Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have a not-so-obvious Prankster user you can Taunt the Kyurem-B (I'm not sure if Assist can select Magic Coat or not). A really sturdy physical wall with recovery will usually come out on top against Outrage spam teams. Getting rid of Blissey won't help though, as Assist can select moves from a fainted Pokemon.
Okay. I'll add Taunt to someone.

They didn't even have a Blissey anyway. Each Kyurem was Assist and 3 Outrages.

By the way, has anyone tried Prankster Simple Beam? Does it have any practical uses?

EDIT: I just battled Doolez. No pokemon fainted for either of us until turn 39, and then I lost in 12 turns xD

I ran a Kyurem team with these sets on the Kyurems:

Kyurem-B @Lum Berry (probably change a couple to mental herb)
Trait:Prankster (Snow Warning on the lead though)
-Assist
-Outrage
-Nature Power
-Dragon Tail

Nature Power is to avoid being walled cold by steels (while getting priority and not interfering with Assist), and Dragon Tail to phaze out other troublesome opponents. Sadly (or perhaps fortunately for facing it) there is no reliable way to use the STAB on ice attacks. There's a pretty small list for moves not selected by Assist (and Magic Coat is not on that list), but playing around with Destiny Bond or something might get some results.

Prankster simple beam can neuter Contrary pokemon, but the problem is using it before boosts happen. Tanking the +2 Draco Meteor/Overheat/etc. just to use Simple Beam is risky or downright suicidal. Unaware pokemon survive better, but wouldn't themselves benefit from the Simple stat drops and don't have priority. That would make it viable for something else to switch in though.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This thread's been kind of dead lately, but I've decided to ring in the new year with a new set for a previously unloved Pokemon in BH. I wouldn't give it away so so soon, but this thread needs a little jolt, it seems...

[pimg]384[/pimg]
Rayquaza @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
EVs: you know the drill
Nature: Lonely
- Shell Smash
- Acrobatics
- Fusion Flare
- Earthquake

Unburden allows it to outspeed Imposterbliss and KO it with Acrobatics after a boost and some hazards. Fusion Flare is for Escavalier and Ferrothorn while Earthquake hits Registeel and Dialga hard. I guess you could use Hi Jump Kick instead, but hax sucks. I'm on my DS now so I'll wrap it up here.

EDIT: After a bit of thinking, Magic Coat and Hi Jump Kick might be better over Fusion Flare and Earthquake. Fighting/Flying gets good coverage and Magic Coat bounces back status.

I used something similar with Ho-oh:

Ho-oh @ Flying Gem
Trait: Unburden
Nature: Adamant
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Flare Blitz / Sacred Fire
- Substitute

I think I'll give it a boosting move over roost though. It was really lacking in power unfortunately. I'm reluctant to run shell smash most of the time because I don't like the defence drop.

I still think Magic Guard Ho-oh with Brave Bird / Flare Blitz and shift gear is its best set.

Also, magic coat is one of the best anti-meta tools available. Stops spore abusers of all variants, and I think it also stops those relatively non-threatening but highly obnoxious copycat / whirlwind teams.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I just want to complain about the bh usage stats now.

First off... Alakazam over 2% usage wtf... There is LITERALLY 0 reason to use alakazam over mewtwo, mewtwos stats are 100% better

And then blissey with much higher usage than chansey... And only 33% of them are running scarf... Eviolite chansey is just better than lefties bliss and lum bliss is a very very small niche...

Rhydon and escavalier are also way too low. Rhydon is better a a prankster heart swap user than groudon 99% of the time because of the massively superior physical bulk, slightly better special bulk, and a resistance to espeed allowing it to beat belly drum slaking/gigas. Escavalier is also very good, one of the best steel types, with very good bulk and an enormously powerful gyro ball (I believe against most anything in the tier it's more powerful than most Draco meteors...)

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Personally, I view Blissey's ability to run Lum as a detterent against Prankster Spore more than I value the extra defense Eviolite Chansey gives. Both are extremely bulky, and I have not seen evidence that the extra bulk Chansey provides is enough to let it survive in common situations where Blissey would fail, whereas the instant a Prankster user appears, Blissey immediately has a clear advantage.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
A decent Assist Kyurem-B will have allocated its moves to insure its ability to beat both Blissey and Chansey.

W/ regards to Shuckle, it is a tremendously underestimated Pokemon that single-handedly justifies Sand Stall as the best example of an anti-metagame team.

