Smogon Premier League IV - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what can i say lavos, my manager overrules me in everything. i can't do anything about it, no matter what my opinion is.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well judging from the OP of this thread, it's clear that your 4-turn game hasn't been registered as a win :s

That is possibly the greatest display of bad sportsmanship I have ever seen, trust me, I've been the bad sport in a lot of these situations, but nothing of this magnitude. Limitless, what are you doing? I understand your team is in a hole this week and you're desperate for wins, but you're seriously going to go to this extent to try to get one. It was TURN 4. You took the win due to a disconnection through a brand-new tournament DC policy. Do you understand how ridiculous this looks from the outside looking in?

And Jason, I expected better of you. If SoulWind really is your friend, then don't let your misguided manager push you around. Redo the match. I know you, and you're definitely not satisfied with this "win". Don't make yourself Limitless's tool. Go to SoulWind and ask for another game, a real game. Even if you lose and it reflects poorly on you, it's a lot better than taking an activity win on turn 4. Do the right thing, and this will all blow over.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Just want to make a point that in the past players can override manager decisions.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4124247&postcount=167

Last year 199 lives gave M Dragon a rematch in a game he won because M Dragon complained about a "lag glitch" that was never proven or disproven at all. I protested obviously but my position as manager cannot overrule a player decision regarding rematches.

EDIT: Apparently Eo confirmed players also have the final say, so King you can do that rematch.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
not a choke but used a pretty bad team that couldn't overcome ctc even with an early game crit, gg.
GG broski, I had the better end of team matchup, but it was a good game nonetheless and very close. GL in future rounds ;]

That is possibly the greatest display of bad sportsmanship I have ever seen, trust me, I've been the bad sport in a lot of these situations, but nothing of this magnitude. Limitless, what are you doing? I understand your team is in a hole this week and you're desperate for wins, but you're seriously going to go to this extent to try to get one. It was TURN 4. You took the win due to a disconnection through a brand-new tournament DC policy. Do you understand how ridiculous this looks from the outside looking in?

And Jason, I expected better of you. If SoulWind really is your friend, then don't let your misguided manager push you around. Redo the match. I know you, and you're definitely not satisfied with this "win". Don't make yourself Limitless's tool. Go to SoulWind and ask for another game, a real game. Even if you lose and it reflects poorly on you, it's a lot better than taking an activity win on turn 4. Do the right thing, and this will all blow over.
If you honestly think that Jason going against his manager's will is a good idea, then you are horribly wrong. While I don't approve of the scenario, upsetting the person who sends in lineups is possibly the stupidest decision you could do as a battler. Jason is just being a resonable person and he should get none of the blame. If there's anyone getting flank for this nonsense, it obviously shouldn't be Jason, and if you think so, u fugazi.

Also fuck blarajan I knew he would fucking lose

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lol @ limitless

taking a page from the book of his good friend/father/cocaptain (:o coincidence?) kevin garrett who successfully took a win off of a turn 2 d/c from me in smogon tour (which means that there is obviously precedence for this scenario and this jasonpwn should get the win, right??

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you honestly think that Jason going against his manager's will is a good idea, then you are horribly wrong. While I don't approve of the scenario, upsetting the person who sends in lineups is possibly the stupidest decision you could do as a battler. Jason is just being a resonable person and he should get none of the blame. If there's anyone getting flank for this nonsense, it obviously shouldn't be Jason, and if you think so, u fugazi.

Also fuck blarajan I knew he would fucking lose
This might be true if Limitless had any other players...

I don't want to be annoying but my teammates asked me to do an activity post.

Vmd skarm on monday, he never replied and he's never on #spl, so LN asked me to look for him on #nutgebridge, then pmd him on that channel and he said to play on Friday (yesterday) because he had being a very hard work week. It's fine, but yesterday i pmd him again on #nutgebridge, waited for like 3-4 hours and never got a reply.

I'm not going to have much free time tomorrow, so hope to play today... (if he has not time it's ok, but then his manager should do anything)

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't want to be annoying but my teammates asked me to do an activity post.

Vmd skarm on monday, he never replied and he's never on #spl, so LN asked me to look for him on #nutgebridge, then pmd him on that channel and he said to play on Friday (yesterday) because he had being a very hard work week. It's fine, but yesterday i pmd him again on #nutgebridge, waited for like 3-4 hours and never got a reply.

I'm not going to have much free time tomorrow, so hope to play today... (if he has not time it's ok, but then his manager should do anything)
You -are- being annoying. I told you, and LN, that I had a really awful week at work, and yet you still seem to try and join every channel I'm sitting in to PM me. I told you 'maybe Friday', and we never actually set a time.

I ended up being busy. I have a wife, in-laws, and my own family stuff to deal with. Friday didn't work out. We have two days on the weekend to play. If you were as dedicated as you think you'd have actually suggested a time that would work for you, but you haven't. Your entire solution seems to be "join channel wait for x hours" and then whine to LN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)