MikeDecIsHere's Music Thread

MikeDecIsHere's Music Thread

Don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but I've been here a while, and I don't think there's a dedicated sub-forum for this haha.

I figured I would share some of the music that I produced. I got into doing this recently, and since I haven't been able to sing in a long time, this really is something that I find to be really fun.

If you guys want, I can post more covers that I plan on doing. You are also free to suggest songs that I can do covers on (I might not be able to do them though).

Every Team (A Conn Coll Tennis Rap)

This one was done with my tennis team and myself. I am the chorus and the 5th rap. A lot of inside jokes here, but the song itself is pretty good.

Heartless Cover

This was for a class, but goddamn I'm happy with how this one came out. Going above and beyond for an intro class certainly pays off haha.

If you guys want downloadable links, let me know. I would be happy to post them. Also, feel free to suggest some covers ^_^

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
What isn't this man good at.(besides pokemon) Now just lose the accent you fuckin' prick. :P

If you don't mind me asking have you ever taken vocal lessons?
I've taken one vocal lesson my entire life. So really I'm going to go with no for that one.

What isn't this man good at.(besides pokemon) Now just lose the accent you fuckin' prick. :P
Haha I actually intentionally sang with an accent in the second one in order to give the song a bit more flavor.

There's a music thread in Smeargle's Studio

In other news you have a really nice voice!
Well now I feel like a dumbass x.x

but thank you!

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't mind this sort of thread being in a forum at all personally

Sorry if I caused controversy with this x.x

Anyway, back to the purpose of this thread!

Pokemon Cypher 2012

Yeah, for those of you who don't know, some youtubers have started a tradition where they use a beat and make Pokemon Raps (Started by AreYouBrownXP and TheWhizBone). Anyway, I was called out, so I decided to make one of these raps. Pokemon Raps are hilariously bad haha.

Edit: I also made a list of songs in the op, just to make browsing easier.

Edit2: The next cover I will be doing will most likely either be "How to Save a Life" by The Fray or "Summer Love" by Justin Timberlake. Opinions would be cool. I will not be making the rhythm for those unfortunately, I don't have the time.

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not really sure why, that forum is for visual art. I would've posted there a long time ago, had I known it existed. Should we move it here?
Not to undermine DM or anything, but this post and that thread in general would highly discourage removing the music thread from SS, though talk to a Mod about it if you feel strongly about having that sort of thing here in a forum. :3

So as to actually supply something to this thread, your newest song is hilarious, Mike! Great stuff, hahaha :D

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
2 Questions.

1) Do you make your own beats and background tracks? They sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! They're so clear and sound like they're mixed very professionally.

2) WHY U NO JOIN THE EPIC POKEMON RAP BATTOL TOURNAMENT???

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, nice job! You have a cool voice; your diction is very clear and you can hear the passion for what you're singing about in your pieces (especially on the Heartless cover). I'd love to see some more stuff!

In terms of the Music Thread in Smeargle's Studio, talk with the mods there about it. As someone who loves music and sharing compositions, I'd be cool with it being in either forum.

2 Questions.

1) Do you make your own beats and background tracks? They sound grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat! They're so clear and sound like they're mixed very professionally.

2) WHY U NO JOIN THE EPIC POKEMON RAP BATTOL TOURNAMENT???

The only beat that I made was the one for the Heartless cover. The one for "Every Team" is actually "Every Girl" by Young Money. The Cypher's beat was done by some DJ, idk the name though.

There's a Rap Battle Tournament? ._.

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone :]

I just made a new song:

Iris Cover

This was for the karaoke contest, but I figured I would add it to my repertoire over here :]

In honor of user Reyscarface's extreme homosexuality, I decided to cover the band that he probably beats off to every single night before he goes to sleep:

What Makes You Beautiful Cover

Think I did ok. Tough to match pitch with kids who really haven't hit puberty yet, but whatever haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)