Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If OU isn't suspect testing atm, then why has the ladder on PS! been reset, and changed to "OU Current"?

edit: nvm, I ninja'd the Suspect Thread.

What is a good anti-weather Pokemon in OU? I wanna keep it weatherless :)
Gastrodon is great for combating rain, just watch out for things like hp grass and toxic.

Heatran is excellent against sun teams. And if you use the sunny day set, you can counter any weather team once ttar, snow, toed, or tails is dead.

Dugtrio is also nice for trapping and taking out weather inducers.

Skarmory is good against hippowdon and physical ttar. Watch out for fire blast.

On Hyper Offense teams how do I deal with magic bounce pokemon? Do I switch to a pokemon to beat it or what? I'm new to Hyper Offense so I'm not familiar to the ways to play them.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
On Hyper Offense teams how do I deal with magic bounce pokemon? Do I switch to a pokemon to beat it or what? I'm new to Hyper Offense so I'm not familiar to the ways to play them.
As Blankzero said, skill swap is a move that will "swap" the ability of the user with the target (pressure with magic bounce) allowing your Deo-d to set up hazards while your opponent tries to switch to something else. Also, it does work with other things such as Jirachi (not letting him to abuse serene grace).

LilOu

PO poopyhead
What threats wont I be outspeeding or be able to OHKO if I choose to use Adamant Scarf Heracross over Jolly Scarf Heracross?
Well, first lets check the maximum speed reached by hera with both natures.

Choice Scarf Adamant Heracross, 252 speed evs: 403 speed

Choice Scarf Jolly Heracross, 252 speed evs: 442 speed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you decide to run the Adamant variant, you wont be able to outspeed adamant choice scarf Darmanitan neither choice scarf Krookodile. Also, scarf timid Chandelure would be able to outspeed you.

Basically, a jolly nature is prefered because it will let you outspeed and KILL this pokes not mattering if you are not running adamant. Otherwise, the extra power that the adamant has is not going to work against the pokes named above.

Another good reason for running jolly is that moxie will compensate the little loss in atk in comparison with adamant.

Well, first lets check the maximum speed reached by hera with both natures.

Choice Scarf Adamant Heracross, 252 speed evs: 403 speed

Choice Scarf Jolly Heracross, 252 speed evs: 442 speed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you decide to run the Adamant variant, you wont be able to outspeed adamant choice scarf Darmanitan neither choice scarf Krookodile. Also, scarf timid Chandelure would be able to outspeed you.

Basically, a jolly nature is prefered because it will let you outspeed and KILL this pokes not mattering if you are not running adamant. Otherwise, the extra power that the adamant has is not going to work against the pokes named above.

Another good reason for running jolly is that moxie will compensate the little loss in atk in comparison with adamant.

Thanks a ton

PS: I'm using Moxie Heracross on my OU team. You only mentioned UU pokes though.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
BlackRussian said:
PS: I'm using Moxie Heracross on my OU team. You only mentioned UU pokes though.
Oh sorry, i thought that you were talking about UU because Hera is UU. I'll try to compare with other common Ou scarfers.

-Adamant Dragonite +1 Speed reaches 388. Outspeeded by Adamant Hera.
-Jolly Garchomp +1 Speed reaches 499. Not outspeeded by Adamant neither Jolly.
-Adamant Haxorus +1 Speed reaches 439. Outspeeded by Jolly Hera.
-Timid Heatran +1 Speed reaches 417. Outspeeded by Jolly Hera.
-Modest Hydreigon +1 Speed reaches 442. Speed tie with Jolly Hera.
-Adamant Kyurem-B +1 Speed reaches 433. Outspeeded by Jolly Hera.

As you can see, Jolly variant outspeeds more stuff, while Adamant dont.
Note that scarfers such as Salamence, Infernape, Keldeo, etc, will always outspeed heracross no matter his nature.

Hope i helped c:

Are there any particular KOs that SubDD Gyarados gets with Aqua Tail that he doesn't with Waterfall? I'm running the SubDD set on-site.

Has anyone else tried running Gastrodon in sun? I've been using Specially Defensive Gastrodon with Earth Power/Ice Beam/Toxic/Recover, and it's been a huge help against rain teams. I am also struggling to find good partners for it, so any suggestions would be nice.

