OU Cores in the BW2 Metagame

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a set in mind for Lucario, but I can't seem to find a solid core to work with him. Any suggestions?

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Offense and Defensive cores are welcome.
Imo Lucario is the best Gothitelle partner in the game. Gothitelle can trap almost every Lucario counter / check (Hippowdon, Skarmory, Conkeldurr etc) with a simple Choice Specs set set with Grass Knot / Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic / Trick (this can be changed to suit the team and such ofc.) The 2 paired together make a great offensive core and I'd definitely recommend trying it out. Sorry this is kinda brief, don't have much time, lol.

Hey guys :D
Lucario(packing BP) and Bulky Attacking Rotom-W work really well together, in conjunction with a varient (preferably CB) of Tyranitar. They eliminate each other's checks and counters (i.e: Lati twins gives Lucario problems if it hasn't set up. Rotom-W can't touch them. Ttar can eliminate them both. As long as Lucario has +2, Terrakion will fall and so is not a "threat" persay to this core. (Otherwise it's still threatening)).
The team requires a solid Fighting Resist and Celebi can usually fit the bill tanking water and grass moves along with Natural Cure and U-Turning with Volt Switch Rotom-W.

Tell me what you guys think :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Chansey + Ferrothorn + Bronzong (Dual Screens)

Stall rain core. Chansey has wish support to cover the other core mate's lack of reliable recovery. Ferrothorn sets up stealth rock or spikes well (at your preference). He takes Outrage well and dishes passive damage. Bronzong has virtually no weakness in the rain with levitate and all fire type attacks having their power halved. Bronzong already has intense bulk mixed wise, and dual screens help the whole team. Bronzong even could be a considerable to mixed Infernape, witch destroies the other two pokemon on their lone some. Yeah, I was messing with the SkamBliss combo and this came to me XD

Chansey + Ferrothorn + Bronzong (Dual Screens)

Stall rain core. Chansey has wish support to cover the other core mate's lack of reliable recovery. Ferrothorn sets up stealth rock or spikes well (at your preference). He takes Outrage well and dishes passive damage. Bronzong has virtually no weakness in the rain with levitate and all fire type attacks having their power halved. Bronzong already has intense bulk mixed wise, and dual screens help the whole team. Bronzong even could be a considerable to mixed Infernape, witch destroies the other two pokemon on their lone some. Yeah, I was messing with the SkamBliss combo and this came to me XD
I will never understand why people even bother to use Chansey as a core with Ferrothorn because its such a horrible idea. Its almost normal for Pokemon with Fighting type moves to set up infront of these two and you want to implement Wish passing between them? It won't work a lot of the time.

This core is really underused despite how effective and annoying it is.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

+

Tentacruel
@ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect

This criminally underused core features one of the deadliest Pokemon in OU: Kyurem with Toxic Spikes. Although Kyurem's seemingly more powerful brother, Kyurem-B, recently became unbanned, Kyurem still has an interesting niche with its slightly higher Special Attack and most importantly, Pressure. Pressure coupled with Toxic Spikes turns Kyurem Kyurem into a killing machine. The most common checks to Kyurem are beaten with the combination of SubRoost or Toxic Spikes, meaning that when put together Kyurem becomes lethal. Do you think your Bronzong a hard counter versus Kyurem? Think again, your Gyro Ball only has 4 PP and Kyurem can attempt to freeze or just PP stall you and switch out. The same applies with Ferrothorn; however, Kyurem actually beats Ferrothorn easily due to its Grass-typing negating the Ice-type resistance that its Steel-typing gives. The pink blobs lose 1v1 against Kyurem with Toxic Spikes up since the 56 HP EV's allow for 405 HP Substitutes. This allows you to have a residual damage HP number coupled with 101 HP Substitutes, turning pink blobs into black and blue blobs. Tentacruel is no slouch either in this core and does several jobs besides just setting up Toxic Spikes. For beginners, both Tentacruel and Kyurem have great synergy together.Tentacruel can absorb Fighting-type, and Steel-type moves for Kyurem while Kyurem can absorb Electric-type moves for Tentacruel. Tentacruel counters Scizor, a common check to Kyurem, as well as things like Conkeldurr, Breloom if it runs an Ice-type move / Poison-type Move, etc. Tentacruel's Rapid Spin support mitigates Kyurem's Stealth Rock weakness due to its known reliability as a spinner. This core is begging to be put on a rain team. Not only does Tentacruel gains its ever-so-important Rain Dish, but Kyurem can serve as the team's counter to persky Electric-types, Rotom-W especially. Both members of the core can also beat Ferrothorn which is helpful for rain.

