BW II offense

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone. I am new to playing competitive Pokemon format. I have experimented with weather teams, stall teams, etc but what I prefer to play with is offensive teams. I had a hard time getting good synergy, but I think my first team isn't that bad XD. This team is a gamble, with many matches ending just 1-0, and such. Despite the non traditional aspects of this team, I think it was a good first team for me. Without further adieu, here is my first ever Wifi team.

The Team​

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Magic Coat
- Taunt

Okay. I know what you're thinking. Deoxys-D on a hyper offense team? I know, I know. But at first I was using specs Alakazam as my lead. After playing with the team I realized that entry hazards could really help out. After experimenting with other leads such as Froslass, I ultimately decided upon this Deoxys-D set. The EVs maximize bulk while still being able to out speed a good portion of common leads. As for the moves, Rocks and Spikes is pretty standard, as is taunt, but Magic coat isn't necessarily common. With the combination of Mental Herb + Magic coat, I can get taunted/ encored by common leads like Politoed and Sableye, use my Mental Herb to escape as I get up rocks. After that, my opponent usually assumes it is safe to try to Taunt/ Encore me again, but then Magic coat surprise-reflects the taunt on to the opposing Pokemon/ and avoids the encore. Overall, Deoxys-D is a great lead and is fantastic at setting up hazards.

Haxorus @ Focus Sash
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 220 Spd / 252 Atk / 36 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Haxorous was the first Pokemon I added to the team. On my first random battle on Pokemon Showdown, I got a Haxorous, and I fell in love with him. So when it was time to seriously make a team, I went with one of if not my favorite Pokemon to use. The EVs maximize Haxorous's attack, and speed. You are probably wondering why the 36 HP EVs, though. These allow Haxorous to survive Reuniclus's Psychic and Life Orb Landorous's Earthquake after rocks. While it's true these extra HP EVs aren't completely necessary because of my sash, some of the attacks that they allow Haxorous to survive have rocks factored in, so the sash doesn't play a part in those. Speaking of the Sash, you're probably wondering why I'm not running Life Orb/Lum Berry. The reason I run a sash is because it is great for countering Pokemon who are on a rampage such as Swords Dance Garchomp locked into Outrage, Scarfed Salamence locked into Dragon Claw/ Outrage, Specs Keldeo locked into HP Ice, etc. I switch in Haxorous, my opponent gets me down to my sash, I set up a Dragon Dance, and then next turn, outspeed my foe and hit them with a powerful Dragon Dance boosted STAB Outrage. Overall, Haxorous is a great set up sweeper, and great at getting big picks.

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Keldeo, everyone's favorite little horse. (Bronies would argue, but that is neither here nor there.) This set is pretty much standard. After a Calm Mind, Keldeo's ability to sweep is incredible. I have experimented with Scarf Keldeo, Specs Keldeo, Leftovers CM Keldeo, and even all out attacker Expert belt Keldo. But, nothing compares with CM Life Orb Keldo in my opinion. After a Calm Mind, with the added power of Life Orb, Keldeo does some serious damage. I tried Surf and even Scald, but nothing compares with the added power of Hydro Pump.werful Water move, being Hydro pump, is great. After a Calm Mind, rain boosted Hydro Pump is insane. I chose HP Ice because its true that without HP Ghost Jellicent is complete wall to Keldeo, I found that HP Ice is more useful because of how often you see Dragon-Flying types such as Salamence and Dragonite, and also Mono-Dragon Pokemon, specifically Haxorous. It also helps against Chomp, but Neutral Hidden Power usually does a good amount, so it is not completely necessary in that respect. Not much to say about Keldo because of how standard it is, but nonetheless a great sweeper and very important to the team.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick/Brick Break/Zen Headbutt

