Blood, Guts and Glory

Blood, Guts and Glory

Introduction
This team got its name for its great physicality and also what it has accomplished. This is a team that I feel like has reached its full potential under my capabilities so I wanted to share it with everyone to see how it can improve. On the Showdown ladder I've gone 57 – 4 over two accounts and have won a few small tournaments since this team was first made. Right now it is sitting at 1750 on the main alt. Then they changed the ladder, so I thought it would be an appropriate time to post this. This team is by no means innovative and the sets aren’t very creative, but when I put everything together it just clicked unlike any team I’ve made in the past.

It fits my playstyle very well being able to switch often and still maintain momentum even when I’m not using U-Turn. Misplays are very easy to overcome just because of the sheer power and bulk of the team. It’s what I would like to call a toolbox team: use what you need to when you need to. I’m not going to go into a detailed teambuilding process because it would be extremely long and I don’t remember half of the changes anyway. Im just like most people, tired of this meta and wanted to go against it, so i chose to build a more bulky offensive team. I remember wanting to build around Trick Room Reuniclus in order to combat all of the offensive teams running around. So in essence it was kinda meant to be an Anti-Meta team. With that in mind, THIS IS NOT A FULL TRICK ROOM TEAM. Tyranitar and Keldeo compliment Reuniclus very well while aslo giving the team answers to opposing weather. Also it wasn’t intended to be a Sandstorm team either. But since it does have Sand, I sort of followed Franky’s old formula of 2 water resists + 2 special defensive checks + 2 Sand abusers, minus the sand abusers. It still works. The team works in a way where it uses you’re opponents strategy against them. I don’t want to spoil anymore here, so on to the team!

The Team​

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 154 HP / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit​

Like I said, this is nothing special. A pretty standard CB Tyranitar. Tyranitar along with Keldeo form a great offensive core that few things can stop. But not only does Tar take care of the majority of Keldeo’s checks and counters, he also handles a lot of Reuniclus’ checks as well. Setting up Sand can ruin Rain sweepers and Suns teams are pretty weak to Tyranitar already. As I said, this team was not meant to be a Sand team, but sand is so beneficial in a Rain dominated meta. Although sand isn’t necessary for this team to win, it can thrive in it. Not to mention he is able to take advantage of Trick Room if need be because of his horrible speed. He was just a perfect fit for the team.

The Lati@s can check Keldeo if it is locked into the wrong move or Reuniclus if it isn’t set up, and Tyranitar just happens to be their worst enemy. Being able to come in and stomach Draco Meteors and even some Surfs while being able to retaliate with Crunch or trap them with Pursuit. As well as Jellicent and Celebi. Gosh this things special bulk is ridiculous. It is also my answer to strong special attackers in general. Superpower hits Blissey and Chansey hard who can be problematic for this team; I just have to be wary of Toxic’s, especially in weather wars. Stone Edge is for STAB, when it hits. The EV spread is pretty simple, max attack for max damage, enough speed to out speed base 70’s with no investments such as Politoed. This makes it a great scout if my opponent and I lead with our weather starters. If Sand goes up then it is most likely a defensive variant and Rain goes up I can assume it’s a more offensive variant. Along with that, I didn’t want to run too many speed EV’s because he is still a potent sweeper if he has to come in while Trick Room is up.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

This god damn little pony has caused me so much trouble since everyone finally realized its worth and the whole Tornadus–T ban. This is the second part of my offensive core and also creates the whole Tyranitar – Keldeo core. Not to mention it is a nice water resist. This thing makes Rain teams cringe if they don’t have a hard counter. Under Sand it’s not bad, being able to pick up a few more kills because of the residual damage, but against Rain it can rip through the whole team. In regards to the center point of this team, he can take a decent chunk of Jirachi’s health and even revenge Volcarona at +1. Both of which can stop Reuniclus dead in its tracks. Volcarona otherwise could be a real danger to the whole team if it gets a chance to set up. Did I mention that it also stops Scizor in it's tracks? Something else that could potentially be a problem.