The crux of this core is the use of Toxic Spikes. Because of this, the core strongly dislikes opposing Poison-typed Pokemon that could absorb Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes. Another flaw in the core is Kyurem's vulnerability to common STAB's. Rock-type moves, Fighting-type moves, etc. are omnipresent in the OU Metagame, making Kyurem's life not as easy he would of had wished. The core also dislikes opposing Lati@s and dragons. Politoed and a steel-type Pokemon such as Jirachi are fantastic partners for this core. Overall, despite the core's flaws it is a very underrated and powerful core that maybe you should try out.
I'm just spitballing here, but if the purpose is to stall with pressure, and Toxic Spikes. Wouldn't Dusclops make a better partner? I mean not only does Dusclops have the ability and Recovery in Pain Split, but its bulkier and it's Ghost Typing prevents the Spikes from being removed from the equation. Idk, I'm just throwing that out there... :/

I'm just spitballing here, but if the purpose is to stall with pressure, and Toxic Spikes. Wouldn't Dusclops make a better partner? I mean not only does Dusclops have the ability and Recovery in Pain Split, but its bulkier and it's Ghost Typing prevents the Spikes from being removed from the equation. Idk, I'm just throwing that out there... :/
If we are talking about good defensive Ghost pokemon, why would ANYONE consider Dusclops, who makes Chansey look like an offensive juggernaut, instead of more useful Ghosts? I mean, I'd rather choose Cofagrigus or Dusknoir, as both are bulky Ghosts who aren't very useful in OU nowadays, but they can, at least, attack

IMO, an offensive ghost like Gengar goes well with the Kyurem + tentacruel core. Speaking of that core, it is truly amazing especially when there is synergy galore with the team they are in. Kind of opened my eyes to how good Kyurem can be with just a little support from toxic spikes. I almost exclusively play Kyurem now because of this core. If only Kyurem-W would drop to OU...

Kyurem has offensive prowess and can sweep. Dusclops really.. well.. isn't that great in OU.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 136 SDef / 88 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

This core forms good defensive synergy for most teams, and protects most teams from rain-boosted Water attacks, and sun-boosted Fire attacks. This core is good for teams that have problems with both sun and rain.

I am using Roar on Heatran for the sheer surprise factor, and also because without it, Heatran cannot actually bypass Volcarona. Roar is also useful for other situations. For example, Fighting-types that try to use Heatran as setup fodder are forced to take more hazard damage and/or to switch-in and take more heavy damage from STAB Fire Blast. If Heatran has its balloon poped and Dugtrio is still alive on the enemy's team, you can use Roar to facilitate prediction. Fire Blast is because of STAB, Earth Power for opposing Heatran and HP Ice for Dragons.

Jellicent is there because it has amazing defensive synergy with Heatran. Thanks to Air Balloon, your opponent will more often than not, attempt to hit Heatran with Fighting- or Water-type attacks. However, Jellicent is immune to both of these types, so as long as Heatran can mantain its Air Balloon, it will be always defended by Jellicent. Not to mention that Jellicent can scare most Ground-types anyway, and Heatran can even defeat some Ground-types by itself.

Heatran protects Jellicent from its worst enemies, Grass-types, while Jellicent walls the Fighting-types and Water-types that would otherwise defeat Heatran.

However, there are three Pokémon that can, unfortunately, defeat this core: Rotom-W (if it carries Thunderbolt), Breloom (if it manages to outspeed Heatran or hit it with Mach Punch), and Hydreigon (if it has Dark Pulse). The former two can be countered by Celebi, while the latter has no counters, but is very easy to check and revenge kill.

This core is amazing to those that want checks to both rain teams and sun teams. Jellicent and Heatran's utility doesn't end here. Jellicent can shut down many walls with a combination of burn and Taunt, while Heatran checks Dragonite and Salamence. The two also resists almost all types thogether. The only three types that they miss out are Electric, Rock, and Ground (but Heatran is immune to Ground with Air Balloon).

Lucario(packing BP) and Bulky Attacking Rotom-W work really well together, in conjunction with a varient (preferably CB) of Tyranitar. They eliminate each other's checks and counters (i.e: Lati twins gives Lucario problems if it hasn't set up. Rotom-W can't touch them. Ttar can eliminate them both. As long as Lucario has +2, Terrakion will fall and so is not a "threat" persay to this core. (Otherwise it's still threatening)).
The team requires a solid Fighting Resist and Celebi can usually fit the bill tanking water and grass moves along with Natural Cure and U-Turning with Volt Switch Rotom-W.