Victini, a true legend. Despite Victini somehow being in the UU tier, he performs wonderfully in OU, and on this team. Scarfed Victini serves as a revenge killer. I originally used Specs Victini for the surprise factor, but giving up DAT V-CREATE is not something I recommend anyone does. Victini is an excellent revenge killer. His main purpose is to get switched into after another Pokemon in my party faints, and then try to clean up whatever is on the field. With V-Create's astounding 180 base power, and it being STAB, I cant even begin to count how many OHKOs I get on neutral Pokemon. There are two other added bonuses to having Victini on this team. Because I almost always have at least Rocks + one layer of Spikes, Victini's purpose is even easier. Also, against a Sun team, V Create's already ridiculous power is boosted by another 50%. You may have noticed that trick is the first option for the last move slot. While seeming odd at first, because Victini's awkward 100 base speed is not enough to revenge kill to the full potential. But, because of the nature of this set, Victini is usually around late-game. Trick is great for when Victini is one of, if not the last one life, and I need to Trick away my Scarf so I am able to gain coverage via being able to change moves. Giving a Scarf to a wall/defensive Pokemon is great so Victini can gain important late game Leftovers recovery, while also being able to cripple a wall. That is not to say that Zen Headbutt is good against Conkeldurr, and Brick Break takes care of Stoutland, who is fairly common on sand teams. Overall, Victini is great at what he does, and is oftentimes the main reason why I win matches.

Tyranitar @ Choice Specs
Trait: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SAtk / 180 HP / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

I know, I know. CHOICE SPECS TYRANITAR? BUT WHY NOT RUN A BAND. AFTER ALL, HIS BASE ATTACK IS A WHOPPING 134 AND HIS SPECIAL ATTACK IS ONLY A MEASLY BASE 95! There are two words that can answer that. Surprise. Factor. Specs Tyranitar is great for surprising common Tyranitar switch-ins, such as Ferrothorn, Magnezone (not as common,) Donphan, Gliscor, Forretress, and etc. So many times my opponent switches in expecting a Stone Edge, and I pull a Specs Ice beam or Fire Blast out of the bag and a surprise OHKO happens. With 252 Special Attack EVs, Modest Nature, and Choice Specs, Tyranitar's Special attack reaches a surprising 416. Speaking of EVs, I went with 76 Speed just to outspeed uninvested base 70 Speed Pokemon, mainly Skarmory. Now, on to the moves. I started with a standard BoltBeam combo, hitting both Dragons and bulky Water types like Jellicent and Vaporeon. Fire Blast surprises and KOs Ferrothorn and Forretress easily. Hidden power ground is there to KO Magnezone with ease, when it switches in expecting a stone edge. Unnerve because I dislike using weather, and a Sandstorm does not help my team at all. Overall, Specs Tyranitar is extremely good in both surprising and dealing consistent Special damage.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Offensive SD Scizor, an extremely powerful sweeper. Offensive Scizor is a great sweeper at any point in the match, but I find that Scizor is a great partner with Victini, in that he especially shines late game. After a Swords Dance, Scizor is amazing at cleaning up weakened Pokemon of any kind. I originally went with a 252 HP/ 252 ATK Adamant Scizor, but after seeing his late game capabilities, I went with 252 Spd + Jolly nature for max speed. This allows Scizor to creep up on uninvested Pokemon with low base Speed such as Skarmory and Tyranitar. I went with Superpower over Brick Break, despite Superpower's downside, the 45 extra base power is amazing. Scizor's STAB Bullet Punch, with Technician, especially after a Swords Dance, does lots of damage even to resists, such as Landorous. As a reference point, Scizor's attack stat reaches 718 after a Swords Dance. Imagine that, along with Life Orb's boost. It hurts, to say the least. As a whole Scizor does great because of his raw power, and ability which complements his movepool very well.

Conclusion

As a whole, this team was lots of fun to develop and to use. I feel like after using this for a while I have a basic understanding of the BW II metagame, and competitive Pokemon as a whole. I know this team as a whole isn't very different, But I think there are enough alterations from normal to make it different. I spent a lot of time on this, so any suggestions and/or Luvdiscs are greatly appreciated XD

Thanks in advance :)

Mosquiton

Tette
Hi There, nice team!

