5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I am trying to RNG Latias in White 2 however I notice that there are frame advancements in the Dreamworld, is this frame advancement random or a fixed number?
Random. Theres an NPC in the area that advances the frames. When I did my Latios they advanced me 8 frames. But the advancements will be the same for the same seed. So in my example, I had an offset of 8. So I stopped 8 before my target, and let the NPC advance me the rest after I took my step towards Latios.

Hope this helps :)
-Psy

how to correctly use adjacent finder

Hi I'm just starting 5th gen RNG (only did HGSS RNG previously).
and I have a few quick questions

I'm starting with IV manipulation for BW2 after finding the parameters. Using RNG reporter 9.96.5 beta.

After using the 5th gen time finder and found a seed for the spread...
(no success in hitting the spread needless to say...)
I noticed the IV spreads from the Adjacent Seed tool don't match the IVs in the time finder.

Any ideas what I did wrong and how do I use the adjacent finder correctly?

Also a few quick questions about the IVRNG,
- do things like weather, WNPC, etc affect the IVRNG at all?
- Or are you basically set if you are able to hit the correct second and Timer0?
I don't care for shininess and i'll try to leave PIDRNG alone for now since I'm just starting.

When I read most of page 1 of this thread, I noticed most of the information is for BW1. What are some of the things I need to watch out for to setup RNG reporter correctly for BW2? Does anyone know where I could read up on info specific for BW2?

In the Profile Editor. What are the checkboxes 'soft reset' and 'memory link' for? Do they affect seed finding?

If I'm using a DS original, trying for English ver of White 2; have 'memory-linked' a BW1 through WiFi;
do I have the profile setup correctly here?

*specifically what I'm trying to do is trying to get an IV spread for the Braviary in route 4 on W2.
I'm not hitting the spread and can't find it on the adjacent finder.
Is the sandstorm / WNPC going to mess up the IVRNG in this case?
If so where would be a better place/mon to start for just doing IVRNG for BW2?

thanks so much...

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Long story short, no, weather does not advance the IV frame; only PID frame.

Why are you using an IV frame of 3 for the Braviary? That would require you to advance the IV frame...Go for IV frame of 1 in your search. That is why you weren't hitting your intended seed (alongside perhaps missing your timer0).

I want to clarify keypresses, as this is my first time using them...according to the guide:

You hold the keys that the keypress tells you to the moment you boot the game until the Nintendo logo appears.
...now the only problem to me is, there are several things that can qualify as a "nintendo logo" to me, at least with the old phat/brick DS. So I mean, are we holding down whatever keys it tells us to from when we turn the system on until what then? When start screen shows the Nintendo DS on the top, once we hit A to enter and it shows the one with TPC/Nintendo on, or the one right after it, etc?

Or can we just hold down all the keys necessary until we actually enter the game?

I want to clarify keypresses, as this is my first time using them...according to the guide:

...now the only problem to me is, there are several things that can qualify as a "nintendo logo" to me, at least with the old phat/brick DS. So I mean, are we holding down whatever keys it tells us to from when we turn the system on until what then? When start screen shows the Nintendo DS on the top, once we hit A to enter and it shows the one with TPC/Nintendo on, or the one right after it, etc?

Or can we just hold down all the keys necessary until we actually enter the game?

After you hit A / touch screen to boot the game at timer,
that's when you go and hold down the key presses as soon as possible.

You can let go when the TPC/Nintendo screen (first screen) shows up.

Hi i just started with standard seed abuse for wild pokemon in Pokemon black (using sweet scent). So the RNG-reporter says my frame is 9. In order to advance my frame, I want to use the chatter from two chatots. So what do I exactly have to do? First teach them some new words by talking to the microphone and then, after I hit the correct seed, simply view their summary for exactly 8 times as my starting frame is always 1?
However, this didn´t seem to work. Because I did some tests, the frame I always get is frame 1, no matter how often I view their summaries. So why doesn´t it work?

And what is the difference beween "advancing the frame" and "advancing the frame for the RNG that determines nature/PID/egg inheritance" (post #1)?
How can i find out my starting frame from the method called "advancing the frame for the RNG that determines nature/PID/egg inheritance"?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi i just started with standard seed abuse for wild pokemon in Pokemon black (using sweet scent). In order to advance my frame, I want to use the chatter from two chatots. So what do I exactly have to do? First teach them some new words by talking to the microphone and then, after I hit the correct seed, simply view their summary?
Will this also work if those chatots are created via action replay? Because I did some tests, however the frame I always get is frame 1, no matter how often I view their summaries.
Chatot advances PID frame, not IV frame.