A simple Choice Scarf set. Timid nature to maximize revenge killing capabilities. Hydro Pump for a powerful STAB. Against some Rain teams, if I notice this thing can do severe damage to the opposing team I may let Rain stay up because Hydro Pump becomes a nuke coming off a 129 base special attack plus STAB and Rain. Secret Sword is the next STAB of choice, also a great wall-breaking tool against the big pink blobs. Surf is there for when missing Hydro Pump isn’t an option, usually late game and cleaning things up. I decided to go with Hidden Power Ice of Electric or Ghost because dragons can be problematic for this team which only has one steel type and it also allows Keldeo to revenge dragons since switching in isn’t very safe usually. And Ghost would get pretty redundant coverage with Tyranitar.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 Def
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic/Psyshock​

And now the star of the team. This thing is seriously underrated right now. Everyone wants to battle fast offensive teams with, you got it, fast offensive teams. Not that I’m complaining. Trick Room makes this thing is a monster versus Rain, Sun, and Deoxys offense. Rain teams rely on the speed of Tornadus–T, Keldeo, Starmie, and other scarfers too, while Sun is shut down because their chlorophyll sweeper, revenge killer, and normally Rock Polish Landorus or something of the like become lilabilities. Hyper Offense can be throw up, as there are plenty of speed boosting mons to beat other offensive teams, but they're also attack boosting sweepers. Regardless they’re normally faster than half my team anyway, making Trick Room even more important. Against stall this thing is big because it doesn't take damage from hazards and status thanks to Magic Guard. In a way it makes the whole team function better. But like Sand, it isn’t a necessity.

The moves are nothing special. Shadow Ball and Focus Miss have perfect neutral coverage together. Psychic is the STAB of choice simply because it has more power than Psyschock. Although sometimes I find myself wishing I ran Psyshock so it isn’t walled as easily by pink blobs. But, the extra power helps break walls down too. A negative speed nature and 0 speed IV’s are to make the most out of Trick Room, nearly guaranteeing I’ll be slower. A positive special attack and Life Orb for the most damage output. I wish I could tell you why the bulk is divided the way it is, but it’s simply just the onsite spread and it works. I’ve tanked things such as Garchomp Outrages when I expected to lose and then pulled a victory out of my ass. MVP right here.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 244 Def / 64 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

At first Landorus–T seemed to be the oddball out of the new Therian forms. I always thought it was cool though and I never got a chance to try it until now. Sheesh, am I glad I tried it. This thing is a defensive behemoth. With Tyranitar there is an automatic fear of fighting types and this guy covers that up with no problem. Conkeldurr, Terrakion, some Toxicroaks, and Lucario become non-existent threats. Not to mention Choice Band Scizor becomes a joke after it is Intimidated. This guy deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

The EV’s give it enough bulk to take on the omnipresent dragons that love to spam Outrage as well as tank Terrakion Stone Edges and retaliate. EdgeQuake is still a great combo being able to hit a lot of mons for super effective. U-Turn helps keep momentum on my side especially on predicted switches. And Stealth Rock is just a staple on every team because it opens up more KO's and destroys Dragonite, Volcarona, etc. It is very important on this team because between Sand and all the switches this team forces, the damage racks rup quickly. I decided to have Landorus-T set up rocks because he has so many opportunities with all the switches he forces. These moves along with attack investments and Adamant nature allow him to maintain an offensive presence. Although he isn’t the slowest thing in the world, he isn’t the fastest, being out sped by many common things such Jirachi and Thundurus-T. So Trick Room can be very beneficial if he comes in after Reuniclus goes down and then can proceed to sweep.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 88 SDef / 124 Spd / 44 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost​

Yay more basic sets. This is an oldy, but still a favorite of mine. SubRoost Dragonite isn’t as popular anymore and I’m not sure exactly why. This guy is the glue of the team. He is able to check Calm Mind Keldeo who is definitely problematic for this team. Also he can check just about every variant of Volcarona if it doesn’t carry Hidden Power Rock. This is also my main defensive answer to Rain teams because it resists Rain boosted water moves being spammed and his special bulk plus Multiscale can be troublesome for my opponent. Same holds true versus sun teams, Sun boosted moves become nothing and chlorophyll sweepers can’t touch him half the time. On another note, a couple time I've had to use him under Trick Room, in which case you just take advantage of it and don't set up DD. You just subroost it out and you also force you're opponent to burn their PP.

