Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Starter RNG is just fine in 3rd and 4th Gen, if you have the ability to view your SID.
Same goes for Black and White, but not 2.

The delay just goes into EonTimer; it's not used for any calculations after you have it.

i got a question this for fourth gen so i want to make sure i don't delete this now since i downloaded my new reporter my old reporter will not open right and i was wonder does 9.96.5 support id abuse and is not bugged? i have the reporter now just asking...if it is ill just delete the old one...

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
Gen 3 question: Is there any way to stop alternate spread beside throwing away the egg and trying again as I am on my shiny frame :(
No, which is half fortunate and half unfortunate.

PROS
---------
You can hit the same frame and change from Normal to Split (or vice-versa)
More options
If trying for Split, they appear maybe 20% of the time.

CONS
---------
You hit your frame, but failed through no fault of your own.

If you were talking about actual Alternate spreads (not Split), then you can't just try again; you have to actually do stuff in-game. Just hang out in the Battle Frontier for an hour or two.

Hello, I have a simple RNG Question

I have successfully thought myself how to RNG on Black/White 1, 2 and Entralink. Not I want to move on to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I pretty much learned everything there is to know, but I'm having a problem finding shiny Stationarys with near flawless seeds and I was wondering how to expand my search.

I put 31 IV's in everything except for attack, My delays are 550 min and 3000 max (I tryed 99999 and still got nothing) and my Frames are 10 min and 10000 max. I put my ID and SID, Method K, Stationary and everything else is at any and the search ended within a point of a second. I didn't have this problem in Black and White so if anyone has some tips please let me know. Thanks!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hello, I have a simple RNG Question

I have successfully thought myself how to RNG on Black/White 1, 2 and Entralink. Not I want to move on to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. I pretty much learned everything there is to know, but I'm having a problem finding shiny Stationarys with near flawless seeds and I was wondering how to expand my search.

I put 31 IV's in everything except for attack, My delays are 550 min and 3000 max (I tryed 99999 and still got nothing) and my Frames are 10 min and 10000 max. I put my ID and SID, Method K, Stationary and everything else is at any and the search ended within a point of a second. I didn't have this problem in Black and White so if anyone has some tips please let me know. Thanks!
If you didn't RNG your ID/SID, then you most likely won't find any flawless shiny spreads. In Gen 3 and 4, PIDs for captured Pokémon are directly related to the IVs and nature, and your ID/SID determines what PIDs are shiny. So you'll have to either settle for lower IVs or restart your game with a RNG'd ID/SID.

If you didn't RNG your ID/SID, then you most likely won't find any flawless shiny spreads. In Gen 3 and 4, PIDs for captured Pokémon are directly related to the IVs and nature, and your ID/SID determines what PIDs are shiny. So you'll have to either settle for lower IVs or restart your game with a RNG'd ID/SID.
Hmm, that's unfortunate since I just reset my game after I lost my Togepi thinking I needed to show it to Professor Elm to RNG (in which I later found out you didn't). Is there anywere I can go to learn how to RNG your ID/SID? Or what numbers are best?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, that's unfortunate since I just reset my game after I lost my Togepi thinking I needed to show it to Professor Elm to RNG (in which I later found out you didn't). Is there anywere I can go to learn how to RNG your ID/SID? Or what numbers are best?
Someone on here probably has a guide for it, I can't remember which one I used to learn. As for the numbers, what you'll have to do is search in Time Finder for a spread you like, take the PID, and put it into Pandora's Box, which will tell you what ID/SID combinations will make that spread shiny. Generally you can only get one good spread per game, but sometimes you'll get a spread with two good natures.

Someone on here probably has a guide for it, I can't remember which one I used to learn. As for the numbers, what you'll have to do is search in Time Finder for a spread you like, take the PID, and put it into Pandora's Box, which will tell you what ID/SID combinations will make that spread shiny. Generally you can only get one good spread per game, but sometimes you'll get a spread with two good natures.
Ah ok, Thanks for the answer I appreciate it a lot!

