5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm trying to set up EonTimer for standard seed abuse and ID/SID abuse on my DSi and 3DS XL (in both B/W and B2/W2). I assume that I should use the "5" tab, select "Standard" from the "Mode" drop-down menu, and enter a number in the "Calibration" box equal to my offset multiplied by -60 (and obviously input my target second into the corresponding box), correct?

So I am having trouble with the breeding aspect of RNG. I have already managed to successfully RNG stationary legendary pokemon, wondercard pokemon and the roamer for my version. I am using RNG Reporter 9.96.5 Beta.

I am trying to breed a gastly with disable so using the IV checker I know that I have a male Grimer from Spain with IV's 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a female timid gastly from the US with IV's 31/x/x/31/31/31. So I open up time finder and am leaving the min/max advances as the default 10/45. Then checking the international parents box, filling in the iv's and select timid for the everstone. I select 31 for the IV's of everything but attack and select timid for the nature. I then hit generate and get a lot of results. So, I select a seed with frame say 89. Then I copy it in the main window using breeding international and everstone, click calculate initial PIDRNG frame and get something like 42. If I try to advance the frame with chatot chatters or just pick up the egg immediately the pokemon I hatch isn't on the list of possible pokemon for that seed because the nature / inheritance / gender isn't listed. I think this means I am hitting the wrong seed, but I am using the same method of starting the game at the appropriate time that I consistently used for catching the legendary pokemon. I have read several guides and they seem to be using different versions of rng reporter so I can't figure out exactly what I am doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

The first you should do after you hatched the egg is to go to the IV man in Nimbasa City and let him check the breed (HP, Def, SAtk, SDef and Spe have to be the top values). That is the best way to check if Timer0 has screwed over you.

... because the nature / inheritance / gender isn't listed.
That is a line we don't quite get. The only way that might happen is when you are in another seed, see first paragraph. When not, then you should look it up again. Do not forget to display all of the possible PID frames and to confirm your frame by listening to Chatot; you probably already know - because of moving NPCs.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yes, you can potentially hit 10+ different Timer0s in BW2. That's why it's suggested you calibrate multiple times, to see which value is most common.

The first you should do after you hatched the egg is to go to the IV man in Nimbasa City and let him check the breed (HP, Def, SAtk, SDef and Spe have to be the top values). That is the best way to check if Timer0 has screwed over you.

That is a line we don't quite get. The only way that might happen is when you are in another seed, see first paragraph. When not, then you should look it up again. Do not forget to display all of the possible PID frames and to confirm your frame by listening to Chatot; you probably already know - because of moving NPCs.
Thanks for the help, I was incorrectly hitting my seed because I had selected the wrong month. :( After recording the ahh sound for my chatots I can now breed flawless shiny pokemon on the first try by figuring out which frame I am on from the chatot pitches and stopping two before my target frame to allow the NPC's to move around.

But now this almost makes getting shinies and flawless pokemon too easy! However, I am glad to finally have my very own Shiny flawless Zangoose and Gligar! Now to EV train and take on the battle subway!

Hello there.

First of all, I wanted to say thanks to the (brilliant) minds behind managing all of this RNG management. When I heard about this, I was very intrigued

Anywho, I'm stumped. I'm in the process of (attempting) to RNG a Female Hidden Grotto Vulpix. The IVs & Nature are unimportant to me, as it is mostly for personal use and to start dabbing into this RNG management. I've gone through a lot of reads and videos to lead me to a small bit of knowledge of what I'm talking about, but chances are I have no idea.

So I'll go through the process of what I've done, etc.:

1. I went through setting up my DS Parameters first, of course-
(DSi XL, White 2 English, area w/out NPCs [Giant Chasm Entrance from the East, the Route # escapes me])
- I went through 8 Parameter checks to try and find a consistency in my Timer0 (I had done more previously until I finally realized NPCs were screwing the results, so I changed locations) and I ended up with 6 different Timer0's, one repeating 3 times. I assumed this would be enough consistency to start RNGing the Vulpix, but I later found out I was wrong (I think?)