Substitute and Roost are the crux of the set (hence the sets name), it allows me to reach plus +1 with Dragon Dance and then stall out any dangerous moves such as Hurricane, Stine Edge and Hydro Pump. The speed EV’s allow me to outspeed Tornadus-T at +1, which puts me into a great speed tier, even if he’s gone now. Max HP for the biggest possible Subs. The Special Defensive EV’s are to live two Hurricanes if I remember correctly. (I guess that can be changed now). Then the rest goes into defense. And finally there’s Dragon Claw so I’m not Taunt bait and also not locked into Outrage since this set was chosen for its defensive prowess. But the thing is, it isn’t just a defensive set. This is my second set up sweeper for teams that either let it set up or when Reuniclus falls through. Also, this is my main answer to stall teams as he is my only boosting sweeper and sub blocks incoming statuses. Once this thing is set up it’s pretty much GG’s.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 208 HP / 48 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower​

And finally the king of OU, Scizor. This guy is a beast with a Choice Band. He essentially becomes another revenge killer as well as a scout. He really earned his spot on this team when I saw that Mamoswine, Weavile and offensive Abomasnow could tear apart my defenses. Scizor solves all those problems fearing none of the above,offesnsively or defensively. He also coves a lot of the same threats and Landorus-T does, but just checks them offensively. This is needed because Landorus doesn’t have recovery outside of Leftovers so he can be worn down pretty easily. So if Landorus can afford to take a hit, Scizor is usually the go to guy because of his typying and bulk. He then attempts to pick up a kill.

The EV’s are a bit odd. Max attack for max damage as usual. 208 HP had to do with Hail and Stealth Rock numbers. While 48 speed allows to out speed base 70’s with no investments. It makes U-Turning a lot simpler. U-Turn I think is the move I use the most. Between him and Landorus-T, getting Dragonite or Reuniclus in and set up becomes so much easier. Bullet Punch is for picking off weakened things and other priority users. It also gives him a chance to pull off a late game sweep. Quick Attack is chosen over Pursuit because Tyranitar already fulfills the role of Pursuit trapper. Quick Attack makes hitting water and electric types a lot easier such as Rotom-W. Superpower is there for the predicted switch into Heatran. This guy rightfully deserves to be at the top of OU, I'm not sure if it should consistently be number one though. But it earns a spot on most of my teams.

Conclusion
Well that’s the team. (I'm sure I left something out). Looking back, no matter how much I want to say the team is perfect, it’s not. Strong electric types are extremely annoying and require very smart playing. Rotom-W, Jolteon, Zapdos, and Thundurus-T can all do their fair share of damage. Also Stall teams aren’t very fun to face since I lack a quick boosting attacker. To be more specific Bronzong and Skarmory wall just about everything on this team minus Keldeo. With three choiced mons there is a lot of switching and it also gives the opponent a lot of chances to set up which makes heavy offense and stall even harder to deal with. But there are ways to play around it and with this team I don't believe a spinner is necessary. Regardless, I love this team and just how many different win conditions it has and how it doesn't rely on Trick Room or weather. This team can go for those hundred turn matches if played correctly or end a game in ten turns if everything goes according to plan.

That’s all folks. Thanks for reading. All suggestions are welcome.

Importable
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 64 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 80 SDef / 132 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Roost

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Hey man, I got your PM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, I'd put 100 EVs on Tyranitar's Speed. 100 EVs in Speed allow to outspeed Skarmory and to 2HKO it with Stone Edge. Skarmory is quite problematic for your team because it blocks Landorus-T, Dragonite and Scizor so I think that this change can help you to deal with it. Then, I suggest you to use Psyshock, replacing Psychic on Reuniclus. As you already said, stall teams are a problem for this team and Psyshock allows Reuniclus to be a better wall-breaker because with Psyshock it can hit the special defensive walls like Chansey and Blissey harder. Finally, probably it's mistake but I have to change Scizor's Trait to Technician. It's simple a better Trait to use on Scizor because it increases Bullet Punch and Quick Attack's fire power so I suggest you to use it.

