen games can't tell that difference between different types of DS.

That being said, you might have a hard time switching your delays without Dual Slot.
I find waiting on the intro until the GF logo appears will switch the delay.

Hey guys, I got into RNGing yesterday, and already had success with hatching two shiny eggs on my Heartgold version. Now that I got that, I wanted to try catching a wild male Magikarp with decent IVs and an Adamant nature, so I looked up a Seed and got the one I highlighted here: http://i.imgur.com/F3Mlo.jpg?1

I went into Mt.Silver, right infront of a Water patch where I would use my Old Rod, to make sure no NPC's are screwing up my frame, saved, and started resetting for my seed. This worked pretty well, and I already hit my seed at the third time. (I'm using Entei and Raikou for verification, Latias is currently dead.)
So now, my problem begins: I put my Seed in the main window of RNG Reporter, and got this out of it: http://i.imgur.com/X7Uvk.jpg?1

This shows to me that my desired Pokemon is on Frame 6, right? My starting Frame is 3, because I have two active roamers, so in my first try I used the Chatot journal page (I have two in my team, with a pre recorded sound) 3 times, to get to frame 6, then I used the Old Rod. What I got was a female Magikarp which certainly is not mine, so I tried again. I hit my seed and this time used Irvine calls for frame advancing, ending up with the same result, a female Magikarp.

So basically my question now is: What am I doing wrong? Does the RNG Reporter take into account, that fishing advances the frame, like it does with sweet scent? Does fishing even advance the frame, and if it does, by how much? Or the really short version: Which frame do I have to go to, before using the Old Rod?

Any help with my problem would be appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to add, that I also had a Adamant Natu with synch at the top of my Party, so that's not the problem.

I just got into RNG abusing in Platinum and I have a quick question. Does the coin flipper app for the Poketch advance frames? If so, by how much?

EDIT: I am RNG-ing for legendaries

RNGing Lugia

Does walking in and out of Lugia's cave advance the frame any? I'm trying to RNG the Lugia in Soulsilver and I can't verify my seed in his cavern (I can't call anyone inside) so I'm saved outside the cave and am making Irwin calls to verify my seed. I was doing test runs and stopped on frame 9 and found I got the IVs from frame 18.

Thanks for the help :)
-Psy

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
If you have your roamers out, then you need to know they advance the frame, usually 1 frame per roamer. If you have 6 pokemon on your party, it is possible you stept over the step counter, which advaces the frame by one for every pokemon on your party. Add them together and you end up in frame 18.

If your roamers are out tho, I would recommed using the roamers method to verify your seed which will allow to check the seed without moving.

Hello. How do you check FRLG seeds by catching a pokemon and checking its IVs? I know RNGReporter has the seed finder from IVs for 4th gen, but how do I do this for FRLG? (I believe it is Method H-2, as I am in Victory Road) Thanks

If you have your roamers out, then you need to know they advance the frame, usually 1 frame per roamer. If you have 6 pokemon on your party, it is possible you stept over the step counter, which advaces the frame by one for every pokemon on your party. Add them together and you end up in frame 18.

If your roamers are out tho, I would recommed using the roamers method to verify your seed which will allow to check the seed without moving.
Figured out I had the wrong method selected (had method 1 instead of method K). After switching to the correct method and after running a few more test runs, I kept getting advanced 5 frames (5 in party). Turns out I was tripping the step counter.

Sadly I have no roamers roaming (KO'd them early in the game) So I have to verify using calls outside the cave. I would respawn them just to make this easier, but I can't challenge the elite 4 till I complete this part of the story. :(

-Psy

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Figured out I had the wrong method selected (had method 1 instead of method K). After switching to the correct method and after running a few more test runs, I kept getting advanced 5 frames (5 in party). Turns out I was tripping the step counter.

Sadly I have no roamers roaming (KO'd them early in the game) So I have to verify using calls outside the cave. I would respawn them just to make this easier, but I can't challenge the elite 4 till I complete this part of the story. :(

-Psy
You can KO lugia and come back after defeating the e4

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you have a good ear, you can also use Chatot pitches to verify your seed (and advance the frame), which works anywhere in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)