Crobat @ Life Orb
Trait: Infiltrator
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Brave Bird
Cross Poison
U-Turn
Roost

As you have probably guessed, Brave Bird is the main STAB move, coming in at a whopping base 120 power, which will deal heavy damage to a lot of the UU tier and many more in those below. Its typing allows it to safely go against Ground-types at a first glance, but many have Rock-type moves, so in that respect, and for any other threats that decide to come its way, U-Turn will be useful. Psychic-types generally think they have a good chance, and if I stayed with Crobat against them, they would. U-Turn will take care of them, and deal enough damage to allow another to come and deal with the problem. Cross Poison is generally a good offensive move and the most powerful Poison-type move it can learn. Roost is there to help replenish health after a use or two of Brave Bird, plus the damage taken from Life Orb, so the health will be needed :)

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
Nature: Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP

Psychic
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Nasty Plot

Psychic, there mainly for the STAB and the power that Azelf really needs. Fire Blast goes well against pokemon like Bronzong, who have a tendency in UU to have the ability Levitate, rather than Heatproof, which is good for me. Shadow Ball, for ghost- and psychic-type threats, which will be saying bye bye after a shadow ball. Nasty Plot, for the raising of Special Attack, and giving that lil' power boost necessary for a complete Wipeout.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

ExtremeSpeed
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Morning Sun

Going chronologically, ExtremeSpeed is for the times when enemies have miniscule health left, and I need to get rid of them ASAP. Flare Blitz is for the STAB, which comes greatly alongside its high base power and Arcanine’s good enough Attack stat. Following on, Wild Charge is for the Water-type walls that it could face, for example, Milotic. Coming to Morning Sun, it is there, like Roost on Crobat, to give some health back after the recoil from Wild Charge and/or Flare Blitz.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Outrage
U-Turn

Earthquake, is for the STAB and will give me lots of power against pokemon I don't like. Stone Edge, is for Flying-types, and doubles up well with Earthquake. Outrage, again for STAB. Outrage can, and has done before, ensure that I gain a victory over annoying pokemon. U-Turn is when I don't feel that ScarfGon will survive against the pokemon out, or that he can't do as much damage as I would like, so I decide to switch for someone else.

Swampert @ Life Orb
Trait: Damp
Nature: Jolly
252 Spe / 4 HP / 252 Atk

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Waterfall
Ice Punch

Ok. The change in Water-type on my team will come greatly needed. There isn't as much weakness to SR as Kingdra had, and the Life Orb means i'm not locked into any move, which is also helpful. Now, onto the moves themselves. Earthquake, for lots of damage, along with STAB and the foes greatly deserve it. Rock Slide, although less powerful than Stone Edge, the accuracy is more, and I don't think I can afford any moves to miss here really, so Rock Slide wins that spot. Waterfall, also there for STAB, and will be useful because there is the chance that the foe will flinch after being hit by it. Ice Punch, for the obvious threat of Grass-types, but I wouldn't stay in unless I absolutely had to. It will also be useful when someone with sense makes the obvious choice to switch for a flying type from their Ground-weak pokemon.

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
Nature: Timid
252 Spe / 4 HP / 252 Atk

Taunt
Toxic
Leech Seed
Energy Ball

Taunt, for the obvious use of stopping any Stealth Rocks from being set up which would hurt the team, especially Crobat and Arcanine. Toxic is to help get rid of my foes, and unless they have Natural Cure, they will still be poisoned on switching out. Hehe. Leech Seed, will stop my enemies from escaping, which will then tie in nicely to enable the Toxic poison to work its magic. Finally we come on to Energy Ball. I'm not going to lie here. It was mainly a place filler, but looking back, it was a good decision, as it is a powerful Grass-type move and will greatly help the team.

Hi there nice Hyper offensive team. I have some suggetions that I think will help improve your team. Run jolly over Adamant so you can outspeed postive speed base 115 such as Azelf. Roost I think is a bad move on a choiced pokemon so you should run sleep talk or even giga drain to hit rhyperior for super effective damage. Your team needs a choice scarfer so I would remove Ambipom for choice scarf meinshao because I think Ambipom is just a bad pokemon in UU. Kingdra has access to swift swim so why not use it over agility when it can boost your water moves as well. Arcanine should run Close combat over Morning sun for more coverage against Snorlax and to hit rhyperior. You may want to try running Azelf over Virizon so you can set up stealth rocks and taunt other SR users.
Crobat: Jolly>Adamant
Sleep Talk/Giga Drain> Roost
Mienshao>Amibpom
Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Arcanine should run this ev spread and moveset over your current one.
Arcanine @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire / Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

Kingdra should run this set
Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Dragon Dance

Azelf>Virizion
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot / Fire blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

GL hoped I help and hopefully you don't think I was changing your team a lot.

Nice team you've got there, although there's a few changes you might need to make. (Although on closer inspection they're not much different to what Pkn range6 said before me)

First off having Roost on a Choice Pokemon is generally a bad idea as being locked into Roost doesn't help you in the slightest. As Pkn range6 said, running Sleep Talk or Giga Drain in its place would be much better as it allows Crobat to either absorb a Spore or Sleep Powder and (hopefully) hit back with a super effective Brave Bird. Giga Drain on a Jolly nature might seem odd but it'l help against Ryperior.

