Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity- Coming to Us!

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This picture gives us a peak of what this new, upcoming Pokemon Dungeon Series has in store for us!​
This new game is like the previous Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Games, yet it's brought to us on the infamous 3DS! It was released in Japan on November 23, 2012 and is scheduled to be released in the US on March 24, 2013.​
They already have the storyline of the game on Bulbapedia, but of course, for you guys who like to experience it yourself, I won't tell! (I refused to read it anyways XD)​
What do you guys think of this game? Does it seem interesting,or does the fact that it's on 3DS ruins it? Personally, I think the game is gonna rock, and from that picture above, it seems very promising. ^^;​

Let's hear your thoughts on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity! :naughty:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is already a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon threadhttp://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3465939&page=6. It has not been posted in in a little bit over a month, but the OI mods won't mind you bumping it if you have relevant discussion to add. The thread tends to go through periods of activity and inactivity.

I think we all stopped talking about Gates to Infinity once we learned that there are only 144 Pokemon in the game. Still excited to get it, but that is a huge bummer.

NOPENOPENOPENOPE
The Bro-Tier Solosis line won't be in it. Unovoverinflation. I mean, why couldn't this just be like the other PMD games? And I've heard that it's basically babby's first Mystery Dungeon, with removed hunger and things.

Also, the final boss is a goddamn snowflake. Not even a Cryogonal. A fucking snowflake.

Boycott it, pull a Hugh and unleash your rage, whatever you can do to make yourself heard. It's sad to see my favorite spinoff die like this, not with a bang, but with a whimper. Oh well. Maybe PMD ROM hacking will take off someday. (Ahahaha.)

The worst part? It will still be profitable. Maybe they'll realize that the adult fans want the old PMD style back.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think we all stopped talking about Gates to Infinity once we learned that there are only 144 Pokemon in the game. Still excited to get it, but that is a huge bummer.
Worst decision in a Pokemon game ever.

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lol, wow. This game sounds horrible. :v I try not to look at the spoilers, but man, it looks bad. :(

i like how everyone suddenly started to post spoilers related to spoilers that are properly placed in spoiler tags

i think people really didn't care after wiiware PMD didn't get localised (although admittedly everyone was still on explorers of sky). or perhaps the problem was that sky was the perfect PMD: it has every pokemon in one game, a bunch of cool new features, and challenging dungeons with special traps and restrictions. three years after it is released, i still find myself playing it occasionally.

Yeah, Explorers of Sky is AMAZING. My cousin and I still play through it every so often. I'm actually planning on restarting it in the near feature. The only problrm is the story (even though it was amazing the first few times around) starts to get old after 25+ playthroughs...

There's 144 Pokémon and a huge amount of DLC (quite a bit of day 1 DLC as well).

Seriously, don't buy this.
DLC that you never have to acknowledge or buy?

edit: I mean, if they locked away the other 505 pokemon in the DLC dungeons sure

i'm actually curious if those 505 pokemon were even programmed into the game to begin with
Probably not

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there's an enhanced version waiting to be announced and released that has everything everyone (well, mostly; I don't care too much one way or the other) wanted from it originally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)