Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what about that Level 51 battle is a glitch. Regigigas had Slow Start, you used Tailwind to negate it, and there was one turn when Tailwind was still active and Slow Start was not.

Darumaka had Hustle. That would have taken you less than half a second to figure out.
Oh, sorry then. Didn't know it had hustle.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
i report this bug here:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesvgc2013dev6605905

at the last turn Starmie attacks before than Aerodactyl (jolly), without any reason (and before that turn aero attacked first)..

aerodactyl should be faster than starmie, but for an unknown reason in that turn it wasn't.

Why?
There are many possibilities. It could be a speed tie (most of the time when people report a "speed bug", it's because a Pokemon didn't have the EVs/nature someone thought it had), or Aerodactyl could have been using a negative priority move...

Salamence used Outrage!
A critical hit! The foe's Jellicent lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Jellicent held up its Red Card against the foe's Jellicent!
Wobbuffet was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet!
Wobbuffet is hurt by the spikes!
The foe's Jellicent fainted!
Wobbuffet's Moxie raised its Attack!

As you can see, wobbuffet used salamences moxie.

Salamence used Outrage!
A critical hit! The foe's Jellicent lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Jellicent held up its Red Card against the foe's Jellicent!
Wobbuffet was dragged out!
Pointed stones dug into Wobbuffet!
Wobbuffet is hurt by the spikes!
The foe's Jellicent fainted!
Wobbuffet's Moxie raised its Attack!

As you can see, wobbuffet used salamences moxie.
Someone already posted that glitch only with Honchkrow and Forretress

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gastrodon's ability Storm Drain draws in Water attacks and gives it a SpA boost. However, it redirects but should not gain a boost when it uses Protect. It does in doubles on PS!

It happened in a real match and then I tested it with someone else in order to get a screenshot. I'm not sure if it is exclusive to doubles or to the nugget bridge server, but it's a fairly big thing in VGC and it'd be great if it could get fixed!

(this thread for reference that what I'm saying about Storm Drain is correct)

Sandstorm+Forretress

I noticed that when the VGC double was introduced, Forretress was taking Sandstorm damage. This is a Bug (no pun intended) that is not noticed. Forretress is a Bug-Steel type, and it's getting hurt from Sandstorm. The opponent did not use a move to change the types of Forretress, I made sure every time.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/randombattle6738469

If Sleep Clause would be activated by Yawn putting a Pokemon to sleep, the Pokemon successfully is kept awake by Sleep Clause, but the "Drowsy" tag remains attached to the Pokemon affected by Yawn. Not all that important, but just pointing it out.
a bit off topic but curious - is this behavior (making sleep moves fail) possible in game or are we breaking game mechanics to make sleep clause work

the drowsy tag isn't actually battle behavior, fwiw, it's purely a pokemon showdown assistance thing

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
a bit off topic but curious - is this behavior (making sleep moves fail) possible in game or are we breaking game mechanics to make sleep clause work

the drowsy tag isn't actually battle behavior, fwiw, it's purely a pokemon showdown assistance thing
Breaking.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I noticed that when the VGC double was introduced, Forretress was taking Sandstorm damage. This is a Bug (no pun intended) that is not noticed. Forretress is a Bug-Steel type, and it's getting hurt from Sandstorm. The opponent did not use a move to change the types of Forretress, I made sure every time.
......please read the bug report instructions.

You're not posting a replay, or even a log.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oucurrent6774452

Reuniclus set up Trick Room as Breloom swithces in. Breloom then outspeeds somehow and uses spore. Reuniclus runs min speed and the opponent confirmed that Breloom was faster. Unless I'm missing something (which is entirely possible) shouldn't Reuniclus have outspeed?
My most likely explanation is that Trick Room was accidentally selected again (Trick Room has negative priority), which is why you moved after Breloom.

There are a number of ways that could have happened: Lag while you double-clicked Trick Room (or selected it, and then hit Cancel and selected it again during a lag period. Or it could have been a misclick.

minor but the only way to obtain basculin-B with Rock Head is a ingame trade in white 1 that restricts it's IVs to 31 atk and 21 for everything else and locks it's nature to adamant it can not be used any other way currently which effectively renders it like certain event mons it can not legally be with any other IV/natures currently and you can't obtain rock head any other way since normal Basculin-B has the same abilities as standard basculin.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
minor but the only way to obtain basculin-B with Rock Head is a ingame trade in white 1 that restricts it's IVs to 31 atk and 21 for everything else and locks it's nature to adamant it can not be used any other way currently which effectively renders it like certain event mons it can not legally be with any other IV/natures currently and you can't obtain rock head any other way since normal Basculin-B has the same abilities as standard basculin.
The weirdness of Basculin-B's Abilities was actually a bug in Black and White that has been fixed. The Basculin-B from the in-game trade was the only one that correctly had Rock Head instead of Reckless. In Black 2 and White 2, all wild Basculin-B have Adaptability or Rock Head, as they intended.

