Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would call Deo-D a Lead, which are common for every playstyle, rather than a supporter. Fast hazards can be found on suicide leads too (common on HO in BW1, BW2 has lowered their usage though) Examples of such are SashSR Azelf, SashMamo, SashAerodactyl, etc.

Supporters to me rhymes with Teammates. Your teammates job are to support the team in anyway they can (late game sweeping, revenge killing, hazard stacking, gluing, etc.). The type of support varies whether you play offense or defense though, so instead of using Bronzong for SR (which walls and doesn't offer much offense; UNLESS your using TR?!?) you would use SashLead Terrakion or Offensive Jirachi depending on what your team needs (steel resist vs. terrakions utility).

Hope I helped!
Helped so much! Cheers mate!

If you are running Scarfmence you need a moveset like outrage, earthquake (for heatran), fire blast and dragon claw if you dont want to get trapped when you dont need to. With fire blast in sun you can deal very nice with scarmory.

Now, you must br careful with the omnipresent scarf keldeo because once you used outrage your opponent can death fodder something and then revnge kill your mence with hp ice, and there goes your scarfer.
Got it :) thanks so much for the help

and i have one more question:

I've been running into several situations where Venusaur (whos had one growth already) was the last one left, and the opponent had a heatran sent out, keeping the rest of the pokemon easily koed by venusaur inside their pokeballs. giga drain gave me recovery, sludge bomb gave me the ability to hurt dragons, and growth let me boost. Is it advisable to give up hp fire for earthquake in order to avoid situations like this and hit heatran and chandelure? i would give up growth, but its extraordinarily useful when facing a chansey or blissey with toxic and no flamethrower. I'm facing a huge 4 slot syndrome with this leafy dino. >.< Is giving it lefties over lo also a bad idea? also, is giving ninetales hp ground over sunny day a bad idea as well?

Got it :) thanks so much for the help

and i have one more question:

I've been running into several situations where Venusaur (whos had one growth already) was the last one left, and the opponent had a heatran sent out, keeping the rest of the pokemon easily koed by venusaur inside their pokeballs. giga drain gave me recovery, sludge bomb gave me the ability to hurt dragons, and growth let me boost. Is it advisable to give up hp fire for earthquake in order to avoid situations like this and hit heatran and chandelure? i would give up growth, but its extraordinarily useful when facing a chansey or blissey with toxic and no flamethrower. I'm facing a huge 4 slot syndrome with this leafy dino. >.< Is giving it lefties over lo also a bad idea? also, is giving ninetales hp ground over sunny day a bad idea as well?
This is why you run Dugtrio on Sun teams. It traps threats like Heatran, TTar, etc. for you so you don't have to worry about this. Also, keep Sunny Day on Ninetales; it's far too useful to keep momentum against opposing weather inducers.

This is why you run Dugtrio on Sun teams. It traps threats like Heatran, TTar, etc. for you so you don't have to worry about this. Also, keep Sunny Day on Ninetales; it's far too useful to keep momentum against opposing weather inducers.
Ah *facepalm again* it slipped my mind completely lol thank you so much for reminding me about dugtrio :P

So on a team of attacking ninetails, attacking venusaur, defensive starmie, suicide lead deoxys d, trick sableye (probably the most irreplaceable member next to ninetails thanks to its ability to cripple spedy sweepers, physical attackers, and walls), and scarf salamence, who should i let go of in order to keep dugtrio?

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
-starmie -deo +forretress +dugtrio will give you something fairly standard to experiment with; there's really no good reason to skip dugtrio on sun teams when you really need its support. deoxys is a bit of an odd fit tbh, i find it's rather hard to maintain the pressure needed to prevent spinning when you also want to win a weather war with one of the crappiest mons in OU

-starmie -deo +forretress +dugtrio will give you something fairly standard to experiment with; there's really no good reason to skip dugtrio on sun teams when you really need its support. deoxys is a bit of an odd fit tbh, i find it's rather hard to maintain the pressure needed to prevent spinning when you also want to win a weather war with one of the crappiest mons in OU
Should it be a phys forry or a SpD forry?

And alll right, ill give them a go and see how that works. Thanks :)

How can most people pick out certain threats to a team? (Especially in the RMT section, if you were to give me a random team to rate, I'd say it looks good if it looks standard-ish and has good diversity in Pokes)

From my experience, Mixed Metagross is not very good; unless you need a lure for a certain threat (eg - you need to lure Jellicent to slap it with Grass Knot) but Specs Gothi will make a better job at handling said threats.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
How can most people pick out certain threats to a team? (Especially in the RMT section, if you were to give me a random team to rate, I'd say it looks good if it looks standard-ish and has good diversity in Pokes)
Imagine that you have a team like this:
Ninetales, donphan, chansey, heatran, xatu and azelf. This team is only an example and it sucks haha. Well,how do you know about threats to this team?
Its simple. Whats the common weakness? I can see a lot of weakness to water and nothing to handle it (except Chansey maybe). Now, think about te common pokemons that are usually on most of ou teams that can make this have some trouble...the first thing that comes to my mind is Keldeo. Which poke is a good teammate for keldeo? banded tyranitar. Ok, making some calcs, banded t-tar deals 90% usually to the standard ninetails with pursuit when she tries to switch and he OHKO's chansey with superpower an deals 50% with pursuit (when switching) now, once ttat kills ninetales and chansey keldeo is free to sweep. Just spam hydro pump or surf and everything dies.
When trying to improve this team dugtrio can make a good act, you death fodder something and then sen dugtrio to trap and kill ttar. Once ttar is dead your infinite sun cones out and keldeo starts suffering cause he doesnt like sun.

