Never Melt Ice ou Sun team starign kyruem-b and volcanora

Welcome to never melt ice inspired by seth vilo of mogon and his idea to team up volcanora with kyruem-b and frist try will be on a sun team, then a rain team.

ninetales@leaftovers

timid
252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
sunny day
flamethrower
roar
wil-o-wisp

bog standard defensive nintales, i need sunlight up pretty much all the time and this is the set to do it, cripple counter, live longish, sr won't be a problem with donphan and espeon making ssure they are off the field so ninetales will ahve breathing room from hazards.

Kyruem-b@leaftovers

lonely
56 HP / 76 Atk / 140 SAtk / 236 Spd
Substitute
Fusion Bolt
Dragon Claw
Earth Power

Kyurem-b the star of the show, his stats with this spread reahc mamouth proportiobns 405 HP / 435 Atk / 212 Def / 311 SpA / 216 SpD / 285 Spe to be specific, which is, insane. Kyurem-b is here to beta the thing's volcanora hates for the most part such as heatran and the thing about kyruem-b is switch out on it is a complete no no at times, because anything that switches in is comming in for some seriosu hurt if you predict wrong. leaftovers makes sure i am living longer and i still net ko's on thing's like choice poli, dragon claw is simple to cause pain and anguish, ice beam was origonally seth's idea but with venasaur and volcanora handling hippowdon and pals easily enough, i just want to cause pain, especially to the pink blobs who could cause problems.

Volcanora@leaftovers

bold
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
firey dance
quiver dance
roost
bug buzz

kyurems rather bulky counter part, volcanora is here to act as the yang to kyruem-b's vin, scior no problems, whats that jirachi threatening kyruem??? pah it's set up bait. The more bulkier set is chosen as i expect a lot of switchign at times before the death of threats to kyurem and volcanora have died and it's time for them to set up and or sweep.

Venasaur@life orb

niave
80attack 176 special attack 252speed
Giga drain
hp ice
growth
Earthquake

Say hell to the supporter of my volrem core, venasaur, he is a priemier sun sweeper also to boot. Thanks to blistering speed in the sun and sleep powder if there is athreat that the team has trouble with he simply shuts them down with sleep powder, hippowdown or rian sweepers causing bo trouble venasaur take son rotom-w and poli like a champ and basically he glues the team together.

donphan@leftovers

impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Attack
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
ice shard

Donphan is here to do multiple thing's, check tyranitar, terrakion ect, rappid spin set up SR and really he was the bets one for it an dunlike fortress eh is not complete set up bait.
The ste is simply a bulky defensive ste again as i need him to take the odd bit of abuse at times. Knock off is there to get rid of unwnated items on pokemon switching in or scarf users to cripple thm for the rets of the team to take advanatge of.

Espeon@ soft clay

timid
252 Hp / 252 Spe / 6 SpAtt
Psychic
Light screen
Reflect
Hp fire

I was thinking xatu here, but i did not want to be trampled by terrkion completely so espeon was chosen as a duel screens user to amke life much easier for the team and she is fast enough to set up on a wie varity of threats and most importantly she stops deoyxs-d, frotress ect dead and can easily prevent the cripplign Sr set up on me.

Hey there.

This is a good start to a solid sun team, but there are a few problematic Pokémon to your team that will make it troublesome to be successful. The first is the common Special Landorus. He simply rips you apart with his Life Orb + Sheer Force boosted Earth Powers. Dragon-types in general give you problems since you lack a good answer to them. Special Dragon's in particular can just spam Draco Meteor and basically win. Opposing Volcarona can sweep you, and opposing Heatran, Venusaur, Victini, and Fire-types in general will make you cry. Without making too drastic of changes, I really would recommend an Air Balloon on Volcarona. This at least gives you a way to check Special Landorus as it resists all its other common moves. To help against opposing sun teams and to check opposing Heatran, try out Choice Band Snorlax instead of Espeon. Espeon seems fairly redundant and doesn't provide much to the team. Snorlax, however, can check opposing Lati@s, Venusaur, Volcarona, etc. and can even Pursuit opposing Politoed making it easier to win the weather war. With a Choice Band and huge Special Defense, Snorlax fits well on your team. Lastly, you really must try out Ice Shard on Donphan instead of Knock off. This gives you a decent way of checking Dragons with Donphan's great bulk, and it is one of the easiest way to fit an Ice-type move on your team. Anyways, that should cover most of your major threats without drastically changing your team. Here's the set. Good luck.

