Simple Questions & Simple Answers & General Resources (OU Edition) MK II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It also has to do with the decay factor (which someone told me is getting taken out, not sure on that though).
Decay has nothing to do with gaining less points as you get higher up the ladder.

Your points just decay every so often so someone can't just sit at the top of the ladder forever without battling

You get the points back immediately though

Decay has nothing to do with gaining less points as you get higher up the ladder.

Your points just decay every so often so someone can't just sit at the top of the ladder forever without battling

You get the points back immediately though
I thought it was like if you just sat there and didn't battle then you "decay", then were you come back later and start battling again, your points would've "decayed" and you'd be left with less points than you started? And how does the whole "getting them all back work?" Like if I was to sit at the top of the ladder I could just let them decay for a while then come back and do like 1 battle and have them all back, and it would put me back on top?

Has the smogon Po server been down for an extensive period of time? Because I haven't seen it up in quite awhile. I have the newest downloads and everything for Po so that isnt the problem. Is everyone just using the smogon tiers under the Po server? Thanks.

Is the download required to ladder or can you just ladder online? Because I'd rather not download anything I don't have to lol.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Has the smogon Po server been down for an extensive period of time? Because I haven't seen it up in quite awhile. I have the newest downloads and everything for Po so that isnt the problem. Is everyone just using the smogon tiers under the Po server? Thanks.
Smogon has separated from PO. His official simulator is now PS!, anyways, you can read more about this here.

@SupersayanBreloom:

My bad. I should have phased it better. I need to know how to get the animation picture on my pc.
Can you please explain yourself a bit better? Do you need to safe an animation (.gif) file from the internet on your computer? Or do you need to post an animation file from the browser or your computer on a smogon thread?

I've noticed that some RMTs have a very slick and similar format. I may be crazy, but I remember a while back reading about a program or template that someone made to make it easier to write them. It's possible I'm getting this confused with something for warstories. Either way, if this exists and anyone knows what I'm talking a link to it would be much appreciated.

Gimmick

Electric potential
I'm almost 100% sure that's for warstories. RMTs are formed simply by your own formatting. Some people may like someone's RMT format, so they make something just like it. I do remember hearing about a thing that does warstories for you, though.

Actually, you might be talking about how a set is visualized. Is this what you're wondering? (for example):

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

You can get that by clicking Team > Export Team on Pokemon Online or Teambuilder > Edit > Import/Export on PS!.

Can you please explain yourself a bit better? Do you need to safe an animation (.gif) file from the internet on your computer? Or do you need to post an animation file from the browser or your computer on a smogon thread?
I need to know how to get the animation picture from the internet and save it on my computer.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah but where do I get them?
Anywhere on the Internet, you have to find one you like before you can use it. If you're looking for a complete set of sprites, I like to use Pokécheck's. If you're looking for more non-standard images, you'll have to find them on your own.

Also, note that you don't have to save an image to your computer before you can post it here, unless the site you got it from has a rule against hotlinking. Just right-click>Copy Image and then paste it in your post.

What are some Pokemon that would work well alongside a core of Tyranitar, Keldeo, and Reuniclus? Are they pretty much self-contained?
I use a similarish core of CB Ttar, Specs Keldeo, and bulky Celebi (which IMO is much better than Reuniclus in this rain-heavy meta). Scizor can be a problem, so you could use bulky Landorus-t with SR/SE/EQ/Uturn, who is also a good check SD loom, terrak, etc. Heatran is good choice for F/W/G, also Jirachi is an option to sponge dracos and provide wish support.

Okay, this might sound like a stupid question, but if you look at it, it's really not.

Apparently, 0.802% of people are running Poison Heal Breloom without a Toxic Orb. What on EARTH are they running? I know this question isn't important in the slightest, I'm just looking at the statistics and wondering...

+----------------------------------------+
| Breloom |
| Abilities |
| Technician 54.625% |
| Poison Heal 41.173% |
| Other 4.202% |
| Items |
| Toxic Orb 40.371% |
| Life Orb 25.595% |
| Focus Sash 9.923% |
| Leftovers 7.679% |
| Choice Band 5.302% |
| Fighting Gem 2.907% |
| Lum Berry 1.577% |
| Choice Scarf 1.506% |
| Black Belt 1.030% |
| Other 4.110% |

So then... Now that that stupid question is out of the way... I thought the top 6 would make a decent team... you could say... the most standard team EVER. How does this look? Banded Scizor, Bulky Scarftran (custom set), Sp.Def Politoed, Scarfed Dragonite, CM4Attack Jirachi, and Phys.Def Ferrothorn. I know, I know, VERY steel-heavy. Do your worst.

less than 1% of people are negligible, it could be a fluke in team building were they forgot it, or they are just stupid to be quite frank.

