Black & White Battle Subway Records (now with gen. 4 records!)

I don't see Follow Me on Pikachu's move list, and even if a Follow Me Pikachu can be imported, Lightning Rod Pikachu is an event pokemon, so the Follow Me Pikachu you import would just have Static. You'd have to be able to breed Follow Me onto Lightning Rod Pikachu, and although Lightning Rod Pikachu is female and Breedable, Follow Me is not an egg move for Pikachu.
Hm that's true.
I forgot that LightingRod is a DreamWorld ability ..I'm sorry :(

@Jokethe1 Amoongus would be interesting, it would probably need a focus sash to guarantee Clamperl gets atleast one Shell Smash, Dry Skin Toxicroak could be a good second partner. I'd like to play this team some time, it looks fun, I've been taking the subway too seriously lately.

@Jokethe1 Amoongus would be interesting, it would probably need a focus sash to guarantee Clamperl gets atleast one Shell Smash, Dry Skin Toxicroak could be a good second partner. I'd like to play this team some time, it looks fun, I've been taking the subway too seriously lately.

Good luck and I hope you have fun with the team :D

Awesome streak! I remember trying Gravity once but it didn't work out so it's nice to see it working for someone else.

Do you think Heatran could make a good replacement for Metagross? It deals with Bug, Ghost and Dark reasonably well, and it learns Heat Wave/Fire Blast (Magma Storm?!?) to deal with Escavalier and Scizor. If you like, it even learns Earth Power for Electric types, although I wouldn't exactly call Heatran a reliable counter to Electric types.

Only you know if losing Metagross will ruin the team or not (e.g. Heatran has no priority moves, unlike Metagross), but if you have a Heatran with good IVs and nature it might be worth a try.
Thanks!

Hmm I hadn't considered Heatran since I've gone so long without access to a good one, though now I do in White 2. He might be able to at least somewhat deal with things like Jolteon/Raikou since he has nice special bulk, but you're right in that he's not a sure-fire way to handle them. My biggest concern is his 4x weakness to ground which can't be alleviated with Air Balloon. Though I could run Protect to help that a bit, plus Starmie stomps ground types. Definitely worth a try!

I would run ChoiceScarf Heatran for some silly reason..

- Snibunna would be a big threat for Starmie and with Scarf you'll be faster and kill it with a fire move
- Raikou is a big threat and I think you'll lose mostly the speedie against timid Raikou
- Easily kills Aerodactyl ( which could maybe be a danger with flinch RockSlides)
- Outspeed Alakazam which could be another problem because it outspeeds your whole team with timid nature but thanks to Scarf Heatran which clears the Alakazam

A good moveset is in my opinion:

Heatran
Nature - Item: Timid - ChoiceScarf
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 196 Speed & 60 Attack
Moves: HeatWave, Explosion, EarthPower, FlashCannon/HP Grass

196 Speed Ev's for 134 Speed to reach with the ChoiceScarf 201 Speed. Max Speed isn't important because you won't outspeed Timid Electrode even if you have max Speed Heatran.

Hope I could help you.

Btw how far are you with your DoubleSubway team Jumpman?

On the multi train different players are allowed to let their Pokemon hold an item that the other player's Pokemon is holding. So I assume two players can also enter same Pokemon. If not then ignore this post. I thought of a team that could do well:

Durant @Choice Scarf
Truant, Jolly (252 Spe, 252 Att)
-Entrainment
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
-Protect

Durant @Choice Scarf
Truant, Jolly (252 Spe, 252 Att)
-Entrainment
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
-Protect

Dragonite@Leftovers
Multiscale, Adamant(204hp, 252atk, 24 def, 30 spdef)
-Dragon Dance
-Protect
-Dragon Claw
-Sub

Dragonite@Leftovers
Multiscale, Adamant(204hp, 252atk, 24 def, 30 spdef)
-Dragon Dance
-Protect
-Dragon Claw
-Sub

Copy and pasted those from other streaks. But basically first turn double Entrain, second turn switch both Durant out, then set up and Protect every other turn. I would've tried the team but I don't have 2 DSs. So I thought I'd post the idea for anyone else who wants to try. Fake Out would probably ruin the team.

