VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
if you screw up one tiny thing, even as innocent as what ball it's in or the spacing in the name and your opponent calls you on it, you're disqualified. all of your preparation and hard work thrown out the window.

is it really worth it when there are hundreds upon hundreds of trade and giveaway threads?

really?

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You may not use any outside devices to create or modify Pokemon in game. There is no such thing as a 'legal hack'.

Do not hack your Pokemon.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
They might be talking about when the clock runs out and you both have the same amount of pokemon. It used to be the amount of HP. Haven't read that part of the rules this year though.

Yeah, I was talking about the rules for the clock running out, and for the rules for simultaneous KO. (For instance, it used to be that slowest mon on the field won if everyone died to sandstorm simultaneously. Is that still true?)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah, I was talking about the rules for the clock running out, and for the rules for simultaneous KO. (For instance, it used to be that slowest mon on the field won if everyone died to sandstorm simultaneously. Is that still true?)
That's how it worked in the Winter Battle. I had a ridiculous 0/0 loss where my chandelure dropped his chandelure to his sash and his dropped mine to my sash. And then, either because mine was faster, or because I lost a speed tie, my hail killed my chandy first, and then his.

0/0
YOU LOSE

why don't we have ties tpci?

why don't we have ties?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is Mental Herb a common item for TR users, most notably ghost types like Dusclops?
Well, if you're not using Eviolite then you should be using Dusknoir :P

It's not uncommon, but it doesn't seem to be too popular either, probably because it's basically a waste of an item slot if your opponent doesn't run Taunt.

Well, if you're not using Eviolite then you should be using Dusknoir :P

It's not uncommon, but it doesn't seem to be too popular either, probably because it's basically a waste of an item slot if your opponent doesn't run Taunt.
Thanks, sometimes i use taunt and then, mental herb kicks in and i have to fight through tr.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah, I tried both. But holysmokes, I can't get over Chandelure's SAtk stat. He 1HKOs a ton of stuff without SE. Just *FWOOSH* Overheat. You're dead. I did like Mismagius's speed, but it never really killed anything. I was lucky to 2HKO most mons. Cresselia was just like "LOL" at magi's shadow balls.

Okay, question:

If I have a pokemon with No-Guard on my site of the field, along with a pokemon carrying an OHKO move (Like Sheer Cold), does the No-Guard ability then affect my OHKO move when I'm attacking the opponent, or have I just misread something somewhere about No Guard affecting every pokemon on the field.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, question:

If I have a pokemon with No-Guard on my site of the field, along with a pokemon carrying an OHKO move (Like Sheer Cold), does the No-Guard ability then affect my OHKO move when I'm attacking the opponent, or have I just misread something somewhere about No Guard affecting every pokemon on the field.
No Guard only affects moves used by the Pokemon with the ability No Guard and any moved used on that Pokemon, so no it won't affect your other Pokemon on the field or any move it uses.

Damn, must've been pure luck I hit my first Sheer Cold (And only) in the match I played on Showdown. Well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for the fast answer.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Damn, must've been pure luck I hit my first Sheer Cold (And only) in the match I played on Showdown. Well, back to the drawing board. Thanks for the fast answer.
It's also possible that Showdown is doing it incorrectly, since the doubles part is still in development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)