5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

WHOAH no, those are the results of me doing the sweet scent thing 10 times for parameters, only one situation gave me more than one set of numbers. I double checked those are all right numbers.

Edit: The second and third line are the two that came in with one trial
like i said before you noticed one timer stands out the most is this for white 2 version? if your doing it ten times that must mean its for bw2 im getting help from someone right now about that...i think i understand now that i have to keep track of my timers that show up...

No let me try to explain. When I plugged the stats of my second poke in I got the weird timer0 of C7B as well as ANOTHER result with the SAME POKE that said C7F. This is for the original white I just don't really know what I'm doing.

No let me try to explain. When I plugged the stats of my second poke in I got the weird timer0 of C7B as well as ANOTHER result with the SAME POKE that said C7F. This is for the original white I just don't really know what I'm doing.
okay lets start from fresh cuaz obviously that looking at your perimeter timer searches there all over the place...first question what ds are you using..if your using a ds lite its one sec before you hit time...so for example 9:32:20 so really you hit the time at 9:32:19...2.) do you know the correct iv's of the pokemon...that can through the timer off too...

Ok I followed the steps of the guy... Wait was I supposed to use the exact same time each trial? cause I never changed my clock just kept doing trials. I used the IV through stats finder.

DS lite
Pokemon White 1

Ok I followed the steps of the guy... Wait was I supposed to use the exact same time each trial? cause I never changed my clock just kept doing trials. I used the IV through stats finder.

DS lite
Pokemon White 1
yes correct your suppose to hit your time at the exact same time if your doing trials but for bw1 there is only 2 timers you don't need all those trials,bw2 is way different it has 10 to 20 timers so its harder to hit your perimeters in that game so trials are needed...just find your perimeters by sweet scent and then catch plug it in and then you should be all set to go but remember one sec ahead for ds lite! make sure you plugged everything in correctly...your making it way to harder then it is XD that explains all your crazy results XD

OK wait so what do I exactly need to do in order to find my parameters?
1.) choose a time anytime and date ( rememeber once you the date and time keep it the same!)
2.)make sure you have a sweet scenter and saved in the grass/cave etc.
3.) set up your time and date
4.) make sure to hit your time 1 sec ahead since you have a ds lite
5.) when seeing the main screen that white saying pokemon do no press any buttons until it disappears that considered a button press...
6.)after that mash the button quickly to get through the intro and never i repeat never have the c-gear on when doing this! it messes up your perimeter search.
7.) sweet scent and catch and find iv's
8.) plug in all results in the reporter search and you got your one timer ^_^

hope that is more clearer for you...

Thanks that is a lot clearer, quick question though should I use the fake GTS that I heard about to find IV's or just use the one in RNG Reporter

Thanks that is a lot clearer, quick question though should I use the fake GTS that I heard about to find IV's or just use the one in RNG Reporter
imo yes pokecheck is way much better to use for iv checking then calculators but its still find if you use the calculators...its up to you what you want to do and glad to help ^_^ if you need anything else let me know...

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
in gen 5 the only ways to find your SID is sending one of yours pokemon to pokecheck or using an AR/cheating device. The L/R is to prevent the reporter from giving you seed that require pressing said buttons as they tend to break rather easily.

hi to all, i'm skagno and i need a little explanation how abusing pokemon radar with method described here http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=32004
i try to rng a slot 2 pokemon, but i don't understand this Advances to hit IV frame = ( ( Target frame – 8 ) / 2 ). Because this is slot 2 pokemon i need to choose odd fram like 29. the result of formula is 10.5 . The result must be 10 or 11? Second. spinning of key system is correct but i don't center iv frame. In waiting of response at this question i tell you all thanks . Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian ;)
Hey, because you are going for a slot 2 pokemon, there are an additional 13 advances (due to the first pokemon) and so to hit frame 29, the formula would actually be: ( (29 - 8) - (13*slots before target) ) / 2. This results in 4 spinner activations required.

We need some help with the Chatot comfirmation.

We are aiming for Frame 69. In theory, once I hear Low (8) we must be at Frame 69, right? In practice, whenever we hear Low (8), we get an egg with an Adamant non-shiny Pokemon. We did it three times until I decide to get my egg after hearing the Mid-Low (23) of the Frame 67.

Can someone explain why exactly the Chatot confirmation was always one off? I think my hearing was just fine, because it was constant four times.

We need some help with the Chatot comfirmation.

We are aiming for Frame 69. In theory, once I hear Low (8) we must be at Frame 69, right? In practice, whenever we hear Low (8), we get an egg with an Adamant non-shiny Pokemon. We did it three times until I decide to get my egg after hearing the Mid-Low (23) of the Frame 67.

