VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Rock Slide get boosted by Technician in Doubles? Is there an easy way for me to test this in game? I am having a very hard time finding any information on this topic. The only topic I could find was a closed topic referencing Dream World Breloom getting the Technician boost on Rock Slide, but that is the only place on the internet google machine I could find anything about it. That thread is http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3455273

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Moves that are decreased in power due to the spread move deduction do not collect the Technician boost.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Could I bring an MP3 player and listen to music while I battle or no?
Unless it's changed, no. I asked Mike Liesik that in 2010 (when he handled the tourneys) and he said they weren't allowed for music (iPod wasn't anyway, though I no longer have the email.) People have streamed events in the past, but just to be safe, I would shoot them an email.

I have a few questions for the wifi challange. How soon do you need to enter your pokemon battle box info? If you don't do they disqualify you?
Thank you much appreciated

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have a few questions for the wifi challange. How soon do you need to enter your pokemon battle box info? If you don't do they disqualify you?
Thank you much appreciated
For Wi-Fi tournaments, you can register your Battle Box any time before your first battle, even after the tournament has started. All that matters is that you register on your PGL account before registration closes.

Is Cloud Nine worth using on a Trick Room team?
Cloud Nine isn't worth it in general. The only Pokemon that get it are pretty crappy (Golduck, Altaria, Lickylicky), and the weather will come back as soon as said Pokemon switches out or dies. I would go with something like Tyranitar or Abomasnow if I were you, they are good slow mons that work as counter-weather.

In regionals can you get a worker to hack check your pokemon before the tournament starts?
im sure if you ask them, you could. or during the first round, just ask before the battle starts. if it was like anything at NorCal, they asked me 5 or 6 times even though I had passed the first.

latios, thundurus, landorus, rotom-w, politoed, ttar, kingdra, ludicolo, scizor, abomasnow and a whole hell of a lot more
This. A lot of teams are going to have at least 1 dragon type and 1 steel type. (Some may substitute a sp. def sponge though, mostly for draco meteor in that case.) so there's that too. Also three major 'mons that he didnt list are Metagross, Heatran, and Cresselia. Cress especially because she is very, very common.

This. A lot of teams are going to have at least 1 dragon type and 1 steel type. (Some may substitute a sp. def sponge though, mostly for draco meteor in that case.) so there's that too. Also three major 'mons that he didnt list are Metagross, Heatran, and Cresselia. Cress especially because she is very, very common.
Shocked at the lack of Hitmontop, Garchomp, Chandelure, Terrakion and Tornadus in your lists. A bunch more like Zapdos, Sableye, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Hydreigon, Jellicent, Ninetales, Reuniclus, Scrafty and Suicune are common enough that you should consider them as threats when teambuilding, too.

Shocked at the lack of Hitmontop, Garchomp, Chandelure, Terrakion and Tornadus in your lists. A bunch more like Zapdos, Sableye, Whimsicott, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Hydreigon, Jellicent, Ninetales, Reuniclus, Scrafty and Suicune are common enough that you should consider them as threats when teambuilding, too.
Actually hadnt ran into any chandys, but i do agree with the hitmontop and garchomp.

To be fair though, there are a ton of things to watch out for. Condensing the list is easier for newer people.

I updated a Pokémon at pokecheck, but I got something orange at the nickname:
"Found trash bytes but no associated name. Can be the result of a changed nickname or a combination of different kinds of trashbyte (e.g. evolve after transfer or nickname after evolution)."

what does this mean? Does this mean my pkm is illegal? 0.o got it in a trade

What is a good counter to rain teams? I have a gastrodon but I still can't counter them.
Ferrothorn works well as a good counter to rain teams. He can threaten Politoed with power whip (neutral nature with 180 Attack EVs OHKOs 252/0 Quiet Politoed) And he OHKOs any and all Gastrodons spreads with or without attack investment. And while Rain is up, his fire weakness is neutralized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)