5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

breeding is just not possible on bw 2.

If you have black/white let me know and I'll guide you
I have White, but i had restarted it. I'm up to the point where I can breed and can trade everything I need over to it I believe (I have a 3DS and a DSi if that helps).

I'll appreciate any help I can really get. I'd hate to get an Action Replay to hack these Pokemon :/

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
If you're up for it then the first thing you need to do is find your parameters on white using your DSi. (you can use your 3Ds if you want but I think it is easier on the DSi)

Do you know how to find your parameters?
Yes? ► Post them
No? ► get a pokemon with sweet scent and follow these steps

1. Save in an area with pokemon Lv>25 if possible. Anything >10 works, really, but it just going to drag the process down.
2. On the main page of the reporter, click on Ds parameter search.
3. Fill out the following, and the following only: Version of the game, Ds Type, Ds MAC address, and any date, hour, minute and second. {Be careful, the reporter uses military time so if you mean an hour over noon it would have to be 13 for 1, 14 for 2 and so on.) Also, for your seconds please use something > 15
4. On your Ds, you will try to start the game (click a to boot the game on the menu) at the exact time you posted on the reporter.
5.Don't press anything else after booting the game. Wait until the star on the intro crashes into the floor, then you can press a to skip the rest. DO NOT turn on the C-gear.
6. Without moving, use sweet scent and capture the first pokemon that appears. Calculate its IVs using the tab found right there in the reporter.
7. Click search.
8. Write down your results. All of them.
9. Repeat at least 10 times.
10. Let me know your results.

breeding is just not possible on bw 2.

If you have black/white let me know and I'll guide you
I have a pretty much completed White cartridge and a Black 2 that is in endgame. Any help at all is welcome.

I now know that I pretty much have to breed in B/W 1 for IV's but does that mean I can trade DW abilities that were previously unreleased ex. Breloom in B/W and still be legal after breeding?

Oh I have a 3ds and a DS lite, I was planning on using the DS lite because I heard that's easier.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I have a pretty much completed White cartridge and a Black 2 that is in endgame. Any help at all is welcome.

I now know that I pretty much have to breed in B/W 1 for IV's but does that mean I can trade DW abilities that were previously unreleased ex. Breloom in B/W and still be legal after breeding?

Oh I have a 3ds and a DS lite, I was planning on using the DS lite because I heard that's easier.
Yes, you can trade back and breed there. Totally acceptable :P

Ds lite is easier, mostly because you can see the time on it and you don't need an external clock.

Anyways, sure, I can help you. Do you already know your parameters?
Yes ►post them
no ► read post above yours

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Just confirming that since I should be RNG in B2 for everything except breeding I should give you parameters for both games?
Since the process is almost the same for both games, I'll just teach you on one; you'll be more than capable to RNG on the other given what you know. Saying that, it would be easier to start on Black as the amount of timer0's is something less you would have to worry about. Note that to get your parameters for B2 you should repeat the process well over 20 times; yes, that's how bad it can be. ;-;

If you're up for it then the first thing you need to do is find your parameters on white using your DSi. (you can use your 3Ds if you want but I think it is easier on the DSi)

Do you know how to find your parameters?
Yes? ► Post them
No? ► get a pokemon with sweet scent and follow these steps

1. Save in an area with pokemon Lv>25 if possible. Anything >10 works, really, but it just going to drag the process down.
2. On the main page of the reporter, click on Ds parameter search.
3. Fill out the following, and the following only: Version of the game, Ds Type, Ds MAC address, and any date, hour, minute and second. {Be careful, the reporter uses military time so if you mean an hour over noon it would have to be 13 for 1, 14 for 2 and so on.) Also, for your seconds please use something > 15
4. On your Ds, you will try to start the game (click a to boot the game on the menu) at the exact time you posted on the reporter.
5.Don't press anything else after booting the game. Wait until the star on the intro crashes into the floor, then you can press a to skip the rest. DO NOT turn on the C-gear.
6. Without moving, use sweet scent and capture the first pokemon that appears. Calculate its IVs using the tab found right there in the reporter.
7. Click search.
8. Write down your results. All of them.
9. Repeat at least 10 times.
10. Let me know your results.
The highest level I can access at the moment on my White Version is about level 15, however, every time I hit Search, RNGReporter crashes :(

can anyone help me im trying to set up my perimeters in my white 2 version im doing the unova link method...i did everything but i get 0 results what could i be doing wrong? i did put more then 10 arrows for the spinner results...