Can someone explain why exactly the Chatot confirmation was always one off? I think my hearing was just fine, because it was constant four times.

Formula for # chatot pitches = target frame - initial frame (at least for gen 5. in gen 4, you have offsets based on the roamers...)

so if your initial frame was say 65 and your target frame 69, you would do 69-65 = 4 pitches starting from 65: 65, 66, 67, 68.

edit: if you're breeding in bw1, you need to account for wandering NPCs when you do your chatot pitches. sometimes you'll have to stop 2 frames before the target, sometimes 1. it really just comes down to consistency

We want to determine the frame just by hearing, because we are in an area with moving NPC (necessary for breeding). In theroy, when we hear Low (8), we must assume we are moving to 69, correct? In that case, whenever we receive an egg, it turns out non-shiny Adamant.
The only explenation I can think of is that when you accept the egg, the Frame is advanced by 1 before you actually receive the egg. We'd like to hear it from someone, who can confirm this.

Edit: Fair enough, I just wanted to know what might have caused that one advancement. Either way it probably would not have change anything, thanks.

We want to determine the frame just by hearing, because we are in an area with moving NPC (necessary for breeding). In theroy, when we hear Low (8), we must assume we are moving to 69, correct? In that case, whenever we receive an egg, it turns out non-shiny Adamant.
The only explenation I can think of is that when you accept the egg, the Frame is advanced by 1 before you actually receive the egg. We'd like to hear it from someone, who can confirm this.
I've had this happen many times, where I go over my target frame by one. It's because there are wandering NPCs in the area near the daycare that advance your PIDRNG frame.

If you're observing that you hit frame 70 when you stop at Frame 68 - Low(8), then you should adjust by stopping instead at Frame 67 - Mid Low (23). Again you just have to be consistent in your timing when you exit the menu and talk to the daycare man.

Quick question about Lati@s, haven't attempted to catch him but I did see him in the dreamyard and turned off my game. According to http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/legendary.shtml, "You need to follow them and try to intercept". I'm wondering if I have to do the RNG-soft-resetting right when i walk into the dreamyard or will Lati@s pause somewhere else and I'd catch like any other stationary-legendary pokemon?

Quick question about Lati@s, haven't attempted to catch him but I did see him in the dreamyard and turned off my game. According to http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/legendary.shtml, "You need to follow them and try to intercept". I'm wondering if I have to do the RNG-soft-resetting right when i walk into the dreamyard or will Lati@s pause somewhere else and I'd catch like any other stationary-legendary pokemon?
you follow latios for a few times until you're forced to battle him on a narrow ledge all the way to the east. you're forced to take one extra step to trigger the event, but you can save before you take that step. Also there's a youngster wandering about in the dreamyard that can randomly advance your PID frame. battle him first (to stop his movements), save, then seek out latios on the ledge.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm just asking for a general help the guide really confused me anyway here are my results

Actual Seconds, Vcount, Timer0, GxStat, Vframe, Seed

21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, D24FCE60A6B0D86C
21, 50, C7B, 6, D, CAB4DE8E07791FF7
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, AF4AC3AA78297C6C
21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, ED58737F99882E09
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, D7E8C3E9D2774F58
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 03D1688572B13DA4
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, D9BEA2C4D69E519E
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 2935DB10C50D1901
21, 60, C7E, 6, 6, D81E3530E7A8E5F4
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 17C01243933FDEE0
21, 60, C7F, 6, 6, 993289C02D471CA0

My second trial gave me two options so I kept it in, but another looked very similar to the others.
If this is for White 1, then those results make perfect sense. Your most common Timer0 is C7F, and you will hit C7E occasionally. The second result is a fluke, all that means is that the IV range you input was wide enough to create two possible results.

If this is for White 1, then those results make perfect sense. Your most common Timer0 is C7F, and you will hit C7E occasionally. The second result is a fluke, all that means is that the IV range you input was wide enough to create two possible results.
thats what i was trying to tell him but he keep getting confused what im saying XD so i told him the steps so he understands the process...anyway i figured out that i have to search my perimeters 10 times and choose the best timer that hits the most for bw2...wow thats so crazy the timer is so jumpy :/ well wish me luck gunna try like crazy to hit something...thanks for the trying to help...

How hard is it to RNG on the 3DS? I am planning on buying a 3DSXL next week, and I want to know if I'm going to have any problems doing so.

okay now i got like 10 results...

i noticed that i found 4 the same timer but the thing is that i get different natures that are caught when setting my perimeters...is this normal?i know there is moving npc as well in black and white 2..is it maybe moving npc's that making the natures jump? im doing it for black and white 2...just wondering...i want to make sure that im positive i got the right timer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)