Anyways, cool team! Good luck!

Hey man, I got your PM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, I'd put 100 EVs on Tyranitar's Speed. 100 EVs in Speed allow to outspeed Skarmory and to 2HKO it with Stone Edge. Skarmory is quite problematic for your team because it blocks Landorus-T, Dragonite and Scizor so I think that this change can help you to deal with it. Then, I suggest you to use Psyshock, replacing Psychic on Reuniclus. As you already said, stall teams are a problem for this team and Psyshock allows Reuniclus to be a better wall-breaker because with Psyshock it can hit the special defensive walls like Chansey and Blissey harder. Finally, probably it's mistake but I have to change Scizor's Trait to Technician. It's simple a better Trait to use on Scizor because it increases Bullet Punch and Quick Attack's fire power so I suggest you to use it.

Anyways, cool team! Good luck!
Yeah the Scizor thing was just a mistake, it's supposed to be technician. I like the idea for speed on Tyranitar. Like I said, I have mixed feelings about the whole Psychic/Psyshock thing. But I'll test it more, thanks!

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey uslowbro, nice team!

First of all, as you mentioned, Skarmory is a huge threat to your team, it can wall almost everything on your team with relative ease. There's not much of a way to fix this without changing your team drastically, but I'll try my best. To help remedy this situation a bit, I suggest a spread of 154 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd over your current one on Tyranitar. This allows you to outspeed Skarmory and 2HKO it with Stone Edge. Not only that, but you also outspeed all the pokemon that are trying to speed creep Skarmory (opposing Choice Band Tyranitar, Choice Specs Magnezone, etc, it's a common benchmark.)

I suggest a spread of 252 HP / 52 Def / 80 SDef / 124 Spd over your current one on Dragonite. This is a pretty small spread change, and all it really does is move 8 Speed EVs to Defense, but it serves a good purpose. With Tornadus-T gone there's no need for a spread designed to outspeed Tornadus-T when Dragonite's at +1. The spread I've provided allows you to outspeed Alakazam, who is now the fastest pokemon in OU other than Jolteon, when Dragonite is at +1.

Finally, this is likely a typo, but Technician is the superior ability on Scizor, and you only need 44 Speed EVs on Scizor to outspeed base 70s, so I suggest moving 4 Speed EVs to Special Defense.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

EDIT: Damn, ninja'd by Alexander on the Tyranitar suggestion (and the Technician one, but that was just a typo anyway, so lol), I probably would have posted this before him too, but halfway into this rate I was interrupted for quite a while :( Anyway, I still suggest 104 Speed EVs rather than 100, just because Skarmory really is a common benchmark.

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, i got your request, this team is pretty cool and standard too, but there is some advice that i ve to give you, especially for the weakness to Special Sweepers.

As i told you, you have a big trouble, his name is Special Sweeper. Yuor main weakness are pokemon such as SheerFoceLandorus, NastlyPlotter Thundurus-T, Life Orb Lat Twins and so on, them may give you 6-0 much more easily and the reason is pretty simple, you have not a good tank to switch in, this mainly because you use your only special sponge with an offensive set. You have not much against rain teams, for example Specs Politoed 2Hoko all your team, because your only safe switch, Dragonite, is not so safe if you have Stealth Rock in the field.
These are my suggestions:

• Well, Withot doubt you need something especially against opponents Special Sweepers, and, from the moment that your Dragonite s set probabily work only with the support of Toxic Spikes, or at least with a spinner to abuse of his trait, I d suggest you to run LO/CM Latias>Dragonite. With Latias you have a good way to stop many things, the most importants are SheerLando (especially if has Rock Polish set), Agility/DoubleBooster Thundurus-T and check better generally Water moves, SpecsToed on all, Keldeo Hpump and so on..
    The set I suggest you has an Ev spread of 72HP/184Satk/252Spd Timid Nature and a moveset of Surf/Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Recover. It has a bit bulk more of standard, resist better to above Pokemon and against Sun Teams or with an eventual Clorophyll Venusaur, it may alive to +2 Sludge Bomb life orb and help you to not be sweept.