Tell me what you guys think :)
I think between SD Lucario, Specs Gothitelle, Bulky Rotom-W, SpD Celebi, and CB TTar, you have 5/6 for a very interesting team. Maybe Heatran to add a FWG core? Keldeo over Rotom maybe for the classic Keldeo/TTar core too?

I've been using a team focusing around the core of Heracross and Heatran; they almost completely counter their weaknesses, with only a few types that only do neutral on both. I've been going strong with this team (I'd post the whole thing but this isn't the RMT thread), only losing on a very, very close 1-0 lose.

Curios to know your guys opinion, Jolly or Adamant on my Heracross? I'm using Jolly because of its low speed, though I've noticed some K0's that have been barely missed because of a slight lack in power. I'd love some insight on this (for the record, I do have rocks, and I also carry a a DDance Jolly Ttar as well as a Max speed timid Latios, the rest don't carry much speed investment.)

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass/Ice]

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Lets see...

+0 Bullet Punch fails to OHKO CB / Any Terrakion, which shits on the Wash / CB Tar / Lucario core. CM / Specs / Scarf Keldeo pretty much also shits on core; especially since it 2HKOs Wash with Secret Power. LO Breloom outspeeds standard Bulky Wash and Band Tar, and also OHKO basically everything this core has. Most sun teams easily threaten the core, even with the addition of Celebi.

FYI: Relying on setting up +2 on Lucario as your only check to Terrakion sucks. You rely on actually setting up (which is hard for Luke), and if Terrak can switch in on TTar, it sweeps from there T_T.

Instead of Celebi (which is OHKO'ed by X-Scissor / 2HKO'ed by SE, and always loses to +2 Terrak) I would go with Latias, which even though 2HKO'ed by SE, it lives X-Scissor and it outspeeds most Terrak (scarf being the rare exception). It also outspeeds and walls most Keldeo and Breloom and it benefits from TTar's ability to pursuit kill opposing Lati twins. It also has the benefits of checking sun to an extent. I prefer LO Bulky / Scarf depending if I have a scarfer or not so that's up to you.

Latias @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 72 Hp / 184 SAtk / 252 Se
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

IDK I'm bored, that's why I'm responding I guess. GL!

EDIT: @ BlankZero

SD Lucario, Specs Gothitelle, Bulky Rotom-W, SpD Celebi, and CB TTar

SubSD Terrak kind of crapsall over Goth if it has +2 when it switches in (sub spam to salac and sweep everything unless Luke is alive).
Jolly LO Scizor outspeeds and kills Goth, does 50% to Wash, pursuit traps Celebi, BP fucks CB Tar, and superpowers Luke.
Opposing TTar can easily pursuit trap Celebi / Goth and dent Wash and speed tie opposing CB Tar
Sun Teams also easily pressure that core to death
Mamoswine sweeps everything; the exception being the I-Can't-Switch-Into-EQ Lucario
SubCM Keldeo + CB Tar core > team
Specs Nadus 2HKO's Wash after rocks, FB kills Tar, and kills everything else

just pointing that out. you still have a six slot to fill.

I havent really considered this a core of my team until i was reading this thread lol, but in retrospect it does function very well as the core of one of my teams:

Jirachi@Leftovers
Serene Grace|Careful: 236HP/20ATK/252SDef
Moves: Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave/Iron Head/Fire Punch

Latios@ Life Orb
Levitate|Timid: 4HP/252SAtk/252Spe
IVs:31/30/31/30/31/30
Moves: Draco Meteor/Surf/Psyshock/HP [Fire]

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Regenerator| Bold: 252HP/252Def/4SAtk
Moves: Slackoff/Scald/Flamethrower/Toxic

This group synergizes (idek if thats a word) well enough together that I find that they are always the "last half" if a battle is going down hill for me. Its not that the other 3 members are expendable, its just that these three work so well together that it increases their longevity. Jirachi trolls with the moveset and sets uf the much needed stealth rock for latios (then again its OU so what is OU w/o rocks?). when some poke comes to threaten out rachi (whether it be some ground or fire move) then latios comes in to halt the ground and take the fire, with slowbro having the same ability. Latios has moves that hit 10/17 types super effective, and has perfect coverage on neutral damage. But if some other dragon type has come in, either rachi or bro come in to take the special or physical dragon move, respectively. And coupled with SR, they can then cripple the opposing dragon with either twave or toxic, effectively aiding Latios' sweeping powers. Only problems are the all linear weakness to ghost and dark, but the others on the team take care of that problem.