The first thing I notice is that you don't have a spinner so it would be best to limit any extra damage to your Pokémons.
For this reason I want advise to put the Lum Berry to Haxorus, in this way will cure the confusion of by outrage evoud self hits, also can avoid that will inflict a status condition at the first shot but also from that scald burn rate of decrease drastically the staying power of haxoruus.
The second thing that i want you to note is that the main role of Tyranitar is to eliminate the Annoying Psychic Pokemon, I'm talking about Lats@ and Celebi: they are good checks to the keldeo's moves, so I want advice to put BandTar instead of Specs, in this way you can take Lati@s' and celebi's moves and pursuit them and start with the keldeo's sweep.
100 Evs in speed for outspeed Skarmory and make a 2hko with StoneEdge.
At this point the special power of the team is decreased but I noticed that your keldeo has a Life Orb, unfortunately with the sand on the field keldeo die too quickly losing 16% of life every turn, so I suggest you to give the choice specs to him for make special hits much stronger than Tyranitar.
These two Pokémon work very well together because each one kills the other check.
now I want to advise the last major change in the team.
I was thinking of putting Scarfsalamence> Victini, so you'll get another water resistor but also an excellent partner for Haxorus: together hit hard and pressing their checks.
With moxie Salamence will boost more and more every attack when he makes a kill guaranteeing an extraordinary power with which manage to clean much better because the main Victini's stab decrease your speed removing the speed necessary to clean the opposing's team.
Also has great synergy with Scizor.
Last thing that i want suggest is to put red card to Dexys, so you can be confident that no one uses Deoxys as setup fodder.
For block opponents' taunt youhave Magic Coat so Mental herb is useless

Sets:
>Red Card @Deoxys
>CBTar over SpecsTar
>Scarfmence over ScarfVictini
>LumBerry @Haxorus
>ChoiceSpecs @Keldeo

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]

@Mosquiton

Hi. For Latios and Latias can't I just put Dark Pulse? And I have unnerve not Sand Stream on Tyranitar. Also, sash is specifically there to KO pokemon who are sweeping my team. Also I am failing to see how Moxiemence does anything more for the team than Victini. And that Deoxys D set is kinda my signature set so I am reluctant to change it. Thanks anyways

Hi, cool team you have here, that SpecsTar is pretty nice. The three biggest things I noticed about your team are:
1.) You do not have an Offensive Spinblocker, which is a necessity on Deoxys-D Hyper Offensive teams.
2.) You do not handle Haxorus's threats too well, which makes it harder to pull off a sweep.
2.) You are easily 6-0'ed by Rock Polish Landorus.
A spinblocker is crucial on all Deoxys-D Hyper Offensive teams. Deoxys-D is a suicide lead, meaning once it is dead, your opponent can freely spin off all the hard-earned hazards you put up on the field; and you really don't want that. Also, Rock Polish Landorus is a pretty big threat to your team. It gets the easy setup on your Tyranitar or Victini locked into the wrong move and OHKOs your whole team without even trying. Gengar would be a great addition to your team. With the ability to spinblock preventing your hazards from being blown away, Gengar also gives you a nice answer to Rock Polish Landorus. Gengar is immune to both Earth Power and Focus Blast and only takes 44.65 - 52.67% from Hidden Power Ice. Also, Psychic is very uncommon. Gengar still maintains the offensive nature the rest of your team carries with an above average base speed stat of 110 and a very good 130 base Special Attack stat. With access to Disable, Gengar can be a huge nuisance, especially against choiced Pokemon since they are locked into one move. As cool as your SpecsTar is, I feel like it is the weak link of the team. Gengar is able to handle the switch ins you mentioned you can hit with Tyranitar while staying safe behind Substitute. Other Pokemon I feel you really need to counter are Starmie, the Lati twins, Mamoswine and scarfed Dragons. Your team's goal is to setup a Haxorus sweep and the Lati twins, scarfed Dragons, and Mamoswine are the biggest threats to it. These can be dealt with much better by putting slapping on a Choice Band on Scizor. With a Choice Band equipped, you already have the raw power needed to shut down enemies late game while cleaning up. I have one main reason for suggesting this, however, and that is because of the move Pursuit. If you are able to come in on a predicted Lati Draco Meteor, you will be able to trap them with Pursuit and punish them. This makes life much easier for Haxorus, who doesn't like being outsped by them. The other thing Pursuit is very helpful for is trapping Starmie. Starmie is a very common Spinner in the metagame and unfortunately, outspeeds Gengar. By trapping and killing Starmie, Gengar does not have to worry about being taken out after blocking Rapid Spin. The immediate power from using a Choice Band is also useful for taking care of scarfed Dragons, who Haxorus also does not appreciate. Lastly, Mamoswine is also dealt with through a STAB Bullet Punch. For smaller changes, I recommend using a Lum Berry over Focus Sash on Haxorus. Focus Sash is pretty pointless without a Spinner and using a Lum Berry allows you to setup on Pokemon you normally couldn't. You can also try using Hidden Power Ghost over Hidden Power Ice on Keldeo if Jellicent is annoying. Other than that, solid team.