On the multi train different players are allowed to let their Pokemon hold an item that the other player's Pokemon is holding. So I assume two players can also enter same Pokemon. If not then ignore this post. I thought of a team that could do well:
This is unfortunately not the case - 2 players cannot enter the same Pokemon. I had high hopes of trying a double Storm Drain Gastrodon team in multi...

And the idea of Choice Scarf Heatran is interesting, though I'm not so sure about Explosion (and thus, the attack EVs). I believe even if I were to explode and KO the opponent's remaining Pokemon, I would still lose (if Heatran was my last Pokemon). Plus with its nerf, I'm not sure how effective it would really be. I'm also a bit concerned with a Choice user in the back who likes to use fire attacks - it's risky if I'm forced to send out Heatran w/o any switch-ins and the opponent has an unrevealed Flash Fire Pokemon in the back. However, I do like the speed, so it's definitely something I'd look into.

Whimiscott@Focus Sash
Jolly(252hp, 38 def, 220 spe)
Ability: Prankster
-Taunt
-Encore
-Knock Off
-Memento

Durant@Choice Scarf
Jolly(252 atk, 18 Def, 240 spe)
Ability: Truant
-Entrainment
-Superpower
-Protect
-Sandstorm

Dragonite@Leftovers
Adamant(204hp, 252atk, 24 def, 30 spdef)
Ability: Multiscale
-Dragon Dance
-Protect
-Dragon Claw
-Sub
Hey, not sure anyone noticed but unless the IVs aren't perfect, the Durant and Dragonite's EVs are dodgy. The Dragonite has a useless 4 EVs in defense and the Durant has a useless 4 in defense and speed. Also, I'm pretty sure only 228 EVs in speed are required to outspeed the entire subway

It's good to be back again seeing new stuff on Smogon after quitting for more than a year. I decided to play subway singles again. I'm currently at 200+ wins and still going. I hope I don't mess up or something.

Here's my team.

Thundurus @ Focus Sash
EV's: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Ability: Prankster

Moveset:
Taunt
Thunderwave
Knock Off
Rain Dance

Rain Dance is added to prevent those hail and sandstorm teams, as it prevents Dragonite's multiscale. Thunderwave is also included to cripple opponent's pokes which is really good to make sure Durant's Entrainment will be successful.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 252 HP / 18 Sp.Def / 240 Speed
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Truant

Moveset:
X-scissor
Iron Head
Rock Slide
Entrainment

Other moves are just basically filler.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 30 Sp. Def
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Multiscale

Moveset:
Dragon Claw
Dragon Dance
Substitute
Protect

Gonna continue with my run tonight and see how far I'd go, though I'm thinking of replacing Dragonite with a different sweeper. Probably Salamence or Latios but I don't really know yet... We'll see.

Gonna continue with my run tonight and see how far I'd go, though I'm thinking of replacing Dragonite with a different sweeper. Probably Salamence or Latios but I don't really know yet... We'll see.

I don't want to disturb you but in my opinion it's boring to sweep EVERYTIME with the same pokes...ok they are pretty good but what is with something like that:

Crawdaunt:
Nature & Item: Adamant - ??? (WideLens/Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 HP & 252 Attack & 4 Defense
Moves: Crunch, DragonDance, Protect, Sub/Waterfall

Crunch hits all types.The rest is obviously.Biggest counter could be Steelix and Cobalion (+6 Crunch does on Impish Steelix with 252 HP & 252 Defense ev's 43% - 46% damage with Waterfall OHKO if it won't have Sturdy, +6 Crunch on Cobalion with 252 HP & 252 SpDefense ev's will do 27% - 31% damage and Waterfall would be a easily OHKO ).

What you can do against this pokes?

Sacrifire Thundurus (if it is alive) set up again with Durant (if you use the set with Sub)
The second set with Waterfall will handle against these pokes

I don't want to disturb you but in my oppinion it's boring to sweep EVERYTIME with the same pokes...ok they are pretty good but what is with something like that:

Crawdaunt:
Nature & Item: Adamant - ??? (WideLens/Leftovers)
Ev's: 252 HP & 252 Attack & 4 Defense
Moves: Crunch, DragonDance, Protect, Sub/Waterfall

Crunch hits all types.The rest is obviously.Biggest counter could be Steelix and Cobalion (+6 Crunch does on Impish Steelix with 252 HP & 252 Defense ev's 43% - 46% damage with Waterfall OHKO if it won't have Sturdy, +6 Crunch on Cobalion with 252 HP & 252 SpDefense ev's will do 27% - 31% damage and Waterfall would be a easily OHKO ).