(sub)Question 1: Is the above repetition of 3 Timer0's enough, or should I be aiming for a higher number?

2. I used this Timer0 and the information from Hozu's guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/hidden_grotto_abuse) in the Time Finder to get a seed I "Liked" and began RNGing off of that.

(sub)Question 2: For the Time Finder Seed, does this date have to have any relation to the date I used to find my Timer0? For example, I used December 7, 2013, 20:13:20 to find my Timer0 - does this Time Finder Seed have to echo this in any way?

3. I went into the Grotto with Vulpix, made sure it was cleared, and saved the game. The previous Grottos in the List were also never touched, bar one which I checked that has been refilled. I used the first Frame Vulpix (Using Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG & Encounter Type: Hidden Grotto) because, as stated, the IV's and Natures are not very important for me. Also, I figured (had I been doing everything right up to this point), I would at least get a Vulpix to show up in the Grotto.

4. The Date & Time of the seed I used was December 3, 2013, 12:52:32, so I did the whole "set EonTimer to 32 seconds, queued my DS's Clock to this countdown, started the game when EonTimer hit 0, didn't hold down any buttons until the 'Star' appeared, Did not enable C-Gear" and I began walking my 256 steps inside of the Grotto, I walked outside upon finishing, and re-entered the Grotto. I repeated this 4 times until I came here to begin my inquiry! Also, on my Fourth attempt, I had an Amoongus appear (the other 3 were empty) - Not sure if that adds to anything.

(sub)Question 3: Does Running (Holding B) make any difference in walking the 256 steps inside of the Grotto to "Reset" it?

So, what do? I'm sure what I'm doing is as obvious as a sore thumb to the wiser individuals out there, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.
I also have all of my DS Parameter calibration pokemon's IVs (and other information that was given, i.e. Timer0's) that I had caught during calibration attempting, if they are needed. I'm also hoping I got all of my information needed into this post!

I was wondering if it was possible to RNG in black prior to completing the game? I've defeated all of the gym leaders but I'm not ready to take on the Elite 4 yet because I know I'll have to battle Reshiram first and capture it -I wanna get one with amazing IVs but I've never RNGed anything befor. So I intend to practise first...

I thought I might try to RNG a gift pokemon like the magikarp on Marvelous bridge as I don't have any event pokemon. Is this easy enough to do?

I've already gotten my monkey pokemon and the fossil from relic tower so that's out of the question, unfortunately.

(sub)Question 1: Is the above repetition of 3 Timer0's enough, or should I be aiming for a higher number?
Try calibrating some more (maybe an additional 10 times), but your initial results are a good sign that you're on the right track. Wandering NPCs shouldn't affect your timer0.

(sub)Question 2: For the Time Finder Seed, does this date have to have any relation to the date I used to find my Timer0? For example, I used December 7, 2013, 20:13:20 to find my Timer0 - does this Time Finder Seed have to echo this in any way?
No relation. Your TimeFinder seeds can be any date that gives you the right IV spreads.

(sub)Question 3: Does Running (Holding B) make any difference in walking the 256 steps inside of the Grotto to "Reset" it?
No difference.

Make sure to set Encounter type to "Hidden Grotto" and know the status of the preceding grottos.

I was wondering if it was possible to RNG in black prior to completing the game? I've defeated all of the gym leaders but I'm not ready to take on the Elite 4 yet because I know I'll have to battle Reshiram first and capture it -I wanna get one with amazing IVs but I've never RNGed anything befor. So I intend to practise first...

I thought I might try to RNG a gift pokemon like the magikarp on Marvelous bridge as I don't have any event pokemon. Is this easy enough to do?

I've already gotten my monkey pokemon and the fossil from relic tower so that's out of the question, unfortunately.
It's very possible. Try calibrating your parameters in Victory Road, since the pokemon there are high-level and will give you near accurate IV estimates.

I recommend trying to capture the fighting trio and using either Blyde's Blog or the Nugget Bridge guide.

I'm trying to rng an Entralink Gible in Black 1, and I Can't seem to hit anything. The IVs never match. Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?

