Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Yes you are allowed to use PP up and PP Max... just use disgression in using them, seeing as they're in pretty low supply in FR/LG.

Also, just to clarify, TMs you can buy in Celadon department store count as items that would be needed to throw away, but TMs from the game corner do not. Basically, anything you can buy for basic money at some point in the game needs to be thrown out. Oh, and you need to empty out your PC too, no hoarding half your items in there to avoid losing them!

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
O.K. Fellow people, I need to get through my Pokemon White 2 file.

Here are the things:
- I can trade, but prefer not to.
- Feel to do any item restrictions
- Please no "Solo X to evolve Y", it takes too much time.
- I will be playing this on Challenge mode so it'll be difficult already, please make it harder.
- If there are temporary challenges, try to limit up to 3 temporary challenges between gym battles.
- Pokemon restrictions may be given, but please limit certain things to moves, nicknames, and ways to use it. If I receive no Pokemon restrictions then I will pick, myself.
- Post-Game Challenges are accepted.
- I'd like to have at least 5 Challenges and at most 20 challenges. (Temporary Challenges Included)
- Be as creative as possible!

Challenges:
- Each Pokemon I use can only fight in 3 Gyms total (No More)
- Each Pokemon's type must be either Normal, Rock, Ground, steel, Poison, Bug, Flying, Ghost and Fighting. Type Combos must be with these types, but moves don't have to be
- I can't have the total weight of my team over 300 pounds in Gyms, the Elite Four, or the PWT.

All that said, have fun!

Bone Dragon, both of Brock's Pokemon must be soloed with different Pokemon.

725roy, your Pokemon can only fight in a maximum of 3 gyms each.

725roy, your gauntlet is that you have to only use pokemon of types that were physical before the type split. Just for reference, those are Normal, Rock, Ground, Steel, Poison, Bug, Flying, Ghost, and Fighting. And Kay to be clear, you may use moves of other types just not pokemon of them. Even if a pokemon has two types, they must both have been physical.

O.K. Fellow people, I need to get through my Pokemon White 2 file.

Here are the things:
- I can trade, but prefer not to.
- Feel to do any item restrictions
- Please no "Solo X to evolve Y", it takes too much time.
- I will be playing this on Challenge mode so it'll be difficult already, please make it harder.
- I will get all challenges before I start playing. Once I have all of the challenges I feel are appropriate, then I will start the challenge.
- Try to limit 3 Challenges between gym battles, and no more than 5 challenges before any gym.
- Pokemon restrictions may be given, but please limit certain things to moves, nicknames, and ways to use it. If I receive no Pokemon restrictions then I will pick, myself.
- Be as creative as possible!

All that said, have fun!
Ding, Ding, Ding!!! We have a winner!! Tell him what he's won!!

You have won the "Weight Challange!!"

In this challange, you will be required to never carry pokemon into gyms unless their total weight is under 300lbs!! This also applies to the E4 and the PWT!!

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Here's what I've got so far in terms of challenges!

- Each Pokemon's type must be either Normal, Rock, Ground, steel, Poison, Bug, Flying, Ghost and Fighting. Type Combos must be with these types, but moves don't have to be
- I can't have the total weight of my team over 300 pounds in Gyms, the Elite Four, or the PWT.
- Beat Drayden with Steel Types, Dragon or Ice moves
- No Guides are allowed while playing through

Keep them coming :)

Here's what I've got so far in terms of challenges!

- I can't have any pokemon over 300 pounds in Gyms, the Elite Four, or the PWT.

Keep them coming :)
To clarify, he said the TOTAL weight, as in the wieght of all the Pokemon you bring into your gym added together. Believe me, I know, he gave me the same challenge months ago :P.

before I give out my own challenge I ask that you clarify something. This point in your first post...

- Try to limit 3 Challenges between gym battles, and no more than 5 challenges before any gym.
Is confusing and unclear. It does not seem to place any limit on the number of full-game challenges you're taking, which is something we NEED to know so we know when to stop giving you them. Secondly what it's saying about temporary challenges is very unclear.