Heatran should never be on a rain team... ever, and Scarf Dragonite is kinda pointless, especially with the rock weakness. On a rain team Keldeo or Tornadus would be a better replacement or use Choice Band Dragonite.

less than 1% of people are negligible, it could be a fluke in team building were they forgot it, or they are just stupid to be quite frank.

Heatran should never be on a rain team... ever, and Scarf Dragonite is kinda pointless, especially with the rock weakness. On a rain team Keldeo or Tornadus would be a better replacement or use Choice Band Dragonite.
I WAS using CB Dnite, until I realized I have 2 banded pokes with it. Should that still be okay? Also, I do REALLY enjoy Heatran as a way to take out Kyurem-B, since it can wreck days in rain. :/ This Heatran is specifically built to target it. Also, something that works well in sun in case of weather war loss is pretty nice. However, I'd prefer to never use Keldeo, if it's all the same. I've never seen it... do anything.

Ok, I want to know which Pokemon can work well with Toxicroak on a Rain team, it's the LO set btw. Have been having problems with Jirachi since it doesnt have SD :/ Any suggs are welcome

Ok, I want to know which Pokemon can work well with Toxicroak on a Rain team, it's the LO set btw. Have been having problems with Jirachi since it doesnt have SD :/ Any suggs are welcome
I have to strongly suggest Chomp. It's what I changed to when I had problems with my newest rain team. Another good option is Rotom-W, whom Jirachi USUALLY can't touch, aside from a random HP Grass etc. etc.

@lu1z:
First off. It's nice to see you are a One Piece Fan. OK. Priority #1. Done.

Second. Toxicroak's most dominant set this metagame in my opinion, is the devasting LO Swords Dance set with SD, Drain Punch/Cross Chop, Sucker Punch, and Ice Punch.
Hopefully you are using that set.
You obviously know that Politoed is a given as they have fantastic synergy for two frogs of a pond. Grass (mainly, Celebi and Ferrothorn) are the ones to switch into a Toxicroak. Unless Celebi carries Psychic, both Grass 'Mons are easily eliminated through the appropriate moves. Politoed induces Rain, yet it fails to take heavy hits from the likes of Keldeo. Toxicroak sucks up Hydro Pumps and can eat Secret Swords as it sets up an SD. Drain Punch should OHKO at +2 and give you back all that delicious HP.

So far we have Politoed and Toxicroak
You say you struggle with Jirachi. Sp.Def Jirachi sounds more like your problem. For those cases, Landorus-T should do the job. Lando-T not only scares Jirachi, but it sucks up nasty Electric Type moves (careful though. BoltBeam.) and acts as a physically defensive pivot while setting up Rocks. Scarf Jirachi can be dealt with by using Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn sets up hazards, can use Leech Seed (it's up to you), can tank hits and hurt Jirachi with Iron Barbs as it gets locked, soaks up Electric Type moves, and is Grass. You could potentially get some sorta FireWaterGrass FWG Core going on if you want.

Try out Ferrothorn or Lando-T depending on your needs. With these three Pokemon you should get a solid balanced core.
Offense: Toxicroak
Specially Defensive Pivot: Politoed
Physically Defensive Pivot: Ferrothorn/Landorus-T

So then... Now that that stupid question is out of the way... I thought the top 6 would make a decent team... you could say... the most standard team EVER. How does this look? Banded Scizor, Bulky Scarftran (custom set), Sp.Def Politoed, Scarfed Dragonite, CM4Attack Jirachi, and Phys.Def Ferrothorn. I know, I know, VERY steel-heavy. Do your worst.
Weren't you the one rambling about this on PS? Like I said on there you never run Fire-types in the rain, it's redundant. Therefore, Heatran has no purpose on this team, "CM4Attack" makes no sense, Keldeo is a better scarfer than Dragonite on rain teams (usually, bulky Dnite fares much better as it doesn't have to worry about Sand/Hail breaking Multiscale and can Hurricane away), and you might as well be running Tornadus-t, because you're only handicapping yourself if you're not using the uber-bound bird on non-stall rain teams.

Rain teams in general struggle with Jirachi, however it shouldn't be too big a problem for Toxicroak. Any reason you don't run the SD variant?

252Atk Life Orb +2 Toxicroak (Neutral) Drain Punch vs 252HP/0Def Leftovers Jirachi (+Def): 62% - 73% (253 - 297 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

Edit: Dammit Tabuu. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)