I start up the game at timer 1, then boot enter Entralink at Timer 2 (I hit 'yes' at the start menu to turn on the c-gear, and skip through the animation), and tried to calibrate by running in and getting Gible as soon as possible but still nothing.

I'm also confused a bit. Where and when do I run the 128 steps?

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm trying to rng an Entralink Gible in Black 1, and I Can't seem to hit anything. The IVs never match. Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?

I start up the game at timer 1, then boot enter Entralink at Timer 2 (I hit 'yes' at the start menu to turn on the c-gear, and skip through the animation), and tried to calibrate by running in and getting Gible as soon as possible but still nothing.

Seed info, parameters, what IVs/nature you get perhaps to better help?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus

What religiousjedi said, you need to tell us at the very least what frame you're going for. In BW1, the first frame you can hit in the Entralink is 21 (which is what you should go for, and you have to verify that your step counter doesn't advance the frame). Be aware that abusing the Entralink is amazingly difficult and frustrating. I recommend you to only go for those pokés with Bw1-exclusive Entralink moves, like Nidoran-F with Sucker Punch, but that's just me.

I kind of wish I hadn't wasted my time with Helping Hand Ralts and Tyrogue, haha.

Try calibrating some more (maybe an additional 10 times), but your initial results are a good sign that you're on the right track. Wandering NPCs shouldn't affect your timer0.

No relation. Your TimeFinder seeds can be any date that gives you the right IV spreads.

No difference.
Make sure to set Encounter type to "Hidden Grotto" and know the status of the preceding grottos.

Thank you for your responses.

In calibration, I know I'm looking for a repeating Timer0 value to use, but am I correct in assuming that, even when I do get this Timer0, the actual RNG process of getting the "right" Grotto will still take quite a bit of time?
Also, couldn't I run with the Timer0 I had repeated 3 times and eventually hit the Vulpix?

[edit]:
Am I supposed to be using the whole range of the Timer0 values I'm finding and setting those as my Timer0 min-max values for My DS parameters? If that's the case, how does the ordering of these numbers work? For example, two of my values are 1678 and 167C - which comes "first" ?

Also, I should clarify that in my original post when I mentioned "First frame Vulpix," I was referring to the first frame after calculating the Initial PIDRNG Frame

Thank you for your responses.

In calibration, I know I'm looking for a repeating Timer0 value to use, but am I correct in assuming that, even when I do get this Timer0, the actual RNG process of getting the "right" Grotto will still take quite a bit of time?
Also, couldn't I run with the Timer0 I had repeated 3 times and eventually hit the Vulpix?
Yes, you're certainly welcome to try just using the results you currently have. Eventually you may hit it, but since you're using DSi XL, there's a chance (can't say exactly what since I use a DSoriginal) that another timer0 will be more common due to the hardware's wider range of timer0's.

[edit]:
Am I supposed to be using the whole range of the Timer0 values I'm finding and setting those as my Timer0 min-max values for My DS parameters? If that's the case, how does the ordering of these numbers work? For example, two of my values are 1678 and 167C - which comes "first" ?
You can use the whole range, but it's easier to focus on one that you'll eventually hit (i.e. set min/max to the same value). The values are hexadecimal so they go from 0 through F (16 values) - this means 1678 < 167C

Yes, you're certainly welcome to try just using the results you currently have. Eventually you may hit it, but since you're using DSi XL, there's a chance (can't say exactly what since I use a DSoriginal) that another timer0 will be more common due to the hardware's wider range of timer0's.

You can use the whole range, but it's easier to focus on one that you'll eventually hit (i.e. set min/max to the same value). The values are hexadecimal so they go from 0 through F (16 values) - this means 1678 < 167C

Thank you again.

Forget all of the below, I got the Vulpix to appear - Thank you very much jp!