Snorlax (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit

Hello man I got your VM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, your team has a big weakness to dragon-types like Dragonite, Salamence and Latios and to Rock Polish Landorus. If Dragonite uses Dragon Dance or Landorus uses Rock Polish, they can smash your team very easily. Also, your team hasn't a revenge-killer to deal setupper stronger. Therefore, I suggest you to use Choice Scarf Latias, replacing Kyurem-B. Latias is a very good revenge-killer thanks to her high speed and it can also resist to Rock Polish Landorus' attacks so she would work very well in your team. Then, your team is weak to Heatran because it blocks Ninetales, Volcarona, Latias, Venusaur and Espeon very easily and you can only KO it with Donphan which can't switch into it anyway. Therefore, I suggest you to change Venusaur's set in a Mixed Growth one. I will post its set below in this rate anyway Mixed Growth Venusaur allows with Earthquake to KO Heatran and this helps all your team members. Third, on Donphan I suggest you to use Ice Shard, replacing Knock Off. Knock Off is quite a useless move, Ice Shard otherwise allows Donphan to hit dragon-types hard so I think it's fine for your team since it's weak to them. Finally, on Espeon probably you wrote Soft Clay instead Light Clay. Soft Clay doesn't exist in this game, Light Clay otherwise extends the time of screens and that's good because with screens up Venusaur and Volcarona can use Growth and Quiver Dance more easily and then sweep the opposing team.

Anyways, nice sun team! Here's the sets you should use:

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake

Good luck!

Hey there.

This is a good start to a solid sun team, but there are a few problematic Pokémon to your team that will make it troublesome to be successful. The first is the common Special Landorus. He simply rips you apart with his Life Orb + Sheer Force boosted Earth Powers. Dragon-types in general give you problems since you lack a good answer to them. Special Dragon's in particular can just spam Draco Meteor and basically win. Opposing Volcarona can sweep you, and opposing Heatran, Venusaur, Victini, and Fire-types in general will make you cry. Without making too drastic of changes, I really would recommend an Air Balloon on Volcarona. This at least gives you a way to check Special Landorus as it resists all its other common moves. To help against opposing sun teams and to check opposing Heatran, try out Choice Band Snorlax instead of Espeon. Espeon seems fairly redundant and doesn't provide much to the team. Snorlax, however, can check opposing Lati@s, Venusaur, Volcarona, etc. and can even Pursuit opposing Politoed making it easier to win the weather war. With a Choice Band and huge Special Defense, Snorlax fits well on your team. Lastly, you really must try out Ice Shard on Donphan instead of Knock off. This gives you a decent way of checking Dragons with Donphan's great bulk, and it is one of the easiest way to fit an Ice-type move on your team. Anyways, that should cover most of your major threats without drastically changing your team. Here's the set. Good luck.

Snorlax (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Superpower
- Body Slam
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
I really really really really hate snorlax with a passion, I could just not bring myself to use him because i hate him so much.

Hello man I got your VM so I'll give you a rate.

First of all, your team has a big weakness to dragon-types like Dragonite, Salamence and Latios and to Rock Polish Landorus. If Dragonite uses Dragon Dance or Landorus uses Rock Polish, they can 6-0'd very easily. Also, your team hasn't a revenge-killer to deal setupper stronger. Therefore, I suggest you to use Choice Scarf Latias, replacing Kyurem-B. Latias is a very good revenge-killer thanks to her high speed and it can also resist to Rock Polish Landorus' attacks so she would work very well in your team. Then, on Donphan I suggest you to use Ice Shard, replacing Knock Off. Knock Off is quite a useless move, Ice Shard otherwise allows Donphan to hit dragon-types hard so I think it's fine for your team since it's weak to them. Finally, on Espeon probably you wrote Soft Clay instead Light Clay. Soft Clay doesn't exist in this game, Light Clay otherwise extends the time of screens and that's good because with screens up Venusaur and Volcarona can use Growth and Quiver Dance more easily and then sweep the opposing team.

Anyways, nice sun team! Good luck!
I am afriad i simply cannot do thta as the whole point of them team is to show kyurem-b works well with volcanora and getting rid of him which defeat the entire point of the team.

Hey nifty my name is here! Glad to be of service to you!