What you can do against this pokes?

Sacrifire Thundurus (if it is alive) set up again with Durant (if you use the set with Sub)
The second set with Waterfall will handle against these pokes
Thanks for the suggestion! Gonna try this.

Thanks for the suggestion! Gonna try this.
I'm really happy that you are trying that set! I wish you good luck!!
I would use a Truant-Team too but at the moment I don't have Wi-fi and in the next few months too only with a AR I'm able to get Entrainment Durant with Truant..

I'm still grumpy that Slaking didn't get a DW ability, which inevitably leads me to thinking of all the awesome abilities it could have. While thinking about said abilities I got even more grumpy due to the fact that only Grass types get Chlorophyll. So how do I resolve this grumpiness? With theorymon. Enter my idea for a potential doubles team.

DroughtTales partnered with Leavanny and two dangerous back-up mons. So how does Slaking fit in? Use Entrainment with Leavanny on Slaking to give it Chlorophyll!! Except Entrainment doesn't work on mons with Truant. I hate Game Freak T_T

The principal remains interesting though. The potential recipients of Chlorophyll would need to be able to hold their own even without the increased speed and should benefit from Sun regardless. Heatran is a prime candidate for one slot and I'm even considering Intimidate Arcanine. Garchomp would also be a beast even if it doesn't benefit directly from Sun. So many options....

I'm still grumpy that Slaking didn't get a DW ability, which inevitably leads me to thinking of all the awesome abilities it could have. While thinking about said abilities I got even more grumpy due to the fact that only Grass types get Chlorophyll. So how do I resolve this grumpiness? With theorymon. Enter my idea for a potential doubles team.

DroughtTales partnered with Leavanny and two dangerous back-up mons. So how does Slaking fit in? Use Entrainment with Leavanny on Slaking to give it Chlorophyll!! Except Entrainment doesn't work on mons with Truant. I hate Game Freak T_T

The principal remains interesting though. The potential recipients of Chlorophyll would need to be able to hold their own even without the increased speed and should benefit from Sun regardless. Heatran is a prime candidate for one slot and I'm even considering Intimidate Arcanine. Garchomp would also be a beast even if it doesn't benefit directly from Sun. So many options....

Chlorophyll Venusaur pretty good too with Drought Ninetales

Chlorophyll Venusaur pretty good to with Drought Ninetales
Venusaur would be an ideal fourth teammate but unfortunately I don't have access to one (no wifi right now). As it is I'm about to snap my DS out of frustration trying to get hold of a Drought Vulpix...

Taking a short break from Singles as Truant honestly starts
to get a little bit boring and I still like Doubles more.

Musharna (F) @ Lum Berry ** Sabrina
EV's: 252 HP / 124 Def / 126 Sp.Def / 8 Sp.Atk
IV's: 31/24/31/31/31/00
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Telepathy

~ Psychic
~ Trick Room
~ Energy Ball
~ Helping Hand

Ralts (M) @ Focus Sash ** Supernova
EV's: 255 Atk / 255 Sp.Atk
IV's: 00/31/00/31/00/00
Stats: 88/77/30/106/40/40
Nature: Quiet

~ Protect
~ Imprison
~ Trick Room
~ Destiny Bond

Heatran (M) @ Iron Ball ** ヒードラン
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 6 Sp.Def
IV's: 31/06/31/31/31/00
Stats: 198/98/126/200/127/37*
Ability: Flash Fire

~ Protect
~ Eruption
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse

Snorlax (M) @ Normal Gem ** Notorious
EV's: 14 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Def / 180 Sp.Def
IV's: 31/31/31/05/31/00
Stats: 237/178/93/72/153/31
Ability: Thick Fat

~ Crunch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Earthquake
~ Selfdestruct

I RNG't this team yesterday (Aside from Heatran) and it is really fun!
Battles go very fast and Ralts does what I want it to do.
I ran Ally Switch + Heal Pulse over Imprison + Trick Room first until I faced Slowbro/King leads twice which will continue to restore the Twisted Dimensions.
I may give Bronzong a try over Musharna and let you guys know!