edit: well someone has answered me in a vm...im using windows so is it true its broken?

hi to all, i'm skagno and i need a little explanation how abusing pokemon radar with method described here http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=32004
i try to rng a slot 2 pokemon, but i don't understand this Advances to hit IV frame = ( ( Target frame – 8 ) / 2 ). Because this is slot 2 pokemon i need to choose odd fram like 29. the result of formula is 10.5 . The result must be 10 or 11? Second. spinning of key system is correct but i don't center iv frame. In waiting of response at this question i tell you all thanks . Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian ;)

Ok I tried to get my parameters for white and my first catch gave me a lvl 33 liepard. Then the IV checker said it was too wide a range for accuracy. Should I try a higher level area?

That's what I was confused about, right beside my MAC address and console stuff the timer0, seconds and vcount were all filled out. Should I try this all again mostly because of me leaving the program on overnight?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Don't worry about those. They will change according to the information you DO fill in and serve the purpose of creating a range. That range is used to find what seed you hit and the parameters that come with it. Your real parameters are the ones you get when you hit search.

okay this seriously making me annoyed is it normal for the timer0 not to be right for the first 2 tries of setting up my pereimeters on bw2...i keep not hitting my seed and i got two different timers so far :/ someone help please...

edit: also i caught two minuns that are level 50 and 53 so does that make a difference when setting up perimeters?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
okay this seriously making me annoyed is it normal for the timer0 not to be right for the first 2 tries of setting up my pereimeters on bw2...i keep not hitting my seed and i got two different timers so far :/ someone help please...
what you mean not to be right? Not getting any results? Getting too many results? Like getting different results every time you try?

If the latter, In bw2 you can hit well over 10 different timer0s :/

what you mean not to be right? Not getting any results? Getting too many results? Like getting different results every time you try?

If the latter, In bw2 you can hit well over 10 different timer0s :/
well the thing is i hit two different timers already i set it twice and what i mean by not right is that when i go for my seed the results never match and i tried hitting the seed like 5 times...also yes i do get different results every time i try that is correct but never matches...im trying to see if that is it normal to take alot of time to set up the perimeters? doing the normal method?

edit: on the note i search the seed after i got the timer but it doesn match if that clears up the confusion of my post...

Ok just got my ten trials on white I have the results, but there in a spreadsheet where should I post them, just straight on here or should I PM someone?

Ok just got my ten trials on white I have the results, but there in a spreadsheet where should I post them, just straight on here or should I PM someone?
you can post them here i guess to show screenshots to see what your doing thats fine just post your links here of all the trials...if its bw1 i can help you out...im having trouble with bw2...

I'm just asking for a general help the guide really confused me anyway here are my results

Actual Seconds, Vcount, Timer0, GxStat, Vframe, Seed

21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, D24FCE60A6B0D86C
21, 50, C7B, 6, D, CAB4DE8E07791FF7
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, AF4AC3AA78297C6C
21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, ED58737F99882E09
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, D7E8C3E9D2774F58
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 03D1688572B13DA4
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, D9BEA2C4D69E519E
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 2935DB10C50D1901
21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, D81E3530E7A8E5F4
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 17C01243933FDEE0
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 993289C02D471CA0

My second trial gave me two options so I kept it in, but another looked very similar to the others.

I'm just asking for a general help the guide really confused me anyway here are my results

Actual Seconds, Vcount, Timer0, GxStat, Vframe, Seed

21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, D24FCE60A6B0D86C
21, 50, C7B, 6, D, CAB4DE8E07791FF7
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, AF4AC3AA78297C6C
21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, ED58737F99882E09
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, D7E8C3E9D2774F58
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 03D1688572B13DA4
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, D9BEA2C4D69E519E
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 2935DB10C50D1901
21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, D81E3530E7A8E5F4
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 17C01243933FDEE0
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 993289C02D471CA0

My second trial gave me two options so I kept it in, but another looked very similar to the others.
so your trying to set up your perimeters then and gave you this many timers? that is strange when i did mine for black version..i got only one result...you srue your doing everything correctly...do you have a screenshot? this is for bw1 correct? but i noticed one thing C7F appears alot i think that may be your timer...is this results of 10 tries for your white version?

WHOAH no, those are the results of me doing the sweet scent thing 10 times for parameters, only one situation gave me more than one set of numbers. I double checked those are all right numbers.

Edit: The second and third line are the two that came in with one trial

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)