5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yes, randomly wandering NPC may occasionally advance the PID frame, which determines the gender, the shinyness and, of course, the natures. In most cases it is recommended to do the actual RNG abuse in areas without randomly moving NPC so you can advance your PID frame controlled via Chatot.

In my pokemon black (1) I can´t catch any solosis and unfortunatly I dont have any access to wifi connection in order to get one from the GTS. But I seriously want a non-hacked solosis. My idea was to create one via action replay and send it into daycare with a normal ditto. I did this and to my surprise, i could hatch a solosis (I thought AR Pokemon couldnt breed any Pokemon at all). So my question:
Will the bred pokemon be treaten as non-cheat pokemon and can I use it for standard breeding (BW)? Will any seed I find on RNG-reporter work on this bred solosis or do these seeds don´t work at any AR product at all? Does anybody have experience with it?

As long as your parents have legal IV and moves the offspring will be fine. Breeding RNG works the same with them, why don't you just find yourself a Solosis via RNG when you are experienced with that? Just limit the encounter slots to those who give you Solosis.

Wow, thanks Onicon, that´s very good news for me! Now I can breed all the pokemon I normally could´t find in my version!
About finding a solosis via limiting the encounter slots: This won´t work since in Pokemon black, you can´t catch solosis at all.
Another question: Is there any way how to find out if a pokemon is hacked or not (except of checking obvious criteria such as pokeball it was caught in, illegal move combos, abilities...)? how can i do this (preferably checking with an AR)? Somebody traded me a magnezone but im not sure if it´s legit.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I am rnging a wild pokemon in a cave, am I forced to use an ivrng frame of 1, since there are no "wild pokemon free" tiles in a cave?
No...

You can use whatever IV frame you want, anywhere. It's just much easier to stick to IV frame 1.

okay now i got like 10 results...

i noticed that i found 4 the same timer but the thing is that i get different natures that are caught when setting my perimeters...is this normal?i know there is moving npc as well in black and white 2..is it maybe moving npc's that making the natures jump? im doing it for black and white 2...just wondering...i want to make sure that im positive i got the right timer...
wandering NPCs do not affect your timer0. the reason you're getting a wide range of results is that timer0 fluctuates a lot - this happens to everyone. my suggestion is to repeat your calibration an addition 5-10 times and just stick to the most common timer0 value you get.

Does entering or exiting an area, such as entering a cave or exiting a building, by itself do anything to either the ivrng or the pidrng (such as reseed it)? I am playing black 2 if that helps.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Does entering or exiting an area, such as entering a cave or exiting a building, by itself do anything to either the ivrng or the pidrng (such as reseed it)? I am playing black 2 if that helps.
Not that I am aware of.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I don't know if it happens everywhere, but some (all?) area transitions will advance the PIDRNG by a couple of frames.

And of course you may trip the step counter if you walk around at all in either area.

wandering NPCs do not affect your timer0. the reason you're getting a wide range of results is that timer0 fluctuates a lot - this happens to everyone. my suggestion is to repeat your calibration an addition 5-10 times and just stick to the most common timer0 value you get.
thanks and i did do it 10 times like i said in my post i got 10 results and i noticed one timer shows 4 times and other timers are 3 or less...thank you though :)

edit: you think i should do it 5 more times to be sure?

When modifying a female non-hacked Pokemon´s ability to its dream world ability (in pokemon black 1 if that helps) with an Action replay, can u breed it with the standard breeding method from b/w so that the ability can be passed with a 40% chance to the offspring (as if the mother was directly obtained from dream-world)? Will there occur any complications?

Another question: Is there any way how to find out if a pokemon is hacked or not (except of checking obvious criteria such as pokeball it was caught in, illegal move combos, abilities...)? how can i do this (preferably checking with an AR)? Somebody traded me a magnezone but im not sure if it´s legit.
That one is a bit difficult and you won't be able to check it without externel aid. Apart from the hard properties you have mentioned (plus valid IVs, EVs and availability) there is the PID and the catch date. I think Pokéchek can display the PID but I personally have never used it and don't know for sure.
Take the PID and convert it into a hexadecimal format; you will get a string of eight characters. Important is the fourth and the two last characters.
Take the fourth character and convert it into binaries; you will get a sequence of 0 and 1. Take a look at the last character and the ability of the Pokemon: 0 stands for Ability 0 and 1 for Ability 1. If that isn't the case, the Pokemon is illegal.
The last two characters are for determining gender. Because Magnezone is genderless, you won't need to check it. But if you want, take the last to characters of the hexadecimal sequence and convert it into decimal format - you will get something between 0 and 255. It depends a bit on the gender ratio, so try this:
87.5% Male (31 - 255) 12.5% Female – 32 (0 - 30)
75% Male 25% (63 - 252) Female – 64 (0 - 62)
50% Male (127 - 255) 50% Female (0 - 126)
25% Male (191 - 252) 75% Female (0 - 190)
12.5% Male (223 - 252) 87.5% Female (0 - 222)
If the gender does not match the number, the Pokmeon is illegal.

