5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Usually you can determine the IVs and use the calibration function in order to find out in which seed you are - not that this is necessary. In most cases, the NPCs in this area just have advanced the PID frame. In that case, learn to listen to the Chatots' cries in order to determine your frame.

Remember: Wrong IVs, wrong seed; wrong nature, gender and shinyness, wrong PID frame.
Is that the case for breeding? I thought breeding IVs also depended on PID

Which should I use to keep track of seconds on my DSi or 3DS XL (either when repeatedly catching Pokémon to find my parameters or actually RNGing) - Online Stopwatch or EonTimer? It would seem like Online Stopwatch would be more comparable to having the seconds hand on the DS menu like with the DS / DS Lite, which is what I'm used to and have always done very well with, but I've seen lots of people suggest EonTimer over it.

If I were to use EonTimer when finding my parameters, though, I'd have to reset it and my DSi / 3DS XL clock every time I caught a Pokémon (since I'd be doing it multiple times), which I wouldn't have to do with Online Stopwatch.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Is that the case for breeding? I thought breeding IVs also depended on PID
No, they've never depended on PID afaik. That's why in Gen 3 and 4 any IV combination was available with any given nature.
For breeding, the IVs of the egg are first taken from frame 8 of the IV RNG. Then the PIDRNG is used to determine which will be inherited from which parent, and those are overwritten with the parent IVs.

One way to verify that you've hit your seed is, after collecting your egg, fly somewhere that has high level wild Pokemon and catch one with sweet scent. Unless you are unlucky enough to trip your step counter, its IVs would correspond to IV frame 14 of whatever seed you hit. If you tripped your step counter, they would correspond to frame 14 + (# of Pokemon in your party).

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can anyone with access to PPRNG look up a timid HP Ground Dream radar Seed for me?

My parameters are: VCount: 82; GxStat: 6; VFrame: 8; Timer0: 10F4.
Anyone?

Also, there's no real reason to use Online Stopwatch over Eon Timer. The latter is optimized for RNG abuse purposes.

No, they've never depended on PID afaik. That's why in Gen 3 and 4 any IV combination was available with any given nature.
For breeding, the IVs of the egg are first taken from frame 8 of the IV RNG. Then the PIDRNG is used to determine which will be inherited from which parent, and those are overwritten with the parent IVs.

One way to verify that you've hit your seed is, after collecting your egg, fly somewhere that has high level wild Pokemon and catch one with sweet scent. Unless you are unlucky enough to trip your step counter, its IVs would correspond to IV frame 14 of whatever seed you hit. If you tripped your step counter, they would correspond to frame 14 + (# of Pokemon in your party).
So if I had perfect parents, the IVs shouldn't be different, but the shiniess and the nature will, if I miss the PID frame?

Do you guys have any tips for hitting the PID frame while breeding? I can never consistently hit it like I was able to with wild Pokemon, so the five shinies I have gotten through this method are by luck I feel like. Is there a set number of frames the NPCs advance? I noticed that there were two Pokemon running around in the fenced area of the breeding center, does that affect anything? Cuz they usually are able to take a few steps a) before I press x after continuing the game and b) after I'm done with Chatots and need to talk to the daycare man.

Is breeding for shinies supposed to be more tedious? About four hours in I only have a shiny Magikarp, Larvitar, Gible, and Axew. I can't get a shiny Beldum for the life of me. There's no special rule for genderless Pokemon is there?

So if I had perfect parents, the IVs shouldn't be different, but the shiniess and the nature will, if I miss the PID frame?
The IVs will still vary based on the inheritance of the parents for that PID frame. different PID frames have different inheritance and so there is slight variation in possible IVs. If you hit your seed though, you will have at least 3 flawless IVs, but usually you will end up with 4 or 5 flawless IVs.