The suggestions for Crobat are good, but Crobat outspeeds Azelf anyway, with base 130 speed, so the Jolly nature isn't really needed. I chose the Arcanine set, because it has been tried successfully against other people, myself included, and you can now find it as one of the first sets for Arcanine on the specific page, although the Stat modifications will be considered. The Azelf set is a good one and I will take it, maybe without SR, because there are many other users who can make better use of it, so I may have:

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Psychic
Fire Blast
Taunt
Shadow Ball

The reason I changed it, is because I think it gives a better type coverage against its possible UU competitiors, ie Mismagius, whose Special Attack is quite high and could deal significant damage, even maybe an OHKO with a Shadow Ball. Psychic I would go for instead of Psyshock because I don't quite want to depend on the foe having bad defense, so I want to deal as much damage as possible.
The Kingdra set I went for because it gives very good type coverage against enemies, and the Sniper ability is good because it will give me 3x damage and probably an OHKO, but maybe the stat and nature changes will come in handy. I am though thinking of switching Agility for Rain Dance, then Sniper for Swift Swim.
Mienshao is a very good suggestion and, like Azelf, I will take it on board, because the type coverage is very good, and it will be able to deal lots of damage.
I don't want you guys to think that I am ungrateful for the suggestions. I'm not, they're fantastic, and I have heeded and taken some, but the others allowed me a success against people, and hopefully I have sufficiently explained why.

Well, BB7, I have to say I'm quite impressed by your team. It is, indeed, very fast, and can quickly escape from things that would threaten them- i assume you'd predict a ghost type attack on Azelf then go to weavile? Say, however, they don't switch, and they will-o-wisp. Your attack goes down, and they could spam protect, for example. In UU you will still get dusclops. It will take a single pursuit, should it not switch, will be able to willowwisp, and then could pain split you down to not too much HP. (or just rest-talk)

252Atk Life Orb Weavile (+Atk) Pursuit vs 252HP/0Def Dusclops (+Def): 46% - 54% (132 - 156 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO. 15% chance to 2HKO.

Even with ice shard, an arcanine could revenge kill with extremespeed (though naturally you'd switch)

Just a thing, where, on a team with 3 stealth rock weaknesses, is your spinner?
This is especially important considering the above scenario could kill your weavile should it switch back into a stealth rock. You need one, but even if you have one, dusclops could block it, and I'm not convinced even your Weavile (which is decent) could deal with it so easily? Even ambipom has a better chance, with shadow claw, but it still would not OHKO (I think)

Thus, a spinner is complusory on a team like this, where you may be forced to switch.

I'd like to know what you'd swap Azelf for. It would, without spinning, have to be Crobat (I know you wouldn't do that) Arcanine (you wouldn't do that either) or Weavile (so...)

No toxic spike absorbers either? I'd have thought better of you than to let setups get the better of you. That said, boosting sweepers/ defenders could ruin this team. Seeing as you haven't actually fitted Azelf in, I'll assume you aren't using it. Other than Kingdra, your team is physically really impressive. This is a huge problem: once Kingdra's down, even bulk-up abusers can shut down your team, I should imagine.
For example Machamp, who can run a successful Bulk-up set, with 100% accurate, 100% confusing, Dynamicpunch.
Naturally, you switch into Crobat (if it's there). If not, Weavile and Ambipom cannot beat him before they destroy you- speed is irrelevant, as you'd outspeed him anyway. (Not your fault for choosing them anyway)

There is another flaw to your team. You outspeed everything, cruising by and sweeping like an absolute boss. Then Thunder Wave comes along, and ruins everything. You have a sum total of 0 solid electric counters (despite an electric resist on Virizion) on your team. With thunder wave, your speed halves, and your terrifying team (well actually I'd be slightly worried fighting this) grinds to an abrupt halt. Weavile's speed halves to about 200 (fine, but within range of an OHKO from a speedy Virizion/coblaion/mienshao ), crobat falls to about 200 as well, but this time is weak to enemy Weaviles and Raikous (Raikou may well be the Thunder-waver itself!)

Thus, I actually found this team not too bad. Just when you go hyper-offense, be ready to stop enemy defense- in this case it's not too hard for them to ruin your day, as you have nothing to stop them yet.

Here, I recommend a Claydol: while not appearing incredible, it spins, blocks thunder wave, counters ground types and your team covers it well. It does not fit into your 'hyper-offense' bracket, but seriously, I reckon it will save you at least a few KOs in the future.

P.S. Oh, and the crobat suggestions are not good, they are necessary. You do not put roost on a choice-item bearer.
P.P.S. Add sprites, and gaps between the sets, to make your team more legible.