Those are the basics of determining legality via PID, but what about how legit it is? You just don't because we cannot determine how legit something is without knowing the specs of the creator's DS. Just stick to what I have written. Took me a long time to actually find it out.

Actually, there is a way to determine real shininess via PID. If there is necessity, I will cover that, too.

Edit: Just changing the ability of a Pokemon to Dream World won't make the ability passable. There are hidden bytes used for this and unless you activate them, the Pokemon won't be a Dream World mon.

When RNG'ing a shiny flawless pokemon with an IV Frame other than 1, how do you change the IV frame without modifying the PIDRNG so that you can then freely change the PIDRNG with Chatots? (In Black 2)

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to RNG some stationary pokemon in BW2. I know the Timer0 has a much wider range now, but I feel like I've tried everything. I found the Timer0 that comes up in parameter searches the most often, I try different seeds, and I try to hit different times within the second that I'm aiming for. Right now I'm trying to RNG Kyurem, and based on the Chatot pitches, it seems like I keep hitting the same Timer0 every time no matter what--too bad it's not the one I need.

Is there anything else I can try? Should it be taking me hours just to RNG one pokemon?

When RNG'ing a shiny flawless pokemon with an IV Frame other than 1, how do you change the IV frame without modifying the PIDRNG so that you can then freely change the PIDRNG with Chatots? (In Black 2)
You can only advance your by IV frame by moving (by putting mons form your box into your party too, but there probably aren't any non-wondercard mons in the Pokemon center). Yeah, but moving within an area with wild Pokemon will also advance your PID frame, so that is not a general solution.
Our suggestion would be: Don't do that and stay with the first IV frame. You probably need a bit patience with searching but it will be just that much more fail-safe that it will be worth the hassle. Be sure to enable key presses to find more results. We have just caught a perfect shiny Venipede ten minutes ago and we only needed to search up to 2023, and only with 130 PID frame advances. Keep trying!

I'm trying to RNG some stationary pokemon in BW2. I know the Timer0 has a much wider range now, but I feel like I've tried everything. I found the Timer0 that comes up in parameter searches the most often, I try different seeds, and I try to hit different times within the second that I'm aiming for. Right now I'm trying to RNG Kyurem, and based on the Chatot pitches, it seems like I keep hitting the same Timer0 every time no matter what--too bad it's not the one I need.
Yes, that is a hassle but you either have to keep trying or looking for other seeds according to the Timer0 you are hitting right now. That too is a matter of patience (we needed two hours, by the way, because we miscalculated the starting frame).

Hey everyone,

Is there anything else I can try? Should it be taking me hours just to RNG one pokemon?
I was trying to RNG a shiny flawless Kyurem for the past 2 days, and no matter what I did, I wasn't hitting my timer0. Then I read that putting a gba game/changing the year up or down 1 causes the timer0 to switch from even to odd and vice versa. So I pulled out my gba game from my DS and bingo, I started hitting my timer0 and quickly caught my Kyurem. Here's Riski's RNG thread where I found the info under "When Not to Calibrate" http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73585

And thank you for your help Onicon and Voodoo Pimp

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
There's something in kyurem's cave that advances the pid. I don't think our researches have found what is it that affects the pid or how to control it. :y

And the game cardtrige thing only works on gen 4, to change delays.

Is there a way to check whether a Pokemon learned a certain move with an AR or move tutor? In both cases the move can be passed to the offspring so it seems legit.

I know you don't have access to BW2, but I still think you should ask people in the request thread to do that. Because of the abundance of shard, thanks of the shards-funfest-mission it shouldn't be too difficult.

But to answer your question: There is not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)