Nice combination, but wouldn't you rather run Pursuit instead of Night Slash?
Generally speaking Pursuit is a terrible move to lock yourself into, unless you get a Technician boost (i.e., Scizor). Generally speaking, the only reason you'd even use a dark type move on Heracross is because of Ghost types, who take Bug types like actual bee stings and Fighting types like nothing (literally). So, it's just not worth it. Besides, that stab Megahorn still hits like a truck, so late game, SOMETHING will get 2-hit KOed.

Of course you don't want to stay in after using Pursuit, but since your dark moves are for coverage proposes anyways -most of the games you won't even expect to use them-, I supposed you intended to predict a Ghost type coming in with Pursuit, and after probably failing to kill it -if you can one-shot all the key threats with Night Slash it is admittedly pointless-, finishing it off for sure with trapping. But maybe you switch Heracross into Ghost types more often than I initially expected.

Even at +1, I don't think Night Slash is all that threatening unless your opponent only has Psychic types left.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Generally speaking Pursuit is a terrible move to lock yourself into, unless you get a Technician boost (i.e., Scizor). Generally speaking, the only reason you'd even use a dark type move on Heracross is because of Ghost types, who take Bug types like actual bee stings and Fighting types like nothing (literally). So, it's just not worth it. Besides, that stab Megahorn still hits like a truck, so late game, SOMETHING will get 2-hit KOed.
Also, I have another question about your core. Wouldn't Balloon Heatran be better off with Hidden Power Ice instead of Hidden Power Grass? There are a lot of bulky Water-types who still don't take much damage from Hidden Power Grass, and Hidden Power Ice has more utility because with Balloon, you are guaranteed to take out Dragonite and Salamence. Unless they run Superpower/Waterfall/Brick Break or Brick Break, respectively (but they rarely use these moves). Also, while boosted Stone Edge will hurt a lot, Garchomp will not be able to take out Heatran, and unless it runs Yache Berry, it will be defeated by Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice is also a nice move to defeat Gliscor/Landorus without having to rely on Fire Blast's shaky accuracy.

Of course you don't want to stay in after using Pursuit, but since your dark moves are for coverage proposes anyways -most of the games you won't even expect to use them-, I supposed you intended to predict a Ghost type coming in with Pursuit, and after probably failing to kill it -if you can one-shot all the key threats with Night Slash it is admittedly pointless-, finishing it off for sure with trapping. But maybe you switch Heracross into Ghost types more often than I initially expected.

Even at +1, I don't think Night Slash is all that threatening unless your opponent only has Psychic types left.
I can't justify dark type moves on Heracross, they all suck (Night Slash can't even OHKO Gengar 100% of the time). Pursuit certainly has its uses, though as a revenge killer, you do not want to get locked into some lame ass move. And, if they want to sack their Gengar or something, they could still potentially survive the hit and get a lot of damage off on me. I can see its uses, but on a choice set, I just can't do it.

Also, I have another question about your core. Wouldn't Balloon Heatran be better off with Hidden Power Ice instead of Hidden Power Grass? There are a lot of bulky Water-types who still don't take much damage from Hidden Power Grass, and Hidden Power Ice has more utility because with Balloon, you are guaranteed to take out Dragonite and Salamence. Unless they run Superpower/Waterfall/Brick Break or Brick Break, respectively (but they rarely use these moves). Also, while boosted Stone Edge will hurt a lot, Garchomp will not be able to take out Heatran, and unless it runs Yache Berry, it will be defeated by Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice is also a nice move to defeat Gliscor/Landorus without having to rely on Fire Blast's shaky accuracy.
In general, yes, you should use HP Ice. It's just that my initial team (Heracross/Heatran/Ttar/Landorus-T) had a huge water weakness. I didn't invest any defense into basically any of them besides Landorus, so I put HP Grass to at least get something off (Scarf Heracross can normally do the rest. ) I tried to remedy the weakness with a Specs Gastrodon, as well as a reasonably special defensive Jirachi (originally a max attacking/speed Latios, I changed it because I wasn't getting anything notable with it, and most water types have Ice Beam anyways), though any bit helps. I'll consider changing it if I start getting swept by Landorus and stuff (seems reasonable now that you mentioned it).

Newbie here. I'm trying to build a team around Scarf Heracross (Its being a tough process thus far). Im thinking of using this core

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Egde
- Sleep Talk

Heatran @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Latios @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover

Could this work?

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVSs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Sp
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Member One of the offensive core, Lucario checks Ice types threatening Landorus and also kills dragons when needed. Biggest weakness is 4MSS, I want to have Crunch often, but usually he kills at least somethin.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Second member is Landorus, who functions as both a late game sweeper and soft check to Fighting types. He obliterates Fire types and does adequately well against Psychics. Psychic is for Gengar, and it does its job well. Overall, he and Lucario check each others counters pretty well while also having a good offensive presence alone.