Basically, please just reword that and maybe I can figure out what type of challenge I'm supposed to be giving you. It's standard to set a number of challenges you are going to receive at the start, rather than place a maximum number you will take and just cutting it off when you feel comfortable or something. It's very confusing when you do it like this.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
To clarify, he said the TOTAL weight, as in the wieght of all the Pokemon you bring into your gym added together. Believe me, I know, he gave me the same challenge months ago :P.

before I give out my own challenge I ask that you clarify something. This point in your first post...

Is confusing and unclear. It does not seem to place any limit on the number of full-game challenges you're taking, which is something we NEED to know so we know when to stop giving you them. Secondly what it's saying about temporary challenges is very unclear.

Basically, please just reword that and maybe I can figure out what type of challenge I'm supposed to be giving you. It's standard to set a number of challenges you are going to receive at the start, rather than place a maximum number you will take and just cutting it off when you feel comfortable or something. It's very confusing when you do it like this.
Fixed to the ability you requested. Hope you think of something creative. :)

I will be doing a medium difficulty gauntlet of diamond on an emaluator with access to poke gen so I'm not restricted by trading

I want 2 full game challenges and two challenges that last until the fen badge and two challenges after that

It is going up to when the credits roll for the first time which is after cynthia

Challenges so far :

thesynchrohero, your starter has a fear of darkness, and as such refuses to fight in any cave or cavern-like area. (In other words, your starter can't be used in Rugged Path, Wayward Cave, Solaceon Ruins, Iron Island, Mt. Coronet, or Victory Road.) Naix, though I will probably ditch my starter.

thesynchrohero, your team must at all times be a mono-colour team. I'll be gracious and say you can change the colour whenever you like. cantab
I am not accepting challenges that effect what types I am allowed to use and while solo X is fine solo 100 bidoofs is not.

thesynchrohero, your starter has a fear of darkness, and as such refuses to fight in any cave or cavern-like area. (In other words, your starter can't be used in Rugged Path, Wayward Cave, Solaceon Ruins, Iron Island, Mt. Coronet, or Victory Road.)

thesynchrohero, your starter has a fear of darkness, and as such refuses to fight in any cave or cavern-like area. (In other words, your starter can't be used in Rugged Path, Wayward Cave, Solaceon Ruins, Iron Island, Mt. Coronet, or Victory Road.)
You missed an area and I'm not going to point it out. Accepted

You missed an area and I'm not going to point it out. Accepted
That's irrelevant, what he listed were EXAMPLES. The restriction was "any cave or cavern-like area". Abusing loopholes is one thing, but reinterpreting the rules to your advantage is another.

@725Roy

You are challenged to beat Drayden without using any steel type Pokemon, Dragon type moves or Ice type moves. Basically, no type advantages; just brute strength. Good luck! You'll need it... unless you over-level like crazy which is just taking all the fun out of it for yourself.

EDIT: @Celever
He said he wanted it hard :P I can see a few ways to do it myself already, so don't be so quick to dismiss it as impossible!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Jimera! That's mean! I only just beat Drayden this morning, and that's because everything kept dieing except for my skarmory and aggron, which are steel type!
Good luck 725Roy, you'll definitely have fun with that challenge.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Jimera! That's mean! I only just beat Drayden this morning, and that's because everything kept dieing except for my skarmory and aggron, which are steel type!
Good luck 725Roy, you'll definitely have fun with that challenge.
I've done it before without Steel types, I can do it again XD The hard part's going to be doing it without Dragon or Ice moves

725roy, your restriction is that you're not allowed to use game guides or reference sites or programs to help you.

thesynchrohero, your team must at all times be a mono-colour team. I'll be gracious and say you can change the colour whenever you like.

725roy, your restriction is that you're not allowed to use game guides or reference sites or programs to help you.

thesynchrohero, your team must at all times be a mono-colour team. I'll be gracious and say you can change the colour whenever you like.
If I can catch pokemon not of that color but just not battle with them I accept, otherwise no.

