Hyper Offensive Choiced Team. (Peaked #3)

Hyper Offensive Choiced Team

Team at a glance
Hey Smogon. This is my most succesful UU team I have made. It consists of 5 choiced pokemon and my stealth rocker. I've always hated long matches and stall teams. So I thought of why not use a choiced team and see how it goes? After 4 days of battling on PS sever I managed to get to rank #3. I find this team very easy because it consists of 6 pokemon that can deal with UU threats and hitting hard first turn. I hope you enjoy.
Team Building Process​

I started off with Azelf which is my only choiceless pokemon who happens to be my offensive SR.

I chose Mienshao as my choice scarfer because in my opinion mienshao is the best scarfer in UU with it's great coverage move and U-turn access.

I chose Raikou because I think it's the best non SR weak Volt switcher able to handle all the common spinners.

Snorlax is a great banded user able to handle threats like Chandelure and Raikou very threatening pokemon.

Slowbro with Choice specs and Regenerator make it a very poweful tank. It helps my team take fighting hits even without invested in defence.

Rhyperior rounds off my team I have been alternating with Swampert as well but Swampert just not as strong as Rhyperior so I'm leaning toward Rhyperior instead.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball​
It's amazing how this little thing can pack so much damage, it is my stealth rocker and I lead with it most of the time. It's Evs are pretty much standard max out speed and special attack and 4 evs dumped in special defence so the porygons get a attack boost. Stealth rock is a obvious move it's essential for all teams. Psychic is a nice stab move hitting all pokemon hard that don't resist it. Fire blast has nice coverage with Psychic able to hit Bronzong, Shaymin and Weavile if it trys to predict a Fire blast. Shadow Ball rounds of the coverage hitting Slowbro, any ghost types and Xatu if it tries to bounce back my rocks. I find Azelf the best Offensive Stealth rocker in the UU tier.
Possible changes: Swampert is a Pain to my team since I have no grass type moves on any of my pokemon so I could consider Grass Knot over Shadow ball or I could even use Thunderbolt instead so I can hit Houndoom for decent damage instead of Houndoom resist my entire move set. Psyshock is a consideration to hit pokemon like Snorlax and Chansey harder. Also I could try Flamethrower over Fire blast but I enjoy Power over accuracy.

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SDef / 8 Spd / 52 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Crunch​
Snorlax is great able to sponge special hits but can be wear down. It's evs are to max out its attack 52 defence evs let it tank +1 Outrage from Kingdra and take 2 Jolly Outrages from Flygon. The rest of the evs are to speed creep other offensive Snorlax and Slowbro and rest goes in Special defence to take hits better. Return is a poweful base 102 move which allows to 2HKO many physical walls. Pursuit is used on Chandelure mostly which threatens my team and other pokemon such as Azelf and uncommon Mismagius. Earthquake deals super effective damage to all the steel types that resist Snorlax other moves. Crunch is a stronger dark move if the opponent decides not to switch it and it's better to be locked in rather then pursuit.
Possible changes: I could run Body Slam instead of Return to try my luck for paralysis. Superpower could be used over earthquake to hit normals while still being able to hit steels, though Snorlax 2HKO chansey with Return anyways.

