Archee's Artworks

Good day. Just wanna share my artworks, mostly hand drawn sketches and Architectural Drawings [because I'm an Architect]; Although only in Smeargle Studios that I was inspired to learn to use Photoshop and Illustrator. So here are my drawings.

Thanks to the following persons and their amazing Tutorials on Professor Smeargle, that helped me enjoy Digital - Visual Arts at its finest; Shinxe, Nasty Jungle, Icepick, Volmise and Chou Toshiou

This is my best work so far:

This was actually my submission for the MAC contest "Heroism" although it didn't reach the deadline. Haha.

CONCEPT:
Was inspired by Final Fantasy 4 heroes of light.
Gallade = Swordsman
Lucario = Warrior
Mismagious = Black Mage
Gardevoir = White Mage
Spoink = Random flying Pig. {Moogle}

This is another one of my work submitted for the MAC themed "Minimalism"

Title: "WHEN SPOINKS FLY"

Concept:
My concept was to express deep humor using a simple story using Spoink as a subject. The simplicity of the lines and colors complements well with the light humor and negative space creates a background for seemingly slow movement made by the flying Spoink.

As you can see, I've recycled my Flying Spoink.

Below are some of my sketches that will be digitalized in the future.

Rabeerie Sketch

Spectare Sketch

Jesterogue Sketch

I'll Digitalize and Finalize them later on. I still need to learn how to fully use the Photoshop first

Hello there, and welcome to smeargle's studio!

I've merged your posts into the OP and put them in hide tags-- please feel free to edit that post further as you please.

From now on, though, you are welcome to post new pieces of artwork in separate posts!

Name: SPECTARE
Type: GHOST/NORMAL

Evolution: Evolves from RABEERIE
Name Origin: Combination of Specter and Hare

-----------------------------------------------------------
This was my first shot at Photoshop. Haha.
That looks like a cool way to make a Ghost/Normal-typed Pokemon, and is certainly a very original concept!!

Thanks, wait till you see its Pre Evolution Rabeerie so you could understand the full story how a normal type became a ghost type. Haha

A more polished version of Spectare...

Name: SPECTARE
Type: GHOST/NORMAL

Evolution: Evolves from RABEERIE [Lvl 36 holding Reaper Cloth]
Name Origin: Combination of Specter and Hare

Dex Entry:
Spectare: The Specter pokemon, scares and frightens trainers for amusement. It uses mind tricks to confuse its enemies and bombards them with its Physical attacks at their weakest moment.

I'm getting the hang of this >_<

This is fun.

I'm kinda new here, haha. Add me up.

I'll gladly take request guys, so I can sharpen my skills.

hey, these are cool pieces that you've put up so far. :)

the effort in putting in details is actually remarkable, and what you're getting from it are pretty good results. i like that heroism piece because it shows that you're really experimenting with a lot of different things.

i also appreciate how you're open to advice (or at least i'm assuming so since you want to improve), so i'll just add in a few opinions of my own. i think you should be a little careful about shading and light sources. for this, don't feel like its necessary to shade with blacks/grays just because it's being applied on something white. if a lot of the dark colors and shadows in the piece are prominently purple, why not try to do something along those lines for shading subjects too? meanwhile, the brushes and blurred effects you're using around the mismagius and gardevoir are basically new light sources that you're establishing. make sure areas around those are highlighted accordingly to show that there's actually some lighting. some of the light glowing around mismagius should be imparted on the back of the lucario, for example.

these are just little nitpicks though; i still think that piece is solid overall, so good work. hoping to see you post more art. :)

For a request how about a pair of Latios flying side by side in a clear nights sky. I wish I could offer some help but I never use photoshop and I am not even a good artist. Keep up the good work is all I can say!

Thank you. Haha. I'll do that right away. >_<

hey, these are cool pieces that you've put up so far. :)

the effort in putting in details is actually remarkable, and what you're getting from it are pretty good results. i like that heroism piece because it shows that you're really experimenting with a lot of different things.

i also appreciate how you're open to advice (or at least i'm assuming so since you want to improve), so i'll just add in a few opinions of my own. i think you should be a little careful about shading and light sources. for this, don't feel like its necessary to shade with blacks/grays just because it's being applied on something white. if a lot of the dark colors and shadows in the piece are prominently purple, why not try to do something along those lines for shading subjects too? meanwhile, the brushes and blurred effects you're using around the mismagius and gardevoir are basically new light sources that you're establishing. make sure areas around those are highlighted accordingly to show that there's actually some lighting. some of the light glowing around mismagius should be imparted on the back of the lucario, for example.

these are just little nitpicks though; i still think that piece is solid overall, so good work. hoping to see you post more art. :)
>_< .... Thank you for the advice. Yeah I tend to have problems with shading. In paper, I can easily do shades and shadows but when in Photoshop, it gets messy. Haha . I tried to Overlay a layer for Gallade's shades and shadow but the shadows weren't appearing on the white colors so i just brushed a gray area. LOL. I was reading the How to Glaze Tutorial by Shinxe and i was so excited to try to play with the light.

I really need to work on my layers. I only had like 8 layers for this drawing and my friend said it should be around 20 with the colors and shades I am using. Oh well, practice, practice.

if a lot of the dark colors and shadows in the piece are prominently purple, why not try to do something along those lines for shading subjects too?)
X_x .. I've never tried that. I always tend to shade with gray or black.

>_< .. I'll do that on my next piece.

My other Pokemon-unrelated artworks.

Vivi Ornitier - Final Fantasy 9

Yuna - Final Fantasy 10

Random stuff

Anime Spin-off

P.S. Sorry Zracknel. I'm never gonna do it again. u_u

Forgive my immaturity. Pokemon is where I let myself go and be a kid again.

I REALLY like Vivi in that pic. The eyes look like they're glowing in that pic and that's with pencil and paper! And the anime spinoff is adorable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)