DuskMod: A major modification to the standard metagame

Ooh... I might try to make a team with this... Like the lack of item clause. Having to use sitrus berry is annoying..

Has anyone considered posting some sort of DuskMod RMT? In this thread, of course. It would be an interesting way of showing how the Meta is working at the moment, and just how different some pokemon play.

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If dusk doesn't change it, slaking gets stall. (its that ability that makes it move last every time) I know this because it was my idea in the first place.
I actually think I'm going to do this for slaking:

Stats: 150/165/100/80/75/100
Truant: Heals 25% of the user's max health when "loafing around"

Although it might still kinda suck. But gen 3 is not coming for a WHILE.

RMT

I'm posting the first RMT on here cause i'm just awesome like that, so yeah. RMT

Rapidash @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Megahorn
- Wild Charge

This thing is the best late game cleaner that ever existed in the history of ever. Period. It hits suprisingly hard off 100 base attack, and has great neutral coverage with these moves. I don't run Protect cause people will try to set up on it noramally, but no, they just get hit with Flare Blitz :P. After one boost, it becomes very fast outspeeding everything up to Adamant Scarf Landorus. After 2 boosts, it's one fast ass horse, and it outspeeds pretty much everything. It also works as a semi-counter to Sun so yeah.

Jynx (F) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

The second I looked at Jynx, I knew it would destroy everything that my opponents ever knew. It is the only pokemon in the game with Priority Sleep. It doesn't give a flying fuck how much speed you have. If you don't have Insomnia, your going to sleep. After it puts you to sleep, it also has priority Sub and NP, and only one attack, Ice Beam which works very well, and at +6 it doesn't give a fuck if you resist it. I gave it wide lens because Lovely Kiss has lower accuracy than Stone Edge, and we know what that means.

Raichu @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Electro Ball
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the 2nd part of my Speed Boost duo, and it does very well. It's kinda like a weaker, frailer Blaziken. With Electro Ball and Speed Boost, it has a 150 BP stab attack after a few boosts. Sub and NP are obviously to set up, and HP Ice is to complete the BoltBeam combo.

Cinccino (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Barrage
- Icicle Spear

I noticed my team is incredibly week to DD D-Nite, so i just added this thing to outspeed it, and kill it. With a Scarf, it becomes the speediest pokemon around, and can revenge nearly anything if it can hit it neutrally.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Night Slash
- U-turn
- Superpower

If you don't know this set, than you must have crawled under a hole during 3rd gen, died, then came back to life in 5th get. This is just standard CB Scizor, but with Night Slash because after Technician and it always critting, it reaches 150 BP, making it its strongest attack. Also, Chandy gets killed on the switch.

Conkeldurr @ Black Belt
Trait: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Sub-Punch Conkeldurr is ludicrously powerful. Its subs are very hard to break, and Black Belt Stab Focus Punch from 140 base attack will litterally 2HKO nearly everything in the game. (It does 50% to Tentacruel, and 70% to Skarm). With Sucker Punch, it completes the Dark-Fighting combo, but it doesn't need to use Payback anymore, and has stronger Priority. Drain Punch is there too recover some HP back form Sub since I don't have lefties.

I'm posting the first RMT on here cause i'm just awesome like that, so yeah. RMT

Rapidash @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run
- Megahorn
- Wild Charge

Jynx (F) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Raichu @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Electro Ball
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Cinccino (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Barrage
- Icicle Spear

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
- Bullet Punch
- Night Slash
- U-turn
- Superpower

Conkeldurr @ Black Belt
Trait: Guts
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
First :D

But anyway, Im gonna actually give my opinions.
Solid team, Like the jynx set btw. Maybe provide an explanation of what each member does :3
Because i have no clue has this thing you call a team functions.

Y u team su- No.
Um...
I see you have Night Slash on your Scizor. I'm going to assume that's to lure Chandelure in (a 'lure Lure, if you will.) But seeing as Scizor is outsped, wouldn't you need to use it on the switch and, if you mispredict, you could be stuck on a non-STAB attack.

I actually think I'm going to do this for slaking:

Stats: 150/165/100/80/75/100
Truant: Heals 25% of the user's max health when "loafing around"

Although it might still kinda suck. But gen 3 is not coming for a WHILE.
If Gen III isn't gonna be here for a while, what's gonna be implemented next? The other Gen II Pokemon?