I might give this a try too over Ralts:

Cacnea (M) @ Focus Sash ** Opuntia
Stats: 110/137/45/150/45/36
Ability: Sand Veil

~ Protect
~ Giga Drain
~ Destiny Bond
~ Sucker Punch

~ Psychic
~ Trick Room
~ Energy Ball
~ Helping Hand

~ Protect
~ Imprison
~ Trick Room
~ Destiny Bond

~ Protect
~ Eruption
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse

~ Crunch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Earthquake
~ Selfdestruct

I ran Ally Switch + Heal Pulse over Imprison + Trick Room first until I faced Slowbro/King leads twice which will continue to restore the Twisted Dimensions.

~ Protect
~ Giga Drain
~ Destiny Bond
~ Sucker Punch

I would use Whimsicott over Ralts because it's more usefull because a awesome crippler ( I guess you know that ) and with FakeTears Heatran will be able to make lot of damage with Eruption and with SunnyDay you are able to remove Sandstorm and will bost the fire attacks from Heatran. In my opinion a TrickRoom Whimsicott look like this:

Whimsicott
Nature & Item: Timid - HeatRock/SitrusBerry
Ev's: 252 HP & 220 Speed & 38 Defense
Moves: TrickRoom, SunnyDay, FakeTears/Taunt, Encore/Endeavor/ Memento

Btw I guess you have forgot the stats of Musharna ;)

Trick Room still has low priority and you are tauntable
Taunable is true but I only mean if someone will use Taunt on Whimsicott it will be faster and set up the TrickRoom savely. And I'm not sure about a "low priority" if TrickRoom is up. I think priority attacks will start at first with Prankster with or without TrickRoom.

I don't get the point. Even with Prankster, Trick Room is at -6 priority so Whimsicott can still be Taunted and unable to get TR up.

Battle Subway Double Record: 644

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
IVs: 0/31/0/0/0/31
EVs: 255 Spe, 255 Atk
- Fake Out
- Protect
- Helping Hand
- Spore

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs: 31/2/31/30/31/31
EVs: 6 Hp, 248 SpA, 4SpD, 252 Spe
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power (Grass)

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Metagross @ Steel Gem
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
IVs: 31/31/31/31/xx/31
EVs: 6 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Lvl 1 Endeavor is dead but the AI is still dumb. Smeargle is interchangeable with anything squishy that learns Fake Out/Protect/Helping Hand/Filler, the other three big blue 155hp pokemon are the heart of the team.

Simple concept, abuse AI targeting KO-able Pokemon to let Blastoise kill everything with Water Spout. Blastoise has better typing+defenses for Water Spout abuse. Eruption spam fire types annoyingly vulnerable to Earthquake/Rock Slide. Also Metagross replacements for Eruption teams are disappointing. Smeargle is the best bait out of over a dozen tried, honorable mention to Lightningrod Pichu/Pikachu. Latios and Metagross are the best all-around doubles subway Pokémon. Movesets are doubles standards. Steel gem is great for revenge kills, Air Balloon really isn't needed.

Legends, ice, electric/steel, rain dance, and trick room are troublesome. Water absorb and dry skin are a pain.

Best streak ended over 600 wins again due to gameboy power failure. Still want to get four digits and think this team can get there.

Prompted to post by the bait pokemon discussion. Options examined, among others:

Protect->Dive/Dig: Carvanha, Sharpedo, Ninjask (Earthquake immune!)
Fake Out->Protect: Pichu, Pikachu, Makuhita, Tyrogue, Chimchar, Sableye
Protect +Trick Room: Trapinch, Solosis, Duosion

Basically, anything on this list: http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/search?move=Protect&move=Fake+Out&move=@us,move:Helping+Hand&move= with Protect/Fake Out/Helping hand is pretty good. Smeargle's biggest flaws: only 75 base speed and Normal typing means Froslass goes with Blizzard over Shadow Ball.
I tried 3 times with Smeargle before I got fed up. First time: Froslass outspeeds and freezes Entei with Blizzard, 2nd time, again Froslass outspeeds and freezes Entei, and third time Tyranitar owns me, can’t remember exactly how. Note that all these tries lasted under 21, and I didn’t even want to try again after that.

