Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Is there a rule against doing 2 Scrambles at once? I'm still working on my Yellow scramble (I know, it's been forever since I've updated; it seems like I've been level grinding forever), but I might be interested in doing a Ruby scramble and uploading it to YouTube. However, if I can't do 2 at once, then obviously that's a no go until I finish the Yellow scramble.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Relacunched, take a Tympole and name it SHUT UP!!!
SHUT UP!!! is incredibly noisy, and unfortunately - for you at least - it loves to sing! Now, SHUT UP!!! thinks it is you know, the best singer in the world and all that, so it wants for everything to hear it's lovely singing! You must always use round on the first turn he is in battle, as well as on at least 2 of each and every gym leader's pokemon at some point. If he fails to do this (you can use revives) then you must restart the gym fight, since SHUT UP!!! doesn't realize that 1) his singing is atrocious and 2) not everyone likes the song 'the tympole of love'. Anyway, when you get to Nimbasa city you mus- OMG OMG OMG!!!! THERE IS A MUSICAL HERE OH MY GAWSH!!! Anyway, if you didn't figure out already, this restriction will have something to do with the musical. You must participate AND WIN (you win if the director dude talks to you last when he give back feedback) 3 times in order for SHUT UP!!!'s singing talent to improve. Now, I suppose it is optional... but you can only upgrade round to echoed voice if you do, since the adrenalin of being on the stage improved his talent singing to (almost) bearable! Anyway, the restrictions for round still count with echoed voice... except on Elesa. I'm nice, so you don't have to use round/echoed voice on any of her pokemon! Now, as you may or may not know, Bianca loves to sing too! Unfortunately though - for SHUT UP!!! at least - Bianca actually sings beautifully! This gives SHUT UP!!! a high amount of jealousy towards her. SHUT UP!!!, thinking that Bianca probably does sing better than it, wants to showcase it's talent to Bianca, to prove that it is at least a close second. So SHUT UP!!! must solo one of her pokemon every battle after you get it, using only round/echo'ed voice! You must also use it at least once on her water type (if she gets one, it can be either oshawott line or the panpour line) since it turns out they are tiny tym (pole's) biggest fans, and love the songs that SHUT UP!!! sings, even though he sings the songs horribly!

Enjoy the challange! :)

@PSDuckie

No you can have as many challenges running simultaneously as you want. I wouldn't really recommend it though as in my experience it's led to nothing but stress and challenges getting neglected.

@PSDuckie

No you can have as many challenges running simultaneously as you want. I wouldn't really recommend it though as in my experience it's led to nothing but stress and challenges getting neglected.
I still want to do the Ruby Scramble, though.

Rules:

• Legendaries are OK!
  • No trading.
  • This challange will run through the Champion.
  • Be creative!

Pokemon:

Scarecrow the Cacnea (picked by Naix)
Mainstream the Surskit (picked by inanimate blob)
Wall the Koffing (picked by Jimera0)
OmNom the Mudkip (picked by Manitary)
Copycat the Poochyena (picked by Yarnus of Bethany)
Activate the Castform (picked by Quark)

PSDuckie, take Scarecrow the Cacnea. Scarecrow, as its name implies, believes it's a living scarecrow. Because of this, it feels its main duty is to scare off any birds it sees (in other words, if it's face to face with a Flying-type Pokemon in a battle, it must solo said Flying-type). When Scarecrow finds out about Fortree's Gym utilizing purely Flying-type Pokemon, it sees the Gym as a farm under attack and decides to clear out (read: solo) at least 5 of the Flying-types in that Gym. It must also solo every (trainer-owned) Flying-type in Victory Road as well as Drake's Altaria.

Have fun!

Alright, PSDuckie, here goes your second Scramble.

Take Mainstream the Surskit. Mainstream has always been disappointed by Game Freak for squishing any possible chance for it and its evolution to have a chance competitively. As such, it wants to have the chance to receive challanges similar to other, non-weak Pokèmon.

Mainstream only has access to the STAB moves it can get within both evolutions (so you can only use Bug, Water, and Flying moves). Mainstream must solo a gym to evolve, and must solo am Elite Four member.

