Huge Power / Pure Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This thread will be moderated to keep discussion focused.

Huge Power / Pure Power

Huge Power & Pure Power are minor abilities that are in a need of a minor fixing. Here are the abilities as they stand:
[BOX]Huge Power:

Type: Innate

This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by one Rank.

Pokemon with this ability: Marill, Azumarill, Azurill.[/BOX]
[BOX]Pure Power:

This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by one Rank.

Pokemon with this ability: Meditite, Medicham[/BOX]

The issue with these abilities lies in the fact that they raise the BRT of the Pokémon, even if they did not select it in a One Ability match, or it is a No Ability match. Here is the proposed changes to the ability to ensure that Medicham & Azumarill are not handicapped with extra BRT in such cases.
[BOX]Huge Power:

This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack and its Base Rank Total by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack and Base Rank Total is only raised by one Rank.

Pokemon with this ability: Marill, Azumarill, Azurill.[/BOX]
[BOX]Pure Power:

This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack and its Base Rank Total by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack and Base Rank Total is only raised by one Rank.

Pokemon with this ability: Meditite, Medicham[/BOX]
The idea is to stop this handicap, & give Azumarill & Medicham a reason to use a different ability in a One Ability match, i.e. R5 Defence & Sp. Defence with a Rare Candy on.

I seriously doubt there will be many objections to this, nor will there be much to discuss. So the discussion should focus on:

• Are the proposed changes to Huge Power & Pure Power fair / a good idea?
  • Are there any other things about Huge Power & Pure Power that we should fix while we are at it?
Okay, so here is to what should be a short & sweet issue that should be resolved quickly!

Cheers!
Its_A_Random

Frosty

=_=
I agree with Objection here. It makes a lot more sense that way.

Also, there isn't much else I would want to change with these abilities.

not much discussing, yeah, but I don't think there is much to discuss. Just put this in the voting booth IMO.

More of a question really, why is it that BST is calculated before stat changes provoqued by nature?
Well, for natures that don't affect speed, you're adding +1 to one rank and -1 to another rank. When it comes to adding things up, that +1 and -1 cancel each other out, meaning it doesn't matter whether you sum before or after the nature change.

As for speed-adjusting natures, given that the current way they affect the speed stat has been in effect for ages, I think it's fair to say that their speed adjustment is equivalent to a rank adjustment, regardless of whether the new speed being converted into a rank would produce the same result or a different one, and having to work out which one it is is complexity that provides literally no benefit (not even superior accuracy given that ASB's speed tiers do not strictly line up with the rank system). So, in that regard, using the pre-nature-change BRT is better.

I suppose you could ask questions about other things that affect ranks (and only ranks, not the HP or speed stat) such as other abilities and items, but that's another issue for another day.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Yeah, there is no point in keeping this open when everyone agrees to it.

Council Members will be voting on one thing: Should we adopt the proposed changes to Huge Power & Pure Power or not? Adopt the proposed Huge Power & Pure Power / Retain the current Huge Power & Pure Power

See you in the vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)