The most dangerous threats here are the abundant Water types. They wreck Landy and Luke doesn't take hits very well. I usually have a Taunt Jellicent and Specially Defensive Zapdos to help this, and they also form a good defensive core together imo.

I came up with this core randomly and haven't tested it often, but in theory I believe this is pretty good. The few times it has been tested its turned out well. Any opinions or adjustments?

cat2killer, for your core why not try out Bullet Punch > Ice Punch on Lucario & then use Rock Polish Landorus? Lucario effectively lures Gengar with Bullet Punch so that Landorus can use Rock Polish and sweep. Just an idea. Also, it can take down Terrakion which could prevent Landorus from setting up with Band Stone Edge, although this is going to be rare.

Im suppresed we haven't talked about Magnezone and Kingdra yet. I've been using these two Pokemon on my team recently and they are great together. They are good for countering rain teams and getting rid of steel types.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 24 Atk / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Everyone who is running a rain team knows how deadly Kingdra can be because more than likely out speeds everything on their team. With Kingdra's STAB Hydro Pump you can expect a 2HKO to majority of your Pokemon unless resist water types. Draco Meteor can get rid of physical attackers and even Rotom-W with Stealth Rock damage. Only Jellicent and Blisset can take a Draco Meteor and retalite back with Thunder Wave, Will-O-Wisp. One way to counter is to Toxic stall Kingdra. With its Life Orb and Toxic Damage you can limit its sweep on your team. Ferrothorn and Jellicent can easily stop Kingdra in the rain as the both can sponge Kingdra's STAB moves. That's why Magnzone can get rid of these two Pokemon.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone can get rid of all steel types (bar Lucario and Metagross) with ease and open the field for STAB Draco Meteors from Kingdra. Flash Cannon is great for hitting Kyruem-B who likes to come in on Magnezone to set up Substitute. With a Choice Specs, nothing is a sure switch in to Magnezone unless your name is Chansey, Blissey, or a Pokemon immune to Electric. A waterfall from Kingdra in the rain can 2HKO Blissey with Stealth Rock.

You might need a fighting type to get through Blissey, and Chansey, but Kingdra and Magnezone are perfect partners.

Here's a defensive core I've been trying out recently. It's really effective against the meta, with Landorus-T handling physical threats like Terrakion, Garchomp, Breloom, etc. well, while also proving SR and Uturning abilites. Rotom helps check what Land can't, like bulky waters, Mamoswine, etc. Jirachi helps sponge Dracos and Hurricanes, while also providing Wish and paralysis support.

Adamant
Leftovers
200 HP / 64 ATK / 244 DEF
U-turn
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

Modest
Leftovers
184 HP / 4 Def / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Pain Split
Will-O-Wisp
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch

Careful
Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SP. Def / 4 Def
Wish
Protect
Iron Head
Body Slam

TerraZelf Offensive Core

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
252 Atk | 252 Spe | 4 Def
Naive Nature
Thunderbolt | Zen Headbutt | U-Turn | Ice Punch

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Justified
252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
252 Atk | 4 SDef | 252 Spe

Lucario @ Life Orb
EVSs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Sp
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Member One of the offensive core, Lucario checks Ice types threatening Landorus and also kills dragons when needed. Biggest weakness is 4MSS, I want to have Crunch often, but usually he kills at least somethin.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA 252 Spe 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Second member is Landorus, who functions as both a late game sweeper and soft check to Fighting types. He obliterates Fire types and does adequately well against Psychics. Psychic is for Gengar, and it does its job well. Overall, he and Lucario check each others counters pretty well while also having a good offensive presence alone.

The most dangerous threats here are the abundant Water types. They wreck Landy and Luke doesn't take hits very well. I usually have a Taunt Jellicent and Specially Defensive Zapdos to help this, and they also form a good defensive core together imo.

I came up with this core randomly and haven't tested it often, but in theory I believe this is pretty good. The few times it has been tested its turned out well. Any opinions or adjustments?
Scarf Mamoswine shits on this core. Ice Shard for Landorus and Earthquake for Lucario. However with some smart switching deadly situations can be avoided. However Mamoswine still looms as a big threat.
Rotom-Wash can pretty much wreck this core up.
Scarf Keldeos will make your life miserable as well.
To be more general it does really seem Rain+Water Weak.
It's not a bad core though. Just needs some more love from the remaining 4 members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)