@PSDuckie

Take a Koffing and name it Wall. This Koffing believes that it and its evolution are the best physical walls EVER. As such, it can only have one direct attacking move. In order to prove it's wallness, have it solo any Gym leader which specializes in a pysical type, and any Elite 4 member that specializes in a physical type.

Good luck!

PSDuckie, at the beginning of your adventure you will be given OmNom the male Mudkip. OmNom is small and cute but whises to become big and strong, a real boss of the swamp! He's just too little and needs to grow, he must fight and eat to make his whis come true. So as a Mudkip he must keep a berry, and every time you find a new berry he wants to taste it (different foods give different nutrients, he must follow a variet diet), also he needs to take all the vitamins you find if they have some effect on him. Remember that he's still young and frail so he must switch out whenever the opponent weights more than 45lbs. Sooner or later he will learns the skill of Taking Down his opponents with his strength: after learning Take Down and soloing Wattson (not necessarily in that order) he can grow and evolve to Marshtomp. Remember that he's just a little Mudkip now, and must switch out every time the enemy weights 50lbs or more.
Now he's quite strong but still not enough. He still keeps eating all the berries he can, and wants to know at least 3 physical moves: one is Take Down and one must be Strength as you get it. Now he only fears enemy weighting more than 150lbs, but he must solo any trained pokémon between 100 and 150lbs, or he will never be able to defeat stronger opponents! In order to evolve again he must be brave and able to get over this limitation: he will need to solo Norman scoring the KO on both Slakings with Take Down, and score both KO on Tate and Liza's Solrock and Lunatone without using Water-type moves.
He finally becomes a great Swampert! He must learn Earthquake (from level up if possible, or by TM), and now he doesn't need berries anymore: rename him BOSS asap (the weight restriction is also gone). Unfortunately, he realizes that nobody can teach him Double-Edge...so replace Take Down with Frustration. He will also solo all Water-type pokémon of E4 and Steven's Skarmory to soothe his disappointment.

(here's a list to see pokémon's weight, if you find boring the weight restriction I can change or lift it)

I'm hoping to start off my scramble career doing a scramblocke of white version. As such, I would appriciate challange ideas. For now, I'll be taking challanges for Pokemon in areas leading up to Striaton Gym. No trade/event access. One suggestion per section per user. Easy-medium difficulty. No more than 1 Pokemon of each species.

Nuvema Town: inanimate blob's Tepig (Bacon)- 1 fire move as Tepig; no fire moves afterwords (Status: alive, well, and awesome)
Route 1: Phoenix512's Patrat (Megane)- Leer as first attack every battle, then Sand Attack; evolves when 1 gym leader's/rival's Pokemon have been blinded; must have an eye based move; must hold Lens item (Status: Will attempt to blind Cheren's Purrloin on R3)
Route 2: Treadshot A1's Purrloin (Foeline)- Throw away 1 item per attack; must level up 10 times; no exp share; must attack before switching out (Status: Dead. I swear it was an accident)
Outer Dreamyard: Pika25's Pansage (Sprout)- No grass moves on fire, bug, or flying types; Evolves after learning Acrobatics (Status: Not bad.)
Just working my way through endless tutorials. Jeez, the path to the Trio Badge sucks. Anyway, only thing worth noting is that Foeline is dead. As it bravely attempted to scratch Bianca's Lillipup for minimal damage, it ate a CH Tackle. Meh. It's not like Senor Fluf will be missed anyway. Luckily, Cress's Lillipup did nothing but use Bite, making it an easy fight.

Current team
Bacon
Megane
Sprout

Boxed

Dead
Foeline

Now taking pokemon for the following locations:

Inner Dreamyard: IsTheCakeReallyaLie's Munna (Luna)- Evolves after learning Psychic; No Eviolite; Must solo Bianca once or her Munna thrice
Route 3: PSDuckie's Lillipup (Wicket)- Varies, will edit as soon as ability is confirmed
Wellspring Cave: Must hold amulet coin; Only Psychic moves: Confusion, Amnesia, Future Sight (necessary, must use on 1 major opponent per badge it's around for)
Outer Pinwheel Forest: Reserved for Espeon65

@PSDuckie

Take a Koffing and name it Wall. This Koffing believes that it and its evolution are the best physical walls EVER. As such, it can only have one direct attacking move. In order to prove it's wallness, have it solo any Gym leader which specializes in a pysical type, and any gymleader that specializes in a physical type.