Do you guys have any tips for hitting the PID frame while breeding? I can never consistently hit it like I was able to with wild Pokemon, so the five shinies I have gotten through this method are by luck I feel like. Is there a set number of frames the NPCs advance? I noticed that there were two Pokemon running around in the fenced area of the breeding center, does that affect anything? Cuz they usually are able to take a few steps a) before I press x after continuing the game and b) after I'm done with Chatots and need to talk to the daycare man.
Be fast, be consistent, and listen to the pitches. That's all there is to it really. Eggs are like wondercards in that you are just manipulating the PIDRNG so all you are doing is flipping birds around, nothing fancy. The only possible issues that can arise when RNGing eggs is 1) wrong Timer0 and 2) that one school teacher with a PhD in trolling. As long as you are fast enough though, she won't move and everything should go fine. As for how many frames she may advance, that varies, but for me it is a solid 2 each and every time. This can easily be handled with pitches though as you will see if she moved or not and what your SSF is. Also, the 2 pokemon don't affect the PIDRNg, so ignore them.

Is breeding for shinies supposed to be more tedious? About four hours in I only have a shiny Magikarp, Larvitar, Gible, and Axew. I can't get a shiny Beldum for the life of me. There's no special rule for genderless Pokemon is there?
Well, seed searching takes longer, but other than that, no. the first thing I ever RNGed was a shiny flawless egg, so if someone can learn RNG by breeding, it can't be too difficult. As for specil cases dealing with genderless pokemon, Ditto is always considered the female parent for the IVs. that's about all that is different.

You could just be having a horrible day with that teacher. Try listening to the pitches as you advance and adjust accordingly if need be. With enough persistence you will get it eventually.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Do you understand how to do Dream Radar RNG abuse RockinX?
I've seen your tutorial video, hehe. I backed up my White 2's save file in case I screw up, but I doubt I need to redo the parameter calibration process with Unova Link since I already determined my White 2's by catching a pokémon a while ago. It was only after I looked up how to RNG DR pokés that I learned that you could determine your parameters using Unova Link.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've seen your tutorial video, hehe. I backed up my White 2's save file in case I screw up, but I doubt I need to redo the parameter calibration process with Unova Link since I already determined my White 2's by catching a pokémon a while ago. It was only after I looked up how to RNG DR pokés that I learned that you could determine your parameters using Unova Link.
Then I can assists, but it would probably be best to do this via chat, like at #smogonwifi.

The IVs will still vary based on the inheritance of the parents for that PID frame. different PID frames have different inheritance and so there is slight variation in possible IVs. If you hit your seed though, you will have at least 3 flawless IVs, but usually you will end up with 4 or 5 flawless IVs.

Be fast, be consistent, and listen to the pitches. That's all there is to it really. Eggs are like wondercards in that you are just manipulating the PIDRNG so all you are doing is flipping birds around, nothing fancy. The only possible issues that can arise when RNGing eggs is 1) wrong Timer0 and 2) that one school teacher with a PhD in trolling. As long as you are fast enough though, she won't move and everything should go fine. As for how many frames she may advance, that varies, but for me it is a solid 2 each and every time. This can easily be handled with pitches though as you will see if she moved or not and what your SSF is. Also, the 2 pokemon don't affect the PIDRNg, so ignore them.

Well, seed searching takes longer, but other than that, no. the first thing I ever RNGed was a shiny flawless egg, so if someone can learn RNG by breeding, it can't be too difficult. As for specil cases dealing with genderless pokemon, Ditto is always considered the female parent for the IVs. that's about all that is different.

You could just be having a horrible day with that teacher. Try listening to the pitches as you advance and adjust accordingly if need be. With enough persistence you will get it eventually.
Another member suggested that I record "Aaah" for Chatter. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should record? I can sorta distinguish between Low and High but it's the "mid" and "mid-low" / "mid-high" that really confuse me, as I have no idea how to distinguish those from "low" and "high"

I even use headphones to make this easier but it's just not consistent :/

Another member suggested that I record "Aaah" for Chatter. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should record? I can sorta distinguish between Low and High but it's the "mid" and "mid-low" / "mid-high" that really confuse me, as I have no idea how to distinguish those from "low" and "high"

I even use headphones to make this easier but it's just not consistent :/
440 Hz sound from your computer.

EonTimer is most likely much more accurate than the Online Stopwatch.
Also, there's no real reason to use Online Stopwatch over Eon Timer. The latter is optimized for RNG abuse purposes.
Thanks. So EonTimer is preferred over Online Stopwatch (or synchronizing with a PC clock) for all DSi/DSi XL/3DS/3DS XL RNG projects in both B/W and B2/W2, including standard seed abuse and ID/SID abuse, correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)