BW Sux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
For those who are wondering/don't know:

Chespin is apparently based off a chestnut and a hedgehog (although I don't see the hedgehog in it at all)

Fennekin is based off a fennec fox.

Froakie is (likely) based off species of frogs who carry eggs and/or tadpoles on their back to protect their offspring, such as poison arrow frogs and midwife toads.

I like froakie :3

Chespin Final = Grass/Ground or Grass/Fight or Grass/Rock (Hoping for Grass/Fight)

Fennekin Final = Fire or Fire/Psychic or Fire/Electric (Hoping for the last two)

Froakie Final = is the more enigmatic for me, he can be Water, W/Rock, W/Ground, W/Poison, W/Flying. (hoping for the last two)

I even wonder if there will be some new huge changes in the mechanics of the game. Some new stat splits, some new things like the Team Preview or some type-resistance/weakness changes. It would be pretty funny to see them.

On new type resistances, I would like to have more dragon resists. Ice could be given it, it would be a huge buff and be kinda deserved, considering how the typing only has one resist to begin with. New Dragon resists would also lessen the pressure on steel types, though you'd probs want one on your team regardless :P.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I would cry if Froakie got Drizzle

please Nintendo, let the weather die ;__;

Seriously, is anyone going to buy a 3DS for anything other than this?
Kid Icarus Uprising, Tales of the Abyss, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Pokemon Rumble Blast.

To name a few other things. I'm one of those people who bought a 3DS early.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO 3DS, NO NO NO NO.

I mean, it's a smart business move for sure (which is the only thing Nintendo give a flying Froakie about), but I don't want to pay out the fucking ass for something I'm only going to use once and once only. I should probs buy one now before the prices skyrocket with pokemon fever.

There are some decent games on the 3ds

But if you don't think so there's always emulation

I'm not sure I'm gonna like the new generation, true the new ones look pretty awesome in 3d, but the pokemon designs are getting just plain bland, it looked like game freak was running out of ideas in gen 5, I'm curious on how they'll pull this off...

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man it was just October :''( I can't wait that long....

But damnnnn at the Worldwide release. 'Bout time.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Oh my lord, i can t think how many pokemon will be... imo they should divide the Gen.. >700 pokemons, that fuck the counter system .-.
Anyway i m curious to see, gotta catch em'all :)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All the people who are calling the 3DS useless, it's really not that bad. Very improved graphics, though I had an original DS for about 5 years. I never use the 3d, but I think it's a great system. It's not as expensive as it used to be.

Hey Gamefreak, it's time to finally put new typings.

And damn people, it ain't hard to save enough money for a 3DS (20h at minimum wage or something). You got until October.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No need to worry about that. With the shit that's been going on with the RU/NU cutoff (and the lack of RU activity), it's become clear that we shouldn't have added a fourth tier in the first place.
I cannot believe you actually just said that

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why are so many people worried about buying a 3DS, you can always play an emulated version or a cracked version whenever someone finds a way to put it online. I have a PS vita i ain't got time to buy another handheld system.
Because there is not and likely will not be, in the near future, a 3DS emulator.

Honestly I hope trade-forwards are gone, like in ADV.

edit: gave this thread a less-foul name. Nice try TFC.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because there is not and likely will not be, in the near future, a 3DS emulator.

Honestly I hope trade-forwards are gone, like in ADV.
I'll assume you weren't on the internet communities for the shitstorm of complaints that lasted for years because of GSC->RSE. Heck I'm sure there are still people bitter about it.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NO 3DS, NO NO NO NO.

I mean, it's a smart business move for sure (which is the only thing Nintendo give a flying Froakie about), but I don't want to pay out the fucking ass for something I'm only going to use once and once only. I should probs buy one now before the prices skyrocket with pokemon fever.

well the new PMD and the new SMT. Besides you could probably just buy a used 3DS. I mean it won't be for a few months so they should get cheaper.

Anyway I still like BW but this looks cool. Hoping for a Farfetch'd evo plz gamefreak

well the new PMD and the new SMT. Besides you could probably just buy a used 3DS. I mean it won't be for a few months so they should get cheaper.

Anyway I still like BW but this looks cool. Hoping for a Farfetch'd evo plz gamefreak
It needs a new item like a super stick just for him that will double its attack, special attack, and speed.

It would be rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)