Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only suggestion would be to add more battle music if possible ( Gym leader themes, E4, ect.) Thank you and have a nice day :D

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I think, in the next PS update, there should be an option to drag and place your Pokemon in Teambuilder to wherever you see fit in the lineup. Like, if you don't like the order of your team in Teambuilder, you could move it around to where you want it.
The only reason you would need to rearrange your team is if you have a Zoroark on it - and if you have a Zoroark on it, it already lets you rearrange it as you like. Otherwise it just lets you choose your lead (which is all you really need to do).

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That would be useful for tiers like Balanced Hackmons where there is no Team Preview. However, you can already reorder your Pokemon in the import/export field with copy+paste.

I have two suggestions, hopefully these will be seen and considered.
1. A Hover-over feature for when you hover over your Pokemon to see it's total stats. This includes stat boost calculations.
2. Hide All for chat, or another channel so we aren't forced to see people talk in chat. Not everyone wants to see it lol.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Please please please bring back a PO server for like suspect tests and stuff. Cuz I just got better internet yesterday, but PS! still lags like crazy. Kept on getting kicked in my battle even though I pressed the move ASAP didn't even think (i still won but I think he was just pissed off). PS! is just really slow but PO never has these problems. Like I love this community a lot but I hate the fact I can't battle. :(

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Actually, Pokemon Showdown! is normally much less laggy. In the last couple weeks, however, the server has been experiencing some issues related to the ladder and login servers. The developers are working hard to fix this issue, so don't fret.

Update the Pokemon tiers in the teambuilder. I want to be able to see what Pokemon are in which tier without having to check the official Site for that. Like Cresselia still shown in RU. I understand that I may need to be patient with this, but I just find it irksome.

I'd like to see an ignore function during battles like on PO, so you can ignore your opponent and/or spectators. I'm getting tired of having to read random shit about "OP legendaries" and "omg hax".

I've been playing ps for about 6 months now, but I have a suggestion for it.

Make it so ps is actually playable on mobile devices. Ps is near unplayable on any sort of moble divice and kicks you out of team building whenever you start to build one. The battles are playable, but you can't see the side screen where all the talking is going, and you can't see any of the previous moves you made.

Simply I want to play pokemon showdown when I don't have access to a computer, which is about 90 % of the day for most of us.

There should be an option to save the avatar. I see that some avatars are hard-coded in the source code (users.js). It would be better to put them on a database table. I don't know how the user identification data is stored but here you could also store an integer for the avatar for each UserID.

Hardcoded values are difficult to maintain, unflexible and unportable.

The ugly code section
Code:
if (userid === "serei") avatar = 172;
else if (userid === "hobsgoblin") avatar = 52;
else if (userid === "ataraxia" || userid === "okuu") avatar = 1008;
else if (userid === "verbatim") avatar = 283;
else if (userid === "mortygymleader") avatar = 144;
else if (userid === "leadermorty") avatar = 144;
else if (userid === "leaderjasmine") avatar = 146;
else if (userid === "championcynthia") avatar = 260;
else if (userid === "aeo" || userid === "zarel") avatar = 167;
else if (userid === "aeo1") avatar = 167;
else if (userid === "aeo2") avatar = 166;
else if (userid === "sharktamer") avatar = 7;
else if (userid === "bmelts") avatar = 1004;
else if (userid === "n") avatar = 209;
else if (userid === "growlithe") avatar = 1007;
else if (userid === "v4") avatar = 94;
else if (userid === "hawntah") avatar = 161;
else if (userid === "greatsage") avatar = 1005;
else if (userid === "bojangles") avatar = 1006;
else if (userid === "dtc") avatar = 30;
else if (userid === "hugendugen") avatar = 1009;
else if (userid === "fatecrashers") avatar = 18;
could be replaced by something like this:
Code:
LoginServer.request( 'getAvatar',
                     { user: this.userid },
                     function(data){this.avatar = data} );

if (this.avatar === null) {
      var trsprites = [1, 2, 101, 102, 169, 170];
      this.avatar = trsprites[Math.floor(Math.random()*trsprites.length)];
}

I would like it if whenever I PM someone or multiple people, that I don't get cut off when someone new sends me a message or something. It's not like overly bad or anything, but when I type a longer message it stops and messes me up. :c

I have two suggestions, hopefully these will be seen and considered.
1. A Hover-over feature for when you hover over your Pokemon to see it's total stats. This includes stat boost calculations.
2. Hide All for chat, or another channel so we aren't forced to see people talk in chat. Not everyone wants to see it lol.
This would also be nice for Challenge Cup since you don't see if you have a physical or a special split. If your opponents lead has Shadow Tag or Magnet Pull you cannot open the team overview to see your team's movesets. The hover function sounds great.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
WHAT THEY STILL DON'T??

also still requesting tempmutes/bans (mostly tempmutes). :[
Yes, please, modlog for us and also temp mutes.
Also, I find it funny that mute mutes all alts but unmute just unmutes the target.