• But you have not yet resolved the weakness to Special Dragons, Lat Twins on all but Hydreigon or SpecsKingdra too. You have the solution before your eyes, Tyranitar. But It need another set, because right now it could be 2HOKOed by Life Orb Latios, with the 100% of Latias too if you have Stealth Rock in your side. My Idea is to change his Evs Spread to 252HP/64Satk/192SDef Sassy Nature with a moveset of Stealth Rock/Ice Beam/Crunch/Pursuit with Chople Berry. It allow you to perfect conter Lat Twins, trap and pursuit them. Ice Beam and 64 Evs in Satk to HOKO Gliscor, Hit hard some dragon and don t give setupp field to RPLandorus. Crunch the stab against Psichic or Ghost pikes, and Chople Berry to win the 1VS1 against most of them that run Focus Blast or anyway Psichic/Fight Core, such as Reuniclus, Gengar, Alakazam or an eventual Hydreigon. Stealth rock because I gave you a good tank, yes but you lost a good Offender, i think it could be Landorus-T, that with his Attack Stat, is enaugh wasted as setter of SR.

• Well now the team is really solid, but i want to make it a bit more offensive, because you lost Offensive Tar, and, from the moment is a pretty offensive team , i want to help you to not change much more.
    My suggestion is to use Double Booster Landorus-T instead of Defensive set, the most powerful Physical sweeper inb the game imo. You should use 4HP/252Atk/252Spd Jolly Nature, with a moveset of Rock Polish/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sword Dance and Life Orb to give him more immediately damages. It allow you practically to sweep all the metagame, the switch in are the same of a time, but this time you don t use it to setupp with Stealth Rock but to Boost your stat and sweep the opponent.

Hope i helped you ^

Tl;dr

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Landorus-T (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

First of all, as you mentioned, Skarmory is a huge threat to your team, it can wall almost everything on your team with relative ease. There's not much of a way to fix this without changing your team drastically, but I'll try my best. To help remedy this situation a bit, I suggest a spread of 154 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd over your current one on Tyranitar. This allows you to outspeed Skarmory and 2HKO it with Stone Edge. Not only that, but you also outspeed all the pokemon that are trying to speed creep Skarmory (opposing Choice Band Tyranitar, Choice Specs Magnezone, etc, it's a common benchmark.)

I suggest a spread of 252 HP / 52 Def / 80 SDef / 124 Spd over your current one on Dragonite. This is a pretty small spread change, and all it really does is move 8 Speed EVs to Defense, but it serves a good purpose. With Tornadus-T gone there's no need for a spread designed to outspeed Tornadus-T when Dragonite's at +1. The spread I've provided allows you to outspeed Alakazam, who is now the fastest pokemon in OU other than Jolteon, when Dragonite is at +1.
Thanks for the rate. That definitely is nitpicking though. But I really like those small changes. Thanks!

As i told you, you have a big trouble, his name is Special Sweeper. Yuor main weakness are pokemon such as SheerFoceLandorus, NastlyPlotter Thundurus-T, Life Orb Lat Twins and so on, them may give you 6-0 much more easily and the reason is pretty simple, you have not a good tank to switch in, this mainly because you use your only special sponge with an offensive set. You have not much against rain teams, for example Specs Politoed 2Hoko all your team, because your only safe switch, Dragonite, is not so safe if you have Stealth Rock in the field.
These are my suggestions:
Well, Withot doubt you need something especially against opponents Special Sweepers, and, from the moment that your Dragonite s set probabily work only with the support of Toxic Spikes, or at least with a spinner to abuse of his trait, I d suggest you to run LO/CM Latias>Dragonite. With Latias you have a good way to stop many things, the most importants are SheerLando (especially if has Rock Polish set), Agility/DoubleBooster Thundurus-T and check better generally Water moves, SpecsToed on all, Keldeo Hpump and so on..
The set I suggest you has an Ev spread of 72HP/184Satk/252Spd Timid Nature and a moveset of Surf/Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Recover. It has a bit bulk more of standard, resist better to above Pokemon and against Sun Teams or with an eventual Clorophyll Venusaur, it may alive to +2 Sludge Bomb life orb and help you to not be sweept.