Hello again, I finished Chapter 1 of my LeafGreen Gauntlet! I need a challenge for the next area up until the defeat of Misty!

Chapter 1
Against my better judgement, I went with Bulbasaur (Tallon IV) because it is my personal favorite to use, and I honestly don't mind the fact that I can't use Poison moves on it. I caught a Ratatta (Hillock) to use an an HM slave later on, and a Mankey (Polydeuces) on the route west of Viridian City. I fought my rival (who I named "Ying!") and beat him with relative ease, despite Mankey and Bulbasaur being levels 3 and 8, respectively. You have Leech Seed to thank for that. Viridian Forest was a bit annoying, as I had to keep going back to the PokeCenter every few trainers to refill my PP. I went into Brock's domain with both Bulbasaur and Mankey being level 10. The latter took out Brock's Geodude with a few Low Kicks while Bulbasaur one-shotted Onix with a Vine Whip. With NoPe's new running shoes in tow, she looks to the east towards the towering Mount Moon.

Refresher of the Challenges thus far:

Whole-Game rules:
-I must play as if all of my moves have half as much PP as they do (rounded up). Breaking this limit requires me to discard every item in my bag and PC that can be bought at a Pokemart or Department Store.
-I may not use Poison or Psychic-type moves in battle
-I may not use the following moves in battle: Pain Split, Pay Day, Peck, Perish Song, Petal Dance, Pin Missle, Pound, Powder Snow, Present, Protect, Psych Up, Pursuit

First Gym Challenge: Solo each of Brock's Pokemon with two different Pokemon

Alright, for nostalgia's sake I am replaying Emerald.
Trade: Can't.
Difficulty: Hard.
Challenge updates: Gyms (up to 3 new challenges per badge -> permanent/whole game + temp).
EDIT: Maximum of 12 challenges for the whole game

Current challenges:
250lbs weight limit for entire team when entering a gym and 330lbs for E4. (King Serperior)
Only use Pokemon that evolve 2 times, but to never evolve them past their 2nd form. (Jimera0)

Alright, for nostalgia's sake I am replaying Emerald.
Trade: Can't.
Difficulty: Hard.
Challenge updates: Gyms (up to 3 new challenges per badge).
Because I am lazy and I know you can't weight to get challenges, I will make sure that you can't enter any gym unless your entire team's weight is under 250lbs. When you get to the E4, your limit is 330lbs.

Good Luck.

@SMZ

You are challenged to only use Pokemon that evolve 2 times, but to never evolve them past their 2nd form.

Good luck and enjoy your Middle Cup challenge!

EDIT: Also, someone needs to give Bone Dragon another Challenge (That can be enacted before Misty). Just thought I'd repost it here in case anyone missed it in Bone Dragon's post. I'd rather not give Bone Dragon ANOTHER challenge just yet.

Alright so far 2 challenges for Stone Badge (room for one more challenge and then I'll start the playthrough).
A restriction I'd like to add is a maximum of 12 challenges for the whole game.

@SMZ

You are challenged to only use Pokemon that evolve 2 times, but to never evolve them past their 2nd form.

Good luck and enjoy your Middle Cup challenge!

EDIT: Also, someone needs to give Bone Dragon another Challenge (That can be enacted before Misty). Just thought I'd repost it here in case anyone missed it in Bone Dragon's post. I'd rather not give Bone Dragon ANOTHER challenge just yet.
I'll make one up. Need a few moments
Alright so far 2 challenges for Stone Badge (room for one more challenge).
A restriction I'd like to add is a maximum of 12 challenges for the whole game.
My challange was a "whole game" challange.....It's designed to be harder as the game prohresses

I'll make one up. Need a few moments

My challange was a "whole game" challange.....It's designed to be harder as the game prohresses
Yeah I know. By Stone Badge I meant so far (as I restricted challenges in general to be 3 per badge, thus increase with progress, guess should have clarified the 3 new challenges per badge include both temp and permanent ones).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)