Hope I helped and here are Gengar and Scizor.

Sets:

Gengar @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Hi, there

Known a substantial weakness in Rock Polish Landorus especially under the Sandstorm, which can come in and use of Polish Rock Deoxys-D, of Victini loked in Bolt Strike / Hidden Power Ground, and on Tyranitar loked in Thunderbolt, which if used Rock Polish and begins to attack can seriously hurt your team.
Also, I see you without Spin-bloker just one Rapid Spin to get off the field all the Hazards, and send you all air.
So I for solving these two problems put Scarf Gengar, which is the spin-bloker and solves the problem Landorus, being immune to Earth Power and Focus Blast, Hidden Power Ice is only, from which it takes damage exaggerated. Gengar I'd use it as Revenge Killer-and Spin-bloker instead of Victini. Scarf Gengar is able to outrun the three Therian, all Dragons, even after a single Dragon Dance and kill them with Hidden Power Ice and support of Stealth Rock.

At this point, since Latios and Latias could cause problems to the team and especially bother to Sweep Cmind Keldeo, I would change the set of Choice Band Tyranitar in with Pursuit - Crunch - Stone Edge - Superpower this spread Evs 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spd Adamant. This Evs spread combined with the nature Adamant maximizes the attack, the 100 Evs in Spd instead serve to outrun Skarmory and make the 2 Okho with Stone Edge in the presence of Stealth Rock, other Evs are in HP to have greater Bulkyness, since its rate necessary precisely is reached with 100 Evs. With Pursuit can kill Latios and Latias, who annoy Keldeo.

For Deoxys-D would use Red Card> Mental Herb, since you practically Magic Coat protects you from any Status, Mental Herb is useless. Red Card allows you when you get hit, you send away Statupper very annoying for the team.

For haxorus instead say Lum Berry> Focus Sash. Focus Sash is pretty useless, considering the Stealth Rock that each team puts on the field, you are also without Spinner, so once you put them you can not take them off Lum Berry, care Haxorus from the confusion of Outrage, and any other status (burn, poison, paralysis, sleep) and is therefore much more useful, to go to his Sweep. I also see that Haxorus has Superpower, that once you use it you take away the boost in attack received from Dragon Dance, now if you want to keep it, keep it, but considering that Brick Break, though it has less power (but after a Dragon Dance) , it still achieves a lot, do not you lower the attack. Same goes for Scizor, if you want to try it, otherwise if you do not keep well the need Superpower.

To me Keldeo i would change Life Orb, with Lum Berry to him, to cure him of any status, for example the classic Rotom-W that you use Thunder Wave and then use you Volt Switch, with Lum Berry is screwed x)
Good Luck, with your team!