Good luck!
I have a question about your restriction. Do you mean that I have to solo 2 physical-type Gym leaders?

I have a question about your restriction. Do you mean that I have to solo 2 physical-type Gym leaders?
No that second sentence was supposed to say "elite 4 member" not "gymleader" again. Herp derp.

@CabooseFTW take Joel the Woobat.

Joel isn't the brightest bat around, but he is good with economics! He can't use any Psychic moves other than Confusion and Amnesia due to his dullness, and must hold an Amulet coin ASAP. Joel does have an uncanny knack for foreseeing future trends though, so have him learn Future Sight ASAP. Once learned, Future Sight must be used against at least one major opponent (rival, Gym Leader, N, etc.) per a badge, so make sure you keep him around!

I hope that you actually KNOW some stuff about the real Joel other than having his character as your name, because if you do you'll get a lot more out of this than you would otherwise!

CabooseFTW take a Drilbur from Wellspring Cave named I'mSpecial. As you can guess by the name, this Drilbur is going to be all special ASAP. However, I'll allow you to keep physical moves equal to how many of Lenora's Pokemon you solo. However, after Lenora's gym you are no longer able to use physical attacks unless you soloed at least one of her Pokemon. The physical moves MAY BE REPLACED WITH OTHER PHYSICAL MOVES. You can evolve whenever, but you have to solo Marshall and may never learn Earthquake, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, or Return and Frustrtation. If you feel really daring (HINT: Optional Restriction) solo Ghetsis. Have Fun!

CabooseFTW, take a Lillipup from Route 3.

The restrictions are based on his ability.

If his ability is Pick-Up:
  • He may NEVER be given an item (either to hold or to use). If he picks up an item, it must immediately be put in inventory.
  • Pick up 5 items to evolve to Herdier.
  • Solo 15 Pokemon as Herdier to evolve to Stoutland.

If his ability is Vital Spirit:
  • He must learn 4 Physical attack moves ASAP.
  • Upon learning said 4 Physical attack moves, he may not learn any special or status moves.
  • He may not go below 1/2 his maximum PP on any move.
  • He may not be given any PP restoring or stat boosting items.

If his ability is Pick-Up:
  • He may NEVER be given an item (either to hold or to use). If he picks up an item, it must immediately be put in inventory.
  • Pick up 5 items to evolve to Herdier.
  • Pick up 15 items to evolve to Stoutland.
The problem is that Herdier can have Intimidate/Sand Rush and not Pick Up, do you mean that he can't evolve to Stoutland if he picked up less than 15 items as a Lillipup or that was just an error?

CabooseFTW, take a Tympole from Outer Pinwheel Forest. Pick 2 of these four restrictions, and then look in the hide tab.

1. He can only use STAB.
2. He can never evolve.
3. He can never use STAB.
4. He must always be in front of your party and at least beat the first pokemon of your opponent before switching out.

Your true challange is that the two you didn't pick are the ones that apply!! Hehehehe! (shamelessly stolen from someone else on this thread from like a week ago)

GL:HF!

PSDuckie, take Copycat the ___. (whatever species you want)
It likes copying other mons, so choose any 2 restrictions from your other mons.
Solo all mons with any types in common with the mons whose reductions you copied.
Solo one major battle using only moves that your other kind know.

Chapter 4 has the capture of the fifth Scramblemon and up to entering Azalea Town. I been slacking on the Scramble but not because of being too hard though.

I took a little side trip to the Ruins of Alph and managed to solve a puzzle which the so-called archaeologists failed to solve. They roped me in into their research with the Unown. What’s with everyone using me as their personal bitch errand boy. I tried to leave Violet City via Route 32 but the guy stopped me and told me to pick up the egg from Elm’s assistant. I ended up taking the egg but immediately transfer it to storage. I’m not babysitting some egg. I’m a Pokemon trainer not egg babysitter.