Does anyone has experience with emulator abuse? We need to replicate a few events from the 3rd gen and need to now what to do. For obvious reasons there is no on-site guide, so you may discuss it with us via PM.

I have never done a D/P/P capture RNG before, but I have done many HGSS captures. I am trying to catch a Modest Shellos, and I am wondering if anyone knows the best place for it, which would be any place without roaming trainers I believe.

Also, does using the coinflip app advance the frames? What is the best way to frame advance when the game is paused?

Fishaman P

Mechanics Maniac!
I have never done a D/P/P capture RNG before, but I have done many HGSS captures. I am trying to catch a Modest Shellos, and I am wondering if anyone knows the best place for it, which would be any place without roaming trainers I believe.

Also, does using the coinflip app advance the frames? What is the best way to frame advance when the game is paused?
Don't know about best places, sorry.
You could try breeding though.

As for Coin Flipping, it only advances the IRNG (breeding RNG), so it doesn't affect wild Pokemon or legendaries.

As for advancing the frame when the game is paused, that would be the Journal. It's discussed in every RNG guide ever written for Gen 4.

Chatots that have a Chatter cry in them work as well, right? How many frames advance with a Chatot's summary?
1 frame advances every time you open the summary of a Chatot with a Recorded Chatter. It is preferred to have 2 Chatots with a Recorded Chatter so that you can advance your frames faster (I'm talking about frames above 50).

How exactly does Eon Timer work? What do I put in for each field? :O
It's self explanatory.
For the Calibrated Delay put in your Calibrated Delay, for the Calibrated Secnd, put in your Calibrated Seconds, for the Target Delay and Seconds, put in your Target Delay and Seconds.
The Delay Hit box is used when you land on a SEED that is +/-6 away from your Target Delay. Just input the Delay you hit to make adjustments to the Timer.

Just kidding, I figured it out. So at first RNG reporter told me to wait about 3 minutes for a delay of 7036, and now all of a sudden it is making me wait 14 mins. Which one is right? :O

I am trying to catch a Modest Shellos, and I am wondering if anyone knows the best place for it, which would be any place without roaming trainers I believe.
I RNGed a Blue Shellos on Route 213 and a Pink Gastrodon at the Fuego Iron works. Can't recall why I picked those 2 place (actually, the Iron Works was me trying to RNG a Magnemite and screwing up the encounter slots) but I would assume there are no NPCs there, otherwise, I would have gone somewhere else. The Vs. Seeker may be needed though, like I said, I don't really remember why I picked those 2 places, but it might help to check them out.

Just kidding, I figured it out. So at first RNG reporter told me to wait about 3 minutes for a delay of 7036, and now all of a sudden it is making me wait 14 mins. Which one is right? :O
a delay of 7036 will have a 3 minute wait time. No clue how you ended up with 14 minutes, but I assume you either read something wrong or put in one to many digits for the delay.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
a delay of 7036 will have a 3 minute wait time. No clue how you ended up with 14 minutes, but I assume you either read something wrong or put in one to many digits for the delay.
I recall 1 second = 60 frames, so 1 minute = 60 seconds = 3600 frames

And in conclusion, frame 7036 = at least 1.95 mins, not including offsets and such
3 minutes is just too much, and 14 mins??? xD

I recall 1 second = 60 frames, so 1 minute = 60 seconds = 3600 frames

And in conclusion, frame 7036 = at least 1.95 mins, not including offsets and such
3 minutes is just too much, and 14 mins??? xD
He is talking about hitting a delay for a gen 4 seed though, not gen 3/C-Gear frame advancements. Also, just put the delay into Eon Timer to see the offset. I happen to remember this delay by heart though as it was the very first gen 4 spread I abused for (Timid 31/2/31/30/31/31 HP Grass), brings back some good memories ^__^

Quick question regarding 4th gen RNG (Pearl)

I need to hit a target delay of 2791, but i keep hitting even delays. i have an emerald cart in the DS, but it is still even. is there something else i need to do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)