1) In-battle stat view (I mainly would need it for random bat, but it would be a convenience over viewing in team builder)

2) Change order of team prebattle (Makes disguising your Zoroark less of a pain)

3) Changeable auto-load team (You can choose which teams load when a tier is changed rather than the first possible one)

4) Changing order of team in team builder (or just the lead spot)

5) Mono-type tier

6) Mono-Gen tier

7) Hidden Power chart (Allows you to change which stats IV's change within the same HP, i.e HP ice can be 31/31/31/31/31/30 or 30/31/30/31/31/31)

8) Mutual Tie (Stops people from raging when both sides can only stall to win)

9) Invisible mode (Doesn't show up in the online list)

10) Damage Calc(either in team builder or battle menu)

11) Pause on replay

12) Save replay's to computer

13) Complete view of the ladder(not just top 100)

1) In-battle stat view (I mainly would need it for random bat, but it would be a convenience over viewing in team builder)

2) Change order of team prebattle (Makes disguising your Zoroark less of a pain)

3) Changeable auto-load team (You can choose which teams load when a tier is changed rather than the first possible one)

5) Mono-type tier

6) Mono-Gen tier

7) Hidden Power chart (Allows you to change which stats IV's change within the same HP, i.e HP ice can be 31/31/31/31/31/30 or 30/31/30/31/31/31)

10) Damage Calc(either in team builder or battle menu)

11) Pause on replay

12) Save replay's to computer

2) You should be able to change team around when you do have Zoroark on your team

4) You can use the export function in teambuilder to copy/paste the team around and therefore change their order

9) If mods don't show up on the list, how will people contact them if need be?

10) Use /calc in the chat to bring up a link to the PS Honcho calculator

More information is requested. If I was in charge, I would be an asshole and remove the ability to change order of team. It would be a change nonetheless.

It is easy to do this. It just is not GUI.

5) Mono-type tier
I will give you the answer that has been given countless times, only nicer: NO!

6) Mono-Gen tier
Be patient. They actually need the generations implemented before the tier can be implemented.

Other sites' charts are incorrect? I haven't had issue with making HP 60 BP.

A decent idea, but one that people, sadly, tried to abuse previously. Choosing to tie instead of lose so that their rank is not hurt.

Make an alt.

11) Pause on replay
You already can pause replays.

Do you have any idea how large that would be?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
For the record, the lack of a UI to rearrange teams in the list, or pokemon in the team, is the main reason why the "I'm not finished with it" message still appears in the teambuilder.

I'm not sure if this is possible but we should be able to copy and paste movesets and etc off the smogon site onto PS teambuilder. Like having a link on the side of to page saying "add to team"

I've been playing ps for about 6 months now, but I have a suggestion for it.

Make it so ps is actually playable on mobile devices. Ps is near unplayable on any sort of moble divice and kicks you out of team building whenever you start to build one. The battles are playable, but you can't see the side screen where all the talking is going, and you can't see any of the previous moves you made.

Simply I want to play pokemon showdown when I don't have access to a computer, which is about 90 % of the day for most of us.
Zarel in the thread on this topic v_v said:
As mentioned, PS isn't designed to run well on phones and tablets. I'll optimize it when I have the time, but I'm sorry, it's mainly made for computers. :/

2) You should be able to change team around when you do have Zoroark on your team
That wasn't working for me before so I didn't think it was implemented yet

4) You can use the export function in teambuilder to copy/paste the team around and therefore change their order
I know that, something simpler would be nice though
9) If mods don't show up on the list, how will people contact them if need be?
Why would the mods use it?

(I made a thread at the Suggestion Box before knowing about this thread , please delete my thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3477294 )

Hi, I use the Smogon's simulator often and I'm always experiencing major lag on the chat. http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

I'm just suggesting that maybe there should be a button for members that enables them to ignore the chat so there is no lag.

Kinda like how the Moderators and Admins can mute the chat so only the staff team can talk,but for members. This is what it says when they mute the main chat
" Moderated chat was set to +!
Only users of rank + and higher can talk. "
Maybe for members it can say " (Username here) chat was set to ignore/silent
(Username here) Has disabled their chatbox from receiving any new messages "
And when the member wants to receive any messages from the main chat it could say something like this
" (Username here) is now able to receive messages "

Please consider this suggestion.
Thanks,
iLeo

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think it would be nice that, when a player checks /rank, ACRE, GXE, and Glicko2 have a link to an explanation on what they are, like the forum posts for instance, so people stop asking it and everyone can know.

I would really like to be able to see my opponent's rank before I start the battle. I like to know what kind of player I am battling before I start. I don't want to sound like I am boasting. I know you can look at their rank in the chat but in this day and age when people want to hurry everything and go fast, I can't waste time or they'll turn on the timer. I hate the timer, it makes me feel rushed and that is bad.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I would really like to be able to see my opponent's rank before I start the battle. I like to know what kind of player I am battling before I start. I don't want to sound like I am boasting. I know you can look at their rank in the chat but in this day and age when people want to hurry everything and go fast, I can't waste time or they'll turn on the timer. I hate the timer, it makes me feel rushed and that is bad.
The thing is, in a deterministic universe like ours, it doesn't matter what his rank in in relation to the start or end of the battle, you seeing the rank will have no effect on what the rank is.

In short, it doesn't matter what his rank is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)