So this is what I have on my Kyurems right now:

Kill 'em (Kyurem-Black) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Nature Power
- Destiny Bond
- Outrage

Cube (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Serious Nature
- Assist
- Nature Power
- Destiny Bond
- Outrage

Black Kyurem (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Nature Power
- Trick
- Outrage

Kyube (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Destiny Bond
- Nature Power
- Outrage

RAGE (Kyurem-Black) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Nature Power
- Dragon Tail
- Outrage

Kyurem-Black @ Lum Berry
Trait: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Assist
- Nature Power
- Destiny Bond
- Outrage
Lum berry lead beats Spore Deoxys-S, Teravolt takes care of Shedinja, and Trick and Dragon Tail take care of random boosting 'mons.
I just got beaten today by a bunch of evasion boosting Shuckes though :(

I'd like to note that Assist-Outrage tactic is actually the spoil of a bug.
I tried it in-game with Assist and an Haxorus with just Outrage and, after the first Assist, you get LOCKED in Outrage, unlike Sleep Talk, and even get confused after 2-3 hits.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I should note that the Assist Outrage bug is now (well, as of the next server restart) fixed. Kyurem-B should experience a rapid drop in popularity.

So this is what I have on my Kyurems right now:

Lum berry lead beats Spore Deoxys-S, Teravolt takes care of Shedinja, and Trick and Dragon Tail take care of random boosting 'mons.
I just got beaten today by a bunch of evasion boosting Shuckes though :(
seems to be destroyed easily by skarmory.

Imanalt

its also technically impossible to have multiple kyurem formes in one save file according to marty, so the kyu-b spam teams were doubly a bug lol

Can somebody explain why Assist KyuB was so popular anyway? I haven't played BH for a while so I never got a chance to face it. Belly Drum Slaking seems to outclass it as the physical behemoth. Skill Link KyuB is still one of my favourites to use though.

Perish Song looks like the best counter to Shuckle. Something like Celebi could Perish then u-turn into something gimmicky like Life orb + Sheer force KyuW (with sub of course). I'd like to try Shuckle myself. Gira-A actually felt quite underwhelming when I last used it, and its typing really hurts too. Haven't used it since.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Kyurem-B is the Pokemon with the highest Attack stat to get STAB from Outrage. Prankster + Assist means you almost always get to go first and blast everything to bits.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Escavalier was the closest thing Assist teams ever had to a true counter, really. Incredibly strong STAB Gyro Ball alternated with Recover took those Kyurem-B out easily.

Thank god Assist + Outrage locks you into Outrage now...

Escavalier was the closest thing Assist teams ever had to a true counter, really. Incredibly strong STAB Gyro Ball alternated with Recover took those Kyurem-B out easily.

Thank god Assist + Outrage locks you into Outrage now...
Escavailer is quickly worn down by Outrage from my experience.

I don't think so: 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Escavalier: 101-119 (29.36 - 34.59%) -- 6.98% chance to 3HKO

You can easily recover every second turn and just destroy enemy Kyurems:

252+ Atk Escavalier Gyro Ball (106 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Kyurem-B: 308-366 (67.84 - 80.61%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

has anyone tried hydration quiver dance tornadus in rain?

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam

Imanalt

has anyone tried hydration quiver dance tornadus in rain?

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Ice Beam
Why tornadus over lugia and why no rest?

Imanalt

Lugia doesn't get stab Thunder, and Thundurus is way stronger.
Oops i saw you say tornadus in your post and thought it was that... I still dont see the point in hydration without rest, magic bounc is better if your concern is spore... This set also has troubles with imposter pokemon, which is a huge problem for any sweeper in bh

Oops i saw you say tornadus in your post and thought it was that... I still dont see the point in hydration without rest, magic bounc is better if your concern is spore... This set also has troubles with imposter pokemon, which is a huge problem for any sweeper in bh
Mhm ye, gave it Rest now, tho I don't think it has the bulk to abuse it.

I might test out magic bounce. Also, heres my rain team.

Palkia @ Lum Berry
Trait: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Hurricane

Zekrom @ Lum Berry
Trait: Contrary
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- ExtremeSpeed
- Superpower
- V-create

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Protect
- Perish Song
- Seismic Toss

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Dry Skin
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Water Spout

Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Rest

The team was originally palkia/kyogre/registeel/giratina/kyogre/palkia, which sucked, and now its.............this. I'm still aiming to perfect it.

Oh and Zekrom is there to break walls and abuse sun with contrary V-Create, but I just added it, so idk if it will help or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)