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick​
This Slowbro set has been the MVP of my team several time.The evs are pretty standard maxing out it's HP and special attack while 4 ev go into speed to outspeed minimum slowbro and snorlax. Specs Surf 2HKO's many walls that don't resist it. Fire blast deals with the grass types that try to come in. Psyshock can OHKO bulky Roserade and does decent damage against snorlax. Trick is used to cripple walls mostly chansey which is a pain to deal with.
Possible changes: I could use Scald instead of Surf to try to get burn hax which would help out my team taking physical hits. I could try Grass Knot over Trick so I can hit other Slowbros and Swampert super effectively but I find Trick serperior so I can cripple walls.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory​
Raikou is my second choice spec pokemon. Evs are to max out it's special attack and speed. Attack IVs are to the lowest which hidden power ice still has base 70 and minimizes the foul play and confusion damage. Thunderbolt is Raikou strongest move hitting hard. Volt switch is used to create a volt turn core and gets me out of unfavourable situations. Hidden Power Ice deals with Gligar and Flygon which are threats to my team. Extrasensory can hit the Nidos for super effective damage. Raikou can hit the 3 common spinners (Blastoise, Hitmontop, Claydol) for super effective damage 2HKO Hitmontop and Blatoise while 3HKO Claydol
Possible changes: There's not much to change about Raikou except HP Grass could be used over HP Ice to hit Rhyperior and Swampert for super effective damage which is immune to my electric moves.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
Hands down this is Mienshao best set and best choice scarfer in UU! Evs max out it's attack and speed while giving porygons attack boost. High Jump Kick is Mienshao strongest move and with Reckless it can 2HKO many walls and OHKO pokemon such as Flygon and Raikou. Stone Edge is great coverage against flying types that try to resist Hi Jump Kick such as Crobat and Zapdos and 2HKO them. U-turn makes the Volt-turn combo and gives me the momentum. Aerial Ace can take down Heracross which threatens my team very much and other pokemon so I don't have to rely on Hi Jump Kick which can easily turn into Hi Jump Miss.
Possible changes I can try out Regenerator because my team hates hazards but it makes me miss out on keen OHKOs and 2HKOs. Hidden power Ice could replace Aerial Ace but mostly not because it is solely for Heracross.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 Spd / 52 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Ice Punch​
Banded Rhyperior so strong 624 attack right of the bat! The evs max out the attack out speeding Umbreon because Foul play does a lot to most of my team and all of my special attackers can't 2HKO it. Standard EdgeQuake combo hits all pokemon in UU except 4 (Bronzong, Flygon, Virizion, and Claydol). Megahorn is for the Psychic types and Grass types mostly OHKOing and 2HKOing them such as Slowbro, Umbreon, Mew and Shaymin. Ice Punch is for Gligar OHKO after SR or if it takes a little prior damage and can be used to hit Flygon and Shaymin with 100% accuarcy.
Possible changes: I could use Rock blast over Ice punch hitting through subs and has more accuracy then Stone Edge. Swampert is a pokemon that could possibly be used over Rhyperior but Swampert a meh pokemon even with Choice band I feel like it doesn't hit that hard against walls.
Final Glance​

Conclusion​
I really like this team a lot able to hit off the start hard. I'm considering trying out specs shaymin or Roserade but I don't know what to replace and also my team needs priority but I'm not sure what pokemon to use or to replace. Also I could try out another scarfer. I know this team can be better and I would like your guys help to make it even better! Thanks a lot if you read through this all.

Threat List
If Mienshao is taken down might as well say gg.
Rain teams I hate in general mostly Kingdra beacause it can 2HKO my entire team and if Slowbro or Snorlax is not at full HP I will be swept. Oddly enough RD Kingdra I don't see often or rain teams.
It depends if it's defensive or OTR. OTR I can deal with Snorlax sort of and defensive Azelf can take 1 Shadow ball and 2HKO with it's own shadow ball but if I play Snorlax carelessly Cofagrigus can sweep my team.
Only faced this work up Togekiss set once but it is extremely dangerous because Extreme speed can OHKO Raikou, Mienshao and Azelf and if it flinches my Slowbro Rhyperior and Snorlax to death. Usually it'll miss once because of hustle and good thing this set is rare.
This pokemon can tear through my team if it gets up to +2 speed which isn't hard to accomplish. Usually snorlax can take 1 hit from full health and OHKO with a Return and this pokemon is also rare but deadly.

[size=+2]
Importable
[/size]

Snorlax @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SDef / 8 Spd / 52 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 204 Spd / 52 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Ice Punch
Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

ss234

bop.
Hi. This looks like a pretty solid balanced team, with relatively few weaknesses so nice job.

Obviously, Heracross is a huge threat to your team. It can easily 2HKO everything on your team, and can survive a HJK from Mienshao. Your only real answer to it is revenge killing, and at this point Heracross can simply switch out to a counter or something to tank aerial ace, which is incredibly easy to switch into. I could see Scrafty giving you similar troubles, especially the CB variant as that can force out snorlax and 2HKO Slowbro, as well as everything else on your team.

Therefore, I recommend using Nidoqueen over Rhyperior. Nidoqueen is able to cover your weakness to fighting types nicely, serving as an excellent check to Heracross, Mienshao and Scrafty. Nidoqueen can also help buts open walls for Raikou, thanks to its excellent coverage. Although you lose a valuable Raikou counter, the combination of Nidoqueen and Snorlax should be enough to beat them.

I feel that the azelf set is not right for this team either-the sash set is much more effective at stopping stealth rock's from being set as well as setting up your own stealth rocks, as rhyperior now can't simply 1HKO with Megahorn. A set with Psyshock / Grass Knot / Taunt / Stealth Rock would fit best for your team IMO, as Swampert is a major pain to deal with, as you lack grass moves.

Here are the sets:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 156 Spd / 100 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

GL with the team and I hope I helped.

Hi. This looks like a pretty solid balanced team, with relatively few weaknesses so nice job.