But you have not yet resolved the weakness to Special Dragons, Lat Twins on all but Hydreigon or SpecsKingdra too. You have the solution before your eyes, Tyranitar. But It need another set, because right now it could be 2HOKOed by Life Orb Latios, with the 100% of Latias too if you have Stealth Rock in your side. My Idea is to change his Evs Spread to 252HP/64Satk/192SDef Sassy Nature with a moveset of Stealth Rock/Ice Beam/Crunch/Pursuit with Chople Berry. It allow you to perfect conter Lat Twins, trap and pursuit them. Ice Beam and 64 Evs in Satk to HOKO Gliscor, Hit hard some dragon and don t give setupp field to RPLandorus. Crunch the stab against Psichic or Ghost pikes, and Chople Berry to win the 1VS1 against most of them that run Focus Blast or anyway Psichic/Fight Core, such as Reuniclus, Gengar, Alakazam or an eventual Hydreigon. Stealth rock because I gave you a good tank, yes but you lost a good Offender, i think it could be Landorus-T, that with his Attack Stat, is enaugh wasted as setter of SR.

Well now the team is really solid, but i want to make it a bit more offensive, because you lost Offensive Tar, and, from the moment is a pretty offensive team , i want to help you to not change much more.
My suggestion is to use Double Booster Landorus-T instead of Defensive set, the most powerful Physical sweeper inb the game imo. You should use 4HP/252Atk/252Spd Jolly Nature, with a moveset of Rock Polish/Earthquake/Stone Edge/Sword Dance and Life Orb to give him more immediately damages. It allow you practically to sweep all the metagame, the switch in are the same of a time, but this time you don t use it to setupp with Stealth Rock but to Boost your stat and sweep the opponent.
Before I test that out, it it sounds great in theory. But I feel like it will open up a few more holes, namely physical attacker. After I test The Great Might Doom's changes, if that doesn't fix a couple problems then I will definitely consider the big changes you are suggesting. Thanks!

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So pretty much your team is close to being finished, but you have a couple of structural problems, and as Uomo pointed out, you are weak to Special Attack set uppers, specifically RP Landlos and Thund.

• Change the Scizor set to a pivot, which will allow you to take some pressure off of Tyranitar. There's really no reason you should have Choice Band, as you have enough offensive power on the team. You already have Keldeo and Reun to clean up. EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 SpD, Nature: Adamant, Item: Leftovers, Moves: U-Turn / Swords Dance / Roost / Bullet Punch.
  • Change Dragonite to Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B should solve your Thund weakness, while also giving you a switch-in to water-type attacks from rain teams. You didn't previously have that. This will also give you a much needed breaker. You had too many sweepers. Sweepers can't sweep if nothing is broken for them. You should run Fusion Bolt / Substitute / Outrage / Ice Beam.
Everything else is fine. This should solve your Thund, breaker, pivot, and water resistance problems.

Mosquiton

Tette
Ehi Buddy i got your request and i'm here ;)

I see in your team a little weakness to the Lati@s 'cause Scizor don't haven't pursuit and CBTar can runs the risk of getting a 2HKO from latios's surf if it is not at full health so I suggest you to put ChopleTar, in this way you will have a solid switch-in on Lati@s with which manage to make a direct OHKO with Pursuit but also for manage better Gengar that thanks to Chople you take a modest damage from his FocusBlast and consequently be able to make a surprise kill, last slot is for FireBlast to kill Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory to avoid that put in your feld too hazards.
The set is fairly standard: Stealth Rock to have a more solid setter than Landorus, Crunch is the main stab in combo with Pursuit with which many you can trap dangerous threats for facilitate the keldeo's sweep (Lati@s, Celebi, Jellicent and stuff ).
Without Lati@s, Celebi and Jelli on the field, Keldeo has a great opportunity for starts the Hydropumps spam to do a massive damages in the opponent's team.
With the lack of Lati@s you should also make KeldeoSpecs, so you do really great damage to the opponent making it a great Wallbreaker that will allow you to hit hard all of the common walls.
At this point we can use the free slot of Landorus by stealth rock to make it a powerful Wallbreaker to use in combo with Keldeo.
I'm talking about doubleboost Lando make it so you can enjoy a great versatility combined to intimidate you have an easy setup to destroy all types of team you'll find:
if you have to fight against a stall will be sufficient to use sword dance to create huge holes in the opposing team with excellent coverage Rock-Ground which will hit all Pokémon present in the stall at the same time if you have to fight against an offensive team is enaugh will use Rock Polish to make your speed double so that no one can outspeed you and can cleanare the opposing team.
The cherry on the cake is the Yache berry.
With the Yache berry to halve the power of Mamoswine's iceshard taking a half damage in such a way that does not interrupt your sweep.
In essence doubleboost Landorus is a really versatile monster.
Last thing you should ScarfMence Insert instead of SubRoostDnite: yur Nite needs that the team was build around him for guarant the sweep but in your team i don't see the necessary support also carries the sand really bother canceling the recover of leftovers that might not re-active the scale for a few HP, which is 'cause it is better to insert ScarfMence to also have a great revengekiller that your team aquires and thanks to his great ability tha will boost the attack every time that makes a kill give you an excellent oppurtunity to clean all the opponent's team.