hello, i was playing with my uu team today using a cofagrigus with mummy as the ability (pretty sure its his only ability but w/e :P) now after my foe's pokemon attack my cofagrigus we all now it will gain the ability mummy, however after my foe's crobat attacked me he swaped is it after gaining the mummy ability to keep get back his inner focus (he was using a crobat at the time.) now after he swap he brought it back in and the ability on my screen still said mummy how ever my foe said that it was not there

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-uu6791202 note this is not the battle i was in with that crobat but i was able to redo the results my foe said he saw the mummy ability on my umbroen after swapping it out on turn 5

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You forgot to save the battle replay, the link doesn't work. Mummy should go away when a Pokemon switches.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Think some of these may have already been reported elsewhere but I don't see them on the last page or two, so for the record:

• Gastrodon currently gets a SpAtk boost from Storm Drain while using Protect. Water attacks should be re-directed to Gastrodon, but there should not be a stat boost.
  • Resist Berries currently activate when a Pokemon has a substitute up. This should not happen.
  • Dig / Fly / etc currently allow you to choose a new target on the second turn. The target should be locked as soon as you use the move.

Think some of these may have already been reported elsewhere but I don't see them on the last page or two, so for the record:

• Gastrodon currently gets a SpAtk boost from Storm Drain while using Protect. Water attacks should be re-directed to Gastrodon, but there should not be a stat boost.
  • Resist Berries currently activate when a Pokemon has a substitute up. This should not happen.
  • Dig / Fly / etc currently allow you to choose a new target on the second turn. The target should be locked as soon as you use the move.
Its not just storm drain. Any effect that would activate as a result of an attack (such as lightningrod, volt absorb and flash fire) activates through protect. Its been there since ps started but wasn't actually abusable until doubles was introduced. The only scenario when the secondary effect doesn't activate is when a pokemon is immune to the attack type (rhyperior with lightningrod won't get the spatk boost).

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have some Double glitches, too

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublescustomgame6868393

~ Encore randomizes the target that you select, similarly to how the Outrage user cannot select a target. According to breh who tested in-game, a user locked into Encore should still be able to choose its target

~ Counter / Mirror Coat is supposed to target the Pokemon who damaged the user last. However, from these games, it seems that Wobbuffet can choose its target.

~ I also think Sky Drop have the same problem as Dig / Fly, in being able to choose a different target even after lifting a target up in the air.

Fling doesn't activate Unburden

Just noticed this then, but my Hitmonlee used Fling (throwing an Iron Ball) and afterwards was outsped by a non-scarfed Rotom. I didn't switch out so my Unburden should've made me way faster. I used this set on Pokemon Online for ages and it worked perfectly. Please fix this because I love this set!

@Pocket. About Counter, for me it randomly chose an opponent to attack. My opponent had two pokemon (doubles), one of which attacked me, while the other used protect. I used counter (on a physical attack), and it targeted the protecting pokemon, making counter fail while it should not have.

log would have looked like this:

opponent one used earthquake, opponent two used protect
pokemon one took damage from earthquake, tried to target opponent two with counter (like it should not have done) but the move failed due to protect. pokemon two used protect that turn.

I do not have a log or replay anymore, as it happened some time ago (and I posted it some time ago I'm quite sure). Hope this helps.

Found a Spikey Eared Pichu in CC

Here's the info:

Spikey eared Pichu in CC
Type unknown (Could be Glitch or Bird from the beta for RBY)
Ability Static
Moves: Present, Defense Curl, Bide, Snore
Item unknown

Found a Spikey Eared Pichu in CC

Here's the info:

Spikey eared Pichu in CC
Type unknown (Could be Glitch or Bird from the beta for RBY)
Ability Static
Moves: Present, Defense Curl, Bide, Snore
Item unknown
Confirming. Saw 2 people with this.

EDIT: Screenshot:

I just realized. It's always the same teams. Lunatone, Poliwag, Gloom, Typhlosion, Kadabra and Timburr versus five Marowaks and a Spiky-Eared Pichu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)