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The current plan for new updates is:
- v2.1: Many new balance tweaks and updates
- Possible updates between 2.1 and 3.0
- v3.0: Gen 4 (Why gen 4 next? Because it brings sand and hail to the table, rounding out auto weather in DuskMod)
- v4.0: Gen 2
- v5.0: Gen 3

I've played a few doubles matches, and rain teams are by far the most dominant thing I've seen. Doubles matches are short enough as it is, and between Politoed and Zapdos rain can stay up long enough to destroy the other team. There are so many good rain abusers as well, such as Zapdos, Kabutops, Kingdra, and Butterfree with Hurricane and Thunder. They can deal an immense amount of damage quickly, and if you're playing doubles, be prepared for these teams.
While this is well pointed out, I would also add that rain is the only thing I have seen. Most of the people I've watched battle haven't been trying teams of other sorts. I see Genesect in a ton of matches that I've watched so far (and no one I've seen tries SelfDestruct on it, curiously), along with various Discharge combinations and such. Still, rain is definitely a very notable threat in doubles. Outside of rain and more in the non-weather abuse end, there are many other powerful threats. I have already mentioned Victini and Mew, Meloetta is also great along with Relic Song. Landorus, though w/o sandstorm, still hits very hard with Earthquake and Rock Slide. Whimsicott can use Prankster Stun Spore to slow things down a bit (always useful, now that poor Thundurus-I had it removed). In terms of combinations I have been looking at, here is a new one that came out of DuskMod buff.

Tangled Feet + Teeter Dance: While this has been seen in various ways over time, with the new Tangled Feet buff, it can be a very powerful combination. You essentially confuse both opponent while giving your ally a speed boost with no drawbacks.

Also, Gravity is also a very popular choice in my eyes, giving a 130BP Blizzard 100% accuracy, as well as assisting Hustle abusers, among other things.

I have a little suggestion about the changes in sleep mechanics. To prevent abuse on the turn a pokemon wakes up by sleeping it again, How about making them inmune to sleep the turn they wake up?(except by moves like rest)

Usable Darm-Z? Awesome.

If suggestions are allowed... I think hurricane / thunder could go down to 50% or below weatherless. I really lose myself when people start using those on my ttar... and hit. focus blast / stone edge / hydro pump however should remain unchanged.

Just saw that they've been nerfed, so maybe my suggestion is no longer worth considering.

I have a little suggestion about the changes in sleep mechanics. To prevent abuse on the turn a pokemon wakes up by sleeping it again, How about making them inmune to sleep the turn they wake up?(except by moves like rest)

Yeah... Now that I think of it... The new Sleep Mechanics, due to how they always wake up after x number of turns, means you can easily predict when you should use the sleep move again.

Yeah, that is kinda a problem. Still, it generally works out to the pokemon that was sleeping getting one attack in before being put to sleep again, compared to regular Pokemon where this is still the case as long as the sleep inducer is faster. As such it mainly benefits Parasect who can use Leech Seed and Substitute, along with Spore, to continually resleep the same pokemon without them getting a hit. Of course, you can always switch while Sleep Clause is active and Parasect is certainly not without flaws so...

That being said, Prankster Jynx's priority sleep is annoying enough that I would not be against a grace period happening.

I want to report some bugs that I have founded:
-Hitmonchan cannot use Unburden
-All the Therian forms have a bug with sketch and almost every of their moves (It has to be related to necturna)
-I have heard that Heat wave and Night Slash are not working properly
- Electroweb is only reducing speed, not giving paralysis

I have a suggestion.
Sky Uppercut: Deals x2 damage to Flying type opponents.
That is to say that it nullifies Flying's resistance to Fighting.

Normally, fighting types rely on the inaccurate Stone Edge or the weaker Ice Punch or Thunder Punch to cover against their winged foes. With this change, they could trade in those moves and their stronger STABs like CC and HJK for a more reliable attack with better coverage, (that still gets STAB), and free up a move slot at the same time. With the increased distribution of Iron Fist, this could become a viable option on many Fighting type sweepers, despite the loss in power, to have an easier time getting around checks like Skarm and other bulky birds that threaten them with their STAB attacks.

Okay firstly, do Fighting types really need a buff? Its not a type that I would say is on the same level as Poison or Ice.

But anyway, I'd kinda like to complain a bit about the abilities in DuskMod. This is likely just a matter of taste, but it seems to me like almost every mon has three competitively viable abilities. This can really make things something of a guessing game, particularly when the abilities are really powerful like Mew's choice of a Ground immunity or a Status immunity. It would probably be better if each Pokemon had at most two good abilities (cos really, Druddigon gets Multiscale, Intimidate and No Guard? And Dynamic Punch? And Dragon/Fighting type?)

tl:dr I'm a whiny bitch who doesn't like scouting. Or Druddigon.

Okay firstly, do Fighting types really need a buff? Its not a type that I would say is on the same level as Poison or Ice?
My idea wouldn't really be a buff per say, but more like a unique move with a niche use, kinda like Foul Play. The current BP of Sky Uppercut is 85, and with Iron Fist it jumps to 102, which still makes it notably weaker than HJK and CC. It also doesn't grant the extended longevity that Drain punch would bring. In fact, the more I think about it, The more I wonder if there is a strong enough competitive reason to make that change, considering that all 'mons with Sky Uppercut have coverage against Flying Types, and generally better STAB attacks.

I want to suggest a nerf to Darm, it's just too powerful compared to other mons, especially because it resists most priority moves.
Druddigon should not get Dynamic punch, as it encroaches too much on Machamp's niche.

Matt's a minor suggestion: make Vital Throw ignore substitutes and raise its BP somewhat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)