Good luck,

E

The suggestions for Crobat are good, but Crobat outspeeds Azelf anyway, with base 130 speed, so the Jolly nature isn't really needed.
Wrong, Timid/Jolly Azelf outspeeds Adamant Crobat with 361 speed. Adamant Crobat reaches 359 speed top. Use this set to ensure you outspeed any base 115 speed pokes and give your Crobat some more bulk.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus / Infiltrator
EVs: 122 hp/ 252atk/ 136spd
-Brave Bird
-Cross Poison
-U-Turn
-Roost / Super Fang / Sleep Talk

Also, you should really fix your presentation, it's hard to read and horrible to look at.

Ok, I fixed the presentation. The Crobat was to the best of my knowledge, so I admit I was wrong, and thanks for correcting me. How About this:

Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Infiltrator
252 Atk / 118 HP / 140 Spe

Brave Bird
Cross Poison
U-Turn
Super Fang

Better?

i assume you'd predict a psychic type attack on Azelf then go to weavile? E
A psychic type attack on Azelf? I don't need to switch for Weavile. A few reasons for this.
1. It is a special attacker, so will-o-wisp will burn and only burn.
2. A psychic type would feel the full force of Azelf's shadow ball.

While it is nice to have a team of naturally fast things, anything with a scarf outspeeds all of your team. While you do have a good amount of priority, something like scarfed Chandelure would do very well against your team. I think Scarfed Flygon would be a good idea. It is very fast, immune to T-Wave, doesn't care about entry hazards, and can hit very hard.

Ok. For the Flygon set, hows about this:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-Turn

How about I put ScarfGon in place of Ambipom?

There are a few other things that should be attended first.

Arcanine need to get rid of Wild charge and replace it with Close Combat or Crunch for better coverage. With CC, Chandelure completely walls you, with Crunch, you can catch it on the switch (56% chance to OHKO) or live a Shadowball and try to get the kill. With Life orb, Flareblitz and SR weakness you already eat a ton of recoil damage. Also don't underestimate Extreme Speed, it does around 40%-50% to most sweepers in this tier.

Also, I'd definitely put Rain Dance on Kingdra instead of agility, reason being that you want to boost your Water STAB. Kingdra's SpA is nothing amazing, so you want as much power as possible. I'd also suggest to replace Ice Beam for Hydro Pump. Rain-Boosted HPump can get some OHKO that Surf can't, and Surf can guarantee a kill without fearing a miss. Draco Meteor will take care of anything that resist Water, if you didn't took care of them before sweeping.

You already have 3 pokes weak to SR, so Flygon should replace one of them imo. (I would replace Weavile). You also don't have SR support, which most of your team will appreciate immensely, so here's another suggestion: Replace Ambipom by Azelf.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
252spa/ 252spd Evs
-Psyshock/ Psychic
-Fire Blast/ Thunderbolt/ Grass Knot
-Taunt
-Stealth Rocks

You'll lead with him most of the time, and most of the time you'll be able to prevent Rocks from being put on your side of the field early, and set your own. Focus Sash will ensure that you put your rocks on the field no matter what lead they used, and the rest is coverage against the usual leads (Bronzong, Crobat, etc.) Crobat will mostly always go for Taunt or U-Turn on first turn, Fire Blast is a 2HKO on Bronzong and grass Knot for Slowbro, Swampert or Rhyperior.

That's it for now.

EDIT: Added Grass Knot as an option.

Gotta love how you never accept any of my criticism. Anyway, i apologise about my mistake (I meant ghost), but I beg you to get a spinner. Even Hitmontop can prove highly useful. I like Sucker Punch, Mach Punch, Thunder Wave (or another offensive move eg Bullet punch) and Rapid spin. Thunder wave counters enemy thunder wave's if your flygon's down, and the rest are purely offensive. Take a life orb, but don't bother investing in speed- 2 moves are priority, and after a thunder wave hopefully you'll outspeed. I'd take it as another option instead of Flygon (although it is a good set.) Alternatively, Virizion doesn't particularly bring much, aside from water coverage (beware enemy kingdras, as you have almost nothing to stop them), so you could switch for it (but get more water counters first- wild charge on arcanine just won't cut it)

No toxic spike absorbers either?
Firstly, I am posting this on behalf of the first team I posted. Did you not see CROBAT? Perfect Toxic Spike absorber. Poison status moves on poison types do nothing.
On behalf of the current team now, there is Whimsicott, who can, and most likely will, stop the Toxic Spikes from even being on the battlefield (Taunt).
Flygon now, and he will take no damage from Spikes or Toxic Spikes, and very little from SR. This is because of Levitate. I have seen this in action. The same applies to Azelf. Thus, the only ones who really could suffer from Toxic Spikes are Arcanine and Swampert. Seeing as most Spikers/T-spikers are Ground or Poison-types, Swampert can deal with that. Any exceptions (Glalie, Roserade, Scolipede) can be dealt with by Arcanine himself. To conclude this rather long-winded description:
Toxic Spikes, Spikes and SR are no longer threats that I am unable to successfully deal with. Thank you

Well, with whimsicott on the team, I can make sure that the Toxic Spikes aren't put up in the first place.
Plus there is Flygon's Levitate, which will ensure that he is unaffected by the toxic spikes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)