Depressed was very jumpy as it noticed my TM/HM bag and look like it wanted to learn the moves from them. It only accepted Roost and Rock Smash. For it not being a Flying Pokemon, it learning Roost was very odd. Regardless, I was finally able to leave Violet City.

After facing various trainers on Route 32 with Depressed, I met a fisherman at the Pokemon Center on the Route who gave me his Old Rod. I found a spot to do some fishing and wondering why middle aged men love fishing so much as it was boring. Eventually I got a bite and pulled up a Magikarp. Hearing the legends of Magikarp and being able to evolve into the mighty Gyarados, I decided to catch one. It was a female and was acting stubborn, so I named it Stubborn. Being able to train it was another problem since it only knows Splash. So I had to constantly switching it in in my battles with the fishermen and the birdkeeper on the route.

In order to keep going, I had to enter Union Cave and encountered a bunch of fire-breathing weirdos, hikers, and one guy in a monster costume. I found another TM which had Rock Tomb on it which Depressed look very antsy about it. I taught it Rock Tomb and appeared to be happy but still rather depressed. After getting out of Union Cave, I made my way to Azalea Town which I saw a guy in black bullying an old man. The guy in black mentioned that he was from Team Rocket but I thought that group was disabled years ago by the legendary Batman. For some reason the grunt was guarding a well called the Slowpoke Well and reading the sign mentions how a Slowpoke ended a 400 year drought with a Yawn. That’s some crazy legend. I entered Azalea Town and healed up at the Pokemon Center.

Quote the Level 13 Gentle Male Cyndaquil - Jiimera0
Current BP Limit: 90 (+0 from doing nothing)

Opinion: Quote saw no action at all due to grinding Depressed and level restrictions of Batman and Joey.

Current Moves:
Quick Attack (40 BP)
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember (60 BP)

Joey the Level 15 Rash Male Rattatta - Recec
Ability: Guts
Rattattas solo: 19/20

Opinion: Joey gained a level to further distance himself from the rest of the party. Did not do much either.

Current Moves:
Rock Smash
Bite
Quick Attack
Pursuit

Batman the Level 13 Mild Male Zubat - Present
Ability: Inner Focus

Opinion: It had some battles in hopes to pull away from Quote and take second place in the party's level tier.

Current Moves:
Leech Life
Supersonic (unusable)
Astonish
Bite

Depressed the Level 12 Male Lax Dunsparce - inanimate_blob
Ability: Serene Grace

Opinion: Depressed was the main battler in this chapter as it needed to catch up to the rest of the party. It learned Roost, Rock Smash, and Rock Tomb to fulfill the requirement of having all moves being a different type. With Serene Grace, Rock Smash auto lowers the defense of the target. Roost is very useful to recover HP and avoid Batman needing to jump into battle when its HP get to the red. Funny all my moves start with the letter R.

Current Moves:
Rage
Rock Tomb
Roost
Rock Smash

Stubborn the Level 12 Brave Female Magikarp - King Serperior
Ability: Swift Swim

Opinion: It's a Magikarp. It should say a lot. With no Exp Share, I have to currently use it to start the battle and then switch it with another Pokemon. Just 3 more levels before it can learn Tackle.

Current Moves:
Splash

Next up will be facing Team Rocket for the first time and Batman will get a chance to remove part of his limitations. Deciding how to tackle the Azalea Gym since few of the Scramblemons can fulfill one of their restrictions at this Gym.

Congrats to everyone who won Scramble Awards. I learnt of some very creative challenges due to this, and I hope they inspire me to be more creative with my own challenges.

4th part, this took forever to do, because the real world just kept getting in the way. How I loathe the real world. That and it's kind of a long part of the game anyway.

OP

After having defeated Wattson, I quickly ran and caught a Gulpin to teach Rock Smash. (I figured because STRONG would get it anyway, I'd really just be screwing myself putting it on someone else.) So we got to Fiery Path, where I immediately ran into a Torkoal, but Random killed it by getting 5 consecutive hits with Arm Thrust, and criting the last one to ensure the kill... it was 10 minutes before another Torkoal showed up.

This one I did manage to catch, and so Booster joined the team. Can you guess what its nature is? Why don't we all sing along? IT WAS QUIET! Why? How? What even? Although, Quiet is a pretty good nature for Torkoal, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But it does make me suspicious of that first Torkoal that I didn't catch.