Sets:
>ChopleTar set
>SpecsKeldeo over Scarf
>Doublebost Lando
>ScarfMoxieMence over DNite

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Landorus-T (M) @ Yache Berry
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Hey I got your request!

As mentioned electric-types like Rotom-W can give your team a lot of trouble. Rotom-W can hit 3 of your Pokemon super effectively with its stab moves and it can also spread Will-o-Wisp, which can significantly threaten Tyranitar, Scizor Landorus-T and Dragonite. Thunderous-T hits 4 out of 6 super effectively with Thunder / Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice] and outspeeds your whole team after an Agility boost. The fact that it also resists Scizors Bullet Punch makes it hard to revenge kill. Finally Bronzong and Skarmory can wall a lot of your team with their great physical bulk and typing. Infact stall in general is threatening seeing as nothing can really stop Skarmory from phazing your team, you have no spinner and Dragonite weak to Stealth Rock.

To fix your weakness to these special attackers and help you against stall you could use a Sub+CM Latias>Dragonite Latias resists both of Rotom-Ws stabs and can boost her Special Attack and Special Defense on Electric-type attackers like Jolteon, Thunderous-T, Rotom-W. After a few boosts their attacks won't be doing much and you can threaten them with Dragon Pulse. Substitute is a great tool on the set letting Latias avoid status such as Rotom-Ws Will-o-Wisp. This is very useful against stall teams that commonly pack status moves and usually don't have much offense making it easy for Latias to sub up and sweep. If you play right with Latias you can stall out Bronzong's Gyro Ball letting you set up on it easier. Skarmory is still a threat after this change so it should still be dealt with extreme caution. This set preforms quite similar to Dragonite being a bulky, boosting Dragon-type sweeper that utilizes Substitute, so the change shouldn't drastically effect your team.

My only other suggestion is Hidden Power [Fire]>Focus Blast on Reuniclus. This lets you hit Steel-types super effectively like Bronzong and Skarmory. It also makes Reuniclus a very nice Scizor lure. Focus Blast looks kind of redundant with Secret Sword on Keldeo, and Superpower on Tyranitar and Scizor.

Good luck with the team I hope I helped!

Sets

Latias @ Leftovers | Levitate
Timid | 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Substitute | Recover | Dragon Pulse

TL:DR
Sub+DD Dragonite--->Sub+CM Latias

Reuniclus
.Focus Blast---Hidden Power [Fire]

~Superpowerdude

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey,

This is a pretty cool team and there aren't many changes that need to be made. However, I feel that you are not using Dragonite to its fullest potential since you don't have a spinner. I feel like you could make use of an SD YacheChomp in its place. Garchomp is also an effective sweeper and is still quite bulky, but it does not require Rapid Spin support, making it a much better fit on your team. It also has well-needed coverage for Steel-types, which is really helpful since you don't have Magnezone on your team alongside Dragonite. It also helps to lure Mamoswine, which can be really helpful to make Landorus-T and Tyranitar's lives easier.

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck!

Set:

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)