In BW2, when are Cresselia's Nature and IV's generated? When i use the Lunar Wing or Speak to it?
Cresselia is like any other stationary: IVs and nature are generated once you talk to it. Just have her summoned already and save in front of her, then do your RNG abuse.

I just started on RNG for my White 2. When I input the time at which I caught my Pokemon in the DS Parameters Search, there is no output for the seed. If the following information is also required, I used Sweet Scent to encounter the wild Pokemon and noted the time at which it was encountered and the time at which it was caught. I tried using both timings but I couldn't generate a seed. Any help on the matter will be appreciated. Thank you!

A few questions. Can you RNG the in-game traded Rotom or are its IVs set? Second, is there any way to remove the fog in the Nature Sanctuary? Lastly, is the procedure to RNg the gift pokemon (eevee, gible, etc.) the same as usual?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A few questions. Can you RNG the in-game traded Rotom or are its IVs set? Second, is there any way to remove the fog in the Nature Sanctuary? Lastly, is the procedure to RNg the gift pokemon (eevee, gible, etc.) the same as usual?
IVs are set for Rotom, no, the fog cannot be removed, and what do you mean by the procedure being the same as normal? The same as other gift Pokemon, or what?

I have the following problem: I want to rng a shiny flawless Cobalion. The Target frame is 5, the PID frame is 2104. So the first step I do is walking exactly 128 steps with 4 Pokemon in my party. After I capture it and check the stats the IV´s are always correct, however my starting PID frame differs, sometimes it is 298, sometimes it is 311 (after walking the 128 steps). However, I always walk the same route and also make the same turns at the same spots. So my questions are:

1) What are the possible factors which influence my PID-frame in Misralton´s cave? Is it probably the whirling sand spot? Because there aren´t any moving NPC´s there and I dont have an idea what else it could be.

2) In general, is my procedure to capture a shiny stationary correct or should I better look for Frame 1 seeds with PID-Frames below 1000? What are your average values concering Frame/PID-Frame for shiny-stationaries?

Thanks for your help in forward.

religiousjedi

Old man.
I have the following problem: I want to rng a shiny flawless Cobalion. The Target frame is 5, the PID frame is 2104. So the first step I do is walking exactly 128 steps with 4 Pokemon in my party. After I capture it and check the stats the IV´s are always correct, however my starting PID frame differs, sometimes it is 298, sometimes it is 311 (after walking the 128 steps). However, I always walk the same route and also make the same turns at the same spots. So my questions are:

1) What are the possible factors which influence my PID-frame in Misralton´s cave? Is it probably the whirling sand spot? Because there aren´t any moving NPC´s there and I dont have an idea what else it could be.

2) In general, is my procedure to capture a shiny stationary correct or should I better look for Frame 1 seeds with PID-Frames below 1000? What are your average values concering Frame/PID-Frame for shiny-stationaries?

Thanks for your help in forward.
Do option two. Stop tearing your hair out, since the PID advances every time you take a step in an area where other Pokemon can be encountered and evert time you make a turn.

Ok, thanks.
When catching Landorus in Pokemon black, it can be treaten as usual Stationary Pokemon on the encounter type, right? And will there be any NPCs which increase the PID?

Hi guys, any news on the xp version of the latest RNG reporter? It's becoming very annoying to have two OS just so I could RNG :/

guys i successfully rnged tornadus and thundurus from dream radar with RNGer Aaron's guide but i would like to rng a male ralts from it ...is there a way to control gender or just rng and let the gender be luck?... i noticed almost all pokes i transfered were females... and 1 or 2 males.... please help...
~thx

Ok, I really want to start RNG, but I'm getting really confused. I don't mind the time constraints, but the smogon guide isn't exactly clear as day. Is there a good video guide that I can watch? Also I read on the internet that egg RNG is almost impossible in Black 2, so how can I make a competitive team that requires breeding chains?

Sorry about the long question.

So after reading the entire guide, I'm still really confused about everything. I'm playing Black 2 and now finding out from the NB guide that BW2 Breeding is all screwed up or something? I'd like to RNG breed my team and got 2 Chatots and all the good stuff, but I'm seriously lost one this.

Can anyone give me a simpler guide or something to use the RNG Reporter/eontimer/etc? I'm seriously stumped on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)