At this point I remembered STRONG was coming up, at that STRONG was always going to have to lead, making training a pain, so I grinded Booster up, to be on the same level as the rest of the team, before heading off to route 113 (I think it is). Where I promptly caught a SPINDA and named her STRONG. This Spinda has one massive dot in the middle of its forehead, sort of like there's a huge laser scope pointed at it, no doubt a sign of how much it will be killed, for not being Quiet natured. That's right, she's Mild natured... because, you know, Quiet and Mild are two completely different things.

I quickly taught STRONG Rock Smash and Strength. Then I learnt Rock Smash, is weaker in gen 3 than in 4 or 5. And I finally taught Random Metronome, so now the fun can begin!

One instance of the fun was, when Random and Boombox found themselves in a double battle. Random used Metronome, and got Grasswhistle, putting the foe to sleep, then Boombox, used Uproar and woke it up again. Fun. *twitches eye*

Yadda yadda yadda, plot, STRONG absolutely destroyed Magma Admin Tabitha, and was then immediately destroyed by Maxie, so I can't decide if she sucks or not.

We then arrived in Lavaridge Town. Where although both RNG and Random would have appreciated being able to solo Flannery, I decided, that STRONG's 'must always lead' restriction was too annoying so I had to remove that ASAP.

So she cleared out the entire gym, mostly by himself, there was like, one double battle, so she begrudgingly accepted help. Then came Flannery. Three words; 'Sunny', 'Day' and 'Overheat'. Now, if you read the very first post on this thread by IAR, there's an FAQ at the bottom, that says something along the lines of 'if the solo is too hard, you can use cannon fodder'. It's not that exactly, but you get the idea.

So considering that Camerupt and Torkoal could OHKO STRONG with Overheat, without the sun up. I foddered off some guys to lower their Sp. Atk. Don't get me wrong, it was still a very hard fight, especially when I herp derped real bad and used Rock Smash 15 times against that Torkoal, and only then remembered White Smoke was going to stop it's defense from dropping. (Ironically, Booster's challenge is all about not being able to lower stats, so I really have no excuse for forgetting.) But after like, 5 Super Potions, and getting paralyzed 3 times off of Body Slam, I did it, I win. It's over.

RNG/Marshtomp (M) @Quick Claw
Lv.25
Nature: Quiet
Foresight
Growl
Mud Sport
Water Gun
2/3 gym leaders solo'd.

RNG did literally nothing this part. So uh, LVP, I guess.

Gorgeous/Kirlia (M)
Lv. 26
Psychic
Confusion
Double Team
Calm Mind

Psychic and Confusion because of low PP. I haven't tried out Psychic yet, but I assume Gorgeous is going to be the hardest hitter now. Especially with that Sp. Atk boosting nature.

Boombox/Loudred (F) @ Silk Scarf
Lv. 25
Pound
Uproar
Supersonic
Howl
23/50 moves used.

Engh. Okay I guess. To be fair most of my efforts in this segment were spent on Booster and STRONG so he hasn't gotten to do much. A lot like RNG.

Random/Makuhita (F) @ Everstone
Lv.25
Metronome
Vital Throw
Whirlwind
Arm Thrust
Metronome has resulted in: Metal Claw, Shock Wave, Bite (on an Aron), Gasswhistle (just before an Uproar) and Ice Beam (on a Slugma).

I would have liked to have had Random solo Flannery so he could evolve, but I guess that'll have to wait for DAD NORMAN. And I feel metronome is messing with me. She still hits pretty hard though.

Booster/Torkoal (M)
Lv.26
Ember
Body Slam
Curse
Fire Spin

I love this guy, boosting his base 140 defense for every battle rocks. And the +1 Body Slams are pretty fun too. I'm considering keeping Curse as the boosting move over Iron Defense or Amnesia, just because that attack boost is great.

STRONG/Spinda (F)
Lv. 30
Nature: Mild :D
Rock Smash
Psybeam
Hypnosis
Strength

MVP because, she was forced to be. Sleep inducing move is pretty nice too. Even if 60 accuracy is a little shaky. Strength is fairly reliable STAB too, although I was a little dissapointed about it making Dizzy Punch redundant.