Set
Gengar (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Red Card > Mental Herb (for Deoxys-D)
Lum Berry > Focus Sash (for Haxorus)
Brick Break > Superpower (for Scizor and Haxorus. but is OPTIONAL)
Lum Berry > Life Orb (for Keldeo)

MY POST NEVER SENT? UGH.

Okay I'll do a brief new one T.T

keldeo -> scarf
haxorus -> SD > DD / band
ttar -> mix chopple berry
vicitini -> lando I e belt
scizor -> bulky SD w/ u turn

you can also run gravity lando + cb hax and spam eq

ignre edit below; didn't see your set already has spikes whomp
EDIT: IF U WANT TO RUN GRAV lando and cb hax, just switch rocks to spikes on deo d or give up taunt.

bit basically: the changes gave you answers to sun teams (lando I with enough investment to outpace nonax speed tales); a better ttar set/ cb bluff; a u turn core between lando I and scizor; a more repliable scarfer as 2 SD'ers and a CM sweeper is kind of lame imo. And I run sash on deo d to beat cb ttars. You can also run lead SR taunt terrak if ferro is a butt

oh and if you choose grav lando I + cb hax, I recommend running specially defensive rotokw to take on torny; who is probably not going to be banned, maybe maybe not

Hi.

I got your PM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, on Deoxys-D I'd use Red Car, replacing Mental Herb. Mental Herb is a useless move because Deoxys-D has already Magic Coat to block opposing pokèmon's Taunt. Red Car otherwise can be useful to send away annoying setupper like Dragon Dance Dragonite and Dragon Dance Salamence. Then, I suggest you to change Tyranitar's set into a Choice Band one. Choice Band Tyranitar fits very well in this team because it can pursuit the main Keldeo's counter like Latios, Latias, Jellicent and Celebi. I will post Tyranitar's set below in this rate anyway I'd use it with 100 EVs in Speed to outspeed Skarmory and to make a 2HKO on it because when Skarmory dies Haxorus and Scizor can sweep opposing team more easily. Third, on Haxorus I'd use Lum Berry, replacing Focus Sash. Lum Berry is useful to setup on Politoed, Tentacruel, Chansey, Blissey, Amoonguss and so on without fear to get an annoying status like burn and it also cures Outrage's confusion so it avoids self hits because of Outrage. Focus Sash otherwise isn't a very useful move because in the current metagame are common Stealth Rock and sandstorm and they'll break Haxorus' Focus Sash. Finally, I agree with Mr. Green's advice to use Choice Scarf Gengar, replacing Victini. Choice Scarf Gengar is a great spin-blocker and it's also a good revenge-kill so I think it's fine for your team.

Anyways, nice team! Here's the sets you should use:

- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope I helped, good luck!