D'oh! even though I lost those streaks to hax I tried Smeargle again and got my 4th Starf Berry and lost soon after, I will probably post my team when I beat my previous streak, I've been trying Prankster Purrloin (Fake Out, Sunny Day, Fake Tears, Protect) but because it mostly supports Eruption it didn't help other teammates, Smeargle is better.

~ Psychic
~ Trick Room
~ Energy Ball
~ Helping Hand

~ Protect
~ Imprison
~ Trick Room
~ Destiny Bond

~ Protect
~ Eruption
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse

~ Crunch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Earthquake
~ Selfdestruct

~ Protect
~ Giga Drain
~ Destiny Bond
~ Sucker Punch

Try Tyrogue: Fake Out/Protect/Helping Hand/Taunt? I liked Zong over Musharna but never had much luck with Trick Room + bait in general.

Purrloin is interesting mostly for priority encore, fastest fake out is a bonus. Encore should be on any Purrlion set. I really hate those stupid froslasses using blizzard, but smeargle with spore is so useful.

Still plugging away with the old team slowly. Nice to see new posts. First set with all 28 kills going to blastoise the other day!

Try Tyrogue: Fake Out/Protect/Helping Hand/Taunt? I liked Zong over Musharna but never had much luck with Trick Room + bait in general.

Purrloin is interesting mostly for priority encore, fastest fake out is a bonus. Encore should be on any Purrlion set. I really hate those stupid froslasses using blizzard, but smeargle with spore is so useful.

Still plugging away with the old team slowly. Nice to see new posts. First set with all 28 kills going to blastoise the other day!
I noticed Tyroque but it isn't nearly as good as Ralts in a team like mine.
Ralts takes the "slowest" Pokémon down with it most times, which is something Tyroque can't. I also like to believe that Imprison + Trick Room is better than Encore + Taunt as there are situations were both leading opponents may carry Trick Room (Note that TR Pokés target Ralts on turn 1 but try to restore the Dimension on turn 2).

I've been thinking about Bronzong lately but I'm somewhat scared for Entei and Tyhlosion's Eruption and STAB Heat Wave CH's..

But I'm still tweaking the team and testing different physical sweepers. Yesterday I did 4 streaks with Cresselia/Ralts/Swampert/Heatran which went fine but it still has it's flaws. I have more stuff writen down that might work or will be fun to use at least (Slowking/DW Cacturne back up).

Your Blastoise team seems fun too! Good luck with it and thanks for reading my post.

I had a really cool idea in the last time....

I was thinking about Amoonguss instead of Smeargle. It resists the weaknesses of Blastoise. It has a really low speed but really usefull against TrickRoom pokes. It learns Spore and the important move GastroAcid for WaterAbsorb and DrySkin pokes. Blizzard is still a danger but with Metgross with BulletPunch Blizzard is better to handle. Maybe a set would look like this in my opinion:

Amoonguss
Nature & Item: Sassy - FocusSash
Ev's: 252 HP & 200 Defense & 58 Defense
Moves: RagePower, Spore, Protect, GigaDrain/Sludgebomb/GastroAcid

For Latios I would replace Manetric with LightingRod. Absorbs all electric attacks which would hit Blastiose super-effective or hit Metagross hard and raises his own Sp.Attack to hit harder with STAB Thunderbolt. I would give a Scarf and Switcheroo. Switcheroo is usefull if I would trick my own Metagross to outspeed more dangerous pokes and going to finish them before they would finish me. Manetric has with max Timid nature 172 which is a lot. ScarfChomp is still a danger but with a combination of HP Ice from Manetric and BulletPunch from Metagross it isn't a huge threat anymore. RainDance is possible to support WaterSpout (and will give Thunder a 100% chance to hit but in my opinion Thunderbolt is better). Flamethrower/Overheat for Ice and Grass pokes. Except for Abomasnow and Sceptile.

Manetric
Nature & Item: Timid - Choice Scarf
Ev's: 252 Sp.Attack & 252 Speed & 4 HP
Moves: Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Switcheroo, Flamethrower/Overheat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)