A few things I have to recommend here are that, if you're finding you want Kyurem to have a bit more bite, the LO set mentioned in the Kyurem-B thread you saw my post on does a huge amount to murder Volcarona's counters instead of maim like mine does. The fact that you have weather control in the form of Ninetails means that the sand I on my weatherless teams have issues with is a non-issue. You also have both Donphan AND Espeon, so Stealth Rock shouldn't be an issue for your team and Kyurem. I'd give LO a whirl since it fits your team here better than it does mine that needs the Lefties recovery.

Another thing I'm thinking, like Bri, is that Espeon seems a tad out of place here. I have no idea what to replace it with as I'm not sure of this teams strengths and weaknesses off the bat, but Sableye is always something I love to recommend to people, especially if you have a Sun team. Either you can replace Espeon for it, maintain Spin support and keep those Rocks down, or replace Donphan for it if you find you're really good at predicting with Espeon to keep SR and whatever hazard you bounce back down on their team. There are many options here, but I don't feel Espeon AND Donphan are needed. You also said that Espeon is to counter Terrakion, but it still takes a whollop from repeated switch ins to stop Terrakion AND hazards, and wil be worn down much faster that the musketeer. A consideration here I just realized is to replace Donpan for Golurk, which sounds nuts, but you still keep SR support with the OU set, and also gain a perfect Terrakion counter. CLaydol may be another thing to consider if you need SR, RS, and Terrakion counter all in one slot.

For Volcarona, the spread of 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe Timid is a different take on the moth's defensive spread. With that, you outspeed Jolteon and other base 130 friends at +1, while still keeping most of the bulk that your current spread has; the Timid spread only loses on 13 Defense points, and gains an additional 15 Speed. You also maintin the ability to outrun Scarf Latios and Terrakion at +2.

Hope I helped!

I quite like Sun Kyurem-B, but I've always found that Hidden Power Fire is a great choice for it. It allows you to OHKO Skarmory, Forretress (through Sturdy, in both cases), and not-specially defensive Ferrothorn, as well as stopping threats such as Scizor from switching in anywhere close to as easily.

That said, since Kyurem-B's role here is to support Volcarona, a fire type, Earth Power may be the better option to deal with Heatran, and Rotom-W/H, but perhaps something to try out.

Hey nifty my name is here! Glad to be of service to you!

A few things I have to recommend here are that, if you're finding you want Kyurem to have a bit more bite, the LO set mentioned in the Kyurem-B thread you saw my post on does a huge amount to murder Volcarona's counters instead of maim like mine does. The fact that you have weather control in the form of Ninetails means that the sand I on my weatherless teams have issues with is a non-issue. You also have both Donphan AND Espeon, so Stealth Rock shouldn't be an issue for your team and Kyurem. I'd give LO a whirl since it fits your team here better than it does mine that needs the Lefties recovery.

Another thing I'm thinking, like Bri, is that Espeon seems a tad out of place here. I have no idea what to replace it with as I'm not sure of this teams strengths and weaknesses off the bat, but Sableye is always something I love to recommend to people, especially if you have a Sun team. Either you can replace Espeon for it, maintain Spin support and keep those Rocks down, or replace Donphan for it if you find you're really good at predicting with Espeon to keep SR and whatever hazard you bounce back down on their team. There are many options here, but I don't feel Espeon AND Donphan are needed. You also said that Espeon is to counter Terrakion, but it still takes a whollop from repeated switch ins to stop Terrakion AND hazards, and wil be worn down much faster that the musketeer. A consideration here I just realized is to replace Donpan for Golurk, which sounds nuts, but you still keep SR support with the OU set, and also gain a perfect Terrakion counter. CLaydol may be another thing to consider if you need SR, RS, and Terrakion counter all in one slot.

For Volcarona, the spread of 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe Timid is a different take on the moth's defensive spread. With that, you outspeed Jolteon and other base 130 friends at +1, while still keeping most of the bulk that your current spread has; the Timid spread only loses on 13 Defense points, and gains an additional 15 Speed. You also maintin the ability to outrun Scarf Latios and Terrakion at +2.

Hope I helped!
hmmm it's something to think about, i don't think i can replace the don for golurk as he is my check for tyranitar, i think espeon is the odd ball here and replacing it might not be a bad idea with one of the lati, but i'll have to test with latios first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)