If you can make room for it on your team, Weavile can outspeed and Pursuit-trap every Magic Bouncer. He also comes with the added benefit of revenge killing threats like Dragon-types and Tornadus-T. He's frail, weak to Stealth Rock and has to rely on relatively weak STABs (Night Slash, Ice Punch and Ice Shard), but he can take care of Magic Bouncers if you don't want your Deoxys-D to use Skill Swap.

What would a typical rain team consist of (rather, whats the formula that is usually followed in building it)? Would a typical rain team consist of defensive/specs/scarf toed, lo tornadus t, defensive ferrothorn, defensive tentacruel/starmie, dugtrio/jolteon/toxicroak/scizor/thundurus t/keldeo/latios, and celebi/jirachi/latias/rotom-w? Ive been thinking of trying a generic rain team out and then tweaking it bit by bit.

From my experience, the common rain team is composed of specstoed, lo torn t, ferro-cruel, jirachi and something to either check other threats or Duggyy

I have a question about Scizor.

Scizor uses Bug Bite, with Technican the power of 60 base are doubled. Scizor is a Bug Type so the 120 gains doubled because the Stab or is the Stab first an raises the Power to 120 and technican isn't affectet because the power is 120 and not 60 anymore.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I have a question about Scizor.

Scizor uses Bug Bite, with Technican the power of 60 base are doubled. Scizor is a Bug Type so the 120 gains doubled because the Stab or is the Stab first an raises the Power to 120 and technican isn't affectet because the power is 120 and not 60 anymore.
STAB does not raise the Base Power of a move, it just sets the STAB multiplier of the damage formula to 1.5 (that roughly has the same effect of raising the BP by 50%). Furthermore, Technician only raises the BP of the move by 50% if it's less or equal than 60. So a Bug Bite from a Technician Scizor is a STAB base 90 BP Bug move, which is roughly equivalent to a base 120 135 BP Bug move.

What are some good SDers (Swords Dancers) in OU? Preferably with a priority move. I'm trying to make a team around them and right now I have SD Technician Breloom and Scizor with Lucario. There's also Wobbuffet for encore, and an SR setter I haven't decided. Probably Deo-D.

Aqua Jet Feraligatr? Just joking, nevermind. What about SD Garchomp as a wallbreaker? It doesn't have any priority though.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What are some good SDers (Swords Dancers) in OU? Preferably with a priority move. I'm trying to make a team around them and right now I have SD Technician Breloom and Scizor with Lucario. There's also Wobbuffet for encore, and an SR setter I haven't decided. Probably Deo-D.

Aqua Jet Feraligatr? Just joking, nevermind. What about SD Garchomp as a wallbreaker? It doesn't have any priority though.
Well there aren't too many more Swords Dancers in OU (at least that are viable), however there are a couple that could do pretty good on a SD team. One in particular is a SD Ferrothorn. Although it may sound like a gimmick, once it sets up it's quite dangerous with STAB Gyro Balls, Power Whips, and Bulldozes. It's also one of the few SD users that has high bulk and only two weaknesses, so Ferrothorn can find it quite easy to set up. Another one you could use is a SD Toxicroak. Toxicroak is a great Rain Check, and he'll find it very easy to set up against Rain teams once Tornadus-T is gone. Toxicroak has priority in Sucker Punch, so there's another priority user for you. Last but not least you can always use Sub SD Terrakion, one of the most fearsome Dancers in OU, OR you could use its Double Dancer set with Rock Polish and SD.

Hope this helped!

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Salamence97 said:

Feraligatr is actually decentish. If you're providing Rain Dance support maybe Kabutops might work. SD Chomp is great as well. Other SDers include Terrakion and Landorus-I/T. Don't worry, you have plenty of Pokemon to choose from. I'm not so sure about the whole team concept, but hey, go for it!

Actually, I realized that I'm better off making such a team in Ubers where we have stuff like ExtremeKiller and SD Rayquaza. Also, Lucario and Scizor work surprisingly well in Ubers, so I can use them too.
Anyways, thanks for the replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)