I went through more Parameter Calibration and the original Timer0 Value that had the most repetitions is still at that rank, at 7, with the next closest one at 3. So, using this Timer0 Value, I went on to attempting to get a Vulpix and, after 8-ish tries, I assumed I was doing something wrong. Thus, I'll go through what I did to double-check I'm doing everything correctly:

- Went inside the Grotto, checked to see if there was any items there (There was a Pokeball, so I picked it up)

- Saved the game after picking up said Item, reset the DS and set the DS's time to a seed I found in the Time Finder: 12/24/13, 03:46 (And 27 Seconds, but yea.)

- "Confirmed/Accepted" the time and started EonTimer at the same time and launched my Pokemon White 2 when EonTimer hit 0

- I got in the game, immediately opened my Pause Menu, used a Max Repel (To better target the 256 steps), and proceeded the walking

- After the 256 Steps, I exited the Grotto and immediately re-entered it

I did this, again, about 8 times without anything appearing inside the Grotto (Except for the last time, having a Gooey Mulch appear. I haven't accessed any Grottos throughout playing the game (up to just entering Victory Road) bar 2, which I have both checked to have been refilled. I also have Screenshots of my RNG Reporter windows (the Timer Finder and the "Home" Window) that I can upload to imgur or something, if that helps at all.

Am I doing anything incorrectly, or is my Timer0 just avoiding the inevitable?

I can't understand some things with the hidden grottoes (I'm using version 9.96.4):

where do I see the "grotto number" for a certain grotto? the encounter tables don't give them a number from 0 to 19. they also aren't numbered in the order listed there, because I read that someone RNGed ditto (giant chasm) and put 0 as the grotto number, but in the tables the giant chasm is the 10th one.

what does "open hollow" mean? an empty grotto? if I have to RNG, for example, in grotto number 9 and all the other grottoes are occupied, what should I put in "open hollows"? 'cause if I put 1 (since the only unoccupied grotto is number 9) it gives me and error.

last thing, I noticed that all the results are at frames that are at least "initial frame +3". since I read that it's better to use one that is at the initial frame, so you don't have to worry about advancements, why are there no such results?

thanks for the help.

Hello, I have done shiny RNG abuse in diamond a few years ago, and decided to try out perfect IV breeding in Black 2. Now, if my issue has been resolved before I apologize, I did a few searches already and couldn't find a working solution and I don't really feel like reading through 717 pages.
Here is my information: Name=Tankmin ID=51593 SID=27636 Male= Eevee x/x/x/31/31/31 Female= Vulpix (drought) x/x/x/31/31/x. I launched my game several times with the date as 2/1/2012 at 12:00:00 and got: Golurk, Level 49, relaxed, highly curious, HP=153, Att=131, Def=91, SpA=68, SpD=87, Spd=56. I entered this into the DS parameters search and got Actual Seconds: 1, Vcount:82, Timer0: 1106, GxStat:6, VFrame:6, Seed:3F470425CDE8FE08
Here's my problem. I use the Gen 5 time finder for eggs, then enter one of the seeds I choose onto the main menu. I then enter the setting Breeding(BW) and check the "Black White 2?" box. When I click generate I get the error message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediatly. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Yes I do have .Net Framework 4.5 installed. Any help with this would be very much appreciated, and thanks for creating such an amazing program.

Hello, I have done shiny RNG abuse in diamond a few years ago, and decided to try out perfect IV breeding in Black 2.
I'll be honest, I stopped reading after that sentence. You are wasting your time. Game Freak completely screwed up the breeding mechanics for egg generation in B/W2 so RNGing one is, for all intents and purposes, impossible. If you want to breed flawless pokemon, RNG on B/W instead.

If I missed something important in the other information, just repost after you try some B/W breeding.

I'll be honest, I stopped reading after that sentence. You are wasting your time. Game Freak completely screwed up the breeding mechanics for egg generation in B/W2 so RNGing one is, for all intents and purposes, impossible. If you want to breed flawless pokemon, RNG on B/W instead.

If I missed something important in the other information, just repost after you try some B/W breeding.
I don't actually own a copy of B/W, just black 2.... I bought the game before I decided to get back into RNG abuse and after I changed my mind about gen 5 (Curse you Trubbish and Vanniluxe!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)