Obviously, Heracross is a huge threat to your team. It can easily 2HKO everything on your team, and can survive a HJK from Mienshao. Your only real answer to it is revenge killing, and at this point Heracross can simply switch out to a counter or something to tank aerial ace, which is incredibly easy to switch into. I could see Scrafty giving you similar troubles, especially the CB variant as that can force out snorlax and 2HKO Slowbro, as well as everything else on your team.

Therefore, I recommend using Nidoqueen over Rhyperior. Nidoqueen is able to cover your weakness to fighting types nicely, serving as an excellent check to Heracross, Mienshao and Scrafty. Nidoqueen can also help buts open walls for Raikou, thanks to its excellent coverage. Although you lose a valuable Raikou counter, the combination of Nidoqueen and Snorlax should be enough to beat them.

I feel that the azelf set is not right for this team either-the sash set is much more effective at stopping stealth rock's from being set as well as setting up your own stealth rocks, as rhyperior now can't simply 1HKO with Megahorn. A set with Psyshock / Grass Knot / Taunt / Stealth Rock would fit best for your team IMO, as Swampert is a major pain to deal with, as you lack grass moves.

Here are the sets:
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 156 Spd / 100 HP
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast

GL with the team and I hope I helped.
Thanks for the suggestion Swampert always have been a pain for my team and that set I will try out for sure and I'll see how Nidoqueen goes. Thanks for the rate!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey, I got your request (sorry for the delay, I hadn't got time to do this until today) and I will try to help you cover the weaknesses your team has as well as I can.

The first thing I noticed was the huge weakness your team has to Heracross (specially Choice Scarf versions) as it can easily destroy your team with little to no support, as none of your pokemon can take more than a hit. While I think Silvershadow's suggestions are pretty good, there are other ways to solve the weaknesses your team has. The first one I can think of is replacing Azelf with OTR Cofagrigus and making Rhyperior your Stealth Rock settler (giving up Choice Band for Leftovers, of course). Cofagrigus fits your team pretty well because it checks some of the pokemon that give you trouble, can use Trick Room to help its teammates (mainly Slowbro and Snorlax) to open holes in the opposing team more easily and it also helps against Rain teams thanks to Trick Room.

However, there's also another thing you could do, and that is following Silvershadow's advice of using Nidoqueen instead of Rhyperior, but also replacing Azelf with Shaymin. Shaymin gives you an additional check to Sharpedo, Kingdra and rain teams / water type pokemon in general, which are all troublesome for your team, and also gives you a fast special sweeper that goes in line with the theme of the team (though I suggest not using a Choice item on Shaymin as being locked on a Grass-type move isn't ideal). In case you do this, don't forget using Stealth Rock over one of Nidoqueen's coverage moves.

Shaymin's set:

Shaymin@Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Seed Flare / Earth Power / Psychic / Synthesis or Rest

Good luck, hope I helped!

Hey, I got your request (sorry for the delay, I hadn't got time to do this until today) and I will try to help you cover the weaknesses your team has as well as I can.

The first thing I noticed was the huge weakness your team has to Heracross (specially Choice Scarf versions) as it can easily destroy your team with little to no support, as none of your pokemon can take more than a hit. While I think Silvershadow's suggestions are pretty good, there are other ways to solve the weaknesses your team has. The first one I can think of is replacing Azelf with OTR Cofagrigus and making Rhyperior your Stealth Rock settler (giving up Choice Band for Leftovers, of course). Cofagrigus fits your team pretty well because it checks some of the pokemon that give you trouble, can use Trick Room to help its teammates (mainly Slowbro and Snorlax) to open holes in the opposing team more easily and it also helps against Rain teams thanks to Trick Room.

However, there's also another thing you could do, and that is following Silvershadow's advice of using Nidoqueen instead of Rhyperior, but also replacing Azelf with Shaymin. Shaymin gives you an additional check to Sharpedo, Kingdra and rain teams / water type pokemon in general, which are all troublesome for your team, and also gives you a fast special sweeper that goes in line with the theme of the team (though I suggest not using a Choice item on Shaymin as being locked on a Grass-type move isn't ideal). In case you do this, don't forget using Stealth Rock over one of Nidoqueen's coverage moves.

Shaymin's set:

Shaymin@Life Orb | Natural Cure
Timid Nature | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Seed Flare / Earth Power / Psychic / Synthesis or Rest

Good luck, hope I helped!
Hey thanks for the rate! I'll try out the OTR cofag because I remember in BW days sweeping with it. For Rhyperior I'll probably go with the more offensive approach with SR rather than the Specially defensive rhyperior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)