This is something short an quick, but you should think better before rating a team. Here you can find all threats by tiers.

If im skipping gyro ball on sdef forry for volt turn, can i just make it calm, put 0 attack ivs, and put its speed ivs to 31? Or will that harm it?

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Depends. Ferro usually runs Power Whip or Gyro, and I wouldn't recommend not putting on an attack for the sake of being Taunt prone. So 0 atk IVs would effect Ferro if you're still using Power Whip since its an attack an will not benefit from 0 attack IVs. I also don't see the point in keeping its speed IVs at 31 or making its attack to 0 (unless confusion)? It doesn't really need speed so unless your running Gyro Ball its kinda useless since it doesn't hit any relatively nice speed tier anyway so I don't see why you would care x3. As for its attack, you should be running either Whip, Gyro, or both so run 31 atk IVs so you can still hit for decent damage.

Use a Careful nature instead.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Depends. Ferro usually runs Power Whip or Gyro, and I wouldn't recommend not putting on an attack for the sake of being Taunt prone. So 0 atk IVs would effect Ferro if you're still using Power Whip since its an attack an will not benefit from 0 attack IVs. I also don't see the point in keeping its speed IVs at 31 or making its attack to 0 (unless confusion)? It doesn't really need speed so unless your running Gyro Ball its kinda useless since it doesn't hit any relatively nice speed tier anyway so I don't see why you would care x3. As for its attack, you should be running either Whip, Gyro, or both so run 31 atk IVs so you can still hit for decent damage.

Use a Careful nature instead.
forre not ferro...

If im skipping gyro ball on sdef forry for volt turn, can i just make it calm, put 0 attack ivs, and put its speed ivs to 31? Or will that harm it?
Yes, you can do this. However if you have another SR capable Pokemon on your team, you could make take some of the pressure off Forre and free up a slot for Gyro Ball. I usually run Spikes/T-Spikes/Gyro Ball/Rapid Spin on my Forretress and put SR on Jirachi or w/e.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
OMG I didn't see that my bad ^_^

Shokwav has it right; listen to him. I can't believe I missed that... sorry :c

Is it better to keep Scizor in against a Politoed and U-turn, or hard switch? The standard toed only runs 4 Speed EVs while Adamant Scizor runs enough to outpace it.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Scarf Toed is so common I would hard switch unless you know its defensive, which case U-turn hard :] (although some POli run 24 spe evs!)

Yes, you can do this. However if you have another SR capable Pokemon on your team, you could make take some of the pressure off Forre and free up a slot for Gyro Ball. I usually run Spikes/T-Spikes/Gyro Ball/Rapid Spin on my Forretress and put SR on Jirachi or w/e.
Thanks :) i actually have dugtrio using it and forry having spikes and tox spikes alongside volt switch and rapid spin.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask this but I will. Didn't Smogon release like an app or something awhile ago? If so, could a link be provided to where they announced it? Thanks in advance if someone responds.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I don't know if this is the best place to ask this but I will. Didn't Smogon release like an app or something awhile ago? If so, could a link be provided to where they announced it? Thanks in advance if someone responds.
I Googled and i found THIS.

Also, i have been searching in App Store things like "Smogon" or "The Smog" but i didnt find anything, sorry for that.

If my Deoxys-D is laying out entry hazards and my opponent switches into Starmie. Do I switch into Gengar to have a spin block? Or will my opponent most likely Psychic knowing the Gengar is coming? Should I let my Deoxys-D simply Perish?

My Gengar is Choice Scarfed, so he can easily one shot starmie with shadow ball if the block happens.

If my Deoxys-D is laying out entry hazards and my opponent switches into Starmie. Do I switch into Gengar to have a spin block? Or will my opponent most likely Psychic knowing the Gengar is coming? Should I let my Deoxys-D simply Perish?

My Gengar is Choice Scarfed, so he can easily one shot starmie with shadow ball if the block happens.
That is completely a game of prediction. Many times, the switch to gengar will be best, especially considering the influx of bulky starmie which means:

252 SpAtk Starmie Hydro Pump vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Gengar: 79.69% - 94.25%
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

So it is the safest move generally.

If you want extra reassurance though (in case something goes wrong), consider running a pursuit trapper to trap starmie (preferably one faster such as weavile) so that even if gengar dies, it will still have been the best option, easing prediction a ton.

Could someone who has Black or White 2 tutor my Bagon the move Outrage? I only have the original Black/White game so I don't have access to the move tutor. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could...my BW FC is 2666 8071 604. Just send me a PM if you'd be willing, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)