Hi, cool team you have here, that SpecsTar is pretty nice. The three biggest things I noticed about your team are:
1.) You do not have an Offensive Spinblocker, which is a necessity on Deoxys-D Hyper Offensive teams.
2.) You do not handle Haxorus's threats too well, which makes it harder to pull off a sweep.
2.) You are easily 6-0'ed by Rock Polish Landorus.
A spinblocker is crucial on all Deoxys-D Hyper Offensive teams. Deoxys-D is a suicide lead, meaning once it is dead, your opponent can freely spin off all the hard-earned hazards you put up on the field; and you really don't want that. Also, Rock Polish Landorus is a pretty big threat to your team. It gets the easy setup on your Tyranitar or Victini locked into the wrong move and OHKOs your whole team without even trying. Gengar would be a great addition to your team. With the ability to spinblock preventing your hazards from being blown away, Gengar also gives you a nice answer to Rock Polish Landorus. Gengar is immune to both Earth Power and Focus Blast and only takes 44.65 - 52.67%. Also, Psychic is very uncommon. Gengar still maintains the offensive nature the rest of your team carries with an above average base speed stat of 110 and a very good 130 base Special Attack stat. With access to Disable, Gengar can be a huge nuisance, especially against choiced Pokemon since they are locked into one move. As cool as your SpecsTar is, I feel like it is the weak link of the team. Gengar is able to handle the switch ins you mentioned you can hit with Tyranitar while staying safe behind Substitute. Other Pokemon I feel you really need to counter are Starmie, the Lati twins, Mamoswine and scarfed Dragons. Your team's goal is to setup a Haxorus sweep and the Lati twins, scarfed Dragons, and Mamoswine are the biggest threats to it. These can be dealt with much better by putting slapping on a Choice Band on Scizor. With a Choice Band equipped, you already have the raw power needed to shut down enemies late game while cleaning up. I have one main reason for suggesting this, however, and that is because of the move Pursuit. If you are able to come in on a predicted Lati Draco Meteor, you will be able to trap them with Pursuit and punish them. This makes life much easier for Haxorus, who doesn't like being outsped by them. The other thing Pursuit is very helpful for is trapping Starmie. Starmie is a very common Spinner in the metagame and unfortunately, outspeeds Gengar. By trapping and killing Starmie, Gengar does not have to worry about being taken out after blocking Rapid Spin. The immediate power from using a Choice Band is also useful for taking care of scarfed Dragons, who Haxorus also does not appreciate. Lastly, Mamoswine is also dealt with through a STAB Bullet Punch. For smaller changes, I recommend using a Lum Berry over Focus Sash on Haxorus. Focus Sash is pretty pointless without a Spinner and using a Lum Berry allows you to setup on Pokemon you normally couldn't. You can also try using Hidden Power Ghost over Hidden Power Ice on Keldeo if Jellicent is annoying. Other than that, solid team.

Hope I helped and here are Gengar and Scizor.

Sets:

Gengar @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Disable
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
Hi. Awesome suggestions. I tried CB Scizor and it worked great. As for Gengar, I don't feel a spinner is completely necessary because with Deoxys's Taunt + Magic Coat combo, I usually reflect rocks, or rtaunt before they can set them up. Lum Berry Haxorous has been working well, so thanks to all who suggested that. I realize Gengar is more practical but SpecsTar is so much fun XD Thanks

Hi.

I got your PM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, on Deoxys-D I'd use Red Car, replacing Mental Herb. Mental Herb is a useless move because Deoxys-D has already Magic Coat to block opposing pokèmon's Taunt. Red Car otherwise can be useful to send away annoying setupper like Dragon Dance Dragonite and Dragon Dance Salamence. Then, I suggest you to change Tyranitar's set into a Choice Band one. Choice Band Tyranitar fits very well in this team because it can pursuit the main Keldeo's counter like Latios, Latias, Jellicent and Celebi. I will post Tyranitar's set below in this rate anyway I'd use it with 100 EVs in Speed to outspeed Skarmory and to make a 2HKO on it because when Skarmory dies Haxorus and Scizor can sweep opposing team more easily. Third, on Haxorus I'd use Lum Berry, replacing Focus Sash. Lum Berry is useful to setup on Politoed, Tentacruel, Chansey, Blissey, Amoonguss and so on without fear to get an annoying status like burn and it also cures Outrage's confusion so it avoids self hits because of Outrage. Focus Sash otherwise isn't a very useful move because in the current metagame are common Stealth Rock and sandstorm and they'll break Haxorus' Focus Sash. Finally, I agree with Mr. Green's advice to use Choice Scarf Gengar, replacing Victini. Choice Scarf Gengar is a great spin-blocker and it's also a good revenge-kill so I think it's fine for your team.

Anyways, nice team! Here's the sets you should use:

- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I hope I helped, good luck!
Hi, and thanks for replying to my message. Choice Scarf Gengar does work really well, and it also helps me counter Jellicent wh, because of lack of HP Ghost on Keldeo, was giving me problems. The combo of Destiny Bond + Scarf really handles things like SD Chomp locked into outrage. Lum Berry is, indeed, the superior option for Haxorous BTW. And, because of the fact I am now running Choice Banded Scizor, I don't need T-Tar's pursuit, so I can stick with SpecsTar.

Thanks, you were lots of help ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)