In the next part, I guess I'll go after DAD NORMAN. And once again, congratulations to all the award winners. Here's to another 300 pages.

PSDuckie, take Copycat the ___. (whatever species you want)
It likes copying other mons, so choose any 2 restrictions from your other mons.
Solo all mons with any types in common with the mons whose reductions you copied.
Solo one major battle using only moves that your other kind know.
Question:
I picked a Poochyena for Copycat's species and chose "STAB moves only" (from Mainstream) and "must solo a gym to evolve" (also from Mainstream) as the copied restrictions. Then I looked at the hidden restrictions and realized they conflict with OmNom's restrictions, as Copycat would have to solo all Bug and Water types, but OmNom would have to solo all the Water-types in the Elite Four. Do I have to toss the Poochyena idea and find a new one, or does OmNom's restriction take priority?

Espeon65, the only issue is that I'm looking for easy-medium range stuff. I guess I should have been more clear, but I would appreciate it if all of my Pokes were able to evolve. I'll let you be the one to come up with a new challange.

@Recec, I have to say I am loving your updates. They're fairly short but despite that manage to pack in all the relevant information without seeming crowded, and you weave humour pretty expertly into your descriptions of what's going on. I actually decided to put you on my Scramble awards nominations dump post since I was enjoying them so much. Keep it up!

Oh, though you might want to stop using "presently", since the way you're using it is, quite frankly, completely wrong. Your updates are in the past tense, so saying that something is happening "presently" makes no sense. Just a little writing tip, I want to keep seeing you get better at it since you're doing so damn good otherwise.

Also, the link for your 3rd update on your base post for your scramble is broken. Had to use the search function to find it instead :(.

@Caboose I really am curious to know if you know what I'm getting at with the challenge I gave you :P. I really hope I'm not wrong about what your username is based off of XD.

@PSduckie
take Activate the Castform from the weather institute.
Activate has one thing that he loves to do, and that is activate, and he refuses to fight in battle unless his ability has activated, through auto-weather or through a weather move of his own. After activation, Activate may fight however he pleases but he must switch in if weather is up, because he is always very eager to become activated.
Whenever Activate loses a fight, he becomes very depressed, so in order to cheer him up, you must give him some items (throw them away). The amount thrown away must be equal in number to Activate's level divided by two (round up). After these items are thrown away, Activate becomes revived and may fight again.

Also, Activate really wants to activate those brain cells (he is trying really hard to get his degree in meteorology at night school), so he must solo Tate and Liza's gym, and when facing the leaders, his partner may not attack. Also have Activate solo one on one all psychic types on victory road.

After beating Wally's Gardevoir, Activate has activated his degree and graduated, and now feels he must should show off by soloing one of Steven's psychic types and one pokemon from each of the elite four. (You may skip a member of the elite four if another pokemon must solo it, but Activate must solo at least four pokemon in elite four plus one of Steven's.)

@PSduckie
take Activate the Castform from the weather institute.
Activate has one thing that he loves to do, and that is activate, and he refuses to fight in battle unless his ability has activated, through auto-weather or through a weather move of his own. After activation, Activate may fight however he pleases but he must switch in if weather is up, because he is always very eager to become activated.
Whenever Activate loses a fight, he becomes very depressed, so in order to cheer him up, you must give him some items (throw them away). The amount thrown away must be equal in number to Activate's level divided by two (round up). After these items are thrown away, Activate becomes revived and may fight again.

Also, Activate really wants to activate those brain cells (he is trying really hard to get his degree in meteorology at night school), so he must solo Tate and Liza's gym, and when facing the leaders, his partner may not attack. Also have Activate solo one on one all psychic types on victory road.

After beating Wally's Gardevoir, Activate has activated his degree and graduated, and now feels he must should show off by soloing one of Steven's psychic types and one pokemon from each of the elite four. (You may skip a member of the elite four if another pokemon must solo it, but Activate must solo at least four pokemon in elite four plus one of Steven's.)
Question:
By "not attack" do you mean "not use a damaging move" or "not use any move at all"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)